Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

MassRafTer posted:

Their shows are really long and meandering.

I’d hardly call 2 hours on a Wednesday night long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought some good points were made by the Flagship in that having MJF write a blank check for Sammy segment felt a bit much and how the addition of a Saturday show may feel special at first but like Dark, Dark:Elevation and Rampage, it could eventually feel like a b show.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What is this fixation The Podcasters have on the blank check

bigtag
Jan 21, 2023

by vyelkin
can anyone tell me how to listen to the observer radio show via pocket casts?

I've subscribed and added the rss feed but can't see anywhere to put in my login details

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bigtag posted:

can anyone tell me how to listen to the observer radio show via pocket casts?

I've subscribed and added the rss feed but can't see anywhere to put in my login details

https://f4wonline.craigmcd.com/

Use this to make a custom rss url instead

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Alaois posted:

What is this fixation The Podcasters have on the blank check

they confused it with massively successful film podcast Blank Check and got jealous

TK is doing NLP on them and it's working

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A blank check is the ultimate patreon...

bigtag
Jan 21, 2023

by vyelkin

History Comes Inside! posted:

https://f4wonline.craigmcd.com/

Use this to make a custom rss url instead

wow amazing. thanks!

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i don't even care what his opinion is it took 5 minutes to get to "i don't think dynamite has been good for a couple months" which he found about 50 different ways to say

its funny because his co-host literally says the same thing 3/4 times every time he makes a point or even tries to ask a question, it's insufferable, and I'm certain the show would be 30 minutes shorter a week if he stopped doing this

and yet the flagship is still the best wrestling podcast!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Sorry but Deadlock is the best wrestling podcast.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

tell 'em, tony

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

you drat right.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

boom, and i do mean, boom

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dshban posted:

its funny because his co-host literally says the same thing 3/4 times every time he makes a point or even tries to ask a question, it's insufferable, and I'm certain the show would be 30 minutes shorter a week if he stopped doing this

and yet the flagship is still the best wrestling podcast!

Lmfao it's so funny how he does that I mean it's like, it's so funny how he does that I'm like, it's so funny how he does that.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Guy like me listens to Deadlock

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Deadlock’s the best wrestling podcast. Skip to 1:24:13 this week.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Sounds like I should check out Deadlock!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1649741705602793472?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

duckdealer posted:

Sounds like I should check out Deadlock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddgqL5APUpQ

As always, I’ll recommend this Deadlock bit of you’re unsure if the podcast is for you

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
THE BOYZ are in Japan

https://twitter.com/cmpuls3/status/1649736701588406272

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1649741705602793472

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddgqL5APUpQ

As always, I’ll recommend this Deadlock bit of you’re unsure if the podcast is for you

I'll also add these two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv2fh3AK-1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrQFk2Rn4E8

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

LET'S loving GOOOO

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if i wanted to hear mic clipping cringe i'd record my discord calls

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dave wearing a San Jose Sharks jersey on the Garrett show this week. Only he knows why.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I would listen to deadlock but they seemingly (?) only do retro reviews which I don't have interest in and the shoutouts are ridiculous in the beginning.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

TV Zombie posted:

I would listen to deadlock but they seemingly (?) only do retro reviews which I don't have interest in and the shoutouts are ridiculous in the beginning.

take away this dude's side bread brother

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

I was exactly this once upon a time but I ended up loving them anyway.

I think I even posted ITT that I thought it was lame and I didn’t really care once they stopped reviewing current things, and now it’s probably my favourite podcast of the week even when they do a show I’m not particularly familiar with.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

I was exactly this once upon a time but I ended up loving them anyway.

I think I even posted ITT that I thought it was lame and I didn’t really care once they stopped reviewing current things, and now it’s probably my favourite podcast of the week even when they do a show I’m not particularly familiar with.

What changed with you regarding them?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

He started posting with joy in his heart

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

just always skip to 15 minutes in thats usually past the housekeeping and dick the cock johnsons. I will note i feel the shout outs have been getting a little to normal. im preparing to make pulse say some heinous things about tonys deck!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shoutouts peaked with the multi-sub Home Depot bits.

And I do wish they would at least do AEW PPVs like they did for Wrestlemania. That was fun.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Flagship is way better with Rich on. Solo Joe was kinda weird this week. He also forced it a bit with his AEW rant I thought. Some decent points but I'll always go to bat for AEW doing 'WWE' things like can they coexist angles not being actually that bad because AEW doesn't do them constantly like WWE does.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
this cracked me up

https://twitter.com/sodutw/status/1649557813549563905?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
tom rules

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Honestly I think they just grew on me.

I didn’t drop them immediately when I wasn’t really feeling it anymore because I have a lot of podcast and music time to fill (up to 40 hours a week since I listen to whatever while I’m working) so I started just leaving them in my feed as filler, and found that I was enjoying all the running bits and just the general vibe that is a bunch of dudes riffing on the nonsensical poo poo that is pro wrestling. Basically

Alaois posted:

He started posting with joy in his heart

If you can listen to a highlight like the Pastamania segment and not enjoy it then maybe it just ultimately won’t be for you and you should absolutely drop it and find a podcast you enjoy, but if you enjoy that then there’s basically years of other poo poo that’s almost as silly for them to riff on that they’re bouncing around every week right now. If you don’t really care about retro wrestling (which I personally still don’t) you could still enjoy them if you’re a fan of hearing about all the dumbass stuff that’s happened basically everywhere in the business over the years.

For example, every now and then they do a TNA episode which is a promotion I only really know the most notorious horror stories about, and there’s so much dumb stuff that comes out which was somehow overlooked at the time and makes for enjoyable listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

TV Zombie posted:

I don't think they ever explicitly said, but them running DPW probably meant it was a bad thing to be honestly reviewing AEW and therefore heavily criticising it when they thought it deserved it..... while they also book heaps of AEW talent.

Retro content is more absurd, though, better for a podcast. Modern wrestling doesn't have as many crazy bastards that the company doesn't control.