Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, I just watched both good Terminator movies with my partner because she said she hadn't seen them and I wanted to see if the twist theory held up. Unfortunately about ten minutes into T2 she remembered that she had, in fact, seen it before

But I can confirm at least that the shot of the frozen chunk of t-1000 starting to melt is gallium, but the drops puddling together are mercury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I really love that shocked expression that the T1000 has as he is frozen with half an arm.

Almost as much as I love the really quick :aaa: face he makes before being launched into the molten steel or whatever it is.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also they cast Robert Patrick because he could fire his gun without blinking which is a very rare skill that even Arnold didn't have. It helped make him seem less human.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BioEnchanted posted:

Also they cast Robert Patrick because he could fire his gun without blinking which is a very rare skill that even Arnold didn't have. It helped make him seem less human.

Doesn't he not blink in any of the shots? Or is that some old wive's tale?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I believe Robert Patrick coped that from either Haley Joel Osment from AI or Jenna Ortega in Wednesday

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

BioEnchanted posted:

It's hilarious watching Mel Gibson fire a gun in Lethal Weapon and comparing the difference. Even just between him and Danny Glover it's pretty remarkable.

https://youtu.be/3aSdLAndoJU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
You actually aren't supposed to blink when you fire. Helps keep your aim straight. Patrick went to the range and just shot until he could do it without blinking. He's one of the few actors who can.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Doesn't he not blink in any of the shots? Or is that some old wive's tale?

He does blink once or twice (and I mean that literally) but the one time I noticed him blink, it was because it was a weird rapid-double-blink thing, so it still looked unnatural.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Tenkaris posted:

It's hilarious watching Mel Gibson fire a gun in Lethal Weapon and comparing the difference. Even just between him and Danny Glover it's pretty remarkable.

This is the wrong thread for it but it's always bothered me how he only fires five times there but puts seven extra holes in the target :v:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Tenkaris posted:

Absolutely drives me nuts. It doesn’t take a lot of shooting before you learn to keep your eyes open.

It’s to the point where an actor who DOESNT blink is like 1 out of 100.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Jackie Chan said in an interview that in takes where he had to shoot a gun he'd fire a couple rounds before they start filming so he was used to the noise.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

One of my favourite shots/sequences in T2 is near the end when Arnie slams the T1000 against a wall, face-first, and he just morphs into facing the other way.

The shot is about 5 seconds and says so much.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
When Andrew Robinson was cast for Dirty Harry he was so inexperienced with guns and hated them so much that he had to get extra training on set just so he could fire one without looking like it terrified him. He's adorable in all ways.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
The ideal way to kill John would just be to spread yourself out so much that you turn into a balloon, and you fly high above the city, and wait for John Connor to go on a bike ride, and then you condense yourself into an anvil and crush him from 500 feet.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

credburn posted:

The ideal way to kill John would just be to spread yourself out so much that you turn into a balloon, and you fly high above the city, and wait for John Connor to go on a bike ride, and then you condense yourself into an anvil and crush him from 500 feet.

unfortunately Skynet didn't have time to upload enough Road Runner cartoons to the T-1000 before sending him back.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

credburn posted:

Sounds great… until an F-22 shoots your rear end down with an AIM-9X Sidewinder.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Sounds great… until an F-22 shoots your rear end down with an AIM-9X Sidewinder.

Yeah that's what we need, aerosolized T-1000.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Crowetron posted:

unfortunately Skynet didn't have time to upload enough Road Runner cartoons to the T-1000 before sending him back.

T-1000 absolutely could have morphed into a fake tunnel on the side of a mountain.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

This is the wrong thread for it but it's always bothered me how he only fires five times there but puts seven extra holes in the target :v:

In the clip you quoted he shoots 7 times.

He also adjusts his grip while pulling the trigger.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

T1000 should have morphed into a glass of water and waited for john to drink him

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The best use of mimic abilities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6EFotzBoY

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

oldpainless posted:

The best use of mimic abilities

I'm still pissed that that show was cancelled in favor of Salvation.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

This is just the video version of this:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Crowetron posted:

This implies that Skynet DID upload some amount of Road Runner cartoons tho and that's cool.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

CainFortea posted:

In the clip you quoted he shoots 7 times.
:aaaaa: Watching it in slow motion one of the shots has no muzzle flash but even taking that into account I have no idea why I always counted 5 and not 6 lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tenkaris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WWzh9A05AQ

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

This is just the video version of this:

I get that this is slapstick, but they beat the poo poo out of their DM.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Good

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Well if they'd beat the piss out of their DM he probably would have enjoyed it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well if they'd beat the piss out of their DM he probably would have enjoyed it

:haw:

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Jackie Chan said in an interview that in takes where he had to shoot a gun he'd fire a couple rounds before they start filming so he was used to the noise.

Honestly, whenever I go to the firing range I jump like Mel the first time I go past the big door and hear a shot. Guns are loud :shrug:

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Cat Hatter posted:

Honestly, whenever I go to the firing range I jump like Mel the first time I go past the big door and hear a shot. Guns are loud :shrug:

I worked at a gun range for like 2 years and I still do this.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
There was *one* episode of Criminal Minds where Hotchner had sustained ear damage by being close to an explosion the week before, and someone fired a gun like three feet from him and he went down in agony from the noise. I'd almost rather they never acknowledged how loud gunfire is than made a big deal of it once.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTKT4_-2Mcg

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Archer has one of its ten zillion running gags by about tinnitus as a result of frequently firing guns in confined spaces.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
*MAWP*

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I love how his mother is exactly like him, obsessed with sex and alcohol, but she couches it in a classier veneer. Like Archer's all screwing any hot girl who'll have him, but his mother has moments like with the bug in downing street where she completely unnecessarily is like "I modeled the breasts after my own... and may I just say they're still a dead ringer."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another T2 moment that stood out to me and will now bother you everytime you watch it, is that the t1000's head is already split in half before he gets shot in the head the first time by Arnold in the elevator scene.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Yeah, don't look for the seams, lest you find them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Stupid Sexy Flanders, always trying to ruin movies for others.