Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Holy poo poo, that sprint was intense yesterday. From a spectator perspective, good move. From a rider perspective, yikes.

And I'm surprised to learn that the Marc/Oliveira crash wasn't due to a damaged front brake from his first tangle with Jorge Martin. It looked like he went into that corner with almost no braking. Wild.

Wild weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Marc maybe that was an honest accident but it makes you look like a reckless jackass nonetheless.

It's too bad Aleix blew a corner at the end, he was having a nice little comeback after a bad start.

The Ducatis are going to be a handful this year huh?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the sprint race is going to be such a meat grinder but at least the racing was good

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Now that we have a team officially sponsored by crypto I'm going to mangle a phrase:

Portimao podiums are not an indicator of future results

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Good day for both bin men, Binales and Binder.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FBS posted:

Marc maybe that was an honest accident but it makes you look like a reckless jackass nonetheless.

Is it me or does it seem like the risk taking aggressiveness he was famous for just isn't working out for him anymore? It seemed like he would always get away with crazy ill advised moves before and now his reflexes are slower or he's second guessing too late or something, like a star football player losing a step.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jonas Folger in for Pol from Texas to ??? when Pol is fit to ride again.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad for Folger that's a cool story.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That was a great sprint, can’t believe morbidelli held on for 4th. And Binder rocketing to the front was amazing.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I liked Alex’s bonehead maneuver in Q1 that set his bike on fire.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
BINNNDDDEEERRRRRRR!!

Happy for Bez and Franky too

That rear shot of the left-hander where they’re turning the rear tyre into smoke at 900000kmh is nuts

This sprint thing seems to be doing alright eh?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Its great for binder and all and that was a great start today, but I kinda wish the commentators and journalists would stop saying he's some sort of GOAT in waiting every time he eats poo poo in qualifying and then rides through the field up to where the bike reasonably should be.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I’m just so stoked for Fanky. May have teared up a little.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Impressive ride from morbidelli

Fantastic ride from Alex, he was clearly able to run alternative lines to the other Ducatis for whatever reason, he made loads of mistakes but still clowned on bagnaia like a boss

Binales back in the bin

Grim looking season for el dildo

If Alex can marry his newfound moxy to his traditional strength of tyre conservation he might be a dark horse

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

Its great for binder and all and that was a great start today, but I kinda wish the commentators and journalists would stop saying he's some sort of GOAT in waiting every time he eats poo poo in qualifying and then rides through the field up to where the bike reasonably should be.

Motomatters gets it:

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Deeters posted:

Motomatters gets it:

Maybe its an XOR situation given his position in Sundays race this weekend.

That last pass by Zarco on Marquez was amazing, i was sure he was going to wipe out but he made it stick.

edit: Race direction has been noticably better this season. Actually showing the scraps down in the pack instead of endless footage of the race leader/podium parade

echomadman fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 2, 2023

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thoughts from the weekend:

I think Bez has always kinda been criminally underrated, he was pretty anonymous in Moto2 but he pulled some quite impressive results in Moto3 despite being on the wrong bike.

Next person who acts like Vinales has finally figured it out after he has posted one good result should be fired by canon into the sun. This includes Vinales himself.

I still think the KTM is trash, I'm guessing the results fall off a cliff once we start hitting some normal tracks.

Mir should've talked to Jorge Lorenzo before signing with Repsol Honda.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Deeters posted:

Motomatters gets it:

'Twas ever thus for the Brothers Binder. Hell of a comeback for Zarco.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Brad Binder and Jack Miller on the same team just makes me happy. Digging the huge beard Miller has on the rider preview graphics.

Last year Bezzecchi had some stand out races, only a matter of time and he did it. I was impressed with him last year, he's gonna shake it up.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

I still think the KTM is trash, I'm guessing the results fall off a cliff once we start hitting some normal tracks.

Yeah. Both binmen in the bin this time around.

Was really pleased but frustrated at the potential morbi podium tease

The lesser Marquez impressing again

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Bold predictions is I want to see the other Marquez win in texASS. Fabio looked decent today too.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Russian Bear posted:

Bold predictions is I want to see the other Marquez win in texASS. Fabio looked decent today too.

I want an Alex to win, either will do

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I want an Alex to win, either will do

A podium of Alex Alex Aleix

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Nice one Rins!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Marquez the lesser got exactly what he deserved for being a dumb poo poo in qualifying

Good ride from Martin too

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Bit of a boring sprint but they all can’t be wacky I guess.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Russian Bear posted:

Agreed - also equally grateful we didn't end up losing yet another rider before Sunday.

Always great to have another signature Aleix performance of fading yet again...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Finally able to watch the drat races live lol. Haha classic Moto3 insanity, Ortolá with the comeback du jour.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Russian Bear posted:

COTA GP races are usually dull, even thte sprint cant completely cure that it seems.
Moto3 is always the best show there.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Fun showdown for Moto2 as well, nice podium for Bo

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Russian Bear posted:

A podium of Alex Alex Aleix
:welp:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

"a monumental cock-up" lol

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

I like to think of it as a sort of Highlander situation

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Woot Rins!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Enea can't come back soon enough, loving hell Bagnaia

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Starting to like this Rins fellow.

Look I’m sure the Bag man is a fine fellow, but I love to watch him crash out of the lead.

KTM: ready to crash

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Really thought Aprilia had sussed this out, but apparently not?

https://twitter.com/denkmit/status/1647705541865603075

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Russian Bear posted:

Look I’m sure the Bag man is a fine fellow, but I love to watch him crash out of the lead.

:same:

Someone asked what the minimum tyre pressure rules would do and this race is a good demonstration

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Someone asked what the minimum tyre pressure rules would do and this race is a good demonstration

:sickos:

Can’t wait until it becomes a smart idea to take a couple pieces of aero off to manage tire pressures better.

Nice work by Rins to manage it. The Mooney boys are also pretty impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Hopefully after Jerez they revise that rule. First 3 races are the test period.