Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

redneck nazgul posted:

grandmas who love to cook and bake are notoriously viciously kind

And I viciously love every one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think everyone should introduce themselves. I repeat what I said earlier, this is just tribalism - in-group and out-group dynamics, intensified by the amount of Posting that is happening rn. It's nothing special, but that doesn't make it any less real.

And the only real way to overcome tribalism is to get to know each other.

I'm hosting a mafia game right now specifically designed to introduce people from different generations to each other, but in the discussion thread it would be really helpful to pretend people don't know you, since many don't!

I think we should say our handles, our first mafia game, a favorite mafia memory, and why we like to play mafia and/or something fun about ourselves.

I'll start.

I'm Ecco. My first mafia game was "Mafia 3" in Spring 2007; I was mafia, and made a huge slip on Day 1 that I was able to talk people around for most of the game, and I only died when the SK got me. (Our team ultimately lost though, rip.)

A favorite mafia memory was when, in a game I ran in 2008, a player became so "Hated" (-1 to execute) that they were executed with only one vote, ending the game in a town victory.

I like mafia because I like deceiving people, or alternatively exposing the deceptions of another. As mafia it's really fun to get people to believe a lie, and as town it's so extraordinarily satisfying to figure out someone is lying to you.

Something fun about me is that the first game I played, I felt so guilty lying to people that I mentioned it to my priest during confession. He looked at me like I was bananas, and I've tried to be guilt-free ever since.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014
Hey, guys, I'm Paranoid Dude, but you can call me either "Para" or "Dude," if you want. Since I'm new here, I use He/Him pronouns, btw.

My first mafia game is [null_value] but I have been passively observing and watching mafia games over the years. Chagrin to participants as it may be, I find the most fun games to read tend to be the ones where scum win. Townie victories usually result from a momentary slip-up, dumb luck, or gimmicks getting in the way.

My favorite mafia memory was reading through Awful Survivor IV. The style that thread was run was insanely high and low effort. It was amazing. Thank you, Stone Cold 64.

My FIRST mafia memory was playing Werewolf at camp as a kid. Pretty drat fun and was stricken as a child that I would never be able to coordinate so many nerds in one place ever again.

I like mafia/werewolf/social deduction games because, honestly, ever since I was a youngster, the concept of a game where the point was to lie and trick people (something generally agreed to be wrong and bad we were told to do by camp counselors?? Heck yeah!!!)

So you know me now hi! Hello!

E: Yes, I know that Awful Survivor isn't mafia... but isn't it though? But isn't it? Hmmm

Paranoid Dude fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 24, 2023

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Ecco how in the hell do you remember your first game

My PMs only date back to 2015. Funnily enough, the first PM is from you telling me to stop playing MOBAs and come play mafia

The stop playing MOBAs was good advice at least :tipshat:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Votefinder.org tells all (in incognito mode)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm Cpig. My first mafia game was "Play and Listen Cyor" in 2013

A favorite mafia memory was when i was a vengeful townie in a game that we were down to the wire with me Kashuno and Samfucious being the only players alive. I was in a masonry with Kashuno and I figured that if I could get kash to vote me i could use the vengeful to win the game.

I asked Kashuno in the masonry to vote me without telling him why and was going to base my judgement on his reaction. He was very hesitant thinking it was trick and acted very townie around it so i was convinced Sam was scum. I eventually convinced kash to vote me and sam quickly followed up with a smug hammer. I used my vengeful ability on sam and he was indeed scum and i won the game for town.

I like to play mafia because this community is full of cool and awesome people and I like all of them and enjoy shitposting with them and hanging out.

Something fun about me is that I enjoy Marmite but am not British.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Figure it couldn't hurt.

My name is salad scooper, aka codexparasols, aka pooperscooper (thanks hambeet). He/him for me.

My first game was Opop's CYOR from back in August, where I played an adorable baby owl and got mis-executed D4 anyway because SA mafia hates cuteness. A favorite game memory is from Stellaris 2, when MSRR was being cased pretty heavily by a few members of the scumteam and proceeded to make a bunch of effortposts linking them all together, earning town MVP (and my admiration) in the span of about 20 minutes.

Why do I like mafia? I live for wacky surprises and socially acceptable manipulative behavior, and mafia has both of them!

Something fun about me is that I sing opera, hopefully for a career, as some of you may know because it's all I ever talk about :v:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

saladscooper posted:

Figure it couldn't hurt.

My name is salad scooper, aka codexparasols, aka pooperscooper (thanks hambeet). He/him for me.

My first game was Opop's CYOR from back in August, where I played an adorable baby owl and got mis-executed D4 anyway because SA mafia hates cuteness. A favorite game memory is from Stellaris 2, when MSRR was being cased pretty heavily by a few members of the scumteam and proceeded to make a bunch of effortposts linking them all together, earning town MVP (and my admiration) in the span of about 20 minutes.

Why do I like mafia? I live for wacky surprises and socially acceptable manipulative behavior, and mafia has both of them!

Something fun about me is that I sing opera, hopefully for a career, as some of you may know because it's all I ever talk about :v:

You can't fool me Salads Cooper. I know your real name.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CapitalistPig posted:

You can't fool me Salads Cooper. I know your real name.

ok i better clear the record, this bloom county comic is what my name is from:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

saladscooper posted:

ok i better clear the record, this bloom county comic is what my name is from:

I know i know , I just think that Salads Cooper is a funny name.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My name is CCKeane

My first mafia game was newbie mafia a while ago, I was immediately voted out day one as town.

I have a lot of good mafia memories, but I'm proud of Final Fantasy 1, where I was a scum aligned team of three, lost my two teammates day one, and pulled off a win by claiming I wasn't town but I was still a good guy day 2. I rode that to the end of the game.

As town, I like looking for inconsistencies and tripping people up. As mafia, I like trying to cover my tracks as well as possible.

My fun fact is that I play a lot of dodgeball and played in an international tournament once.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Okay, here goes:

I'm Cloacamazing! (the exclamation point is very important), usually called Cloaca or Clo. She/her. My first mafia game was Videogame mafia where I successfully managed to defend a lurking scum, got named the towniest person by someone who flipped scum right after and was summarily eliminated D3 after the cop investigated me, saw I was town and hammered me because they were certain I had to be a Godfather. Good game, that. I have several great mafia memories, but my favorite would be Multiverse of Mafness, where my scummate binus vigged me D1 for towncred, then got nightkilled by the second mafia team for being too town.

What I like about playing mafia is that when the game's over, no matter if we've won or lost, we can look back on it, see the full story and laugh about what happened.

As for fun facts:

I may have a slight obsession with baby seals.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I'm HCT. My first mafia game was videogames mafia, which was run by Shell and Maerlyn as an attempt to get new people into the game - it worked. My favorite moment was from a CYOA game Opopanax ran, Multiverse of Mafness, where I ended up on a two-player serial killer team with Bifauxnen - that game featured things like scum vigging scum D1 causing them to appear so towny we (the SKs) promptly NK'd that player N1, followed by the last remaining scum getting voted out D2 and us (the SKs, again) spending the rest of the game wondering where the gently caress the last scum was. Turns out it was Sandwolf! But he didn't know it. Because he was a traitor and ascended to an empty scumchat on D4... only to be NK'd N4 (by us) for being too obviously towny. What I like about mafia is solving the puzzle and figuring out what's going on behind the scenes. A fun thing about me... I make videogames for a living, you might have played some of them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I make videogames for a living, you might have played some of them.

:monocle:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m taste, tremta, Jonathan Fisk, etc

My first game was DBD’s Colors Mafia where I replaced in and immediately refused to conform to meta. My game has never evolved.

I have played far too many games of mafia, and yet I’m still not even top 5. It would be impossible to pick out a single moment but it’s really cool that I’ve been in the picture for many others’ favorite moments. Some favorite games of mine have been run by ecco, wins, little mac, somberbrero, and me 🏆, among others.

I really like to lie and pick out lies but my favorite aspects of mafia are wacky roles and setups.

I like a lot of things

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

EccoRaven posted:

I think we should say our handles, our first mafia game, a favorite mafia memory, and why we like to play mafia and/or something fun about ourselves.

This is the first thing anyone has posted that has made me genuinely uncomfortable.

This isn’t an awkward work ice-breaker, I’m not posting any of that poo poo, I’m perfectly fine with playing mafia with people who don’t know the real me.

If that means I don’t get to be part of the gang, that’s fine, I’ve never felt like part of the vet crew and I am too old to be a newbie hugging sharing type, I’ll just remain standoffish and British.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

EccoRaven posted:

okay this is cute

hello! I am death cob for cutie, but most players know me as epsilon. I identify as nonbinary, you can use "he" or "they" in reference to me.

my first mafia game was Beard Mafia! it was a cute lil intro to mafia

I have a lot of good mafia memories, primarily some of the wilder games I've run, but I think my favorite is a scumdoc that Somberbrero was in - I don't remember how it got to this, but I asked him to list his favorite bodies of water. One of the ones that made his list was moats, and I'll always remember the phrase "try drowning a knight anywhere else, then get back to me".

I like to play mafia because it's an interesting little intellectual exercise, especially closed setups or interesting ones. I've run a few games that have had some really interesting setups/outcomes and I really like variety in games! I don't play super often because it seems like every time I join a game my life goes to hell somehow, but it's nice to be part of a community.

Fun facts about me:
- I've won exactly one game of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
- idk if I can call myself a "bass player" anymore as I haven't touched mine in like two years now
- I am a Python programmer

Scientastic posted:

This is the first thing anyone has posted that has made me genuinely uncomfortable.

This isn’t an awkward work ice-breaker, I’m not posting any of that poo poo, I’m perfectly fine with playing mafia with people who don’t know the real me.

If that means I don’t get to be part of the gang, that’s fine, I’ve never felt like part of the vet crew and I am too old to be a newbie hugging sharing type, I’ll just remain standoffish and British.

it's not that serious, nobody's going to exile you for not participating in the dumb icebreaker

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

t a s t e posted:

Votefinder.org tells all (in incognito mode)

My first game was before votefinder!

I'm wins32767. I honestly don't remember my first game, I think it was an ecco game? Maybe? Something with poison I think.

My favorite mafia memory as a player was as scum in mass effect mafia run by highwire and busb (I think). It was my first big game and first game as scum and we played fantastically well as a scum team. I think we had a flawless win, but I'm not 100% sure. My favorite game as a mod was Able Archer. One of the players was in the US State Department and I'd done such a good job with the flavor that they didn't feel comfortable playing at work because my fake top secret cables were authentic enough that it might possibly get them investigated.

For something fun about myself, one of my prior jobs was working on software to run drug trials more quickly and doing some back of the envelope math, my personal contributions in accelerating trial times for the vaccines ended up being worth about 100 lives saved from COVID.

wins32767 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 24, 2023

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Scientastic posted:

You'll always be part of my crew!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Scientastic posted:

Please don't feel like you're forced to do that. I think Ecco just wanted to move all the posting energy to something less volatile. If you don't want to do an intro post, that's completely fine and as far as I'm concerned you can consider yourself part of any gang you want to be part of, and if you want to form a gang of standoffish British people that consists of only you, that's cool too.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I am not very comfortable posting about myself, but in the spirit of bridging gaps:

I'm MSRR, or Re-Reg, or now also M2RR apparently. I thought forums mafia was the dumbest thing for years until I actually played a game, then it 'clicked'. You can blame Shell/Maer for inflicting me on all of you with their last newbie game in the VG forum. I am a dour jackass who hates fun. My favorite memory was earning my avatar.

Beyond that.... meet me in game. :c00lbert:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Scientastic posted:

this poster is Scientastic, their first ecco game was The Monsters of Messina in 2010. Their favorite mafia memory was probably when they made a great case that one time, you know the one. They play mafia because they like to be mysterious so it was an easy translation.

You're welcome.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I remember Scientastic for being a good player, a hell of a chili cook, and dropping that one bomb on the guy who thought you needed an instant soup packet to make chili.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Say the line, Scientastic!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

redneck nazgul posted:

a hell of a chili cook, and dropping that one bomb on the guy who thought you needed an instant soup packet to make chili.

Sci has repeatedly chumped everyone in all cookfias

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hi, I'm Jen X, feel free to call me Jen or JX or Jen X or something else, I won't be mad regardless. I went by Gene X for a while then changed my name in part because people thinking my name was Eugene was very weird. I'm a girl, so she/her, but I don't overly care if you use other pronouns instead.

My first game was on skype with friends back in 2010, and on forums it was some newbie mafia in 2011 on the MSPA (read: Homestuck) forums that I ended up winning flawlessly for scum, apparently by being intelligent sounding. On SA it was birdstrike's Mafia Gear Solid back in late 2017, and I frankly don't remember how it went.

My favorite mafia memory is the time back in 2012 where I quoted every single post in the game up to that point and responded to every single one, then it didn't matter because even though I figured things out at the end, the mod had apparently decided it would be funny if the game kept going despite scum having parity with the vote. On SA, it's probably the time Nat 20 and I tried to deathbus one another with competing flavor in cpig's FFVII mafia, as the only 2 on our team after DB died D1, and we somehow both survived (and then lost afterwards anyways.)

I like mafia because I like acting, I like joking around, and I like trying to solve logic puzzles. I like running games because I can do wild things with the setup and get real time testing of my ideas before everyone yells at me later.

Something fun about me is that I did plant genetics research in high school with university backing, then did entirely unrelated research in college, and do again unrelated research now. Something actually fun about me is that there are multiple discord servers where "Jen is typing..." is, I'm told, the scariest thing around. Something less stupid but still fun is that I'm a huge fan of older sci-fi.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 24, 2023

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

redneck nazgul posted:

I hate the old me. Can I say that?

Seriously. I went through an old game of mine and I wanted to report me for abuse. I'm sorry to everyone who had to endure that.

The old betrayer was funny to me but yes, we are all cringe in the past, some of us *tugs on collar* more than others. It's fine! It's....fine? Right? ..............guys?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I first played mafia on SA in 2008 or 2009, and was terrible at it, but even more terribly I tried to run a couple games which were awful with awful mechanics.

Many years and a new account later, I came back for Video Games mafia where I was...vanilla? I think? It was a fun time! I enjoyed it.

Probably my best time as mafia recently has been a run of a couple good scum games because I find it very easy to lie convincingly. I prefer being scum to being town, significantly, because I'm a lot better at lying than I am scumhunting. I try not to rely on meta arguments too much because I remember how obnoxious I found it when I was first starting.

A fun thing about me is that I'm pretty sure having schizoaffective disorder makes me better at mafia because I sometimes forget which side I'm on, and I'm not joking :v:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hi. I'm redneck nazgul, formerly The Betrayer. I used to be an rear end in a top hat. I still am, but I used to too.

My first Mafia game was circa 2006, where I singlehandedly condemned the town with a misvote, setting me on the course to be the worst town player ever. After that came several years of overly aggro posting and dumb gimmicks that ruined games for people, eventually becoming a common policy vote, before just dropping out of the community altogether for a while. Now with the benefit of a decade of life experience, being married for seven of those years, I can confidently say that past me was terrible and I apologize for my behavior.

My finest Mafia moment was during an actual RL meetup, I convinced another player to vote out his then girlfriend instead of me in the endgame. I will not apologize for this.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm kumba (/kumbamontu/Moundgarden)! i haven't played in a few years but having read through all 600+ posts in here recently it's given me the itch so you might see me signup again soon :ninja:

my first game was Opop's Canadians 3000 in 2013, which i signed up for immediately after having lurked Ecco's game A Fracas in Caracas that took place in GBS

my favorite mafia memory is getting merk to vote with me and execute the wrong person when it was down to 3, securing victory for scum in bowmore's The Werewolves of Half Moon's Hollow

i enjoyed mafia because i've always been a big fan of puzzles and i used to play werewolf with my extended family as a kid so PBP mafia was a natural progression. i also really love writing puzzles and so modding games and coming up with setups became even more fun than actually playing

something fun about me: i am an avid cook and gardener, and the wife and i built a bunch of raised beds last year to grow foods that we are hopefully expanding here soon now that the last freeze has happened!

it's wild to me that my first mafia game was officially 10 years ago. it's great to see the community is still here and has more or less come together as a very positive space!!!

you will see more of me soon. not a threat. a promise,

kumba fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 24, 2023

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh we're writing up intro posts. Sure.

I'm Diqnol, Guiseppe Pizzapie, Spiros, ASAPRockySituation, Cheap Trick Souvenirs and probably a couple more

I started posting in Mafia shortly after joining SA, 2011 I believe? I subbed into a Golden Zucchini game about final fantasy, played decently well as scum, and then the rest is history. My first maf friends were Auryn, Juanito, Opop, and Hal, all of whom "as a joke" referred to me as Diqsol because it made me grumpy.

Read below spoilered text only if you're ok listening to me trauma dump a bit but I feel it is important to share so you can understand why I love this community. I understand some of you might be uncomfortable reading it, so it will only be there if you want it to be.

I used to be a hyper active poster and also an abrasive one. I was playing at a time where I had dropped out of college to work any job I could to keep a roof over the heads of my brother and I, the former going to college to become a developer (that worked out well btw!). That roof, however, was a collapsing home with holes in the floor, a caved in ceiling, no heat, and at times when I was truly poor, no power. I don't remember how much I clued you guys in on that, but it was [i[bad[/i]. Oh, and this is after my mother bled to death in my arms from a diyalisis stent, so that happened too.

It was, bar none, the hardest time of my life. Mafia helped me get through it and taught me some valuable lessons about people. I poured all of my energy when I wasn't working into this and video games, and unlike the latter this one rewarded me with a lovely community and a lot of life lessons that helped me become successful. These days I'm making a comfortable living and without a college degree and a HUGE HUGE part of that was my ability to sell myself and to convince others that my goals were goals that they also shared by circumstance, look at that.

My favorite mafia games were probably a.) the giant Warhammer game where TNL was a scum roleblocker that could kill at night at the same time. I ended up furiously fighting with another town member, Power of Pecota, and it was real nasty but in hindsight funny as hell. b.) the game busb ran relating to Dune where I got to be the house leader, Baron Harkonnen. I got to make a theme song and do a lot of crazy fun stuff and I wish I could do it again. Honorable mention to hip hopfia where I made a loving rap about weed that was funny as hell years later when I wanted a good cringe.

A series of fun things about me are that I'm a really good CSGO player, I was an all nationals baritone in high school and made a ton of money singing in a barbershop quartet as a lad, and I am a loving idiot that you can easily troll.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

:glomp:

missing playing CSGO with y'all but my reflexes just aren't what they used to be anymore. what u think about the CS2 announcement?? those new smokes look fire

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m really happy to hear that things are going well diq

I had no idea but you’ve always been one of my favorites so I’m really glad to see you again

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hello, I am Jose. My first Mafia game was Mafia 1 :corsair: I was the MVP of the game because I figured out who the cop was and nked them leading to a flawless scum victory.

My favorite Mafia memory is The Good Place Mafia from a couple years ago. It was a really fun game, I was scum and my teammates all ended up getting voted out or killed in the first few days leaving me alone with the rest of the town. I stayed alive all the way down to 3 and in the end I snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. It was my best scum performance ever, but that's not my favorite memory of the game. My favorite memory is this:

Hal Insandenza posted:

Oh if we are flavor claiming too I am Matt the weird sex-things accountant

Tom Tucker posted:

I don't see why flavor claims are important but I am Shawn.

Hal Insandenza posted:

##shoot Tom Tucker

Spoonsy posted:

"...and I'm Shawn, Dirtbags."

BANG

A shot rang out. You'd heard that noise before. Back when a different stranger pulled a pistol and shot poor Mr. Steak dead to rights.

Only this time, Hal was wielding the weapon.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE CONCEPT OF DAMNATION DOES TO PEOPLE WHEN IT COMES TO THEM FORKING?... forking... fork..Ah drat, the bench of a filter is on in these Good Place neighborhoods.

Do you know what the concept of pain and torture does to the average human mind when it comes to immorality? It makes them try things that are so immoral that they just keep trying and trying and doing and doing. And I'm not talking about spreading pain and suffering, I mean pleasure. Do you know how many weird sex things humans do? Do you?

I do. I do because I count them. And for every new piece of progress humans make? They make an infinite number of new weird sex things. And I count them. Why?

Because they are there. Because beings like Shawn enabled them. And Janets enforced them. And idiots like Jason just wouldn't shut up about them for gods sake be quiet. So they must pay. Why?

For I am Matt, the Weird Sex Things Accountant."

And with that, Matt holstered his pistol, called for a train, and departed.

Tom Tucker, Shawn the Demon, Doctor, has been shot on Day 5

Hal Incandenza, Matt, The Weird Sex Things Accountant (Gambler/Back-Up, Bounty-Hunter aligned), has completed his objective and won the game for the Bounty Hunter Team (Amnistar, Hal)

Day 5 Continues

A fun fact about me is that I speedrun old JRPGs, and I have the WR in Final Fantasy 5 Any% (and top 10 in Chrono Trigger that I'll be trying to push lower).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EccoRaven posted:

I think we should say our handles, our first mafia game,

i am being attacked for having bad memory

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jose Valasquez posted:

A fun fact about me is that I speedrun old JRPGs, and I have the WR in Final Fantasy 5 Any% (and top 10 in Chrono Trigger that I'll be trying to push lower).

Yo this is rad. I watch a lot of retro speedrun content. I had no idea.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay now that I've finished opening Last Nights of Camelot, I can actually do this. Ecco why did you do this when I couldn't respond right away. ECCOOOOO

Anyway, I'm Sven aka Monathin aka Mona. He/They. My first game was, according to votefinder, Clash on Monster Island, but I will usually cite my first real game as Shine V. I wasn't very good!

My favorite Mafia memory is hard to pinpoint, a lot of them are very early on. I think the one that sticks with me the most is Dragon Ball Z Mafia 2, where I was Tien and had a dayvig, and blew up a town confirmed mason with my first use of it, and then beat the buzzer on someone attempting to vig me with it on my second use. That was a fun time. Alternatively it was Clash of Crocodiles where I nearly won as 3rd party and were it not for merk's blinding hatred of 3Ps I might have even fully gotten away with it.

I like playing (and occasionally running) mafia because as a social deduction game, it both plays with some boundaries while allowing some rigid guardrails for others and has allowed me to grow as a person despite being a hyper-invested aggro little poo poo in a lot of games in that middle stretch. I also like futzing with new roles and finding ways to make setups balanced that are fun and engaging!

If you read that and thought "wow that sounds like some QA Tester Nerd poo poo", congratulations! Your fun fact about me is in fact I am a QA Tester for an indie game studio. I get paid a respectable salary despite being a college dropout. I've also travelled a lot in an RV, been a box worker, know a lot about various Japanese Nerd Hobbies, and there's probably other stuff I'm forgetting that might be interesting about me.

Anyway, Mafia good.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

redneck nazgul posted:

Hi. I'm redneck nazgul, formerly The Betrayer. I used to be an rear end in a top hat. I still am, but I used to too.

My first Mafia game was circa 2006, where I singlehandedly condemned the town with a misvote, setting me on the course to be the worst town player ever. After that came several years of overly aggro posting and dumb gimmicks that ruined games for people, eventually becoming a common policy vote, before just dropping out of the community altogether for a while. Now with the benefit of a decade of life experience, being married for seven of those years, I can confidently say that past me was terrible and I apologize for my behavior.

My finest Mafia moment was during an actual RL meetup, I convinced another player to vote out his then girlfriend instead of me in the endgame. I will not apologize for this.

I believe we met in real life my man

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Monathin posted:

My first game was, according to votefinder, Clash on Monster Island,

I ran this! 8 dollars did the flavor.

I really enjoyed working with 8 bux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Jose Valasquez posted:

wait when did you actually get the WR?