Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Impressive amount of qol stuff announced in the last week, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Impressive amount of qol stuff announced in the last week, wow.
How much of it can be changed in a config file?

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
The new grouping with friends mechanic is the best improvement of the lot imo.

Since 13.3 dropped, I've had massive issues with stuttering and my frame rate jumping all over the place between 5 and 125 fps. No idea what caused it, but I turned mip processing on and now it's completely stable at 65fps.

Just figured I'd share in case anyone else been having similar issues.

Pre patch my game ran fine. Still can't play streets though.

Also, interchange as a map is great. Fix the lighting and adjust spawns and it probably overtakes customs as my fave map. Run down malls are sick video game locations.

Interchange inspired me to make this dayz map edit a couple years ago.

https://youtu.be/DtbhJU5pvzw

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It's pretty crazy the amount of changes they announced. The game gets absolutely poo poo on and Nikita dangles a few scraps in front of players to distract them from the bigger issues. Still, the changes are nice and with stuff like that, you might be able to just take cheating. If the game is fun and whatever you lose to cheating is easily replaced, you can deal with it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
^yeah pretty much

Shumagorath posted:

How much of it can be changed in a config file?

idc, I'm just happy that stuff is getting improved that needed it badly

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Cheaters don't go after Mosin or SKS gamers. You will still get randomly head shot but they tend not to chase you down with a low value kit.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Since 13.3 dropped, I've had massive issues with stuttering and my frame rate jumping all over the place between 5 and 125 fps. No idea what caused it, but I turned mip processing on and now it's completely stable at 65fps.

Just figured I'd share in case anyone else been having similar issues.

Streets has been rough for me but with the most recent changes I get wildly unstable FPS (on Streets) unless i toggle off instant replay recording on my PC. No clue what caused it.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Let's see how long before they fix it, but as of yesterday you could make scav armies of any number if everyone you sent invites to accepted at the same time. 15 scavs in one group was pretty fun.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Let's see how long before they fix it, but as of yesterday you could make scav armies of any number if everyone you sent invites to accepted at the same time. 15 scavs in one group was pretty fun.

How does grouping even work as a Scav, just start you in the same spawn?

I'd love to see 15 scavs just appear and wreck a map.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Hello fellow goons, I've been working on a set of tools for Tarkov and I've now hit the point where I'm happy with the state of it to start sharing it around. It features:
-An automatic gun builder, so you can ask for what a meta recoil AK-103 at level 32 and get the best build that fits that. Has modes for recoil, ergo and the meta version of both.
-A damage simulator which will allow you simulate the armour damage, shots to kill, damage, damage mitigation and etc between a given armour item and bullet.
-Data tables which present just what is in the game files, but also some calculated ones such as an ammo effectiveness chart that is more informative than NoFoodAfterMidnight's commonly used one.

Any feedback would of course be appreciated :)
http://tarkovgunsmith.com/

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I dunno if I'm a edge case scenario but I'm level 28 and don't have peacekeeper level 3. Maybe allow to individually select trader level?

Not a big deal I think

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

poe meater posted:

I dunno if I'm a edge case scenario but I'm level 28 and don't have peacekeeper level 3. Maybe allow to individually select trader level?

Not a big deal I think

PK 3 is at level 23, so you either haven't spent enough with him or don't have enough loyalty.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

poe meater posted:

Not a big deal I think

What do you mean by individually select trader level? You can already do that by clicking the roman numerals tabs at the top of their inventory. You can also see the trader level in roman numbers 1-2-3 and "crown" for 4 in the trader screen where you select traders.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
He means for the tool being discussed right now.
It's hard-coded to the max you could have at the level you specify rather than allowing people to say "I don't have Jaeger 4 yet because gently caress his quests" or whatever their reason may be.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

matryx posted:

or whatever their reason may be.

Looks at Friend From the West part 1 and the fact that like 90% of the players seem to have rolled bears this wipe...

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
A lot of the dipshit questing needs to go the gently caress away. So many of those are absolute sadistic slogs of bullshit. Wouldn't be a big deal if trader levels weren't gated behind them.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
That is to push you to buy the $100 version. The .2 rep boost means you pretty much cant be rep gated until ll4, and even then you get past it pretty fast.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

AlternateAccount posted:

A lot of the dipshit questing needs to go the gently caress away. So many of those are absolute sadistic slogs of bullshit. Wouldn't be a big deal if trader levels weren't gated behind them.

If they dropped the bullshit quests, just made rep grind something you can do from selling certain items to certain traders and maybe double or quadrupled the rubles needed to be spent for each level, it would be far more fun imo.

Or poo poo, just used daily and weekly quests for rep so you dont have to stare at the same bullshit quests for the whole wipe and pray you get lucky sometimes...

Just let people play and enjoy the game basically without forcing them to do bullshit things to progress.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Xerxes17 posted:

Hello fellow goons, I've been working on a set of tools for Tarkov and I've now hit the point where I'm happy with the state of it to start sharing it around. It features:
-An automatic gun builder, so you can ask for what a meta recoil AK-103 at level 32 and get the best build that fits that. Has modes for recoil, ergo and the meta version of both.
-A damage simulator which will allow you simulate the armour damage, shots to kill, damage, damage mitigation and etc between a given armour item and bullet.
-Data tables which present just what is in the game files, but also some calculated ones such as an ammo effectiveness chart that is more informative than NoFoodAfterMidnight's commonly used one.

This kicks rear end. While not necessary info it would be cool if on the build sheet it would display which vendor sold the particular part, also maybe have an indicator if a build allows a sight, or if it would need an additional mount or something. Otherwise it's super cool and I will be using it a bunch.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xerxes17 posted:

This is really neat. Only played around with the Armor Damage Calculator, but I like it a lot. Will definitely be coming back to it in the future :cheers:

e: The calculator seems to be missing at least 7.62 BP.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

fennesz posted:

This is really neat. Only played around with the Armor Damage Calculator, but I like it a lot. Will definitely be coming back to it in the future :cheers:

e: The calculator seems to be missing at least 7.62 BP.

The filter for ammo choice is by default at trader 4, if you set it to 6 it will show up.

e. I'll probably change this to default 6 very soon however.

Xerxes17 fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 8, 2023

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Which one of you is this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

El Jebus posted:

Which one of you is this?

lmao

appears to be a japanese vtuber

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 11, 2023

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

"Alright guys, next big donation decides what I do!"
*jingle*
[robot voice] 10,000 bit donation...from...ExWifeCollective: "Use Five-Seven on self".
"Well I said I'd do it!"

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/VkgMhmY.mp4

The peeping tom epidemic in Tarkov is getting worse every day.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
So I've watched about 20 hours of a streamer and bought Tarkov.

I understand that the first thing I gotta do is learn the maps. Not gonna lie, it's been kinda fun doing some land nav tricks to place where I am in woods. I tried a night scav and I'm not quite there yet doing land nav with just a flashlight.

Every now and again I get shot in the head. I was told to expect that, but it's still jarring.

CaptainEO
Sep 24, 2007

Found Something Great Here
Totally normal! Woods is a nice starter map. I would also suggest Reserve (as a Scav) - it's not too big and you have a good chance of extracting safely with decent loot.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

KirbyKhan posted:

So I've watched about 20 hours of a streamer and bought Tarkov.

I understand that the first thing I gotta do is learn the maps. Not gonna lie, it's been kinda fun doing some land nav tricks to place where I am in woods. I tried a night scav and I'm not quite there yet doing land nav with just a flashlight.

Every now and again I get shot in the head. I was told to expect that, but it's still jarring.

Customs is the next one you should learn as many of the early game quests require going there. Important knowledge is the location of the hotspots (cons, fortress and dorms) and when to go there and when not to go there. Dorms is usually populated by sweaty tryhards in the first few minutes, so if you are playing solo, delay entry a bit so you can get your objectives done.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/news/id/249

Seems like they are adjusting some quests to be a bit more humane. However, these are all quests which are still quite far away from where I currently am, but here's to hoping that they make more sweeping adjustments across the board.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm still looking for the god damned Salewas and that stupid shotgun

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I mean, I have made progress. I found a set of matches and now my hovel has a hobo fire drum.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hazamuth posted:

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/news/id/249

Seems like they are adjusting some quests to be a bit more humane. However, these are all quests which are still quite far away from where I currently am, but here's to hoping that they make more sweeping adjustments across the board.

yeah that stuff means literally nothing to me, as i've never seen those quests before. who cares

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I care in the sense that the longer this sudden surge of easing of quests and providing a modicum of qol into playing the game continues, the more there is a chance that there are more changes that *do* affect me.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
That's a nice change to colleagues part 3, I had written off getting that one done

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Hooplah posted:

yeah that stuff means literally nothing to me, as i've never seen those quests before. who cares

Look, they just need to tweak another 20 quests first, because that's the real problem, THEN they'll get to the cheaters, desync, and audio issues.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
one part of the solution to density of cheaters is doing stuff that increases retention/gets people back in the game which works to dilute the cheaters into a larger pool of players

key word there being 'part of' ofc

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm still looking for the god damned Salewas and that stupid shotgun

Just buy the shotguns. After doing Jaeger's intro, of course.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

widespread posted:

Just buy the shotguns. After doing Jaeger's intro, of course.

Lmao was that always an option?

So much scav blood on my hands...

I got the Salewas in Luke 3 raids by luck.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Bondematt posted:

Lmao was that always an option?

So much scav blood on my hands...

I got the Salewas in Luke 3 raids by luck.

If it doesn't say the item needs to be acquired in raid, you can just buy it and turn it in.

If anyone is having issues finding salewas, most wipes I get mine on Customs. Check the jacket in the back of the blue car under the tower at scav checkpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My first wipe focus is on PMC Woods and Scav Interchange. I've looked at one customs tour video, it seems like a fine map, but I just don't have enough human bandwidth to learn more than 2 maps at a time.

The game has been fun, don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely enjoying the granular mastery I'm acquiring with each woods run. Every barrel stash successfully found feels good so far.

My big problem right now is hesitating to pull the trigger. I do not know how to identify someone as a scav, a PMC, or a player scav. It doesn't matter to my PMC runs because I just kill everyone. On my scav runs I do a Q/E wave/nod and sometimes someone stops and push to talks me and we just leave each other alone. Sometimes a dude just starts blasting me. Who knows the difference, I dont