Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i met a few goon before and they were all fine people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

PokeJoe posted:

i met a few goon before and they were all fine people

I met some goons 15 years ago and I was the weirdo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Large Testicles posted:

I met a yosposter for like 2 minutes like 10 years ago. they gave me an old commodore and we went our separate ways. I sold that computer for $50 at the yard sale I had before moving 2 weeks ago

i met a yosposter over the holidays here, he gave me a sick G3 with a shitload of games and old music stuff on it.

i'm still obligated to set up a yospos hotline server at some point.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’ve met a few of y’all. It was a o k and fun

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

infernal machines posted:

i met a yosposter over the holidays here, he gave me a sick G3 with a shitload of games and old music stuff on it.

i'm still obligated to set up a yospos hotline server at some point.

uh, yes you are. I have so many vintage macs to connect to it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

akadajet posted:

not as bad as what intel does with their "extreme" nucs

it's tacky but theres a lot worse things in the world than the grateful dead

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I've never met a yosposter but I absolutely cherish the powerbook 5300ce that beep sent me for yosmas :shobon:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

for example, turn off your monitor OR click the ? near your username

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i have never knowingly met another sa person

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i've met a bunch of yosposters and I would have dinner with every single one of em again given the oppty. Some are odder than others but I never met the stereotypical goon, although there's a possibility that its me who is the stereotypical goon.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Video Nasty posted:

goon meets weren't always terrible :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7gi57NJDds

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

All the goons I've met have either gotten drunk w me or talked to me about job stuff. Did goons become more normal or did the world at large out goon us???

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I met one yosposter when he needed a charger and was in town and then I met a guy I knew from a now dead forum from Australia who was here for a conference

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I think most of the real attention seeking behavior either got folks banned or they left and went to other places like discord/twitter

When I got a great mac with hard drive from goons for yosmas years ago I met up with some goons at a coffee shop and we played with the macintosh and someone imaged the harddrive and you can play with it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f6niopgs2grh67/SamanthaFox.iso?dl=0 (you just need minivmac)

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

i have never knowingly met another sa person

i know and occasionally interact with 5 or 6 goons but us being goons is just incidental we never talk about the forums. discovered the identity of a goon in january when he posted a picture of a gathering at a bar we were at to a friend discord and saw that he was in a goon discord too when i looked at mutual servers

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

every goon ive met has been a disgusting smelly trainwreck of a person

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

i've met a bunch of yosposters and I would have dinner with every single one of em again given the oppty. Some are odder than others but I never met the stereotypical goon, although there's a possibility that its me who is the stereotypical goon.

I have to say the last time we hung out I was deep in an anxiety spiral so I apologize for that.

A few months later covid hit the world and boy howdy did that gently caress me up even more.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

i've met a bunch of yosposters and I would have dinner with every single one of em again given the oppty
yeah but thats only because you might score another ad&d 1e players handbook for free

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

you can turn off the recirculate on your car's A/C you know

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

don't talk to your monitor/mirror

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

the goons i've met irl have been pretty neat people, but i'm probably one of the more trainwreck ones they've met tbh

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

we did a goon meetup at DEFCON one year and it was great, no one was smelly or weird (except me)

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

:negative:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

we did a goon meetup at DEFCON one year and it was great, no one was smelly or weird (except me)

was that the year spankmeister just randomly had lunch with a bunch of texas oilmen thinking they were us goons

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

was that the year spankmeister just randomly had lunch with a bunch of texas oilmen thinking they were us goons

hahahahaha I forgot about that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

LMAO i didn't know that! hahaha

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I met one yosposter when he needed a charger and was in town and then I met a guy I knew from a now dead forum from Australia who was here for a conference

i met two dead forum posters (one was a mod, too) that had just become college dormmates. they both would IM me to complain about each other, at one point it was simultaneously. turns out posting pals don't necessarily make good roommates

Roosevelt posted:

i've only met one and this tracks

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Jonny 290 posted:

hahaha I remember hearing about that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

lmfao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

your oil shale is a piece of poo poo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Amberpos? Lol if you don't use pure blackpos

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Jonny 290 posted:

Hmm yes these 50 year old men in ten gallon hats, bola ties, and cowboy boots are definitely how I imagined my fellow posters.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wonder how they responded to the question

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Bluemillion posted:

Hmm yes these 50 year old men in ten gallon hats, bola ties, and cowboy boots are definitely how I imagined my fellow posters.

idk middle aged and badly dressed is probably quite accurate for a lot of us

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

a goon once posted a photograph like 50 m from me at the time; that's the closest i've come to meeting a goon i didn't know

e: oh yeah and some goon in the city who apparently recognizes me but i don't actually know who they are.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

there have been multiple times when someone has said "how do you know [some new secfuck details]" and I end up saying "errrr I am on some obscure internet forum" and have to try and avoid shouting "YOSPOS BITCH!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

one of my team used to use the phrase “jesus wept” and i was always paranoid she was trying to tell me she knew who i was haha