Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
501 solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I hit 120 films last year. 300 to 500 is crazy ha. But maybe I’ll make it to 200 this year.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I only started using the diary feature on Feb 1 of last year and I found its really helped me keep track of what I've seen, recall what happened on what dates based on what movie I watched, and it's incentivized me to watch more movies in general.

I started 2023 with the goal to hit 200 flicks, but I've since updated it to try and watch at least one movie every day. I figured I would get through a lot of classics this way, knock out some certified bangers, load myself up with 5/5's. Instead, on Jan 18th, I watched Fart: The Movie

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Grinches are Glowing posted:

Is everyone who posted revently included in our Big Official Goon Super Letterboxd List 2000 Extreme Reloaded? I haven't checked it all but tell me if you want to be included and for some reason aren't yet so we can stare at your terrible taste for movies in an orderly fashion

I'm not on that one, but I was on one in the middle pages somewhere. Here ye go!

https://letterboxd.com/FrankBoothFan/

I did 200 movies for 2021, and aimed for 130 last year (2 or 3 a week), hit 140ish. This year I'm skipping a number goal, but rocking those movies for sure.

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.
I'm here: https://letterboxd.com/momoe_nakanishi/

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Updated all missing names here!
Re-quoting for ease, go add all goons to your follower list, so you have nothing but terrible, terrible, utterly terrible takes on your letterboxd front page all day long!

Grinches are Glowing posted:

Hello my letterboxing friends, the fact that the OP was not up to date and even included 404s bugged me for months now, so I went ahead and made a new updated list of all goons who posted their account in this thread, sorted alphabetically:

8one6 - 8one6
Akarshi - nukedeggs
Allyn - Allyn
Antisamitism - antisam
Ashheap Empire - HarryJSleaze
Barry Convex - Barry Convex
blast0rama - blastorama
BOAT SHOWBOAT - timmytime
bowmore - caramonfives
checkplease - ch3ckplease
china bot -
paoloerasmus
Darthemed - Darthemed
Detective Dog Dick - smashthestate
DoubleCakes - doublecakes
DrVenkman - DrKoctopus
duz - duz
Egbert Souse - Egbert Souse
E.G.G.S. - MenOnFilm
egon_beeblebrox - farts_johnson
EL BROMANCE - jayx
El Graplurado - momoe nakanishi
Escobarbarian - escobarbarian
fadam - amalenczak
FancyMike - fancymike
feedmyleg - gregoryreg
fenix down - fenixdown
Fifteen of Many - NickHough
Franchescanado - Franchescanado
FreudianSlippers - Gnonn
Friends Are Evil - moonsmilk
gey muckle mowser - muckle_mowser
GoldenGun - Grobbelboy
Goons Are Great - Gaggy
Goth Odell Beckham - GothOdell
graventy - graventy
Greekonomics - karatebugman
Hat Thoughts - havelava
Heavy Metal - frankboothfan
I, Butthole - aewade
I Before E - TildeSwinton
Ibexaz - Ibexaz
Ingmar terdman - IdiotBear
Irritated Goat - irritatedgoat
JivJov - jivjov
Jordan7hm - jordan7hm
kalel - kalel
Kull the Conqueror - actionberg
K. Waste - kenny_waste
Lester Shy - KanleyStubrick
Lord Seo - amerrit
MacheteZombie - MacheteZ
Mantis42 - Mantis42
Maxwell Lord - EvanWaters
MrMojok - MrMojok
Narzack - narzack
Nroo - nroo
Peggotty - cebrail
PenguinKnight - Ami_Mizuno
piratepilates - piratejerk
pospysyl - pospysyl
Principle Hellman - clawxco
Rageaholic - black_l0dger
Rascar Capac - rascar_capac
Ratedargh - ratedargh
Raxivace - Raxivace
Roth - TwilightSporkle
Servoret - cbf
Shrecknet - shrecknet
SMP - smp
SoylentCola - OafParkour
STAG Goat - Goatgonzo
Spatulater bro! - caiman
SylvainMustach - Tomhomo
T Bowl - tfowl
Teenage Fansub - Teenage Fansub
Terrorist Fistbump - koblentz
thatfuturekid - mitchhayes
The Hausu Usher - Scream Comrade
Tsyni - tsyni
twernt - twernt
Twin Cinema - twin_cinema
Vanilla Bison - saltliquor
Vince MechMahon - Vincemechmahon
weekly font - weeklyfont
Wilhelm Scream - vincentprice
zenintrude - zenintrude
zer0spunk - aschaeffer
Zurtilik - Zurtilik

I removed those who did not log any movie this year (as of September 2022) as well as any old or removed accounts. I most certainly forgot one or three, so if you want to be added and are not in there or if you would like to be removed, hit me!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 27, 2023

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Holy gently caress have I watched a lot of shorts this year. 410 diary entries in a little over three weeks?! (Although that’s exacerbated by my habit of logging features I didn’t finish, which I’ve gotten really bad about in the last few months. Kind of the reason why I started watching shorts in the first place.) Mostly been watching Twenties/Thirties cartoons and older experimental films, basically stuff that’s free to watch on YouTube. Dave Fleischer suddenly rocketed to become my most watched director of all time this year, overtaking Chuck Jones by a healthy margin.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Ibexaz posted:

Fart: The Movie

It’s pretty good

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A random selection of stats

Not my busiest year. Did not expect so many weeks with no movies at all. Except for july when I was camping in another country the whole month and as such not close to TVs a lot.

Genre and location hold no surprises.

I'm https://letterboxd.com/Gnonn/ on Letterboxd.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Added!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
please add me too! https://letterboxd.com/paoloerasmus/

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Done!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Can anyone think of anything I'm missing?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The sheer number of those already in the list is nothing but stunning

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

If Club Dread counts, then so should Puddle Cruiser. And some posters of Super Troopers. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The Seven Year Itch. Maybe The House of Yes with Parker Posey?

If you're allowing Revenge of the Nerds IV's horizontal legs, then Inherent Vice and The Graduate, maybe Choke.

Maybe also Say It Isn't So with Heather Graham? The original Piranha?

Jack with Robin Williams or Spy Hard for another funny one.

You've also excluded Porky's.

If I can think of more I'll share.

edit: Evil Dead remake for another wild card?

For Your Eyes Only and The Living Daylights. A View To A Kill maybe, but that's stretching it.

How obscure are you going? Invasion of the Bee Girls, Ilsa She Wolf of the SS

edit edit edit: It's a good concept for a list.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 15, 2023

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

If Club Dread counts, then so should Puddle Cruiser. And some posters of Super Troopers. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The Seven Year Itch. Maybe The House of Yes with Parker Posey?

If you're allowing Revenge of the Nerds IV's horizontal legs, then Inherent Vice and The Graduate, maybe Choke.

Maybe also Say It Isn't So with Heather Graham? The original Piranha?

Jack with Robin Williams or Spy Hard for another funny one.

You've also excluded Porky's.
one of the issues (and why I've had to keep it updated) is I'm only using the official Letterboxd poster, which they occasionally update, not the alternate/fan posters from places like Flickchart.

My criteria are that it needs to have a backside in view, ideally cutting off the head to totally objectify the subject or at the very least not show their face (back of head/hair only) and the bonus is to have something in between their legs, ideally a person. Don't Tell Mom, the Babysitter's Dead is about as out-there as I want to go.

If it's just "a person whose face is visible facing the camera in a sexy outfit" that's not good enough to make the list imo.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
just logged Scream VI and noticed it has a special “spoiler” button:

Love when they do little fun touches like that

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Woah I would have never noticed. I am repeatedly surprised of how much love they put into this gay little website instead of going for a bigger monetization, as I'm sure they could.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that was a sponsored activation, ala the movie-themed Twitter emojis. Very cute, though, and cool of the Scream people to go to where the cinema nerds are.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I mean it's fitting given that in the movie they make a joke against Letterboxd and its users, so it makes sense they'd pay them to add that.
Makes me wonder how common and well known this site is among movie producers. Since many people in the industry got there due to being movie nerds themselves, I can imagine a lot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's gaining traction, but I work for a major streaming service and I never shut up about how we should incorporate more of Letterboxd's product design philosophy. 95% of people I bring it up to have never heard of it.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It's not too old yet either, is it? Maybe it'll be a bigger thing at some point, although I'm not even sure if that's such a good thing. I really enjoy the community we have there currently, before I joined I assumed it was like Facebook but for movies, but I really enjoy reading funny reviews and comments. Many parts of it feel very... Goony. I like that.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I was at a movie screening yesterday, where the movie was so obscure that the amount of ratings almost tripled since the screening, going from 4 to 11 :). I didn't check the amount of viewed before, but assuming that went up at the same rate, about 18 people marked it as viewed yesterday, which equals to about 6% of the adience in the screening being on letterboxd. Off course it was a film festival crowd, so they were more likely to be on letterboxd than the general crowd.

I didn't rate it, only marked it as viewed, because I have no clue what to rate it.

Movie in question: https://letterboxd.com/film/polia-blastema/

Edit: I should probably post my profile while I'm at it: https://letterboxd.com/GorgonZola/
\/\/ I'm not in the list, feel free to add me.

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 28, 2023

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That's interesting! Still a lot of movie buffs that Letterboxd should recruit then, given that at such an event most people are probably quite the movie nerds.

Are you in our big goon on Letterboxd list? I'll check and add you, if not!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Added you, requoting the list for easier access here again.
Please tell me if anyone is missing or I messed up BBCode somewhere, I'm bad at this
Last updated on 04-25-2023

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Hello my letterboxing friends, the fact that the OP was not up to date and even included 404s bugged me for months now, so I went ahead and made a new updated list of all goons who posted their account in this thread, sorted alphabetically:

8one6 - 8one6
Akarshi - nukedeggs
Allyn - Allyn
Antisamitism - antisam
Ashheap Empire - HarryJSleaze
Barry Convex - Barry Convex
blast0rama - blastorama
BOAT SHOWBOAT - timmytime
bowmore - caramonfives
checkplease - ch3ckplease
china bot - paoloerasmus
Crescent Wrench - DusterBuster
Darthemed - Darthemed
Detective Dog Dick - smashthestate
DoubleCakes - doublecakes
DrVenkman - DrKoctopus
duz - duz
Egbert Souse - Egbert Souse
E.G.G.S. - MenOnFilm
egon_beeblebrox - farts_johnson
EL BROMANCE - jayx
El Graplurado - momoe nakanishi
Escobarbarian - escobarbarian
fadam - amalenczak
FancyMike - fancymike
feedmyleg - gregoryreg
fenix down - fenixdown
Fifteen of Many - NickHough
Franchescanado - Franchescanado
FreudianSlippers - Gnonn
Friends Are Evil - moonsmilk
gey muckle mowser - muckle_mowser
GoldenGun - Grobbelboy
Goons Are Great - Gaggy
Goth Odell Beckham - GothOdell
graventy - graventy
Greekonomics - karatebugman
Hat Thoughts - havelava
Heavy Metal - frankboothfan
I, Butthole - aewade
I Before E - TildeSwinton
Ibexaz - Ibexaz
Ingmar terdman - IdiotBear
Irritated Goat - irritatedgoat
JivJov - jivjov
Jordan7hm - jordan7hm
josh04 - Josh Mc
kalel - kalel
kanonvandekempen - GorgonZola
Kull the Conqueror - actionberg
K. Waste - kenny_waste
Lester Shy - KanleyStubrick
Lord Seo - amerrit
MacheteZombie - MacheteZ
Mantis42 - Mantis42
Maxwell Lord - EvanWaters
MrMojok - MrMojok
Narzack - narzack
Nroo - nroo
Peggotty - cebrail
PenguinKnight - Ami_Mizuno
piratepilates - piratejerk
pospysyl - pospysyl
Principle Hellman - clawxco
Rageaholic - black_l0dger
Rascar Capac - rascar_capac
Ratedargh - ratedargh
Raxivace - Raxivace
resurgam40 - resurgam40
Roth - TwilightSporkle
Servoret - cbf
Shrecknet - shrecknet
SMP - smp
SoylentCola - OafParkour
STAG Goat - Goatgonzo
Spatulater bro! - caiman
SylvainMustach - Tomhomo
T Bowl - tfowl
Teenage Fansub - Teenage Fansub
Terrorist Fistbump - koblentz
thatfuturekid - mitchhayes
The Hausu Usher - Scream Comrade
Tsyni - tsyni
twernt - twernt
Twin Cinema - twin_cinema
Vanilla Bison - saltliquor
Vince MechMahon - Vincemechmahon
weekly font - weeklyfont
Wilhelm Scream - vincentprice
zenintrude - zenintrude
zer0spunk - aschaeffer
Zurtilik - Zurtilik

Edit: Mods of this lovely forum, this list grew considerably since you added it to the OP, would you edit the current list in?

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 25, 2023

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It is done

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that was a sponsored activation, ala the movie-themed Twitter emojis. Very cute, though, and cool of the Scream people to go to where the cinema nerds are.

Pretty sure Letterboxd gets name dropped in Scream VI as well.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I'd love to get in on the Goon Letterboxd Database if possible. I'm at https://letterboxd.com/DusterBuster/.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

ruddiger posted:

Pretty sure Letterboxd gets name dropped in Scream VI as well.

Not only that, they make fun of us in a mean way. Those bastards!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

poo poo there's a list? I wanna be on a list! and also add all you people already on the list! https://boxd.it/3656j

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Welcome The List!! The other List Be-ers are welcoming you on The List!

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I too would like to be (re) added to the list... I don't generally write reviews on the same day as I saw the movie, and consequently, I'm terrible at logging films. But I logged one yesterday, darn it, and I'm still watching movies and developing my ethos of film, and reading other reviews helps me do that.

https://letterboxd.com/resurgam40/

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Woah I would have never noticed. I am repeatedly surprised of how much love they put into this gay little website instead of going for a bigger monetization, as I'm sure they could.

My favorite is how the Watched icon for either of the Dune movies is a blue eye instead of a green one. Just a nice, subtle touch.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Black Lighter posted:

My favorite is how the Watched icon for either of the Dune movies is a blue eye instead of a green one. Just a nice, subtle touch.

I appreciate that they did this for the documentary and for the mini-series on there too.

My partner and I actually don't even use any of the features of it beyond making lists and logging what movies we've seen/how we rate them but we signed up for the pro subscription awhile ago just because we like how the site works so much.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Neo Rasa posted:

My partner and I actually don't even use any of the features of it beyond making lists and logging what movies we've seen/how we rate them but we signed up for the pro subscription awhile ago just because we like how the site works so much.

It's the only review site where I'll watch a thing, come up with my own 1-5 rating and then see how it stacks up to the average. Usually, it's pretty close, but there's no way I care about the RT rating or whatever the imdb score is in the same way.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Reaching out to y'all for any ideas on films which show people going through boarding procedures for commercial air flights.

https://boxd.it/mspzK

Stuff like Con Air wouldn't count, since that's not a commercial air flight. I've got the feeling that Air Force One doesn't count, either, but I haven't seen it to confirm yet.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Darthemed posted:

Reaching out to y'all for any ideas on films which show people going through boarding procedures for commercial air flights.

https://boxd.it/mspzK

Stuff like Con Air wouldn't count, since that's not a commercial air flight. I've got the feeling that Air Force One doesn't count, either, but I haven't seen it to confirm yet.

what about in Cape Fear where Nick Nolte goes through the airport and hands the boarding pass to the person at the gate but it’s a fake out? Do we need to see the person physically stepping onto the plane?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Anything that gives a fair chunk of the boarding process is good. Like, I'm including Home Alone 2 even though we get a very condensed version of it there, but not Fight Club, which has him riding the plane, deboarding, and having his luggage searched, but not going through any of the actual boarding procedures.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I bought Pro just now when I noticed it had JustWatch integration and it's incredibly good. You can set which services you have access to (cross region! in my case Criterion Channel (US), amazon prime (FR) and netflix (UK)), and then you can use a "Your Services" filter in the search. When you look at a film it also has easy to use buttons that take you straight to the page on the service it's available on. So simple but it really does take all the pain out of the terrible proliferation of streaming services (by signing up for yet another subscription lol, but at least letterboxd is cheap and has 0 dark patterns around cancelling your sub)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

resurgam40 posted:

I too would like to be (re) added to the list... I don't generally write reviews on the same day as I saw the movie, and consequently, I'm terrible at logging films. But I logged one yesterday, darn it, and I'm still watching movies and developing my ethos of film, and reading other reviews helps me do that.

https://letterboxd.com/resurgam40/

Done for both the quote on this page as well as the original post
We need to post more itt so the quote moves further away and I can be lazy and just add it to the original post :colbert: