Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I pretty much stopped listening to Lance shows now that he’s with impact because all he ever does is talk about how great impact is now and I just don’t care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
love hearing about how the good thing that happened on AEW is actually really bad and dumb while the incredibly stupid thing in Impact was great in between the sound of a dog chewing on a bone

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
if only

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
RIP Dax's podcast.

I decided to stop listening/watching after last week because I was tired of him and Koon spending 20 minutes complaining about Meltzer. Like I don't care if he doesn't like Dave or not but I don't want to listen to 20 minutes of Dax complain about him; nor would I want to listen to Dave complain about Dax either.

I'll give it up to Dax for trying to cater to the niche of "fans that hate the Young Bucks/2010 indy westling" and are also "big fans of AEW".

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

PaybackJack posted:

RIP Dax's podcast.

I decided to stop listening/watching after last week because I was tired of him and Koon spending 20 minutes complaining about Meltzer. Like I don't care if he doesn't like Dave or not but I don't want to listen to 20 minutes of Dax complain about him; nor would I want to listen to Dave complain about Dax either.

I'll give it up to Dax for trying to cater to the niche of "fans that hate the Young Bucks/2010 indy westling" and are also "big fans of AEW".

Isn’t his co-host a Conrad guy? The Bischoff and Prichard pods are just two guys complaining about Dave too

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Does anybody know offhand when the B&V review of Nitro Spring Break 2000 was? I want to listen to it again after this week's Deadlock.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Does anybody know offhand when the B&V review of Nitro Spring Break 2000 was? I want to listen to it again after this week's Deadlock.

roughly 19 years after w/e date the episode takes place

e; https://archive.f4wonline.com/bryan-and-vinny-show/bvc-retro-raw-and-nitro-19-years-ago-week-280221

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, and here I figured the podcast starting right around the whole contract palaver was the surest sign FTR weren't headed to the Fed because why start it if you're going to end it like 2 months later?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Seams posted:

Isn’t his co-host a Conrad guy? The Bischoff and Prichard pods are just two guys complaining about Dave too

I'm not sure what one might get out of Bischoff's podcast. Every time (which admittedly is not often) I tried to listen Eric never seems to remember anything or says something so divorced that even Hey Hey has to call him on it and Eric will go "yeah, maybe that's how it happened."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh yeah that's right :doh: Forgot the episodes lined up to the show airdate like that. Thanks for the link :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

I'm not sure what one might get out of Bischoff's podcast. Every time (which admittedly is not often) I tried to listen Eric never seems to remember anything or says something so divorced that even Hey Hey has to call him on it and Eric will go "yeah, maybe that's how it happened."

Divorced from reality or something a divorced guy would say.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
At this point listening to Eric talk about his successes in wrestling is like listening to an Al Bundy podcast recounting his touchdowns at Polk High.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Seams posted:

Which is why I never listened to Prichard, and gave up on Bischoff one around the time he went back to WWE.

You're right that the Conrad guys are generally anti-Dave (despite needing and quoting the observer on practically every show), I kind of thought that Dax might be less interested in getting involved in the mudslinging but guess not.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/k73coPJ.mp4

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

1glitch0 posted:

At this point listening to Eric talk about his successes in wrestling is like listening to an Al Bundy podcast recounting his touchdowns at Polk High.

This pefectly encapsulates my thoughts on 83 Weeks in a way I could never have articulated. Bravo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

love hearing about how the good thing that happened on AEW is actually really bad and dumb while the incredibly stupid thing in Impact was great in between the sound of a dog chewing on a bone

I can't remember the exact specifics but I recall him complaining about some angle on a show (probably Dynamite) that involved somebody openly committing a crime or something, then immediately defending Impact when Bryan pointed out that they wrote Eric Young out of the show by having him be straight up murdered :allears:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Hilarious Dave and Bryan logic on the latest show:

Dave: "I hate that MJF was able to write Sammy a blank check to keep the title. Shouldn't that be the most important thing in the sport?"

later...

Bryan: "So Arn says that Wardlow lost his car, his credit cards and his passport...but the worst was his title! I think I'd much rather lose a title than any of those things."
Dave: "AGREED!"

To be fair it was just the TNT title...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd rather have the Total Non-stop Titties title.

Wardlow wears it, and pops em out with pride.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/hNid2v5.mp4

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember the exact specifics but I recall him complaining about some angle on a show (probably Dynamite) that involved somebody openly committing a crime or something, then immediately defending Impact when Bryan pointed out that they wrote Eric Young out of the show by having him be straight up murdered :allears:

Also that's like what, the 3rd or 4th time they've written off a wrestler by having them murdered on-screen?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drakkel posted:

Also that's like what, the 3rd or 4th time they've written off a wrestler by having them murdered on-screen?

Wait, really? :lol:

"If you see a Bryan Alvarez with 8 followers.... that's probably not the real me."
"You also spell your name with a Y."

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, really? :lol:

Okay I looked it up and it's way more:

- Allie aka The Bunny was stabbed in the throat by Su Yung
- Matt and Jeff Hardy were burned to ash by Decay
- Mickie James was shoved into an oncoming train by James Storm
- Killer Kross had his face eaten by Eddie Edwards
- Kiera Hogan was kidnapped and murdered off-screen by Su Yung
- Eric Young was stabbed to death by Cody Deaner
- Kimber Lee and Brandi Lauren had their souls sucked out by Su Yung
- Ethan Page got his heart ripped out by Karate Man

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Taya was eaten by a casket (not sure if dead, after all Mickie got better)
https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1639076944955179008

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

I think it was said that Mickie James was only injured by the train.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Goofy sign offs have become a part of their gimmick. When Taya recently signed to AEW she left impact by being pulled into the undead realm through a coffin

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1639076944955179008

Edit: beaten

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Impact is the good kind of stupid.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Drakkel posted:

:confused:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

"IMPACT Wrestling may be Hard To Kill but it appears that The Karate Man has killed Ethan Page.

Ethan Page once again stepped up to The Karate Man at IMPACT Hard To Kill and much like the first time, Ethan came up short and it appears The Karate Man has made good on his promise to murder his doppelganger.

Following a contest released exclusively on Ethan's YouTube page, Ethan agreed to remove all of his merchandise from his personal website. However, The Karate Man was told that he could not walk away from the situation with Ethan until Ethan Page was dead, and at Hard To Kill, The Karate Man ripped the heart of the former Tag Team Champion out of his chest.

Ethan Page vs The Karate Man

The two have a Street Fighter style fight in front of a green screen where they knock each other around the world to various places. They eventually end up in Japan where Karate Man finishes Ethan when he rips his heart out.

Winner: The Karate Man defeats Ethan Page via Fatality."

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1350637026723442688

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1350636390342676483

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

loving lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I dont watch it but I am glad TNA has leaned into the absurd. You gotta go with what makes you different and TNA trying to seem like it was on par with WWE was always its biggest weakness.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

I think it was said that Mickie James was only injured by the train.

What James Storm did was only "despicable" and "borderline criminal", so it's no wonder Mickie was only injured. Believe this was also during the time when Corgan was working in creative for Impact.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You're forgetting when Taya Valkyrie was arrested for the attempted murder of John E. Bravo, with the officer noting "if you're unlucky, you'll get transferred to Stamford." She then went to WWE, and we know how that went.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
joe lanza EVISCERATES wednesday night raw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb46Es06OTQ&t=397s

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

does this guy always talk like he has tony khan tied up to a chair

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i don't even care what his opinion is it took 5 minutes to get to "i don't think dynamite has been good for a couple months" which he found about 50 different ways to say

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i don't even care what his opinion is it took 5 minutes to get to "i don't think dynamite has been good for a couple months" which he found about 50 different ways to say

Their shows are really long and meandering.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yeah they're great

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

yea ok posted:

yeah they're great

Yeah the voices of wrestling flagship is one of the very few wrestling podcast worth anything these days in my opinion.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

does this guy always talk like he has tony khan tied up to a chair

kept thinking the video had paused because some of the time between his statements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted: