Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3P9JBPRPWY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPPl7Lq9-CE

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cimH1effNA

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i accept this compromise.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

just got done with the Korsica fight

:allears:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
it's really cool how they mixed the dialog and gameplay with the swelling music for that fight

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c pathfinder s: made it through the character creation and the game proper opened with a dragon getting decapitated by a demon

good start

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

how is this game so good

Kuvo posted:

it's really cool how they mixed the dialog and gameplay with the swelling music for that fight
:yeah:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

just got done with the Korsica fight

:allears:

i enjoyed this fight very much

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
c sekiro s: these mummy rifle bosses are still a couple of stinkers

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
trucking along in Dishonored 2, pretty fun. there's one level that has a logic puzzle blocking a door, and although the solution is in-game at the end of one of the quests, I figured I'd try my hand at it.

holy crap. I haven't done one of those since like high school maybe, and I just couldn't conceive of doing it in anything other than in Excel lol. like I had to picture moving the groups of properties around on a grid for it to make sense.

and after a few hours in the level beyond that door, I gotta start it over because I somehow completely boned myself and it's just easier to do it from scratch lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
spring steam sale is underway :toot:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

any standouts?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

wildfire, last call bbs, firework, railbound, midnight fight express, and sailing era are my grab bag of recommendations

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

last call and midnight fight are on game pass

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

has anyone played sekiro on steam deck? i keep wanting to attempt it again but last time i tried i realized part of my issue is the awful framerate on the ps4 version

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/coolgoblinzone/status/1636408384491749377?s=46&t=R0J6gZ9IVIuVqJ6bAd5VsQ

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

otoh the Harry/Kim fic writers are going to be ecstatic

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

pseudorandom name posted:

otoh the Harry/Kim fic writers are going to be ecstatic
oh. you mean literally all of tumblr lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
there is a hummel bummel for shadowrun (5e) and i'm very tempted even though i will likely never ever get to play it and even reading it is dicey at this point

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

btw ciaphas thanks for mentioning the new dead cells update. i've been enjoying it after previously hitting a wall after the first boss cell like 2 years ago

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

btw ciaphas thanks for mentioning the new dead cells update. i've been enjoying it after previously hitting a wall after the first boss cell like 2 years ago
:tipshat:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

finished Heavenly Bodies last night. A little short for $20 in the end but I liked it a lot, for all that

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

has anyone played Timberborn? is it any good? it looks cute and I love city builders

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
ADACA on steam sale. That's all I've picked up so far, but i want to spend more money

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

timberborn is good, one of the better city builders.. but it's no rimworld

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

That's a whole lot of implied backstory which would have made a better tweet

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dioxazine posted:

timberborn is good, one of the better city builders.. but it's no rimworld

rimworld is a dwarf clone :colbert:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

c pathfinder s: discovered the turn based combat mode and it is quite well done

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

which pathfinder did you settle on, anyway?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

good!!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

dwarf fortress is a The Sims-like

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

dioxazine posted:

which pathfinder did you settle on, anyway?

the newer demon crusade one, mostly because I figured it would have better qol features etc

I've never played anything with pathfinder rules before and it's definitely got this weird uncanny valley thing going on vs d&d

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

pseudorandom name posted:

dwarf fortress is a The Sims-like

Lol. I told my gf rimworld was "the Sims with war crimes"

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i guess that's pretty close to accurate..

The Fool posted:

the newer demon crusade one, mostly because I figured it would have better qol features etc

I've never played anything with pathfinder rules before and it's definitely got this weird uncanny valley thing going on vs d&d

yeah! i got that too starting kingmaker, though not to the same degree since i've only briefly touched on 4E and 5E

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

The Fool posted:

c pathfinder s: discovered the turn based combat mode and it is quite well done

flipping in and out of it is handy too if you run into some packs of trash

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh poo poo ms jones loves the sims, i should set her up to try out rimworld. she's at baseball practice with little jones but ill ask her if she wants to try it when she gets back

we're havin mcdonalds for dinner tonight. there was supposed to be a game, so ms j promised lj mcdonalds after. the field was rained out, so they're having a practice instead but the mcdonalds remains. as much as little jones loves to marshal technicalities against us, i do not think he would enjoy it if the tables turned

Its a Rolex
Jan 23, 2023

Hey, posting is posting. You emptyquote, I turn my monitor on; what's the difference?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

has anyone played Timberborn? is it any good? it looks cute and I love city builders

i like timberborn but i never get super far in colony sim/city builder games. i watched a couple nilaus videos to figure out how to start out and realized i was being way too slow on tech/how to build vertically, then after that it got a lot more fun

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdecjBcKUwI

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

RokosCockatrice posted:

That's a whole lot of implied backstory which would have made a better tweet
half the replies are asking what happened lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

its come up in this thread multiple times, I had assumed there was a base level of awareness