Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

sentence. fragments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
share your taste

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
almost all of the more modern power mac towers were really loving cool i think. the intel mac pros not so much

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

I tried to buy my last computer case without a glass side panel and the one without it was never in stock anywhere

same but a lian-li in the early 2000's. the only reliable no-window strat was to buy a soundproofed case after than one and the replacement case probably can't fit gpus anymore

heck, i think i had to remove a drive bay to fit a 1070ti in there

i still have both with their last configs because my pandemic pc was a micro center prebuilt before cpus/gpus disappeared in may 2020. it's a lian-li but not nearly as nice as my old silver monolith

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

that's exactly how i got my itunes library started. that promo was insanely effective, shame they'll never do anything like it again

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, it clearly worked. apple owns the market for music purchases now, and basically everyone's going to streaming anyway.

it was a weird time

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

don't post pics of people who are weird looking but still trying to live their best lives. the one exemption is rich old white cishet men

i agree hard with this post. i actively decided not to judge people based on how they look a couple of years back. it’s actually quite hard to mentally train yourself out of

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

git apologist posted:

i agree hard with this post. i actively decided not to judge people based on how they look a couple of years back. it’s actually quite hard to mentally train yourself out of

i'm glad you stopped doing that at least but still: lol :thunk:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

that's exactly how i got my itunes library started. that promo was insanely effective, shame they'll never do anything like it again

get your itunes and type 2 diabetes going in one fun promo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

akadajet posted:

get your itunes and type 2 diabetes going in one fun promo

well ok but they had the codes on diet pepsi too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beeftweeter posted:

i'm glad you stopped doing that at least but still: lol :thunk:
for most people born before 1985 or so, pointing out people who look weird/different (whether intentional or not) was considered safe, effective humor, and any progress towards moving past that is good imo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Kenny Logins posted:

don't post pics of people who are weird looking but still trying to live their best lives. the one exemption is rich old white cishet men

that post wouldn’t have been helped if he was good looking

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kenny Logins posted:

good thing im so dang handsome i guess

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

Must've made looking in the mirror much easier

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnlakHr-O4w

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

infernal machines posted:

re: tower chat, this is still my favourite design

if it wasn't basically a crime to gut one of these, i'd love to build a modern system in one

funny that the case release is the first iColor desktop part ever made, I think it's the color of the newton

they're easy to do as they're btx adjacent as I recall

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

my favorite mac tower is still the quadra 700

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm

this was great because it was real easy to tip the bottle and see if there was a code printed on the cap

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The magazine was only 40 pages long

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

e; lmao

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 1, 2023

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/NanoRaptor/status/1561555950384713728

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hey my biblically accurate angel saw you from across the bar and we really dig your vibe. can we buy you a drink

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X8ZPFYEvpQ

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

re: computer boxen I am still using the huge heavy-duty mirror finish case I bought in 2008

I want to build a new top-end $$$$ pc to replace the 2015 guts in the current machine, I keep thinking 'hey I'll do a window / fans / RGB thing for a change this time' but deep down I know I will recycle this case again.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
ngl, that case would irritate the gently caress out of me. Mirrored, really?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

and what the hell is that keyboard

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
does a mirrored case make you immune, or more susceptible to turn on your monitor jokes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i need to build a pc again one day soon, maybe parts will be affordable when i do lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

im the portable dvd player

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

echinopsis posted:

hey infernal machines someone found your facebook. I blocked out your name tho

*This guy flying up to the camera like Neo at the end of The Matrix, but he's flying by flapping his ears.*

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

coke uses yellow caps to indicate kosher
pepsi uses yellow caps to indicate free music maybe

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

re: computer boxen I am still using the huge heavy-duty mirror finish case I bought in 2008

I want to build a new top-end $$$$ pc to replace the 2015 guts in the current machine, I keep thinking 'hey I'll do a window / fans / RGB thing for a change this time' but deep down I know I will recycle this case again.

I had the black version of that antec, that spoiler vent on the back was stupid and noisy unless you cut some foam out to put in it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I had the black version of that antec, that spoiler vent on the back was stupid and noisy unless you cut some foam out to put in it.

One (or maybe both) of the included fans are way past EOL and make some loving awful vibrating noises when they are persuaded to spin up - I have a couple Noctua browns and a fan speed board to replace them I bought probably a year back, but the whole 'dig PC out from under desk, unplug all cables, haul downstairs, open up case and clean out all the dust etc' has had me putting it off every time I consider doing it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I use a fractal designs R6 or w/e and it's very quiet out of the box. Before that I had no real opinion on cases but now I know that there is one true case design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

same here. nobody i knew at the time had itunes, so everyone gave me their codes and i raked in several dozen songs with only minimal pepsi exposure