Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Nuts and Gum posted:

Does anyone who made the Arkham games still work there? That poo poo was a long time ago.

The cofounders left end of last year. They could see the writing on the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rocksteady is pushing hard for releasing a game 10 years after their last one

acksplode
May 17, 2004

They pushed too hard and pooped a little

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Rocksteady can take all the time they need to strip loadouts and gear score out of Suicide Squad

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Talk about having GaaS pains!!!!!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I didn't mind Gotham Knights. I rented it and might have been mad if I paid full price though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You can retool Suicide Squad however you want but I wont play it.

Now bring on the Exoprimal

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I wonder when this situation of devs releasing basically one AAA per console generation will become untenable. When you do well, you get something like RDR2 but on the other hand you could get a stinky GaaS Suicide Squad game.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
At this rate Suicide Squad feels more like the dev team’s nickname rather than the game’s name

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I didn't mind Gotham Knights. I rented it and might have been mad if I paid full price though.

I'm hoping it pops up on GP sooner rather than later.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I just want to make sure the RoboCop game isn’t gaas.
Kinda want to play Fallout: Old Detroit.
I’d buy that for a dollar! play that on gamepass.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Seems like lately, all the free Xbox Gold weekend games are all on game pass anyway.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Between Gotham Knights & Suicide Squad I wonder if Warner Bros. now regrets not selling off their gaming division? I could swear there was a lot of talk about it years ago and at the last second they decided to keep going, but now it's going to be worthless aside from NetherRealm Studios. Rocksteady's fall really sucks to see though, they used to be phenomenal developers.

Even the Arkham Asylum & City remasters got hosed up :negative:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

webmeister posted:

At this rate Suicide Squad feels more like the dev team’s nickname rather than the game’s name
what are we, some kinda... Bad Game Team?

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I wonder when this situation of devs releasing basically one AAA per console generation will become untenable. When you do well, you get something like RDR2 but on the other hand you could get a stinky GaaS Suicide Squad game.

Generative AI will be the answer*

*I’m only half joking

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

Between Gotham Knights & Suicide Squad I wonder if Warner Bros. now regrets not selling off their gaming division? I could swear there was a lot of talk about it years ago and at the last second they decided to keep going, but now it's going to be worthless aside from NetherRealm Studios. Rocksteady's fall really sucks to see though, they used to be phenomenal developers.

Even the Arkham Asylum & City remasters got hosed up :negative:

Harry Potter sold like 20 million copies

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Gross

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new resi4 demo is cool. looks a bit soft even in resolution mode tbh

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

looks a bit soft even in resolution mode tbh

Had a doctor say this to me last week

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

otter posted:

It's from the same folks who made that Terminator FPS which isn't amazing but it's definitely a FPS based on Terminator with all the stuff you'd want from such a thing (the theme, killer robits, post apocalyptic setting) so I'm pretty sure they're not going to suddenly turn RobertCop into a GAAS.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
What I want from a Terminator FPS is to be Arnold Schwarzenegger shooting the poo poo out of the LAPD.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Playing Titanfall 2. Cheers to everyone in the thread who said its the best FPS. That's how i feel so far too, very good. Playing the solo campaign... is multi-player active?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Playing Titanfall 2. Cheers to everyone in the thread who said its the best FPS. That's how i feel so far too, very good. Playing the solo campaign... is multi-player active?

Yes but you're going to get completely destroyed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

otter posted:

If it's like the terminator game these devs made, which was also good, then it'll just be a small AA first person shooter that is entirely offline only.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Issaries posted:

RE4 demo was a kickass. Bit more actiony than previous remakes, but still with good horror feels.

I'm also excited about the Ghost Trick Remake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64X3WayQdLw

As it should be. :colbert:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I said come in! posted:

If it's like the terminator game these devs made, which was also good, then it'll just be a small AA first person shooter that is entirely offline only.

I didn't even know they made a Terminator game. I need to check that out.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Okay this is like the third time I’m downloading a 30gb update for Atomic Heart. I really enjoy the moment to moment combat, and the looting is like vampire survivor level crack, but the open world is so bad. A lot of it is the difficulty and the absolute worst map in game I’ve ever used.

Maybe after 100gb of updates they’ll make the font bigger tho!

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

otter posted:

I didn't even know they made a Terminator game. I need to check that out.

I enjoyed it. It's definitely not AAA, but it's not some garbage like Terminator Salvation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FteYu0MdOn4&t=4426s

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

priznat posted:

is that another arkham style game? Didn't another one just come out that sucked poo poo?

(suicide squad not the robocop one)

Gotham Knights was a different team, not part of the "Arkham" universe, and doesnt suck so much as A) isn't what people wanted and B) tries to do free roam and does it poorly.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

New gameplay trailer of the RoboCop game seems like it's just 95% bland shooter. I love Robocop but I'm not sure what else I expected from a modern Robocop game. There's no fun in role-playing a cop that just shoots everyone.

Maybe there's a dedicated button to yell STOP RESISTING.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Sywert of Thieves posted:

New gameplay trailer of the RoboCop game seems like it's just 95% bland shooter. I love Robocop but I'm not sure what else I expected from a modern Robocop game. There's no fun in role-playing a cop that just shoots everyone.

I seem to be having…trouble.

Why isn’t it a PSVR2 title?? Dat three round burst action :fap:

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 11, 2023

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Wild Xbox June showcase speculation time:

2023 is the year of fighting games with new Tekken, Mortal Kombat & Street Fighter. It's also the 10-year anniversary of Killer Instinct, and Phil commented a while back that Xbox was actively searching for the right developer to partner with to develop Killer Instinct 2. I don't think we'll see it this year (although it would be freakin' wild if they did another shadow drop) but a reveal at the June showcase would be awesome.

I think there were rumors a while back about a team at Bandai Namco working on it since they have multiple teams who won't be working on Tekken and haven't had any other projects for a while, but that's just rumors. I think Iron Galaxy are still too intimidated to try tackling a sequel themselves despite the dev help both they (and before them, Double Helix) received from Rare, but their last projects have recently wrapped-up (Rumbleverse being part of the GaaS-pocalypse and their work on the Metroid Prime port being completed) so maybe they might be willing to return?

In reality we'll probably just get a Tweet from Rare to celebrate while Xbox continues looking for a partner but it would be a great surprise announcement for a 2024 release. Personally hoping they keep the game the same (with some new KI characters and integrating more Xbox characters from the wider studios e.g. Doom Slayer and Corvo/Emily from Dishonored, and Alex Mercer from Prototype if the ActivisionBlizzard acquisition is approved, maybe an Overwatch character too) and maybe a new tag-team mode allowing for even more ridiculous combos :swoon:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I agree. With their low budget Terminator game, the whole fun is being surrounded by sound effects and visuals from the Future War clips from T1 and T2. Phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range etc.

They need to capture the chaos of Old Detroit, and the "I'd buy that for a dollar", the TV ads / new segments, or the industrial toxic waste / pollution none of which is coming through in that trailer. Or shooting up a cocaine factory with modern particle effects and volumetric lighting.

Robocop is my favourite movie (I quoted Murphy in my Master's thesis), but that trailer didn't do anything for me. I thought the voice lines sounded like a poor imitation but it turns out that's just a really old Peter Weller :smith:

Escape Goat fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 11, 2023

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

The problem is that the original Robocop movie is EXTREMELY 16+. The remake was pg13 but it was a lot less fun.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I want them to make a Back to the Future open world FPS.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t watch Robocop until last year. I tend to not be big on “beloved 80s movies” like the kind beloved by those who think Ghostbusters is a perfect movie so I didn’t think I’d like it too much. Anyway it absolutely loving ruled

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I want them to make a Back to the Future open world FPS.

Fly around the open world with a hoverboard, compatible with the Tony Hawk Ride controller

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

I didn’t watch Robocop until last year. I tend to not be big on “beloved 80s movies” like the kind beloved by those who think Ghostbusters is a perfect movie so I didn’t think I’d like it too much. Anyway it absolutely loving ruled

I also watched it for the first time in the past year. The scene near the end where the evil robot just slips and falls down the stairs loving killed me. I had to rewind and watch it again.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Escape Goat posted:

Fly around the open world with a hoverboard, compatible with the Tony Hawk Ride controller

Imagine a world where that makes a comeback and is worth over a hundred dollars like the Rock Band instruments are now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
man dies and is still forced to enforce facism for the state, no ty robocop