Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Grem posted:

I think even if you tell her to go back she just wants to chill for a while and you oblige?

I think so, but it gets you a relationship hit and Magik was the only character in the game I'd go 'oh no she didn't like that' and reload. Well, sometimes if I go that Bioware/Bethesda thing of "oh my God that is not what I thought I'd say" but Magik was the only one I'd always do that for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
..and done. Very sad it’s all over, and that there won’t be a follow up rescuing our gal from purgatory and possibly DOOM but I acknowledge that’s partly on me for leaving it so long to pick it up. I had the ending beats pegged very early on and every later conversation with Carol, Illyana, Nico, Blade and Cap became increasingly painful because you knew it’s never gonna happen. Felt bad for Nico at the end because unlike the rest of them, it probably hit harder for her as the rest all have a revolving door on the death thing and are used to it.

Who did y’all have with you in the final battle? I had Carol (fair, I used her a lot), Illyana (fuckin’ A), Robbie (what in the actual gently caress? Don’t get me wrong, I like him but I didn’t use him that much, certainly not as much as Blade), and ended with Nico. I ended up having to redo the whole thing again because I breezed through the first 3, got way cocky, and went turbo ham with Nico way too early and got her killed. 2nd time was the charm, got the heroism maxed and BROUGHT DOWN THE FUCKIN’ SKY on alla those shits. No pics alas, I think I broke the PS App uploading so many loving photos to it, drat.

So yeah, loved the absolute poo poo out of it, so nice to see a game made by folks who Get It, just a total love letter.

Last word: lmao at seeing who played Mephisto in the credits, wtf

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1646595120068972544?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're actually gonna try to rip out the GaaS

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
an additional eight months of development certainly isn't enough time to fundamentally redesign the game and strip out the GaaS features, but I hope it somehow works out for Rocksteady. They deserve better.

Waffleman_ posted:

They're actually gonna try to rip out the GaaS

That'd be nice, but it just isn't possible in that time frame. If they were really doing that, they'd have delayed the game indefinitely, not a bit over eight months

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bullying works

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So they were probably crunching like gently caress for the release from like January through to when they announced this to the studio, whenever that was. Then they're now gonna have to do some amount of it again in the leadup to the real release. Grim times.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Barry Convex posted:

an additional eight months of development certainly isn't enough time to fundamentally redesign the game and strip out the GaaS features, but I hope it somehow works out for Rocksteady. They deserve better.

That'd be nice, but it just isn't possible in that time frame. If they were really doing that, they'd have delayed the game indefinitely, not a bit over eight months

They could convert the GaaS stuff to a mediocre or ignorable loot system again.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

King of Solomon posted:

They could convert the GaaS stuff to a mediocre or ignorable loot system again.

This is extremely likely to be what they do.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1646595007497793539

I don't think they can really change much of the game at this point. They'd have to pretty much start from scratch.

lol 9 years between releases and this game is still DOA whenever it comes out, if it ever does

RIP Rocksteady

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How hosed up was the game if they need 9 months to "polish" it?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
They're polishing it by bolting on whatever they bolted into Gotham Knights and removing the GaaS stuff.

They will never admit it unless the game gets a postmortem years from now.

There will be several week one patches anyway.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seems easy enough to just turn it into a Borderlands/Assassin Creed's style loot thing. Not that that would be good, but better at least

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009
All the different currencies and loot box animations in Midnight Suns makes it feel like it also was a GaaS game despite it never seems like that was the plan?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AzureFlame posted:

All the different currencies and loot box animations in Midnight Suns makes it feel like it also was a GaaS game despite it never seems like that was the plan?

It is worth nothing GaS didn't invent that stuff, it just monitized the same loot goblin stuff that has been there simce Diablo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, XCOM has that stuff too, just abstracted behind menus

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats absolutely one part of Midnight Suns I hated. It makes me feel so skeezy playing around that.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
So this game is going to be the next Duke Nukem Forever?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Nah, there's already a few games ahead of it with a good shout at taking the record I think.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

Nah, there's already a few games ahead of it with a good shout at taking the record I think.

It's true. I have a friend who pre-ordered Vampire: Bloodlines 2.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Sentinel Red posted:

Beyond Good and Evil 2 already has, I believe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
AEW Fight Forever is tossing its hat in the ring too

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
To be another Duke Nukem Forever, you have to have been announced over a decade before release (it was 14 years for Duke Nukem) and a constant presence (it had a new trailers and demonstration on E3s '98. '99, '01) and spent the mid aughts showing up from time to time to talk about how hosed up it was ('06 we were told how small the dev team left was, '07 that half had left, '09 that they begged the publisher more money to finish the project, with no response)

I wouldn't even put Beyond Good and Evil in that tier since it's a game that was merely cancelled three times and restarted years later, including right now it is obviously cancelled.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Star Citizen has been in development since 2011 and is still pre-alpha.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gaz-L posted:

AEW Fight Forever is tossing its hat in the ring too

Besides whatever problems they’re supposedly having with the ratings board, it’s kind of refreshing that they’re not trying to rush the game out. There’s no suit trying to shove it out the door unfinished to meet a deadline.

Whenever it comes out, I look forward to buying my first wrestling game since the PS1.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Uh...

What is GaaS?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Samovar posted:

Uh...

What is GaaS?

Games as a Service.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Yeah so any live updating game. Technically MMOs, mobile games, and MOBAs are all GAAS, but almost all of the recent ones are trying to copy Fortnite.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Samovar posted:

Uh...

What is GaaS?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Games as a Service.

It's a pretty common term in the tech industry to call something "XaaS". It generally is a way of saying "You aren't buying our software, you're paying to use it month to month". I work in the banking industry and the software we offer has two versions, a licensed + maintenance version and a Software as a Service version which you don't have to buy or pay "maintenance" on but you have to pay a subscription.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

mycot posted:

Yeah so any live updating game. Technically MMOs, mobile games, and MOBAs are all GAAS, but almost all of the recent ones are trying to copy Fortnite.

I think it’s more appropriate to say the most recent ones(Avengers, Babylons Fall, Suicide Squad) are all trying to copy Destiny with their gear scores and raids and coop focus

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Fair enough. Google was just giving Gallium Arsenic and I knew it couldn't have been that.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Medullah posted:

It's a pretty common term in the tech industry to call something "XaaS"

Why don't they just call him Victor?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't remember hearing about this but apparently someone is making a hellboy game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2160480/Hellboy_Web_of_Wyrd/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They announced it at The Game Awards. Lance Reddick is going to be playing Hellboy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

New DLC dropped for Gotham Knights.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/b...s/1100-6513657/

quote:

New Content/Features

The Kelvin Incident is now available! This is a new 15 floor raid available in new game plus or after unlocking the raid area and defeating all the side villain missions.

Mythic gear.
This is a new tier of stronger gear which only drops in the raid.
New material will drop from raid as well.

A new suit transmog can be unlocked

4 new batcycle transmogs can be unlocked

New stronger enemies

Accessibility

Control remapping

Gameplay Controls can be remapped

Supports mouse, keyboard, and gamepad

Buttons that need to be held down can be changed to a toggle

And then a bunch of general fixes as well.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Waffleman_ posted:

They announced it at The Game Awards. Lance Reddick is going to be playing Hellboy.

Oh man, that’s gonna be a sad play now whatever happens.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

... Oh dear. I wonder if that's still the case.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

... Oh dear. I wonder if that's still the case.

As far as we know, he's still in. He was recording before his death.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Gotham Knights: It's been a few months now and I also just upgraded from an RTX 3070 to a 4070. How's the Ray Tracing performance now? Still poop unless on a higher tier card? Is anyone even playing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Midnight Suns will release digitally on PS4 and Xbone on May 11

And never for Switch