Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Finally caught a Thundurus and can get that stupid photo quest finished. It was shiny too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You should be able to just smack your Pokeballs against the wall while nobody is looking so you can use a max revive instead of a max potion.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

Finally caught a Thundurus and can get that stupid photo quest finished. It was shiny too!

Same (minus shiny)

Now if only I could get rid of this Halloween research before next Halloween

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Is there any good writeup people are aware of for how the daily cap for candy from walking actually works and how to plan around it? I've only turned up really vague poo poo in my search so far. I understand it's supposed to be something like a rolling cap of 40km of candy per 24 hours. Generally if I aim for getting 2 20km candies every other day I never have problems. But I'd like to be more aggressive if possible.

Example: Yesterday I got a 20km candy at about 10AM, another at about 1:30PM, then today another at about 4PM, then I triggered what should have been another at 7PM and didn't get candy. But shouldn't I have had 20km of candy available to receive at that point?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

HootTheOwl posted:

A rare candy bestows no EVs, and in older games your EVs were applied at level-up.
So if you Rare-candied to 100 you'd have no EV bonus (which, again were unlimited in gen 1) and you could rare candy to 100 because of the missingo glitch.

EVs we're still calculated when placed in the box, even at level 100. Dugtrio got special status I'm gen 1 because crits were tied to the speed stat. Persian was another carrier due to high speed and access to slash.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Where are all the dang ole dittos!? :psyboom:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Hobo Clown posted:

sick!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Just downloaded the app. What do I do on the Google form to make sure I “get a goomy”?

Should I be using one of these friend codes as a referral code when I sign up?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Where are all the dang ole dittos!? :psyboom:

They are actually kinda everywhere right now, just keep catching stuff!!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Chinook posted:

Just downloaded the app. What do I do on the Google form to make sure I “get a goomy”?

Should I be using one of these friend codes as a referral code when I sign up?

Add your friend code and info to the sheet, and also join the Discord in the OP to ask people to add you!

A referral code gets you and another player a few bonuses when starting out, and when you hit certain milestones while playing. You can enter one up to 72 hours after creating a new account, so you don't need one immediately when starting the game.

https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/6-pokemon-go/faq/2875-referring-friends-and-referral-bonuses/

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
caught a shiny shadow Magnemite from a Rocket fight

seeing that I don’t care about PvP at all and really I just care what looks better in gyms, should I purify it or evolve it as is?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Even if you don't care about pvp, shadows outperform the normal version in raids and magnezone is a pretty ok electric attacker. From a gym showoff angle it's probably subjective depending on what aura you like, but I think the shadow one and red eyes are more noticeable. Personally I wouldn't purify it

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I don't have the kind of stardust to level a bunch of unpurifieds!

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
If you put a purified shiny on a gym, the only thing that you are showing off is "I'm an idiot!" :v:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Julio Cruz posted:

seeing that I don’t care about PvP at all and really I just care what looks better in gyms, should I purify it or evolve it as is?

shadow magneton looks cooler on top of a gym than a zone

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Julio Cruz posted:

If you only care about aesthetics, don't purify or power it up.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I GET IT YOU WANT ME TO FIGHT TEAM ROCKET

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
It's double stardust, why aren't you fighting them!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

If you only care about aesthetics, don't purify or power it up.

And if you want to use a magnemite, magneton or a magnezone for gym defense, doubly don't bother powering them up. They're all steel type, which is weak to fighting, which means they're they're useless for gym defense. Anybody who uses a specific gym fighting team uses strong fighting type pokemon (shadow machamp, lucario, conkeldurr, terrakion), because the tankiest gym defenders are blissey and chansey, which are also weak to fighting.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

~Coxy posted:

It's double stardust, why aren't you fighting them!

Oh I did, just thought it was hilarious to load up and immediately be surrounded on all sides.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I haven't really bought a remote raid pass in forever because of them just straight up not being available unless you buy them.

But what if I didn't buy them... for twice the price, but only up to 5 times a day.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/remote-raid-passes-update-2023

But research breakthroughs will now have a chance to reward them, so I guess that's kinda ok? I'm deffo not giving htem any money.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm weirdly kind of grateful, this is as good an excuse as any for me to taper off playing this very bad game

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I think that's the last straw for me too. Just the latest middle finger to anyone who doesn't live in big urban areas. Raid passes were the only way I have been able to interact with that content of the game effectively, and it was already stupid to have to pay a dollar for each raid with just a chance to catch.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Niantic are so loving stupid lmao

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"Too many people are using them so we're making them more expensive in order to help with the longevity of the game" :psyduck: what?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

quote:

These changes are designed to rebalance the game

:lmao: in what direction?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"We don't want you to be paying us steadily for raids. That money is stinky, we want different money."

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Ha I was considering buying some incubators to clear my 10/12k egg backlog during next week's half hatch distance but not sure I want to give them any more money now. Just absolute boneheads.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Opopanax posted:

"Too many people are using them so we're making them more expensive in order to help with the longevity of the game" :psyduck: what?

They're just wanting to raise their price. That's it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Finally they're making spoofing more viable. About time our suffering ends

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mastershakeman posted:

Finally they're making spoofing more viable. About time our suffering ends

P go sharp is already out there

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HootTheOwl posted:

P go sharp is already out there

Yep Im using it and was just joking. Spoofers can raid super easily and now are at even more of an advantage

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

I haven't really bought a remote raid pass in forever because of them just straight up not being available unless you buy them.

But what if I didn't buy them... for twice the price, but only up to 5 times a day.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/remote-raid-passes-update-2023

But research breakthroughs will now have a chance to reward them, so I guess that's kinda ok? I'm deffo not giving htem any money.

:ughh:

I mean, I'm also happy they're gonna be added to the research breakthrough pool. But holy poo poo, Niantic. It always feels like two steps forward, a billion steps back with this company.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

DizzyBum posted:

:ughh:

I mean, I'm also happy they're gonna be added to the research breakthrough pool. But holy poo poo, Niantic. It always feels like two steps forward, a billion steps back with this company.
I’d wait to see the drop rate before getting too excited.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I'll probably always forget to make sure I'm not at the 3 pass limit before tapping the research breakthrough.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dik Hz posted:

I’d wait to see the drop rate before getting too excited.

Oh believe me, I am nowhere near "excited" for this change.

I really try not to poo poo on Niantic for every dumb decision they make, and I'm pretty tolerant, but from the player's perspective this is just a net negative. If they want to get people out and moving for whatever reasons (financial or otherwise), fine, but don't kneecap a beloved feature to try to make it happen.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 31, 2023

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
they want our info more than they want our money because one of them can be sold for a lot more.

poo poo, if they wanted to make people get out more but still play and spend money, they would make non-remote raids with higher shiny chances or guaranteed xl candy and keep remotes as they are.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

they want our info more than they want our money because one of them can be sold for a lot more.

poo poo, if they wanted to make people get out more but still play and spend money, they would make non-remote raids with higher shiny chances or guaranteed xl candy and keep remotes as they are.

Remember when you had to walk a certain distance to "charge up" a round of PvP battles? Feels like they were trying to get data that way but then realized nobody wanted to do that poo poo, so they relented.

If they want that precious data, make us do other poo poo for the remote raids. I'm totally fine with getting in some steps or doing some quests with a remote raid pass at the end as a reward.

Also, and I keep loving saying this... they should make the free daily pass remote-enabled. They want data? You have to travel to a gym to spin it and get your pass anyway!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm surprised they haven't pulled the rocket balloons out yet. Probably forgot about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Like with when they tried to reduce the spin range of stops to before the pandemic, I think they'll relent on some things due to the negative pushback. I'm perfectly fine with some aspects, limiting the number of raids you can do per day and increasing rewards from in person raids. But a nearly double price increase on top of that? And only five raids a day? That's completely loving stupid to do all at once, they're mad.