Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

blight rhino posted:

Wow. it's been 20 years. I haven't owned a pet, since.

Sorry for being a downer, and all y'all's pets are beautiful creeatures.

I miss Jack and I loved him dearly. It's exactly the reason why I will never keep a dog again. He really was my best friend, at a time when I was going through really difficult poo poo.

I will never forgive my dad for shooting him. He wasn't even unhealthy or dangerous - it just happened that there was a foot and mouth outbreak here in the early 2000s, I live rurally and dad wasn't taking any risks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
This is The Monster

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

We have a cat that I like to put a Lil flannel on sometimes

Mac the cat!

You ever watch Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts?

Everyone has very beautiful friends :kimchi:

This is Wumbus, she is a garbage gremlin.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Valko posted:

I miss Jack and I loved him dearly. It's exactly the reason why I will never keep a dog again. He really was my best friend, at a time when I was going through really difficult poo poo.

I will never forgive my dad for shooting him. He wasn't even unhealthy or dangerous - it just happened that there was a foot and mouth outbreak here in the early 2000s, I live rurally and dad wasn't taking any risks.

:wtf: this is what I get for not checking the third page

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Code Jockey posted:

Chloe got a toy from a goon friend today

I love Chloe so very much

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Valko posted:

hey uh shut the gently caress up in my thread about seeing peoples pets idiot

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok yeah Valko that sucks but this is absolutely not the thread for it

Keep this poo poo light and post pets. If Sid's cool with it and you want to talk about pets that have passed on and how you miss them sure but uh... Not like that.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok yeah Valko that sucks but this is absolutely not the thread for it

Keep this poo poo light and post pets. If Sid's cool with it and you want to talk about pets that have passed on and how you miss them sure but uh... Not like that.
There's a quite nice thread in PI for remembrances.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Archie here is the chillest dog I've ever had. He lets my toddler crawl all over him without a fuss, is nice with other dogs and people and a great cuddler.

Not bad for a pound mutt!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Slugworth posted:

There's a quite nice thread in PI for remembrances.

Yeah. I want to emphasize here I'm not saying you're wrong or bad for being a) mad at dad and 2) missing your four legged friend, but it was a pretty hard corner from the first two pages, my dude.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My rescue Lucky

Accepts infinite tummy rubs. Very sweet boy.

He big, but he's impossible to photograph he won't sit still when the camera comes out.

Very fluffy too.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Sid Vicious posted:

hey uh shut the gently caress up in my thread about seeing peoples pets idiot

You've lost dogs too, haven't you?

I don't keep pets anymore but that doesn't mean I won't take pics of the local wildlife.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

More Marzipan (Morezipan)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Code Jockey posted:

Chloe got a toy from a goon friend today

Omg those markings

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
This is Macaroni, AKA Macaroni Norbert "Hamburger" Cheese III.

And this is Mushu, AKA Big Butt Mushu

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

we were just throwin down a sick dream sesh

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Freshly spayed or something what's with the shaved tummy

E: very good pet

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wendigee posted:

Freshly spayed or something what's with the shaved tummy

E: very good pet

got spayed at the beginning of the month

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The price is right guy had the right idea

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Alpha cat, Tinturn.

He is loving perfect. Beautiful, smart, playful, loving to people and cats alike, mouses like a champ, and a great teacher.

He and Wolf likely have the same father. Came from the same place, and Tin is two months older.

PERFECT.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
This is my very good boy Arlo, who my GF & I adopted from a shelter because he was going to be put down due to a cancer in his neck.

Our vet biopsied it, sent it to a lab, and said it was a weird type of cancer, cancer of the hair follicles, and he had an extremely good chance of living a full life if it was removed. So we spent a huge amount of money we didn’t have and they did a great job removing the growth. He looks like he was beheaded and sewn back together.

That was nearly five years ago and he’s doing fine.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Evolution of dog.

Siberian husky / American akita mix.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So you wear a lot of light colored clothes? Just kiddingl. Very pretty cats!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

JnnyThndrs posted:

This is my very good boy Arlo, who my GF & I adopted from a shelter because he was going to be put down due to a cancer in his neck.

Good boy

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wendigee posted:

The price is right guy had the right idea

she got out in January (took a 14 foot leap over the fence into the parking lot off our balcony) and scared the poo poo out of us, she was gone for like 18-19 hours and it was a pain in the rear end to get her back in the house. This neighborhood is full of tomcats, too, so I was pretty not happy about it since she was somewhere on the verge of going into heat. Sure enough, the day my girlfriend scheduled her spay, I get woken up while I'm sleeping to go to work at 10PM by the absolute worst cat noises ever, followed by a cat staring at me in permanent arch.

I'm very glad she's spayed.

She took absolutely 0 time off from having no chill after the ketamine wore off. Sekhmet is a very proper name for her.

quote:

In a myth about the end of Ra's rule on the earth, Ra sends the goddess Hathor, in the form of Sekhmet, to destroy mortals who conspired against him. In the myth, Sekhmet's blood-lust was not quenched at the end of battle that led to her destroying almost all of humanity. To stop her Ra poured out beer dyed with red ochre or hematite so that it resembled blood. Mistaking the beer for blood, she became so drunk that she gave up the slaughter and returned peacefully to Ra.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

yeah they recover really really quick. Cats heal super fast and young ones heal super fast and well.

she's lovely i hope you don't wear a lot of white shirts lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wendigee posted:

yeah they recover really really quick. Cats heal super fast and young ones heal super fast and well.

she's lovely i hope you don't wear a lot of white shirts lol

buddy my favorite bands are High on Fire and Mastodon and she's a bartender, we are a black clothes household

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 1, 2023

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

buddy my favorite bands are High on Fire and Mastodon and she's a bartender, we are a black clothes household

good cat fit. i had a blond cat and a black cat and i was always covered in hair unless i used a lint brush every morning.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Wendigee posted:

So you wear a lot of light colored clothes? Just kiddingl. Very pretty cats!

I (mercifully?) run cold, so I've got a couple of select sweaters I wear all the time when I'm at my folks' house.
Because most my wardrobe is black. :shepicide:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Das Boo posted:

Because most my wardrobe is black. :shepicide:

I feel your pain, sister

huskies have sixteen coats and shed all of them 4x a month

cute little jerks though

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Do friendly wild birds count? I've been visiting magpies in a local park every day for a couple of years, and about a third of them will eat from my hand by now. I don't get very many pics or videos (I only have two hands and also they don't like the camera), but here are some:

Here's a young magpie called Fudge:

Fudge getting fed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kon1vvONQA0

Being greeted by another group of magpies, with Esme (the vocal one) running up to see me and get her meatball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LesyR3UyES8

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

This is Šu (pronounced shoo) and K ('cos she's special) shortly after they were rescued about a month apart in 2017.

I could tell early on Šu was gonna be a model.

This is now, 4 of K's accidental suicide attempts later. She... has no concept of self preservation and needs constant surveillance.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
I was fostering kittens and today they were adopted out but they all went to happy homes so thats good. im sad tho!
heres a very, very small proportion of the photos i took between 3 weeks and 11 weeks

skullduggery

chirps

spark (not the brightest...)

and sleepy steve

the whole gang

buds

why is it so hard to resize images in imgur

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

This is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look upon his works and despair. Then dig them out of the litter box. He likes to carry around his miniature plush tater tot at 4 AM and yowl at it.

Here is Ozy interfering with post-work boot removal:

Here is Ozy interfering with post-boot removal supper eating:

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Hello gbs here are some of my pets (they are very hard to photograph right now)

The first one hatched yesterday afternoon, six more hatched overnight

here is one of their big sisters meeting them. she is not very impressed.

stay tuned for more pets

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The French Army posted:

This is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look upon his works and despair. Then dig them out of the litter box. He likes to carry around his miniature plush tater tot at 4 AM and yowl at it.

Here is Ozy interfering with post-work boot removal:

Here is Ozy interfering with post-boot removal supper eating:

Ozymandias and Sekhmet should get together and workshop bein dicks

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

burexas.irom posted:

This is Šu (pronounced shoo) and K ('cos she's special) shortly after they were rescued about a month apart in 2017.

I could tell early on Šu was gonna be a model.

This is now, 4 of K's accidental suicide attempts later. She... has no concept of self preservation and needs constant surveillance.

If you're like me, you're always looking for additional nicknames for your pets. The 'K' in special K is the one letter abbreviation for the amino acid lysine.
So possible nicknames include:
Ketchup
Catsup
Lysine

Hey, I'm a scientist not a name thinker upper

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Hello again gbs here are some more of my pets

Layla (aka Puss)

Rory (aka The Roo)

Tiger Millionaire (aka Millie, aka Lil Mew)

Cosmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Borscht posted:

If you're like me, you're always looking for additional nicknames for your pets. The 'K' in special K is the one letter abbreviation for the amino acid lysine.
So possible nicknames include:
Ketchup
Catsup
Lysine

Hey, I'm a scientist not a name thinker upper
Names are hard.

These are the names I gave to the magpies that live near my house:
Freckles - She has spots on her face, probably an old injury
Pikelet (RIP) - Freckles' and Pancake's first chick, name derived from "magpie" and the diminutive suffix, killed in a storm a week after fledging and leaving the nest in 2021
Pancake - Pikelet's father, a pikelet being a small pancake in the local dialect
Bubble and Squeak (RIP) - Freckles' and Pancake's chicks from last year, both unfortunately killed a few months after fledging
Violet - She was more wary and less approachable than Freckles and Pancake, hence shrinking violet. She disappeared around the time Pikelet hatched, unknown whether she was killed, kicked out, or left of her own accord.

I also make daily visits to several magpie families in a nearby park, but I usually only name 1-2 members of any given group, usually (but not always) the ones that are trusting enough to eat from my hand:
Cleverclogs (RIP) - Notably intelligent even compared to other magpies, instead of taking the time to eat food that I gave him he would immediately cache it and come right back for more, to extort the maximum possible amount out of me on each visit. Disappeared a couple of months ago.
Mrs Clogs - Cleverclogs' widow, unusually she has not accepted/allowed a new male to take up residence in the territory, and is instead holding it with the help of her adult daughters as they continue raising her and Cleverclogs' two chicks from last year
Esme - Named after Esme Weatherwax from the Discworld series, as she is very firmly In Charge as well as good at making sure everyone knows when she's not happy
Bea - Missing the tip of her beak
Fudge - Juvenile magpie hatched last season, named by acquantainces online
Piglet - Notably keen on food, even by magpie standards
Stumpy (RIP) - Male with a missing leg, joined Piglet's group as an adult, disappeared early 2022 presumed killed
Biscuit (RIP) - Juvenile hatched 2021, was my favourite for a while after it got so excited it accidentally landed on my head and then started doing that on purpose, disappeared early 2022 presumed killed, named by acquaintance online
Jaffa and Cake - Biscuit's clutchmates, both doing well
Little Buddy - First met in early 2021 as a juvenile, had a severe limp due to piece of string trapped around its foot, now a happy and healthy adult still living in and helping defend his parents' territory, named by a friend online
Woof-Woof (RIP?) - Dominant female in a group that lived above a dog obedience school and thus could bark like a dog, as well as say other phrases like "Come on!" and "Good girl!" when she wanted a treat. Entire family disappeared seemingly overnight, unsure why but possibly something happened to the dominant couple and the rest were unable to hold the territory and dispersed