Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bob dobbs is dead posted:

increase reaction time!

Brain Energy*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Shame Boy posted:

Brain Energy*

brainergy

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

looking around a bit more there's a ton of caffeine pills and poo poo that are marketed as "adderall but misspelled" which makes me giggle probably more than it should

naderall better be for focusing on your balls

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lol wow wtf

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Shame Boy posted:

looking around a bit more there's a ton of caffeine pills and poo poo that are marketed as "adderall but misspelled" which makes me giggle probably more than it should

I'm guessing none of those even have caffeine in them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lol @ "addyall"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Achmed Jones posted:

lol that the stimulant programmers abuse is adderall. says a lot about dorkiness

probably for the best though

if you can't get oxy you do heroin/fentanyl

if you can't get adderall you do meth which can be cut with fentanyl for reasons, often unbeknownst to you

there have been some ODs on fentanyl laced meth here recently and i don't know how being rich makes you immune, especially if you move on to shooting up

i just called my pharmacy for totally unrelated reasons and the recording was a guy saying they're out of adderall just right off because they are for the foreseeable future, if you were using it for whatever reason and now "need" it you're getting it off the street as meth presumably

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

if you’re rich you have a concierge doc who has an RN that does the legwork of finding the drug for you

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

lol that the stimulant programmers abuse is adderall. says a lot about dorkiness

what is your preferred stimulant to abuse

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
wasnt sam bankman fried, the ftx guy, famous for abusing some extremely hipster stim

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

i've switched to "boss, grandboss, great grandboss" because "manager" is too many syllables

this is the way

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

wasnt there something about a bunch of programmers microdosing lsd for the stimulant

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

wasnt there something about a bunch of programmers microdosing lsd for the stimulant

ya that was definitely a thing circa like 2016

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shame Boy posted:

did psychiatrists prescribe much oxycontin

wasnt one of the sacklers a psychiatrist?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

wasnt sam bankman fried, the ftx guy, famous for abusing some extremely hipster stim

no, it was emsam (transdermal selegiline), which is an maoi that metabolizes into pretty minuscule amounts of amphetamine and methamphetamine alongside selegiline metabolites. because it's a fairly arousing/activating antidepressant, it can be used as a slightly effective treatment for adhd, sometimes, but it's main use is as an antidepressant.

it's expensive as poo poo but it's a pretty effective antidepressant, and safer than past maois because it has less dietary restrictions for tyramine-containing foods.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
i assume the main reason rich people don't die of drug overdoses more often is because they can afford to buy stuff in consistent doses that hasn't been cut with random garbage

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Internet Janitor posted:

i assume the main reason rich people don't die of drug overdoses more often is because they can afford to buy stuff in consistent doses that hasn't been cut with random garbage

also because they can pay to have an entire team of doctors standing by 24/7 to jam a needle in their heart like in pulp fiction

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Shame Boy posted:

ADD ALL wasn't selling so to meet American need ADD YALL was introduced.

i am really tempted to start referring to my meds by these silly names to see if anybody notices.

unrelated: I just learned of 火車HOLYSHITPISS and my face hurts from laughing. what even is the current events computer toucher equivalent of this i must know

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
like, trains? or the primitive korean mlrs? or the buddhist train to hell?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Expo70 posted:

unrelated: I just learned of 火車HOLYSHITPISS

:kstare:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

like, trains? or the primitive korean mlrs? or the buddhist train to hell?

:piss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ah

it does calque to fire car lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

rotor posted:

i got some brain drugs recently and it made things kinda marginally maybe better and then i forgot my pills at home when i was away for a weekend so i did a double dose for a few days the next week to make up for it and i'm gonna ask my doctor for a large prescription because the larger dose actually did something for me.

depending on what the meds are increasing your dose can be super bad and you shouldnt do it independently

sounds like you lucked out, but if you miss days always just go back to regular dose

that the regular dose might not be the right one is separate, it usually takes months to determine with slow up/down scaling

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

and if you try to scale up too quickly, your doctor may determine you're drug seeking and switch you to something else that isn't as easy to abuse

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Internet Janitor posted:

rip Mac Miller

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

nudgenudgetilt posted:

and if you try to scale up too quickly, your doctor may determine you're drug seeking and switch you to something else that isn't as easy to abuse

its not adderal so i dont think thats so much of an issue.

wrt dosage the doc said it was a very low dose to start and if it didnt do anything to tell him so i dont think a couple days of double-steppin it is bad.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rotor posted:

its not adderal so i dont think thats so much of an issue.

wrt dosage the doc said it was a very low dose to start and if it didnt do anything to tell him so i dont think a couple days of double-steppin it is bad.

it is bad

some drugs scale very tightly from minimal sttarting dose to therapeutic/effective to dangerous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therapeutic_index

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yeah well im fine

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

rotor posted:

yeah well im fine

quoted so we can put it on his headstone next week

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yeah im just saying you lucked out, so pls dont do that again because youre a good poster :)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

nudgenudgetilt posted:

quoted so we can put it on his headstone next week

i meant I'm super good looking

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

"it's the same amount of medicine I was supposed to take, shifting it around a few days won't cause any problems", he thought

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lik dis if u click everytim

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lik dis if u click everytim

:yeah:

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Shame Boy posted:

smoke shop near me sold misspelled Adderall that was actually phenibut, and misspelled Xanax that was actually kratom. and i always felt like they'd mixed those up

e: actually it's that addall xr right there, it's just phenibut

aardvaard fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 14, 2023

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it really is one of the greatest artifacts of the internet era

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

BMan posted:

"it's the same amount of medicine I was supposed to take, shifting it around a few days won't cause any problems", he thought

that brings us to the emergency room, where we are now

mystes
May 31, 2006

Expo70 posted:

unrelated: I just learned of 火車HOLYSHITPISS and my face hurts from laughing. what even is the current events computer toucher equivalent of this i must know
He's probably saying badass btw

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

mystes posted:

ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mystes posted:

Only if you've never actually listened to it.