Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Idk if this is a thing or just where I live but whenever you hear an ad for a bar on the radio or whatever they all say poo poo like “come to McPaddy’s, where we have the coldest beers on tap!”

Who hears that and gets stoked to go there? Are there people out there who think other bars don’t have a fridge/freezer or something? Is that all they care about, not what the beer is, just that it’s loving cold as poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

I.N.R.I posted:

Bring me the cold deer. I want to watch it expire, due to bitcoin.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

If you make bad beer really cold it just tastes like cold, instead of bad, so you can get drunk on the cheap

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Well, if the beer being served to me isn't the coldest in town, I must be getting shorted or ripped off somehow.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They actually mean the beers are mean as poo poo OP.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
It sounds like the type of advertisement aimed at pre-refridgeration rurals, like from the first part of the twentieth century when not every place had proper refrigeration or an icebox

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
It makes it more "refreshing".

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

You're as cold as beer
You're willing to besmear

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
How about

"FREE BEER TOMORROW"

XD

.random
May 7, 2007

Diabetes insipidus (not related to ye olde regular diabetes (mellitus)) is associated with being thirsty all the time and strongly preferring cold liquids.

Maybe they’re looking to appeal to this particular demographic.

(But yes, also when something is colder, you taste it less, so bad beer is more palatable… and as we all know the purpose of drinking beer isn’t to enjoy the taste but just to GET DRUNK WHOOOO)

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

Nooner posted:

How about

"FREE BEER TOMORROW"

XD

drat

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

You're as cold as beer
You're willing to besmear

rap battle thread is over there

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
They do it to mock your autism.

Edit: I immediately take that back I was just trying to be a smartass

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the wettest water

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

our claim to fame here is our moist hands

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

>>>W I Z A R D M A S T E R<<<*

*half off

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
there is little else to distinguish most bars from one another, except whether they serve bud or miller and the size of the homely bartenders breasts (male/female)

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
it increases the drinkability, which beer ads have led me to believe is an important thing I should care about

I'm drinking room temp fiddlehead while I boil maple, this is are country (vermont)

STABASS posted:

there is little else to distinguish most bars from one another, except whether they serve bud or miller and the size of the homely bartenders breasts (male/female)

guessing you've never been to a bar that has: an assortment of reasonably priced beers, an assortment of based games of some kind (skeeball, arcade, whatever) and most importantly has a courtyard/patio/other which gets a visit from a mexican food truck on a nightly basis

these are the best bars afaict

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

If they served warm beer people might think they are British hth op

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

beer, earl gray, hot

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well its better than advertising that they have the HOTTEST possible beer, right?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Cabbages and Kings posted:

beer, earl gray, hot

zone
Dec 6, 2016

beer, earl gray, hot

:laffo:

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Vietnamwees posted:

Well its better than advertising that they have the HOTTEST possible beer, right?

"served at 211.9F" would, minimally, get my attention

e: also all the booze would be gone at that temp :lol:
:goonsay:

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Cabbages & Kings Bar: WE HEAT ALL OUR BEER TO 211.9, RECAPTURING THE ALCOHOL IN A STILL AND THEN BUBBLING VAPORIZED ETHANOL THROUGH YOUR SCALDING HOT DRINK!! COME ON DOWN TO FLAVOR TOWN

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Warm beer Wizard Master.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
You can't ban the British, but you can deter the British.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

My motel room had both air conditioning and color tv.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
*Jon Taffer enters the chat*

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

beer, earl gray, hot

I once drank an Earl Grey IPA warmed by Patrick Stewart’s body heat as it ran like liquid gold over his bald head

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
There was a bar around here that had igloo coolers with ice behind the bar till about 2015. They did not have the coldest beers in town.

Haverchuck posted:

It sounds like the type of advertisement aimed at pre-refridgeration rurals, like from the first part of the twentieth century when not every place had proper refrigeration or an icebox

Yeah, just ingrained now since whoever it was started refrigerating train cars to ship their beer across country because bars were serving it warm and making it taste worse.

Roll up windows, rewind video, hang up the phone, coldest beers.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

free hubcaps posted:

Amusingly, cheap beer in Britain is often served from a novelty beer tap that has a visible layer of frost, so you can visualize how cold your beer will be.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

.random posted:

Diabetes insipidus (not related to ye olde regular diabetes (mellitus)) is associated with being thirsty all the time and strongly preferring cold liquids.

Maybe they’re looking to appeal to this particular demographic.

(But yes, also when something is colder, you taste it less, so bad beer is more palatable… and as we all know the purpose of drinking beer isn’t to enjoy the taste but just to GET DRUNK WHOOOO)

I hate Harry Potter and his nonsense spells

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wheat on tap with pulp. Refresh like chilly willy.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
my local bar's claim to fame is having the most glory holes per sq ft in the tri state area. I'll be sure to snap a pic next time I'm "in there"

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
if the rockies are blue what the cop said is true

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STABASS posted:

my local bar's claim to fame is having the most glory holes per sq ft in the tri state area. I'll be sure to snap a pic next time I'm "in there"

We don't need a selfie.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I keep hearing ads about not only the coldest beer on tap, but the coldest beer mugs also. Like "our mugs have been super chilled to the point where even picking one up will cause immediate frost burn requiring medical attention ohhhh yeeeeeaaaah."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I suspect that the 'coldest' is a selling point for people who enjoy a cold beer after a hot day at work. A crisp cold beer can be quite refreshing on a hot day.