Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

i mean for sale legally on steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Isn't switch emulation like already a thing?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shaggar posted:

i mean for sale legally on steam

I agree with you on that. Imagine tears of the kingdom on a 4080, ultrawide monitor with Ray tracing

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

TontoCorazon posted:

I agree with you on that. Imagine tears of the kingdom on a 4080, ultrawide monitor with Ray tracing

wow i bet it would be the exact same game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Isn't switch emulation like already a thing?
who knows if TotK will emulate cleanly out of the gate, but yeah it is

hope it does - pretty sure my switch can still dump games, if i could remember what i did last time. 60fps and higher rez by playing on pc would be real nice if botw was any example

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

quiggy posted:

wow i bet it would be the exact same game

oh my god

i didn't expect to see it in my lifetime

it's the perfect reply

frame this poo poo quigs, put it on the fridge, hell yeah

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i haven't beaten botw yet. i'm all hulked out with the best armor and weapons and potions, and i'm sure fighting gandalf at this point will just be me tossing him in a dumpster, but i haven't done it yet

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
same

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUnhiHLMy_Q

Lol the maejima VA is adorable

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Roosevelt posted:

i haven't beaten botw yet. i'm all hulked out with the best armor and weapons and potions, and i'm sure fighting gandalf at this point will just be me tossing him in a dumpster, but i haven't done it yet

yeah it's super easy

like by the numbers follow the instructions

there's much tougher stuff in the game than him

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i got like 110 shrines done and then bounced off of botw five years ago, and i still haven't been ganon either. i played a lil of my saved game a couple days ago, but i am way too rusty now :(

now i watch my husband play botw for a couple hours every so often, but he kinda hates it :( :(

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Gnossiennes posted:

now i watch my husband play botw for a couple hours every so often, but he kinda hates it :( :(

:sever:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I've played like 4 Zelda's , 2 on the N64 and 2 on the DS. they wer fun , except for the N64 one where you spent all your time on waking between towns or w/e. then half way you get a horse

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Big ol' new SSD specifically for james came in today, looking forward to never seeing a loading stutter again. REm4ke for instance I had to throw on my system SSD because dear lord that game is just constantly loading poo poo I swear.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i have played all the zeldas and most are good, several are great or exceptional, and there's only one or two stinkers

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I think skyward sword and the DS ones are the only ones i missed, all excellent

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

skyward sword would be such a great game if the controls weren't trash.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

and if fi wasn't trash

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

TontoCorazon posted:

lol people are so dopamine hosed it's unbelievable

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

skyward sword would be such a great game if the controls weren't trash.

i want to try the switch version for this exact reason but also it's a long game that i thought was only fine

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i wanted to play oot because i've never played it, but nintendo wanted me to pay like $50 for the nintendo online expansion pack or whatever for n64 games <:mad:>

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

TontoCorazon posted:

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Gnossiennes posted:

i wanted to play oot because i've never played it, but nintendo wanted me to pay like $50 for the nintendo online expansion pack or whatever for n64 games <:mad:>

hosed up if true

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

in university we got the first snow day in a decade, so I started up a new game of OOT on the GameCube port when I woke up. I burned through the whole game that day. My 5 roommates spent the day watching me play it through on our living room tv, it's a good game

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Gnossiennes posted:

yeah this sucks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i've never played a zelda

botw looks like decent fun, but people also say you can play it for like 2000 hours without running out of stuff to do, which would be unhealthy for me.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Imagine it

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I remember lttp being fun when I was a ~10 year old child

Haven't played any others

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Sapozhnik posted:

I remember lttp being fun when I was a ~10 year old child

Haven't played any others
same but the NES one on the gold cartridge

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

lttp was fun as a 39 year old child too

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

bold creative decision at 2m10s to play the dramatic soaring melody on a kazoo

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

botw looks like decent fun, but people also say you can play it for like 2000 hours without running out of stuff to do, which would be unhealthy for me.

it's the only switch game i have

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1646676756122705922?s=46&t=R0J6gZ9IVIuVqJ6bAd5VsQ

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

New Vampire Survivors DLC is real good. Couple of these new weapons are just absurdly good though, like to the point where idk why you would ever not take them.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sagebrush posted:

that's only really true if you're an insane person who tries to get all the korok seeds. id imagine the average playthrough is 60-100 hours depending on how much you stop to gently caress around

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

no

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
botw is zelda on the elder scrolls model, a colossal open world with minimal limitations and guidance filled with hundreds of variations of cookie cutter mini-activities, a decent number of major activities you may or may not discover, and countless square kilometers of what’s basically scenery but really pretty and evocative scenery

if you like the basic game loop you can do it almost forever and still be encountering “new” stuff for most of that time

haveblue fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 14, 2023

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

botw is nothing like elden scrolls, botw is actually fun

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i've played Zelda 1, Zelda 2, super Zelda 3, game boy Zelda 4, skipped Zeldas 5-63, and haven't played one since Zelda 64

out of those I've only really played super Zelda 3 to death. if i hear one of the sound effects these days it gives me intrusive albeit not unwelcome thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

i've played Zelda 1, Zelda 2, super Zelda 3, game boy Zelda 4, skipped Zeldas 5-63, and haven't played one since Zelda 64

out of those I've only really played super Zelda 3 to death. if i hear one of the sound effects these days it gives me intrusive albeit not unwelcome thoughts

play link between worlds