Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
the art that the just stop oil threw poo poo on was protected by glass and wasn't damaged also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Are you suggesting aging artwork isn’t just exposed to the elements?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The only element that Tats' artwork should be exposed to is fire.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Guavanaut posted:

The only element that Tats' artwork should be exposed to is fire.

I would allow earth too. Buried deep within and marked as toxic landfill.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

World Famous W posted:

the art that the just stop oil threw poo poo on was protected by glass and wasn't damaged also

I mean, yeah. Still cost money to handle (the frame was damaged).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

World Famous W posted:

It was still dumb though.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Alhazred posted:

It was still dumb though.

Still got more attention than any of the people who lit themselves on fire about the climate.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Grape posted:

They also didn't like that purple haired soccer lady for not being feminine enough. So being a cis woman alone isn't even enough for this crowd.

There has been wide spread dismissal and ridicule aimed at cis woman who play sports professionally for decades and it doesn't look like that's going to stop any time soon.

This whole "protect woman's sports" movement is pretty obviously about attacking trans people (both trans men and trans women) and not about helping or respecting any women athletes trans or cis in any way what so ever. I haven't seen a single female professional athlete say a word on the issue at all, because their voices are not a relevant part of this conversation that's allegedly all about them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nenonen posted:

I would allow earth too. Buried deep within and marked as toxic landfill.
Does piss fall under the element water?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I haven't seen a single female professional athlete say a word on the issue at all, because their voices are not a relevant part of this conversation that's allegedly all about them.

There's been a few that the right will give a voice to because they're anti-trans, one of them is Riley Gaines who swam against Lia Thompson. I think there's at least one tennis player who's been vocally supportive of the anti-trans bills as well.

e: The anti-trans tennis player I was thinking of is Martina Navratilova

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Vib Rib posted:

Does piss fall under the element water?

I'd say it passes

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

This is an anti-suffragette cartoon from the 1890's.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

There's been a few that the right will give a voice to because they're anti-trans, one of them is Riley Gaines who swam against Lia Thompson. I think there's at least one tennis player who's been vocally supportive of the anti-trans bills as well.

e: The anti-trans tennis player I was thinking of is Martina Navratilova
And her opinions formed the basis of some state anti-lgbt law a few years back. Real leopard eating your face moment.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
nb: Kellies further delayed, I'm going to reupload all the nominees and winners and other materials under an imgur account for the time being. Will also try to do last year's before the deadline, but not sure of my capacity.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:
Australian stage and screen icon Barry Humphries has died aged 89 (ABC).

Rowe:

Barry Humphries' alter-egos Sandy Stone, Sir Les Patterson and Dame Edna Everage plus Humphries himself.

Broelman:

Dame Edna Everage was from Moonee Ponds.

Knight:

The pig-cow thing got cut off the bottom: it is saying "Bring the curtain down!"

Lethbridge:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh, got sent to hell by mistake.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did Son of Leak hit his head or something? That seems like a positive cartoon.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Randall Enos - Unspeakable Speaker

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

Mike Thompson

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
There is a political cartoon from a few years ago. Single panel, setup is folks boarding a plane and a stewardess asks a young adult passenger to turn their cell phone off. Old dude smugly asks if he has to turn his device off too, a book in his hands. I tried looking it up but my search engine skills can’t find it with what I remember. Anybody remember it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

Mike Thompson

Yes, they do need a better argument than the one you made up in your head just now.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Did Son of Leak hit his head or something? That seems like a positive cartoon.
Barry Humphries was a cultural icon but that culture was Australian comedy circa 1960s/70s and so that made him very much in the style approved by Bill Leak and by extension Son of Leak.

The Melbourne International Comedy Festival's award for the most outstanding show used to be called the Barry Award but they renamed it after Humphries made a bunch of transphobic comments so there more than a few cancel culture takes from the conservative side like they did with Bill Leak.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 24, 2023

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Blind Duke posted:

There is a political cartoon from a few years ago. Single panel, setup is folks boarding a plane and a stewardess asks a young adult passenger to turn their cell phone off. Old dude smugly asks if he has to turn his device off too, a book in his hands. I tried looking it up but my search engine skills can’t find it with what I remember. Anybody remember it?

I remember it. Don't know where to find it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Blind Duke posted:

found via an old politoons thread ('turn off book intitle:"political cartoons"' did the trick)

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Angepain posted:

found via an old politoons thread ('turn off book intitle:"political cartoons"' did the trick)
Annoyed stewardesses, today's no good teens, some gizmo, sophisticated adults, the classics.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Angepain posted:

That looks like Chip Zdarsky's style. I don't know what book it might be from though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s some old internet weirdo who had mediocre art skill and his own hate thread elsewhere in SA back when those were in vogue for specific webcomics.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It almost feels like someone mocking the “some gizmo” mode of rapidly aging cartoonists.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

You're missing the rest of it.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I haven't seen a single female professional athlete say a word on the issue at all, because their voices are not a relevant part of this conversation that's allegedly all about them.

A few C listers have taken the chance to blame their losses on having one trans woman in the massive list of people finishing ahead of them.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

So what IS Gerald Ford doing these d -- ohh never mind.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Never Mind My Crimes, What about Your Issues?

Ted Rall posted:

When whistleblowers catch the government breaking the law, the government distracts us by criticizing the whistleblower. Why can’t us ordinary people get off the hook by attacking our accusers?

First Dog on the Moon: Health! Education! An online marsupial cartoon school! What Australia (me) wants in the 2023 budget

Also "The Carbon Neutral Adventures of the Indefatigable Enviroteens By First Dog on the Moon" is playing at the Theatre Royal in Hobart and looks exactly the way it should:

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

It almost feels like someone mocking the “some gizmo” mode of rapidly aging cartoonists.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Chris Britt

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Is this the most overtly fascist imagery Branco has used so far?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

I dont know posted:

This is an anti-suffragette cartoon from the 1890's.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Oh look, some robots. Legaly distinct robots.

No seriously, are these supposed to be something?

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

Hot-dog Man sure has a weird map of the world in his woodland hideout.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I love that this implies women are even better at everything men do than men are, and would quickly supplant and invert the entrenched patriarchal system in short order. Great self-advocacy, gents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Now I am hoping Biden declines to run again just to make Stantis look like an idiot for a week of whatever awful Sloth Biden strips we get.