Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

aww son of a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

he did it, the crazy son of a bitch did it

https://investor.endeavorco.com/new...ny/default.aspx

- grow moustache
- merge with UFC
- become literally dana white's loving boss
- profit

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
LOL

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I thought the Saudis were gonna buy it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

I thought the Saudis were gonna buy it.

They bought their own propaganda website with a much less wildcard, much more easy to control dipshit in charge instead

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ufc trying to legitimise itself as a serious fighting sport by combining with WWE, a fun performance art best described as "athletic ballet but for dudes".

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This and the XFL are just long cons to make sure Brock can never leave

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Lol look at him vincent price rear end

https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/1642878761384259584?t=YKrMPG-cI0rQW5u252CIQA&s=19

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
He kinda looks like my dad's dad, who in turn looked like Saddam :tinfoil:

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I hope he wrestles again and theres just this brown sweat running down his face.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Hes in the process of growing an Iron Sheik mustache

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Seth Pecksniff posted:

He kinda looks like my dad's dad, who in turn looked like Saddam :tinfoil:

Saudis worked by Iraq.

X JAKK posted:

Hes in the process of growing an Iron Sheik mustache

Saudis worked by Iran.

Peace in Middle East achieved.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/chefboyrnach/status/1642910840587276290?s=46&t=SGjc-kX_f4F_yldTowt91w

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hes back baby

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/TreyPowell1964/status/1643113949406085126?t=TZyiuHlmQsvI9SUyRPpy_w&s=19

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:dudsmile:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD-_v1FYUoQ

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The folks at Punchsports Pagoda have been having a laugh at the results of last weekend's WrestleMania.

To review:

- Roman Reigns has been pushed as heel champion for several years. WWE really just hoped that they could get Roman vs. Rock at WrestleMania one of these years, but Rock's been ghosting them. Roman leads a stable that is basically the Samoan mafia with him as the godfather. The question has been who will be the guy to get the rub for beating Roman and when is the right time to do it, especially after endless matches with Brock Lesnar have led to nothing.

- Cody Rhodes left WWE because he didn't like how they kept booking him as a dead-end comedy midcarder. He gambled on himself, went around the world and competed in virtually every major promotion under the sun, then started up his own promotion with AEW. Over time, he started to go a bit too much up his rear end with the way he portrayed himself and the crowd turned on him. Rather than embrace their response and turn heel, he doubled down on being a top face until his contract was up and he was no longer a big fish in a small pond. He signed with WWE (ignoring years of making GBS threads on Triple H), got a huge re-debut at last year's WrestleMania, got injured shortly after, won the Royal Rumble upon his return, and seemed like a great choice to beat Roman at Mania.

Also, this big push sent a message for AEW talent who were thinking of jumping ship.

- Sami Zayn was a goofball hanger on for Roman's stable who went from honorary member of the gang to being fully embraced and trusted. All the while, he became more conflicted about his actions. People loving LOVED this guy, loved the storyline, and couldn't wait to see him turn on Roman. When the other shoe dropped, people were nuclear for Sami. The guy was an absolute star, ready for them to pull the trigger.

- Vince McMahon had been running WWE into the ground in terms of writing, even though they were still making crazy money. Then he got in trouble with a sex scandal and retired... for a time. Triple H took over and while he's not the best booker, he at least understands what a wrestling story is. You could at least trust him to give you a coherent payoff. Then Vince came back and gradually took over creative more and more. Triple H's influence dropped by the week.

So here we are with a heel champion who has been reigning for far too long and two white hot faces ready to finally usurp him at the year's biggest show. This is the best opportunity for a good payoff they're going to get, barring a miracle. They did Roman vs. Sami at the PPV before WrestleMania, in Sami's home of Montreal, and despite everyone being so ready for Sami to win, Roman retained. Sami's consolation prize was to win a tag title match in the main event of WrestleMania Night 1. A nice moment, but a major step down from what could have been.

But hey, we have Cody, right? Well, Cody would lose to Roman at WrestleMania Night 2, ending the show with a huge downer. Then a fan threw a rubber chicken into the ring. The PPV with the tagline "Finish the Story," ended with the Roman train continuing right along! Then again, the Rock might be more interested in that match in a post-Black Adam world.

Surely, there's the aftermath, though. Cody could just win a rematch at a later PPV? The Raw after Mania, once the most exciting wrestling show of the year, suggested they were going to continue the rivalry, only to sideline it by having Brock Lesnar randomly beat the everloving poo poo out of Cody to end the show.

It should be noted that apparently Vince not only wrote that episode of Raw, but rewrote it three times over! With Vince with the pen again, Cody's chances of getting through the Brock feud with momentum are iffy at best.

Anyway, AEW Dynamite airs Wednesdays at 8pm.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I appreciate that Vince has decided to try and fight the relentless march of time in the most blatant, ungraceful way possible.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Gavok posted:

With Vince with the pen again, Cody's chances of getting through the Brock feud with momentum are iffy at best.

Somewhere in the back, Vince has a lackey polishing up that Stardust costume. It was, after all, only a matter of time...

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This was the first Wrestlemania I've ever watched. I can't believe the guy in American flag pants who was kissing babies at the start lost to Aquaman.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

I appreciate that Vince has decided to try and fight the relentless march of time in the most blatant, ungraceful way possible.

He's trying to convince the public that he's not a washed-up old fart, but still has the pep in his step to sexually harass like a man thirty years his junior

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

are they ever gonna come thru with shaq vs big show

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

:lmao: in a day full of :lmao:s

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Gavok posted:

So here we are with a heel champion who has been reigning for far too long and two white hot faces ready to finally usurp him at the year's biggest show. This is the best opportunity for a good payoff they're going to get, barring a miracle.
what kills me about this is roman has two belts

the maybe-too-obvious thing to do would be cody winning one, sami winning the other, but the possibilities were pretty much endless

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

He looks like a defaced poster of Vince McMahon.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Extra Large Marge posted:

This was the first Wrestlemania I've ever watched. I can't believe the guy in American flag pants who was kissing babies at the start lost to Aquaman.

this is one of the greatest new watcher comments I've ever seen

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vince gets to die as the stroked out Vincent Price

VICE-KING CARNIE

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jamesman posted:

He looks like a defaced poster of Vince McMahon.

A friend of mine said he looks like the Mexican knock off version of Vince McMahon.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Wish dot com Vince

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

The only time I have ever wanted to see Vince McMahon wrestle is right now, to get beaten up for having that lovely little mustache

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vince's lovely Vincent Price moustache will give him immense grave power

I am suggesting he will bring Vincent Price into this

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I can't tell whether his mustache is crooked or his face is

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I can't tell whether his mustache is crooked or his face is

He looks like he had a stroke

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

MrQwerty posted:

He looks like he had a stroke

A stroke of genius

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Maybe the audio was sweetened, maybe not, but that crowd was absolutely APESHIT for Cody beating Roman, but nah, gotta have four(?) different interferences instead to send the crowd and viewers home disappointed. Gotta keep the petty carny attitude going forever. Roman drinks the Kool-aid so he's champ forever even though his loss makes him look weak. Bullshit. But I got emotionally invested so I guess that's me being the dumb smart mark.

Brock and Omos was surprisingly good for what it was.

Men's fatal four way match was way more fun than expected.

Every entrance is better if the audience can shout/sing along

Lol at Cena's 5th grader haircut with bald spot. But the GI Joe theme was neat. Match was weak though

Lotta face wins overall, as Wrestlemania needs.

Sheamus, Drew, and Gunther was awesome

Edge and Finn was great but lame for them stapling Balor's oozing headwound shut in the middle of a no-DQ match

Poor Shane. Sad!

Roman will get his 1000 days but he's never gonna catch grand pappy Backlund, let alone Bruno

Four stars and a Snickers. Wrestlemania 40 will be Anderson Silva vs Ken Shamrock but not in the way you think.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think Vince wanted Cody to lose because he hates his entire family three generations running. Cody's grandfather annoyed Vince once so he made him wear the stupidest tights he could think of, then he made Cody's father wrestle as The Gay Panic, and now he wants to continue humiliating them.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think Vince wanted Cody to lose because he hates his entire family three generations running. Cody's grandfather annoyed Vince once so he made him wear the stupidest tights he could think of, then he made Cody's father wrestle as The Gay Panic, and now he wants to continue humiliating them.

Dusty was Cody's father. Goldust is his brother.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Goddamn, dusty just kept gettin it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

I am suggesting he will bring Vincent Price into this

If you told me that Vince McMahon booked a wrestling match in which one of the participants was a puppeteered corpse, I would not immediately disbelieve you