Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Issaries posted:

I just started playing the Hitman thing for the first time. Tutorials were nice compact areas, but I'm bit overwhelmed by the first real mission.
Model gala has 29 assassination goals + dozens of other sub-goals. And the map is huge. :stonklol:

Don't worry about the goals, just focus on killing your targets the first time through. All of the "crush your target with a church bell while wearing a robot outfit" type challenges are solely aimed at replays, and it's pretty difficult to pick up more than half a dozen or so in a single run (particularly if it's your first time through). Enjoy the ride though, Hitman is a fantastic series and criminally under-played. It's what I wish Assassin's Creed was, rather than what it became.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Newbie advice is to follow the mission stories. They're basically paint-by-numbers for HITMAN missions and introduce you to some of the stuff that's possible in the game while being very handholdy and cinematic.

That being said, the real draw of HITMAN is just how wide open the engine is and how you can approach one single target about 1500 different ways. If you're having fun then the challenges are there to give you something to do while actually learning the level layouts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Everspace 2 is really fun. Is it PC only? Hopefully it comes to console because it's pretty great.

I thought it was suppose to be on console but its not. Reading the Steam reviews is what sold me on downloading it from Gamepass, everyone was calling it the spiritual sequel to Freelancer. Playing through the tutorial last night, and I agree it really is.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1644913274289528834

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is the general feeling on Redfall still? New gameplay footage was just released this week, and the internet seems to be extremely negative on it. Watching it myself, and it really did do nothing to convince me it might be good. I haven't felt positive about this game at any point in time, but it's the next big Microsoft release coming real soon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

many are still calling it Redfail

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I said come in! posted:

What is the general feeling on Redfall still? New gameplay footage was just released this week, and the internet seems to be extremely negative on it. Watching it myself, and it really did do nothing to convince me it might be good. I haven't felt positive about this game at any point in time, but it's the next big Microsoft release coming real soon.

You know that old story about many people touching a different part of an elephant and then all trying to describe what the animal looks like? With Redfall I can't figure out what the elephant looks like.

It's free so I'll check it out, but it doesn't seem like a great tentpole for xbox.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Redfall has at no point suggested the possibility I would like it but its on gamepass so its gonna be a fun competition on which I uninstall faster this or Crystal Dynamic's Avengers.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Had anyone played Deceive Inc? Looks like a fun and colourful spy shooter, but it's online-only. Cross-platform though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I’m glad it’s on gamepass.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

webmeister posted:

Enjoy the ride though, Hitman is a fantastic series and criminally under-played. It's what I wish Assassin's Creed was, rather than what it became.
AC: Unity has three segments in its campaign where it's literally Hitman for 20 minutes, even aping the mission intro style, and it only makes you mad when it's over and back to regular AC

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

I said come in! posted:

I thought it was suppose to be on console but its not. Reading the Steam reviews is what sold me on downloading it from Gamepass, everyone was calling it the spiritual sequel to Freelancer. Playing through the tutorial last night, and I agree it really is.

It got canceled for last gen consoles but comes to next-gen this summer.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

I said come in! posted:

It's Arkane so I'm automatically in, but it's also not a sequel to Prey 2017 so I'm going to be somewhat disappointed no matter what

I think how good it actually is depends on whether it really is just a straight-ahead open-world shooter or if they include immersive-sim elements that for some reason they haven't been highlighting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They showed a boss fight in redfall with the boss guy like clipping on corners and stumbling around and swinging at mid air and the player was just bumbling around doing no damage and easily losing the boss by walking away a little bit making him have ?'s over his head and the footage kept cutting because the ai companions kept dying and things were looking rough so ign gave them a break i guess

I am at the point where i'll play it when i sub again for starfield rather than subbing just to play redfall but who knows maybe it good and they were just demoing on a super causal diificulty with the partner ai set to useless.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lol demos are always a little potemkin village version of the game so you can be sure this was simply the best they could manage at the time

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That boss is apparently like a Mr X type thing where it only shows up at certain times and is really hard if not impossible to kill.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

I said come in! posted:

I've been watching a lot or reviewers that got to play a piece of the game early and it seemed fairly positive. The general consensus was that it was nothing like they expected.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Typical review. Seems fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5b1AkAnYlA

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't pay for that game so bless GamePass

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Codependent Poster posted:

I wouldn't pay for that game so bless GamePass

I'd probably toss it on my Steam wishlist and wait for a sale where it was at least 60% off. Gamepass FTW!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Bunch of unlisted gameplay videos of Redfall on this page. I think it looks alright. :shrug:

https://xboxera.com/2023/04/10/new-redfall-gameplay-hidden-in-take-back-redfall-website-linked-in-article/

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
gonna enjoy redfall thoroughly as a gamepass game that i might have picked up cheap in a steam sale in 18 months

since its a first party game it should hit pc gamepass which is nice

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Shoulda made a Redwall game instead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Sea of Thieves still have forced PvP? I've never played it before, but heard it launched in a real rough state, and the forced PvP at the time was something that turned off a lot of players.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

gonna enjoy redfall thoroughly as a gamepass game that i might have picked up cheap in a steam sale in 18 months

since its a first party game it should hit pc gamepass which is nice

Yeah it'll be on both Xbox and PC gamepass day 1. I'm excited to play it where otherwise I wouldn't have paid attention to it. Gamepass is awesome like that.

[edit]
There is a pre-install for Redfall now. I am downloading it on my PC.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Ghostwire hits tomorrow night, and I find myself oddly hype

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

I said come in! posted:

Does Sea of Thieves still have forced PvP? I've never played it before, but heard it launched in a real rough state, and the forced PvP at the time was something that turned off a lot of players.

I played a year ago with a crew and had a good time, it didn't feel like we were getting dogged on by experienced players. Any real person you come across can engage in combat but maps are pretty wide open and you can usually choose to not engage with someone. Some other players will be helpful as well.

Dying doesn't set you back too much unless you were doing hours of quests without turning them in and then someone sinks you. You aren't losing your personal gold stash or anything.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
redfall looks like a 7/10 on release and might turn into a 9/10 with updates like what happened to sea of thieves/siege/FFXIV/NMS/SFV/etc.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Toaster Beef posted:

It’s fun, turn the combat difficulty to zero and enjoy your spooky nighttime tour of tokyo with occasional hadokens at monsters

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Toaster Beef posted:

Nice. It’s like with Wo Long. Wouldn’t pay for it full price or even be on my radar, but now I get to check it out at launch for free so I get a little pang of excitement when it gets near. Same with Redfall. Free arkane fps that’s probably not bad. Stoked.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I said come in! posted:

To me it feels like a former GaaS game that had to pivot hard to some regular online co-op thing. The fact that it is always online even for solo play strengthens that belief (but don’t worry, Arkane promises to “fix” that).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Martman posted:

Shoulda made a Redwall game instead

I played something similar last year but i forget the name cause the combat kinda sucked and i bailed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

To me it feels like a former GaaS game that had to pivot hard to some regular online co-op thing. The fact that it is always online even for solo play strengthens that belief (but don’t worry, Arkane promises to “fix” that).

Yeah they are getting rid of the online is good. It seems like Arkane has a ton of things on a list to improve the game post launch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Toaster Beef posted:

Its fun to blast through the story for sure. I think i like it cause i did zero extra side stuff to pad the length beyond how far the basic mechanics could keep me interested

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Its fun to blast through the story for sure. I think i like it cause i did zero extra side stuff to pad the length beyond how far the basic mechanics could keep me interested

Yeah! Ghostwire doesn't expect you to do any extra side content, it's very respectful of the player and their time. I really appreciated that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they made like 15 hours of busywork side content for their 10hr game and people were doing it going like yo this sucks while i zoom by from set piece to set piece having a blast

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Wow Sifu is real good. Over the shoulder beat ‘em up with depth. Full camera control. All buttons are swappable.

Scoring system isn’t making sense yet.

If you’ve seen the aging system it’s about a revenge story that you beat in a single lifetime. I love that.

2nd level is no slouch but the 3rd level ramps up significantly.

On a regular xbone the gameplay is smooth and graphics are good. Beginning loading is rough but not the worst. Once you’re in it doesn’t load again and rarely slows down.

Not on gamepass.

It’s addicting moment to moment and has discovery items and unlockable special moves. The game curates you from fight to fight so no guessing where to go.

Great game all around.

It also has a bloody palace type of secondary arcade game attached to it with its own missions and challenges.

swims fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 11, 2023

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The sifu age thing makes no sense and id rather it wasnt there but the devs have roguelite disease

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

kill your targets. keep an eye out for story prompts your first couple runs. they do a good job leading you thru the maps.

Yeah for Hitman the key is realising that there's really two games there. The Story Prompts subtly turn the game into a fairly linear narrative experience. Follow the story, have fun, then when you've finished it and are feeling good about your understanding of how the game works you can go back and start chasing the achievements and experiencing the open-world free play assassination simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Yoooooo Inscryption finally came out on Xbox let's go
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/inscryption/9p8nstdmz11p
https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1645468836605329433