Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Elder Postsman posted:

https://roddenberry.x.io/

this is pretty cool, you can walk around the bridges of all the enterprises

that is pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i like that it feels like an old vrml or quicktime vr page

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
star trek bridge crew ruled

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJG-BE9hu1k

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYcXcCpD0qA

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one thing I love about old HK movies is how absolutely determined the hero’s girlfriend is to be super one dimensional and gently caress everything up, like “sure my boyfriend is being chased by a team of superassassins because he double crossed a triad boss but he said he’d take me to lunch so I’m going to throw a tantrum in the middle of a gunfight!” conversely in movies like that the main character usually forgets about his partner and turns into a horny grope monster at the merest glimpse of sideboob

I also love seeing what places I’ve been to looked like in the 90s

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sagebrush posted:

smoka thinks that every concept in media originally came from an anime

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
history repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as anime

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NEOFLECT/status/1651803707992948740

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

man these lone wolf and cub movies need to chill the gently caress out on the rapes. there are actually other plot devices! if you wanna show titties that's great! but please- consensual titties only!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
started watching creed III last night

it’s alright I fell asleep so didn’t finish it

but the daughte in the movie is deaf and the mum has a hearing aid in and mentioned about losing hearing on stage (she a musician)

it’s good to see, but i’m curious does the director or someone going out of their way for dead awareness?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

going out of their way for dead awareness?

it's a horror movie now?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
boxing is scary tbf

mystes
May 31, 2006

echinopsis posted:

boxing is scary tbf
That must be why unboxixng is so much more popular now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mystes posted:

gently caress this is good

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

holy lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Gunn’s trilogy-capping Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 begins on a maudlin note, with Rocket (Bradley Cooper) muttering the lyrics to the acoustic version of Radiohead’s “Creep” as it plays on the Zune he borrowed from expat Earthling Peter Quill (Chris Pratt)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol yeah I just read the Rolling Stone article about how they decided to suck the fun out of the entire last movie. gg Gunn

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
watched moon last night forgot how good that was. highly recommend sci fi thriller. sam rockwell is a treasure

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

James Gunn loving sucks and I can't believe they handed him the keys to DC

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

because the dceu was so amazing before gunn

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

two wrongs don't make a right

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the DC universe sucked compared to Marvel anyways

there were some good ones like the killing joke but overall the heroes weren’t as interesting to me when I was a kid

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the DC universe sucked compared to Marvel anyways

there were some good ones like the killing joke but overall the heroes weren’t as interesting to me when I was a kid

the suicide squad is easily the most tolerable movie in the dceu. i got no qualms about gunn taking over

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's weird that just a few years ago DC had like five popular hourlong basic cable 20+ episode multiseason tv shows running concurrently and establishing a shared universe that event did crossover events, and the guy who ran all those shows (and helped develop HBO shows like Doom Patrol) is completely uninvolved with the DCU reboot

personally I didn’t watch any of those shows (except the first season of Black Lightning) but that universe was undeniably successful. weird decision making going on over at Discovery

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk judging by the flash trailer the tv guys are the ones doing the new dc movie stuff

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

they really wasted their tv presence. shoulda been one universe

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

grant gustin > ezra miller

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shaggar posted:

idk judging by the flash trailer the tv guys are the ones doing the new dc movie stuff

the Flash movie is the result of the people who wrested control of the DCU from Snyder, not the tv folks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The only part of the flash movie that looks appealing is the character from a different much better movie that came out 30 years ago

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

indigi posted:

the Flash movie is the result of the people who wrested control of the DCU from Snyder, not the tv folks

i mean that it looks like poo poo like the tv stuff

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh for sure

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I watched two indie movies last night that were very different from each other but both good in their own way. the first is “door mouse,” a neo-noir movie about a comic book writer who works in a sleazy burlesque club. for being about exploitation it didn’t feel too gross about it and it worked around its budget by having lots of things happen off screen. the other was “accident man,” kind of a british low budget deadpool/john wick take with a bunch of veteran bad action movie veterans like michael jai white it’s cheesy but in a fun way and doesn’t disappear up its own rear end. had kind of the same vibe as “the losers” with a much less talented cast. the fight scenes were good though since everyone who fights in it has experience as stunt performers or martial artists

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
given the timeline for movie production you have to assume the flash movie was the result of dc hacks going “hey we could do that too” in response to into the spider-verse instead of no way home, but regardless it’s been hilariously beaten to the punch

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

indigi posted:

Suicide Squad and GotG were really good so 50-70% track record isnt to bad in modern cinema standards

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Gotg2 was rear end tho and i assume 3 will be as well

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

GotG wasn't even good it was fine with a killer soundtrack

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

indigi posted:

he's a troma guy, he doesn't do well with large budgets

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

indigi posted:

GotG wasn't even good it was fine with a killer soundtrack

considering the premise “fine” is still a real accomplishment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
the dc wb tv shows are pretty terrible imo. flash in particular is bad; it feels like the cast in all hates each other behind the scenes (not saying they do, just feels like it on camera), but more importantly it doesn’t feel like the flash. idk i was never a big flash comic book person but half the appeal of the character was that he was sort of a lovably immature jokester. tv flash is mean and dour. i definitely don’t think the actor could pull off a movie role for it