Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol owned, shepherd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A page too late butt:

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Christ what an rear end in a top hat?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

By popular demand posted:

A page too late butt:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

SO WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH ROSIE, ANYWAY??

A bonus CYELATM post

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dislike that comic, personally

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i do as well, but generally don't feel the need to share it

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I dislike the 3,000 pages of anime comics, and feel the need to share it every chance I get.

alright i will share ONE (1) comic from my stash as penance for this post

also i hate all these extremely long, muddy, magna opera comics with no real artistic merit but c'est la vie

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I like CYELATM. It's cute in a weird in a sincere way. Often when I come across a comic about a couple fawning over each other and getting up to cute antics or whatever it's going for all the #relatable vibes, like it's engineered to get you to Like and Share and boost engagement. Close Your Eyes doesn't give me that sense, that it's just scenes that the author finds personally enchanting and if anyone reading happens to like it too that's just a bonus.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: Subtlety is not a mimic's forte

quote:

“It is said in some circles that the among his hoard the Grand Dragon scattered nightmarish beasts that, much like the trap-door spider, could conceal themselves while they wait patiently for prey. These creatures, however, are rumored to have the devilish power to conceal themselves as furniture, or puddles of water, or even men. They are said to have only one weakness – they are vastly stupid, and left alone are incapable of distinguishing others of their kin from enemies or prey. They have little imagination and will simply copy the form of the nearest object.

Imagine, then, if you will, a little thought experiment – a room of only these things, hundreds of them, duplicating each other’s form in idiot redundancy. The thought is, of course, quite ridiculous and chilling in equal measure. I prefer to believe their existence is confined to rumor alone.”

-Pree Parzy de Peroxes, S.C. 260, The Magnificent Beast

Alt: Soon I will be drawing far less characters in these scenes, I assure you.

quote:

“There’s no kinship among thieves, and there’s even less among devils. If I had to pick one over the other, I’d go with the thief. Judges help the man who picks a devil for a traveling companion.”

– Amvater ya Imven, Bone Monk

Alt: "Beware the fire of the star-bearers. It is too terrible to touch."

quote:

Revenge

Done hosed up

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Phthisis posted:

I dislike the 3,000 pages of anime comics, and feel the need to share it every chance I get.

also i hate all these extremely long, muddy, magna opera comics with no real artistic merit but c'est la vie

The only good manga ITT are comics about serious samurai making silly faces while discussing mundane topics.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

World Famous W posted:

i do as well, but generally don't feel the need to share it

that's why everyone talks about you behind your back

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy

I should bring Lina's tutorial flipchart back, that was a fun gag.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

HE IS A GOOD BOY.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Chapter 1
Update 19:
Mech

-=Author's Notes=-
E: The author's notes was way too long, read the full thing in the thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022240

Chapter 1
Episode: 20
Character Actor

-=Author Notes=-

I'm really excited, I've come into an opportunity to focus on the comic full time for the next 6 months to a year, and CSP 2.0 has completely changed how I make the comic (which you've probably noticed in the shift from the first half of the page to the 2nd.) I can't wait to show you all the stuff I've got cooking up. As always, please comment, either through the form you can find on the site, here, or in my thread, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022240.It's a shorter update as I'm participating in a minor surgery to cure my bpd called TMS

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 18:30 on Jun 28, 2023

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tenebrais posted:

I like CYELATM. It's cute in a weird in a sincere way. Often when I come across a comic about a couple fawning over each other and getting up to cute antics or whatever it's going for all the #relatable vibes, like it's engineered to get you to Like and Share and boost engagement. Close Your Eyes doesn't give me that sense, that it's just scenes that the author finds personally enchanting and if anyone reading happens to like it too that's just a bonus.

yeah, i barf at the ~omg we are so twee~ comics but cylaenmg is real good imo.

also anime is blood, except chako

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao, that reminds me to thank hempuli for posting ansu

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Carthag Tuek posted:

yeah, i barf at the ~omg we are so twee~ comics but cylaenmg is real good imo.

also anime is blood, except chako

yeah i'll happily grant that the scribbly welsh-named comic is genuine. still don't particularly like it though

chako and the diner comic are The Readable Animes. i think golden kamuy got posted in one of the threads (either CCCC or the now-memory-holed one) and i'd like to see that again, if it's legal

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I think I heard some people whining that there wasn't enough Asian comics represented in the thread! No worries, I'm here to help.

Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joseph Joseph Joseph apparently rides a motorcycle to Mexico! He stops at a bar where he drinks from a horse trough and gets hassled by some local ruffians!

Read right to left:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah i'll happily grant that the scribbly welsh-named comic is genuine. still don't particularly like it though

chako and the diner comic are The Readable Animes. i think golden kamuy got posted in one of the threads (either CCCC or the now-memory-holed one) and i'd like to see that again, if it's legal

You can find Golden Kamuy at your local bookstore

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah sorry i meant thread-legal, not literally-legal

if it's published and sold though that seems Not For Posting

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

By popular demand posted:

A page too late butt:

Special guest artist haus of decline

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
American Barbarian

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Boba Pearl posted:

Chapter 1
Episode: 20
Character Actor

I think it was a great choice to make the "psycho clown" a role that your character is playing for a defined purpose, rather than his actual personality.

Making characters into OC The Joker is tired as hell but this works nicely

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

the holy poopacy posted:

American Barbarian

When I was playing world of tanks obsessively I considered making Two-Tank Omen my avatar, but I couldn't find a crop I liked as an avatar. I remember going back to look for the comic a few years back but I think it had been published and taken down for a time. It's cool that it's back up.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sleepless Domain

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Today's update is instead about Saki's misery!

Unwinder
Nov 12, 2021

Plus tard, couillons!
Interesting trivia for you, the author of CYELATM also wrote this Powerup Comics strip from the early years:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Paul, who is a lesbian cat

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Unwinder posted:

Interesting trivia for you, the author of CYELATM also wrote this Powerup Comics strip from the early years:

i like it! its a good combo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll see where it goes but considering what we know about the magical girls in this universe (in particular that they lose their powers after a certain age, presumably around the time they graduate) I'm kinda wary

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Mmm, I forgot to mention that Chako is exempt from the anime-hating and is the current GOAT of the thread. Plica is generally good, too.

Also, I'm mulling around in my head a good Chako-Pupkin pumpkin dog crossover comic idea but so far nothing has materialized.

I love Pupkin.

I also generally like cyelatm. I am eagerly awaiting the comic where Rosie puts herself into the trash, as that is truly an excellent conic.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll see where it goes but considering what we know about the magical girls in this universe (in particular that they lose their powers after a certain age, presumably around the time they graduate) I'm kinda wary

I mean. Teens get pregnant sometimes. I don't think it's inherently sus for a character to have a mother who has a mom that was a teen mom, that's a lot of actual people in the world's experience, and part of their life? The comic is pretty matter-of-fact about it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swan Boy

This one kills me

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a strangely wholesome search history, absent of the "DEER BEEHIVE HAIR rear end NOW" i would have expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mycatscrimes posted:

I mean. Teens get pregnant sometimes. I don't think it's inherently sus for a character to have a mother who has a mom that was a teen mom, that's a lot of actual people in the world's experience, and part of their life? The comic is pretty matter-of-fact about it.

Yeah, like I said I'll see where it goes. And at this point I trust the comic to treat the subject well, and I trust Tenebrais to not post something that takes a sudden left turn into creepsville. But yes, while teen pregnancy does happen in the real world, this isn't the real world, and people writing stories about sensitive topics can make mistakes, or be blind to their own weird attitudes about this or that. Also, teen pregnancy is not a topic I would ever think to include in a magical girl story (even one that's about trauma and survivor's guilt), so, like I said. It's just a weird curveball that I didn't see coming, and it has me wary, just because of the ways authors and artists can be weird about such topics historically.