Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1643919318806151169

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

Ospreay vs. Omega. That's the main event. Book it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Will OC still be the International Champion? I could see that title changing hands at the show, whoever it is.

A Drew Galloway debut where he wins it would be insanely fun.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

My guess is main event Omega vs. Osprey with sub-main of Bryan vs. ZSJ 2 with match one at Forbidden Door. All Out is MJF vs. Punk if he's coming back or MJF vs. Cole if not and they'll be involved in some big tag match at All In to add to the build.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Here's my All Out for a sell out card

The 7 star tag team match: Omega/Ibushi vs. Okada/Tanahashi
The Bryan Danielson Award Match: Bryan Danielson vs. ZSJ
Two Jews for You: MJF vs. Goldberg
The Grudge match: The Elite (The Young Bucks and Hangman) vs. CMFTR
#EMIINWEMBLEY Hard hitting Trios Match: Emi Sakura, Hikaru Shida, Riho vs. Athena, Jamie Hayter, and Mercedes Mone
Contract Tampering: Drew vs. Pac (or if that's off the table PAC vs.OC 3)
Sting Retirement Match: Darby Allin, Dustin Rhodes, Sting (Lex Luger in their corner) vs. Go Shiozaki, Jeff Jarret, Big Show
Humiliation for loser Kaito: Takeshita vs. Kaito Kiyomiya
The Female Feud: Thunder Rosa vs. Britt Baker
Tag in the sauna: 37Komnia (Mao and Shunma) vs. Lucha Bros vs. Top Flight vs. El Lindaman and CIMA
Europe is larger than the UK: Malakai Black vs. Claudio
Big Daddy/Giant Haystacks Tribute Match: Satnam Singh vs. Samoa Joe

Still need matches for Chris Jericho, Moxley, and a celebrity match.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 7, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The real question is who is Maki Itoh going against :thunkher:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

The real question is who is Maki Itoh going against :thunkher:

Sounds like a job for our very on Scoopsgal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Writer Cath posted:

Sounds like a job for our very on Scoopsgal.

I'm a draw, brother

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Penguin Patrol posted:

Will OC still be the International Champion? I could see that title changing hands at the show, whoever it is.

A Drew Galloway debut where he wins it would be insanely fun.

Isn't Drew's contract not up until next year? I keep seeing people suggesting him in AEW this summer and I don't think that timeline works?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't Drew's contract not up until next year? I keep seeing people suggesting him in AEW this summer and I don't think that timeline works?

It's up later this year but after All In, according to SRS.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1644236332141621248

Saw this post on Twitter today and think it's an interesting thing to keep in mind. UK audiences have certainly had plenty of opportunities to see Ospreay already, and more importantly, Ospreay's greatest appeal is to an audience that AEW probably already has in the bag.

Not saying you don't put him on the card in a prominent spot anyway, but you probably shouldn't count on him being a big needle-mover. I would maybe be a little hesitant to run an Omega-Ospreay rematch when you could probably use Kenny to make an even bigger match

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Saw this post on Twitter today and think it's an interesting thing to keep in mind. UK audiences have certainly had plenty of opportunities to see Ospreay already, and more importantly, Ospreay's greatest appeal is to an audience that AEW probably already has in the bag.

Not saying you don't put him on the card in a prominent spot anyway, but you probably shouldn't count on him being a big needle-mover. I would maybe be a little hesitant to run an Omega-Ospreay rematch when you could probably use Kenny to make an even bigger match

I think Kenny vs Ibushi or Okada is a better way to sell the place out. Ospreay should be high on the card though, has he ever wrestled Jericho?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Empire vs HoB would be a good match

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz-L posted:

based on the very speculative rumors of him wanting out of his contract. it probably won't happen but it would be wild.

e: especially not after this announcement, i can't actually see them letting him out

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Kenny vs Ibushi or Okada is a better way to sell the place out. Ospreay should be high on the card though, has he ever wrestled Jericho?
This is better put I think. I'll watch gladly watch Ospreay when he comes home, but there are talents in both NJPW and AEW that I want to see more. Just because its Wembley doesn't mean a Brit needs to main event it, but I'd definitely have him in a prominent place on the card.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

xbilkis posted:

One thing I remember vividly was the World Of Sport show that WWE poo poo themselves over had Ospreay on the very first episode, I believe. And instead of building around the guy that was doing poo poo that no-one was doing in wrestling, they opted to focus on WWE style authority figure crap with Wade Barrett and Grado. And Grado was an over act, sure, but it was just such a bizarre decision to turn the show into a cheap looking studio version of WWE to me when the talent was there to do something much more modern

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

From a business perspective, I really don't think Omega-Ospreay 2 like seven months after the first one is much bigger of a draw than other matches you can do with Omega, like Okada, Ibushi, Cole, Punk or MJF, all of which have been INSANELY protected to the tune of either never happening or not happening for at least five years. And all things being made equal, I would be perfectly fine with not smearing Billy Blackball all over AEW's biggest show ever at all.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MJeff posted:

From a business perspective, I really don't think Omega-Ospreay 2 like seven months after the first one is much bigger of a draw than other matches you can do with Omega, like Okada, Ibushi, Cole, Punk or MJF, all of which have been INSANELY protected to the tune of either never happening or not happening for at least five years. And all things being made equal, I would be perfectly fine with not smearing Billy Blackball all over AEW's biggest show ever at all.

people would be very happy to see Omega-Ospreay 2

they wouldn't be talking about it like the return of the golden lovers or another Okada match

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Omega-Okada would draw way more than a Golden Lovers reunion

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sorry I just assumed you were a hive mind that wanted to see one of your own in the main to do weird football chants to

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1644560163305840641?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it won't put more people in the building to select the correct main event even if it will make the show less smooth. but ospreay will bring in some people so definitely put him against someone huge. first, sixth, or last. and that the bottom line

the exception is if the main event was just a regular tv match but that's a different and much more serious infraction. bottom line.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 8, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they can say darby "all in" right before he jumps off a cliff. it would be remembered for months

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't know why, but I've never been able to fantasy book AEW. Any time I try, Tony either speeds up or slows down the stories. With that being said, I firmly expect MJF to defend the AEW World Championship against Matt Cross.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hmmm. Probably not going to go if it's going to end that late, doesn't leave a whole lot of time to get from Wembley to the sleeper train, bummer

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Hmmm. Probably not going to go if it's going to end that late, doesn't leave a whole lot of time to get from Wembley to the sleeper train, bummer

Honestly, you're better just seeing if you can get the Monday off and staying in London overnight. Probably be cheaper if you get a Travelodge or whatever.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, you're better just seeing if you can get the Monday off and staying in London overnight. Probably be cheaper if you get a Travelodge or whatever.

It’s the August Bank Holiday so no need to book time off

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It’s the August Bank Holiday so no need to book time off

Depends on your job, tbh, although that probably makes hotels a bit more of an issue price wise.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Bank holiday doesn't meant everyone is off. I'm at work at 8.50 the next morning in Scotland.

forkboy84 posted:

Don't remember where you'd be closest to, but there's an easyjet flight from Gatwick gets in Edinburgh at 08:00 Monday morning, and one to Glasgow gets in at 07:45. That's what my group are doing to get back. It was about £70 per person return when I booked the other day.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Acaila posted:

Bank holiday doesn't meant everyone is off. I'm at work at 8.50 the next morning in Scotland.

Don't remember where you'd be closest to, but there's an easyjet flight from Gatwick gets in Edinburgh at 08:00 Monday morning, and one to Glasgow gets in at 07:45. That's what my group are doing to get back. It was about £70 per person return when I booked the other day.

Just be careful, EasyJet are really, really bad with the upsells. I flew down from Edinburgh to Luton with them for the NJPW shows last year and a ticket that should've been like £60 ended up running me over a hundred. (part of that was me being an idiot and trying to change the flight time after i'd booked, to be fair.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Just have parents who live there who'll let you crash for free :smug:

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Just be careful, EasyJet are really, really bad with the upsells. I flew down from Edinburgh to Luton with them for the NJPW shows last year and a ticket that should've been like £60 ended up running me over a hundred. (part of that was me being an idiot and trying to change the flight time after i'd booked, to be fair.)

I've double checked names on the booking for spelling (my bf's name is spelt weird and he always goes by a short), made sure not to add any bags, avoided paying to pick seats (it's an hour and a half, we can be big boys and girls and not sit together if need be). Anything else I should be watching out for? :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Acaila posted:

I've double checked names on the booking for spelling (my bf's name is spelt weird and he always goes by a short), made sure not to add any bags, avoided paying to pick seats (it's an hour and a half, we can be big boys and girls and not sit together if need be). Anything else I should be watching out for? :)

Those are basically the big ones, yeah. I'm a sucker and prefer the extra leg room/priority boarding so always end up paying for that myself.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
PAC and Hayter are much bigger draws for me than Ospreay, statement checks out. It would be cool to see him I suppose but it doesn't move the needle at all.

At this point I'm certain brawl out is a work so gimme CM Punk, let's do it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ospreay in himself isn't going to draw 80000 but I think what matters is it being Ospreay being against a big AEW name. Like yeah we've seen him fight British guys a bunch but put him against someone we've not seen before and that's a huge difference

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I suppose the big issue is finding names that are household stars in the UK and get them into a match that people would pay to see.

I say get the Mitchell Brothers to face Ishii.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Graham Norton and Taz on commentary.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Gonzo McFee posted:

I suppose the big issue is finding names that are household stars in the UK and get them into a match that people would pay to see.

I say get the Mitchell Brothers to face Ishii.

James Corden vs. Nick Gage

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Ant and Dec work Saturdays, they should be free for the Sunday. Get Mulhern in there, they can fight for the trios belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

Ant and Dec work Saturdays, they should be free for the Sunday.

Their promos against Daddy Magic And Cool Hand would be tremendous.