Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Saoshyant posted:

Daddies live too stressful a life to form long lasting memories and need occasional reminders.

these dads certainly do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
dang. hopefully they come back from the break ready to have fun and not dwell on the past

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Big Leg posted:

dang. hopefully they come back from the break ready to have fun and not dwell on the past

This would be a good idea since idk how you top years of nursing guilt over your wife just happening to be next to an exploding oil tanker.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Big Leg posted:

pretty sure they're headed toward tying up the thread with rei's family so i don't think you're going to 100% get this.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

pretty sure they're headed toward tying up the thread with rei's family so i don't think you're going to 100% get this.

definitely. we didn't have much buddy assassin-ing for a while, i can live with them dealing with their baggage for a few episodes

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Oh yeah in case you care about Attack on Titan, The Final Season, The Final Part, First Half aired. It is an hour long TV special covering chapters 131-134. I added it to the specials section in the thread OP

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So how many chapters are left for part 2?

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
It was 139 chapters total, so that should be 5 chapters left to cover for Part 2

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It is a terrific day to watch anime

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

haypliss posted:

This would be a good idea since idk how you top years of nursing guilt over your wife just happening to be next to an exploding oil tanker.

I blame him

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Agronox posted:

It is a terrific day to watch anime

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think I'm gonna start on the first episode of mou ippon because I hear it's good and it's not an isekai

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

sb hermit posted:

I think I'm gonna start on the first episode of mou ippon because I hear it's good and it's not an isekai

Can confirm it is a) good and b) not an isekai.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Omnicrom posted:

Can confirm it is a) good and b) not an isekai.

I just watched the first episode and, yeah, you're right!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Kendo girl simp here

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

mou ippon is the show i regret dropping this season the most so i might give it another couple of episodes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amused that the two videogame adaptations this season turned out decent, even if Cold Steel looks like a show animated by four people in a shed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Amused that the two videogame adaptations this season turned out decent, even if Cold Steel looks like a show animated by four people in a shed.

tbf thats also accurate to the first two cold steel games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1632297394715893761?t=CCLDrEoXq7rG-O9vVDlQpg&s=19

Gundam returns April 9

marumaru
May 20, 2013

sulets go

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It has the single ugliest episode I've seen in years with some awful boarding and composition but also it's story has gotten into a real good Grove so I'm still watching

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

need to catch up on the cold steel anime, don't care about the animation, just neat to see some more background stuff for the world

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
e) wrong

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Did Highcard turn out to be worth following?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

genericnick posted:

Did Highcard turn out to be worth following?

it is pretty fun and extremely stupid. if you're okay with that enjoy the ride.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I know someone said they were getting fed up with Nagatoro, but this last Judo episode really gives you a ton of backstory and kind of informs why she ended up being friends with the dork that was way too into art.

It is kind of a turning point in the overall story.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

FilthyImp posted:

I know someone said they were getting fed up with Nagatoro, but this last Judo episode really gives you a ton of backstory and kind of informs why she ended up being friends with the dork that was way too into art.

It is kind of a turning point in the overall story.

yeah it started turning poo poo around the last couple of episodes.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

High Card is an okay show to watch but something your 100% gonna forget about once the season is over. It also doesn't help that it's airing during the same season as Buddy Daddies which has the same sort of vibe but is doing everything better

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

SatoshiMiwa posted:

High Card is an okay show to watch but something your 100% gonna forget about once the season is over. It also doesn't help that it's airing during the same season as Buddy Daddies which has the same sort of vibe but is doing everything better

you really need to enjoy the comedy around miri for buddy daddies but if you do it is definitely superior

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

high card might be on its way to a downturn with its latest episode but i'm picky about writing power systems so probably most people won't be as irritated as me at the latest thing

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

good nagatoro modeling episode this week
would draw

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Patware posted:

high card might be on its way to a downturn with its latest episode but i'm picky about writing power systems so probably most people won't be as irritated as me at the latest thing

i've been team "high card is brain off" but i'm with you on this one. the card combination thing was both obvious and executed very poorly and it was part of a bad episode where finn is just missing shots arbitrarily with his "my gun always shoots straight" power and the stakes of the orphanage burning down feel hollow. i was left feeling like the escalation to the climax of the plot is going to be poorly handled. the show is better when it's just leaning into doing dumb episodes like the cruise ship heist or chris and finn having their hands stuck together.

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 6, 2023

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I still think the X-card thing could be cool if it’s not just “more cards/better hand = more power”. If they came up with a system where the cards have like Binding of Isaac-esque unique interactions, that could be really interesting. I’m not confident that they did that since marble guy just became the T-1000 or whatever but maybe it just wasn’t explained enough…

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Southern Cassowary posted:

i've been team "high card is brain off" but i'm with you on this one. the card combination thing was both obvious and executed very poorly and it was part of a bad episode where finn is just missing shots arbitrarily with his "my gun always shoots straight" power and the stakes of the orphanage burning down feel hollow. i was left feeling like the escalation to the climax of the plot is going to be poorly handled. the show is better when it's just leaning into doing dumb episodes like the cruise ship heist or chris and finn having their hands stuck together.

I'd say the PTSD flashbacks he was having might have definitely negatively affected his skills.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Xelkelvos posted:

I'd say the PTSD flashbacks he was having might have definitely negatively affected his skills.

this is fair and it's my least significant issue with the episode but he also got his brain together to help sam out and fired a bunch of shots after that

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

not to mention probably not wanting to paint the walls with a dude's brain right in front of a kid. that episode had some dumb poo poo but dude having trouble with his accuracy wasn't too big of a stretch for me

gonna move to the thread though because i just thought of something else to yell about

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ty for using my thread

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

symbolic posted:

ty for using my thread
travelled down to post and back again

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Tsundere Akuyaku etc. is making me wonder: are there actually any IRL historical examples of a tsundere noble anyone actually existing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well the term "tsundere" is virtually unknown outside otaku circles and isn't that old to begin with, I want to say maybe 30 years old at most? It's a plot point in the uncle isekai series that he doesn't recognize a tsundere character as into him because he wasn't familiar with the archetype.

Anyway, I doubt you'd find an example although there's a probability one existed simply because recognizing a tsundere usually requires knowing something about the person's inner life or catching very rare context cues when they're interacting with the object of their affection. Noblepersons typically didn't have historically documented romantic relationships due to arranged marriages making love somewhat of a taboo.

Basically, the nobility didn't really have the opportunity to be both tsun and dere, if they took an illicit lover they usually had to be very straightforward but circumspect about it and couldn't afford the subtle game of courtship that a tsundere requires.