Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Yes

Semi relevant to this thread, where do you folks sell off WH stuff? I have an assortment of 40k, KT, and 30k boxes I bought with the intention of painting but never got around to and need to offload now.

First you pm me with a list of what you got

Second (if we get to second) is you don’t tell my wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ok, since I asked I'll post what I have here first before throwing up my SA mart thread:

2 X Horus Heresy Age of Darkness
1 X Kill Team Moroch (the other is staying for our KT games)
3 X Knight Dominus

All are sealed, and I'm in FL for shipping estimates

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cease to Hope posted:

Of the options, the regular Ambot or Sump Beast probably bring the most to the table. I'd say it mainly comes down to whether you'd like a weird robot or weird creature.

Thank you for this write-up! I wasn't even aware the Sump Beast existed and now I love it

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

moths posted:

Thank you for this write-up! I wasn't even aware the Sump Beast existed and now I love it

it's pretty much just an open kitbashing prompt, it rules

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Southern Heel posted:

Is there any way to play make 3rd-6th Ed. WHFB work with massed regiment bases? My figures are 10mm and typically based either 8 to a 1x2" base, or 4 to a 1x1" base. I have a sneaking suspicion it will be casualty tracking like Kings of War's Nerve. Any suggestions?

On top of everything that people have mentioned already, I do know there's a fairly active Minihammer group on Facebook that is specifically taking 10mm figures and using them with WHFB rules. However, I do believe they tend to use individual bases, rather than regimental bases, but that might still be the place to go and ask in case someone else has done what you're looking for.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

If I want to get into both Underworlds and Warcry (and have no fantasy WH already), is there an easy way to pick up an Underworlds starter that has some figures that are compatible and decent in Warcry? And if so, I guess I'll buy some Warcry faction cards for those figures as well?
Or is this impossible and I should just buy a starter of both games instead, or something else? Thanks!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think Undwerworld minis have more compatibility with AOS than warcry maybe im wrong

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Ok, since I asked I'll post what I have here first before throwing up my SA mart thread:

2 X Horus Heresy Age of Darkness
1 X Kill Team Moroch (the other is staying for our KT games)
3 X Knight Dominus

All are sealed, and I'm in FL for shipping estimates

Hmmmm tempting

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 28, 2023

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

uncle blog posted:

If I want to get into both Underworlds and Warcry (and have no fantasy WH already), is there an easy way to pick up an Underworlds starter that has some figures that are compatible and decent in Warcry? And if so, I guess I'll buy some Warcry faction cards for those figures as well?
Or is this impossible and I should just buy a starter of both games instead, or something else? Thanks!

fwiw you don't need to buy cards. pretty much everything in an underworlds warband is close enough to some existing model to match with an existing warcry card. that doesn't mean they'll be synergistic or even good, though, and i have no idea what units are good in warcry.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

uncle blog posted:

So the older underworlds warbands have Warcry 1.0 rules that were published in the Tome of Champions 2021 compendium but are probably a little inefficient.

The newer warbands, like the sons of velmorm and the gnarlspirit pack from the Gnarlwood starter set have gotten Warcry 2.0 rules but these were published in White Dwarf. Shouldn't be too hard to google the pictures of their stats, there's a full google sheet floating around that crops up in searches.

Edit: for the 6mm epic crowd. I tried to get some free not-tactical marine STLs (Moonjammy's Galactic Crusaders) printed using the cults3d Cloudprint service but was rejected as the supports were apparently no good. I do FDM printing with Cura, but what's the best program for generating supports on STLs for tiny hams and saving the STL for a 3rd party printer service?

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 28, 2023

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

uncle blog posted:

They're really two separate games. The models for WHU can slot into Warcry as cooler versions of what they represent (i.e. a WHU skeleton is a fancier version of a regular old skeleton) but that's really about as far as it goes. You can't really import the WHU warbands into Warcry like you can into AoS, and even if you could, you'd still need more models - five skeletons isn't going to be a good Warcry warband. I would say that if there is a WHU warband that you like, pick it up and get AoS/Warcry models to fill out the rest of the Warcry warband, then mix and match from there.

EDIT: I'm wrong - the newer WHU warbands do have Warcry rules in WD. From what I see, they aren't spectacular though, so you may want to weigh them against a "normal" list and see which seems better.

hoiyes posted:

Edit: for the 6mm epic crowd. I tried to get some free not-tactical marine STLs (Moonjammy's Galactic Crusaders) printed using the cults3d Cloudprint service but was rejected as the supports were apparently no good. I do FDM printing with Cura, but what's the best program for generating supports on STLs for tiny hams and saving the STL for a 3rd party printer service?

I think Chitubox does auto-supports? I think I remember seeing a recent video stating that it even does good supports for FDM.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 28, 2023

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

uncle blog posted:

Which underworlds set were you looking at specifically?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Bottom Liner posted:

Do we need to do an Orlando goon killteam day? I'm on the West side of Disney near Champions Gate and could host if I'm centrally located.

I'm down to setting something up, I'm in Ocoee/Gotha. I've also got my brother playing Kommandos and our friend playing Pathfinders who would probably be interested also.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Feeling pretty awful it's nearing 2 months and my local game shop still is unable to get a single box of Corsair Voidscarred from Games Workshop. What the hell is going on? In that time I just straight up finished painting my knockoff 3d Dark Angels for practice. Not sure what else I can do at this point since even the store and the Games Workshop rep don't know what else they can offer to help me :(

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Ash Waste Bounter Hunter i've been working on, The Thunder Chief (and his pal Dirty Dean)

Inspired by my mishearing song lyrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIE4UjBtx-o

Zihuatanejo
Dec 17, 2013

everyone wear hats now posted:

Ash Waste Bounter Hunter i've been working on, The Thunder Chief (and his pal Dirty Dean)

These are awesome great job!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

everyone wear hats now posted:

absolutely incredible!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Hot drat, Goliath lad astride giant wizard lizard is a vibe I should have been able to guess would work

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Flesh eaters vs stormcast in greatest warcry box ever (don't @ me) https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/29/pious-heroes-and-deluded-cannibals-come-to-blows-over-mismatching-chivalric-codes-in-warcry/

And spooks from the underworlds https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/29/heads-will-roll-as-the-cursed-executioners-of-nagash-enter-the-wyrdhollow/

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Just announced on the Official Warhammer YouTube- "battle on a new scale"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSG_y_WxjVk

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Yesssss that's rad!

So I was going through my Necromunda stuff and realized that I have a sealed box of Van Sarr dudes. I don't really have much desire to play them as a main any time soon, but wouldn't mind having them around as a loaner gang. Any tips on building them up, options wise? I don't want to grab any of the options (yet), so just a basic out of the box build.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Annointed posted:

Feeling pretty awful it's nearing 2 months and my local game shop still is unable to get a single box of Corsair Voidscarred from Games Workshop. What the hell is going on? In that time I just straight up finished painting my knockoff 3d Dark Angels for practice. Not sure what else I can do at this point since even the store and the Games Workshop rep don't know what else they can offer to help me :(

sure it has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Games Workshop is planning a relaunch of their online store :)

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
What are the chances that AT titans will be compatible/playable with epic 30k?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Elsewhere it's described as "a massive campaign expansion" for Horus Heresy so I wouldn't get your hopes raised too high.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it seems just as likely, with the new plastic knights and other LOWs being added to 30k, that it's a 30k revival of apocalypse

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Isn’t the campaign expansion they are talking about the Cthonia campaign book?

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

HidaO-Win posted:

Yeah, pretty sure they are talking about the Siege book.

Folks are too afraid of getting burned to see the obvious Epic Space Marine teaser right in front of them.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

i thought that was revealed at adepticon already

anyhow if i'm wrong i'm wrong, we'll see

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Old World news a big wet fart.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Really hoping we get some more stuff for 40k apocalypse

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

sure it has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Games Workshop is planning a relaunch of their online store :)

Ayyyy

Feels bad though

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

dishwasherlove posted:

Old World news a big wet fart.
Cool models though. Kind of want to do a reverse mini hammer. A Big master if you will. Ranked bases using 28mm hams. I guess you'd need an enormous table though, do you games of warmaster really need that much space?

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSG_y_WxjVk

Hell Yes! I've just had the worst couple days of my life, for the first time ever I'm going to have to sue a company, their gently caress-up has potentially destroyed one of my main sources of income. Epic coming back is bringing a smile to my face for the first time in days. I wish it were 40k, but I'll have a ton of fun in 30k.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

hoiyes posted:

Cool models though. Kind of want to do a reverse mini hammer. A Big master if you will. Ranked bases using 28mm hams. I guess you'd need an enormous table though, do you games of warmaster really need that much space?

They can if you lean into cavalry and have good leadership or are lucky on Command rolls. Depending on how you scale things up, a Brigade could be a pretty big chunk of an army as well, so just the physical footprint will be significant.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Watch out guys i think the Inquisition are coming to kill team based on the new sillouettes they teased! Only an hour to go!!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Finally getting down to business with my Warmaster stuff. I have been sitting on a dragon's hoard of classic metal minis but once the 3D stuff came about I decided it all had to go :blush:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Annointed posted:

They’re in stock on the website. Amazon has them for below list price.

If you already paid at your local ask for a refund? I get supporting a store but there are limits.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Chemmy posted:

They’re in stock on the website. Amazon has them for below list price.

If you already paid at your local ask for a refund? I get supporting a store but there are limits.

Haven't put down any money.

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Annointed posted:

Haven't put down any money.

Buy them elsewhere, you gave them ample time to get your money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Is there a warmaster army builder online? Gonna try figure out if my ecw == empire and hyw == brettonians will work…