Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt posted:

:prepop:

labradorites and cat

drat i gotta get me a fuckin labradorite orb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
compmeleon

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

When I look at the good screen after work

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

drat i gotta get me a fuckin labradorite orb
planning on doing some ponderin', eh?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

that fish has a sick triple screen setup

[edit] I'll be the monitor lizard

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Roosevelt posted:

:prepop:

labradorites and cat

for this question we will assume a perfectly spherical cat

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

:eyepoop: loving lol at those elephant ear outboard speakers. man that is an impressively ugly and cheap looking vaio.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

that looks like a mineral to me, Marie

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

that vaio is hideous

the libretto owns though

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SO DEMANDING posted:

:eyepoop: loving lol at those elephant ear outboard speakers. man that is an impressively ugly and cheap looking vaio.

the keyboard is making me QWEATY

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SO DEMANDING posted:

Beeftweeter posted:

that vaio is hideous

the libretto owns though

sony was all over the place with the vaio designs.

some of them were pretty good, a lot were like that. they were at least unique

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im the 96 contact fingers in the four inch long docking connector that will eventually get bent and unusable due to dust, pet hair and crumbs for the one on the top left.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

infernal machines posted:

sony was all over the place with the vaio designs.

some of them were pretty good, a lot were like that. they were at least unique

yeah, that's very true. sony design around that era was extremely unique even if sometimes they missed by a mile

i remember being very jealous of my buddy's clie vs. my handspring visor lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I remember when the vaios were about the thinnest laptops you could get but they were super unreliable as a result

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I remember when the vaios were about the thinnest laptops you could get but they were super unreliable as a result
jonny ive must've been so mad lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Chris Knight posted:

jonny ive must've been so mad lol

jobs wanted os x to run on them at one point so yeah probably lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

jobs wanted os x to run on them at one point so yeah probably lol

that article somehow doesn't mention that sony manufactured and designed the powerbook 100

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
docking stations are mostly standardized on USB-C now, thankfully, but trying to get a dock and a laptop made by different manufacturers to interoperate requires an act of God

thinkpad dock with thinkpad? works great. thinkpad dock with recent macbook? half the time it won't charge and if you plug some headphones into the dock's downstream USB-C connector then the displayport signal fails to negotiate. also macos refuses to allow you to control the dock's own audio jack volume :jerkbag:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Sapozhnik posted:

docking stations are mostly standardized on USB-C now, thankfully, but trying to get a dock and a laptop made by different manufacturers to interoperate requires an act of God

thinkpad dock with thinkpad? works great. thinkpad dock with recent macbook? half the time it won't charge and if you plug some headphones into the dock's downstream USB-C connector then the displayport signal fails to negotiate. also macos refuses to allow you to control the dock's own audio jack volume :jerkbag:

Eh, we have HP laptops + USB-C docks at work and even after dozens of firmware updates over ~3 years there's still a non-zero chance of a random port just straight up not working

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

despite this, usb-c works 100 times more reliably than displayport does. at least on dells.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turn on your monitor

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

that article somehow doesn't mention that sony manufactured and designed the powerbook 100

i didn't know that, that's cool as heck. lazy verge :argh:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol seriously it's literally in the first sentence of the wikipedia article

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

echinopsis posted:

i’ve always found it disappointing when a clearly talented artist just draws some pop culture bullshit

either that or maybe they do lots of other stuff but
only the pop culture bullshit gets upvoted and floats to the top

the tat effect is quite
good tho. it’ll probably date but who cares just tattoo

I wonder if this is a lot of the west. our societies are pretty heterogenous, it’s easy to imagine having no cultural connection to your neighbours

The thing is, Pop Culture changes and shifts a lot. Nowadays it seems much faster because honestly capitalism eats it's own so things get recycled because there isn't a lot new in the big zeitgeist.

But you also have to realize, in the 19th century, this tattoo was the equivalent of a modern Star Wars backpiece.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tattoos have always been just all memes all the way

that's why no-one talented has ever become a tattoo artist

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

jerry noo

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Star wars backpiece? No that guy still looks cool, I think it's the equivalent to a Godzilla backpiece

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The thing is, Pop Culture changes and shifts a lot. Nowadays it seems much faster because honestly capitalism eats it's own so things get recycled because there isn't a lot new in the big zeitgeist.

But you also have to realize, in the 19th century, this tattoo was the equivalent of a modern Star Wars backpiece.

Doctor says I need someone to watch the mole on my butt in case it changes color

Sir, this a tattoo parlor

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

drat that looks like it would've owned hard

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

These were all done by hand right? How long do you think something like this would take to get

mystes
May 31, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

These were all done by hand right? How long do you think something like this would take to get
Are tattoos not done by hand now?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't think there was an ancient japanese rotary or coil machine

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the soviets used a pencil

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mystes posted:

"by hand" = not using an electromechanical tattoo machine but instead an unpowered instrument.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

mystes posted:

tebori uses no powered tools. It legit takes forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

drat that looks like it would've owned hard

it's on ebay right now for a starting bid of $9500

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/285169125571