Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Do you have your global orders set to collect wares in space?

I suspect that might be a mod beause I don't think ships nomally collect floating wares unless they're told to.

That's right it was a mod. Burried in the comments, it turns out faction econ AI has S&M ships do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

if stations are stuck in a hostile state just shoot them a few times. the hostility timer from shooting them seems to override other temporary hostility, so they'll reset back to friendly in fairly short order.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

queeb posted:

what gate connection mod are you using? I'm going to restart with VRO now that it's going so adding a ton more connections sounds dope too

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1083 This one my friend and its great, at least from what i've seen so far. It's really switched up the starting Boron gameplay. Especially if you couple it with Terrans being at war already and the Xenon mod that halfs the price of Xenon ships. There's Battleships loving everywhere.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

OwlFancier posted:

The boron have ice in rolk's demise and the other easiest place to get it would probably be the northern sector of morning star. The provinces adrift don't have any though it's true.

Oops, guess I missed it up north. I was thinking provinces adrift primarily but yeah that's good to know. Probably a wash with transport time between Paranid space and Kingdom's end to the provinces adrift because of the lack of a highway. It feels like the journey to the provinces adrift is somehow shorter than getting into and around Kingdom's End from PA due to having to traverse Sanctuary of Darkness (even with the highway you build ) and all of the highway interchanges.

I decided to try the new Boron start for my first playthrough and overall I'm glad I did. It's a little disconnected and the economy is slow but it was a nice chill learning environment. I felt like a country bumpkin going to the big city the first time I journeyed to the core sectors and rode a massive highway through multiple sectors. Doing all of the tutorials before jumping into that start worked well as a complete novice so I can recommend that route for anyone thinking of giving it a shot.

I also really loved having to build the highway in Sanctuary of Darkness and being able to have a substantial impact on the world like that. I wish they'd let you build more highways, I'd like to connect PA more and. It'd be a fun goal for endgame if it needed a metric fuckton of resources and logistics to pull off.

Also also I appreciate all of the advice from the thread, there's so much to wrap your head around and little quirks to figure out jumping into this. Like supplying raw materials for the station is really obtuse, I feel like there could just be a simple checkbox for "Buy Ore, Mine Ore, or both" instead of having to set up global rules and/ore manipulate pricing and storage levels to make it so that only your own ships bring raw materials to your station. I'm sure I will find more weird poo poo as I get further along too!

Also why can't I give trade orders to multiple ships at once. Having to task each ship individually is annoying

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 1, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It helps to think of the station management system as being as hands off as possible. So it defaults to buying things because, for the most part, that should be self limiting. It will buy things needed for production and will pay more for them if you're low on them. It is set up to try and keep production running as much as possible because production is what adds value to the wares.

For most wares the purchase is self limiting too, if you're supplying enough by other means then the price will drop so low that people shouldn't be willing to sell to you, and if you buy at minimum price anyway then there is no possible way you could fail to turn a profit on processing it further.

So in a sense, while it feels wrong, if you have miners willing to sell to your station at minimum price, what you should probably do is add more production modules rather than more of your own miners.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I wish could organise fleets and ships better tbh. Folder etc.

Or even be able to assign our ships to work for NPC stations and just supply their needs/buy/sell on repeat without direct repeat orders

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hakarne posted:

Also also I appreciate all of the advice from the thread, there's so much to wrap your head around and little quirks to figure out jumping into this. Like supplying raw materials for the station is really obtuse, I feel like there could just be a simple checkbox for "Buy Ore, Mine Ore, or both" instead of having to set up global rules and/ore manipulate pricing and storage levels to make it so that only your own ships bring raw materials to your station. I'm sure I will find more weird poo poo as I get further along too!

No doubt that X4 is a doozy to wrap your head around. However I think once you wade through all the bullshit once you'll find that setting up stations properly isn't all that difficult - especially if you're supplying all the inputs yourself. I've reached a point where I have a global default for all stations that only allows my own ships to trade. I almost never touch the storage levels or the price.* I just assign whatever miners/traders the station needs, set the output to allow the AI to purchase it and then just check back every so often to make sure there aren't any issues.

The game is pretty good about getting the AI to just handle everything for you while you just provide boundaries for their activity. What will really make you worry is when everything is set up correctly for a station, but nothing is being delivered. In my current game the culprits for this are my water plant and medical supply/food plant and the problem is that I don't have enough subordinates assigned to those stations so they might all be busy when I set up another station to need water or food.

*There's a weird behavior with buying station materials that I haven't seen before where wares will ignore the global price modifier and begin lowering their price as materials come in. Suddenly station construction grinds to a halt because nobody is delivering any materials for building because nobody is going to sell to you at minimum price, but I've been able to work around that.

OwlFancier posted:

Some people report issues with the priortiization of miners if you combine mineables. As in you can run out of one and the station won't properly assign miners to fill it back up instead of mining stuff you already have lots of.

I haven't found that issue myself, however. So it's up to you if you want to risk it or not.

I tried a combined "mining station" that's bringing in pretty much everything. I think the only real issue is that if you're not using the raw materials fast enough and the storages fill, miners will only be able to partially unload and then the station manager will have them go mine something else if it needs to. So you'll have miners with like random amounts of both ore and silicon, and gas miners with basically every kind of gas in their holds. Then if storages are full and your miners can't unload and you add a new ware, it might take a while for your miners to sell what they have on board to the station to make room for the new ware.

But from a practical perspective I haven't had any issues. The mining station is filling the goods I need and my production stations are supplied so :shrug:

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
All of my stations end up being either single output ( Hull Parts and Claytronics ) with at least 6 L Miners or a multi output super store of ship technology components to augment my shipyard production or supply to friendly neighbours with a similar number of miners. They're initially expensive to get up and running but once you have good Claytronics and Hull Parts availability it just costs time to build. As they're building I'll set em to not buy inputs from any one but me, assign miners and traders, buy some cargo drones and forget them. For the most part they just work, I'll keep an eye on upkeep missions if I need to replace subordinates or if they need credits transferred because I missed a buy order.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
If I use my Commonwealth S/M ship fab blueprint in Terran space then I would need Commonwealth components to build the fab but ships built would use whatever the station is set to right? (So Terran in this case)

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1083 This one my friend and its great, at least from what i've seen so far. It's really switched up the starting Boron gameplay. Especially if you couple it with Terrans being at war already and the Xenon mod that halfs the price of Xenon ships. There's Battleships loving everywhere.

Nice I'm going to try that for this VRO restart as a Boron.

E: Thinking about it, I'm going to edit the Boron side of this mod so that instead of Mercury (doesn't make sense both lore and gameplay wise) it's, Uranus <--> Menaleus, and then get rid of Ocean of Fantasy <--> Asteroid Belt (again this one doesn't make sense and makes it too easy for the player to supply the Boron economy).

Also going to get rid of Oort <--> Atiya as that just gives the Terrans an extra backdoor into Antigone/Argon, and they don't need the help.

So final new connections get the Borons in contact with the Terrans quicker, via Menaleus' Oasis <--> Uranus and Barren Shores <--> Getsu Fune, as well as getting them in contact with the Xenon faster via Sanctuary of Darkness <--> Litany of Fury (Xenon always take this). With VRO, FOCW, Faction Enhancer mods, I'm kind of expecting the Boron to get wiped out pretty quick once the Terran war gets going, because Getsu always ends up in Terran hands and then the Terrans are invading on both sides.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 1, 2023

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Less Fat Luke posted:

If I use my Commonwealth S/M ship fab blueprint in Terran space then I would need Commonwealth components to build the fab but ships built would use whatever the station is set to right? (So Terran in this case)
Negative. If you have Terran build modules and own Commonwealth ship/equipment blueprints, your Terran station will still require Commonwealth components to make them and will automatically allocate storage and create buy orders for them, regardless of build preference. There's no making a Kuraokami from Computronics nor a Katana from Hull Parts. The exception ( if you can call it that ) is Closed Loop Method allows you to build some Commonwealth ships/equipment from Claytronics, Hull Parts and Energy Cells instead of all the rest of the gubbins, but only for blueprints shared between the ToA factions and Commonwealth ( I'm pretty sure that means most Argon equipment blueprints only ).

[Edit] I just realised I totally didn't answer the question you asked....

Commonwealth Build modules and Terran Build modules have different blueprints, if you want to build your S/M Fab in Terran Space from Terran components you gotta see the Terran Rep to buy the Terran S/M Fab Blueprints ( indicated by the Terran icon in the top right corner of the Terran S/M Fab card in the station build menu - it's not super obvious, there's been number of times I've cocked up a station that suddenly needs Teladium because I picked the Teladi Hull Parts/Engine Parts version by mistake ). Your Commonwealth Blueprints will only build the Commonwealth S/M Fab from Commonwealth ingredients. You can still build both Terran and Commonwealth ships regardless of the flavour of S/M Fab, you'll still need the appropriate components as mentioned above.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 1, 2023

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Gotcha makes sense, thanks!

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

With the current patch, what should you be outfitting fighters and the like with for OOS combat if you're not using mods? Will they take advantage of and do better with things like the various rail gun variants?

Also, someone was mentioning setting up capital ship weapons - I swear someone mentioned a way to prioritize what the main battery does. Basically, is there a way to make my Asgards point and click Ks with the beam of eradication, or do I really need to teleport in and turn them manually and shoot the main battery to avoid AI idiocy?

Personal frigates I'm accepting that I'm trash at aiming and use things like the chain guns and rapid fire stuff, maybe I'll try manually using the rail guns again given the discussion up thread but they really used to feel bad.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the main battery should go for the thing the ship is actually targeting. You can set each group of turrets to prioritize fighters or capital ships.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

WebDO posted:

With the current patch, what should you be outfitting fighters and the like with for OOS combat if you're not using mods? Will they take advantage of and do better with things like the various rail gun variants?

Also, someone was mentioning setting up capital ship weapons - I swear someone mentioned a way to prioritize what the main battery does. Basically, is there a way to make my Asgards point and click Ks with the beam of eradication, or do I really need to teleport in and turn them manually and shoot the main battery to avoid AI idiocy?

Personal frigates I'm accepting that I'm trash at aiming and use things like the chain guns and rapid fire stuff, maybe I'll try manually using the rail guns again given the discussion up thread but they really used to feel bad.

I think it's just generally accepted that the AI can't handle charged weapons, be it the Asgard Beam, the Ray Beam and the Erlking battery ( The AI will quite happily fire your main batteries until they overheat and then you'll have the extended cooldowns ), so yeah, if you're operating in Xenon space you'll need to keep half an eye for Ks and Is as a group of them will quite happily destroy your party, even solo I's outside of Xenon space. K's I'm less stressed about, in my vanilla Venture game I've reached the point that I'm running a couple Gatecamps in Two Grand, 2 Asgards and a Syn, all equipped with L Paranid Plasma turrets and M Split Flak turrets and so far they seem capable of handling themselves ( moreso than the previous fleets of Odysseus-E and Rattlesnakes which needed serious weight of numbers to just handle a single K without losing several destroyers at a time ).
The camps in Two Grand are a priority at the moment as the Northern Xenon have absolutely wrecked the Rhak Patriachy, and I'm hauling a lot of claytronics out of my factories in Second Contact and Nopelios's Fortune IV to Tharka's Ravine IV The Fall which went neutral after siding with the Curbs, so I moved my PHQ there and am trying to jumpstart the Curb economy ( mostly because I've sided with Zyarth previously and I had hoped that the Curbs would get a bunch of ships and be more capable of pushing back on the Xenon but alas, not this game - Also no Kha'ak in this neck of the woods so I've been using M miners with impunity ). I'm kind of miffed I can't sick the Realm of the Trinity onto the Xenon, but they've been sending fleets to retake their sectors lost to the North Western branch of Xenon and they're still buying my products so I can't complain too hard ( Argon and Antigone have been rendered useless by their war with the Terrans and I guess I could send Tri to take on the Teladi, but they're being battered heavily by the Eastern branches of Xenon and I haven't got it in me to see them wiped by Tri just yet ).

With regards to the Railguns, keep in mind the non Boron ones do not track or converge, so they aren't as good at getting hits on moving targets at range. Ion Pulse Railguns on a Hydra can be absolutely sick when you're engaging S/M fighters that are on approach, and continue to be brutal against Kha'ak in close up brawls ( modded up you'll be insta popping Foragers in a single shot - I finally got the Overkill achievement during the Hornet's Nest mission ) as long as you're patient and wait for the guns to track onto a target before firing, but you'll have a harder time against swarms of Xenon, especially Ps. I'm of the opinion that the Ion Pulse Turrets are hot garbage though, can't hit and when they do, the damage is anaemic. For your personal corvette my recommendation is for the Kuraokami ( or Nemesis if you haven't hijacked a Kuraokami or befriended the Yaki ). Try befriending some Split for access to Tau Accelerators - Split space shotguns are k rad. If you're up for a little piracy try hitting up Freelancer Katana's in Pioneer space. Katanas are a good personal ship, and if you're lucky you'll pirate one with a hundred advanced satellites for a fat 7.5mil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WJu90wEqY&t=7964s

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 1, 2023

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I think the main battery should go for the thing the ship is actually targeting. You can set each group of turrets to prioritize fighters or capital ships.

It's just wild that I've had to save scum to save a fleet of 3 Asgards that kept trying to engage Ks with a bold engine first strategy, but usually they did reasonably ok. Meanwhile a solitary Syn is holding a different gate for me cleaning out Ks with no intervention. The AI is weird sometimes

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

WebDO posted:

The AI is weird sometimes

New thread title that succinctly sums the game up

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I got a little data leak mission called “Cannot See, Cannot Scan” and had to go disable a security computer. I had a bypass already from something, so I went and did it, but the mission didn’t progress. It still says “Hack Security Console” but per the wiki I hit the right one in the security room (first on the left), so I’m not sure what’s up. Do I have to do something after hacking? I couldn’t find the little beacon again to see if it said anything else.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

newbie report 6:

up to six large silicon miners. pretty much done with all the boron herald quests. got to the "oh you want to broker paranid peace? bring like 36 ships" part of that line.

loving around in split space now, it's pretty much entirely overrun by xenon and a giant pain in the rear end to get around.

i got to figure out how to scale up my income. modules seem so expensive, but I think the only way is to go past silicon wafers and into something else

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

tokenbrownguy posted:

i got to figure out how to scale up my income. modules seem so expensive, but I think the only way is to go past silicon wafers and into something else

Unless you're doing a gimmick run of some kind I highly suggest stealing the blueprints if you haven't started doing that already.

If you want to start expanding your stations and you already have silicon wafers I would suggest microchips. They only require silicon wafers, sell at a decent clip all on their own and they are an intermediate for claytronics. Claytronics is one of the 'I have now won the game' wares where if you get a decent station making them you're just printing money. I just finished setting up my initial claytronics station (honestly pretty modest imo) and it's already making 6-7 million an hour - all my other stations combined are making a little over 6.

Another option is hull parts. Hull parts will always sell like hotcakes.

The added benefit of either of these options is hullparts and claytronics 2 of the 3 (or 4 if you're doing boron stations) building blocks for all stations so you'd be making your way to producing the parts for your own stations yourself. Which means another good option is a power plant. Anything which brings you closer to vertical integration is going to be a good choice.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 1, 2023

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Can anyone clue me in on why my shipyard isn't building this ship order?

I have 45 build drones, 790 workforce, extra people in the habitat besides the workforce. I know the order is for a behemoth since it's the only blueprint I have, and I've already built a couple of them

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Is something occupying the build slot for an equipment change/repair?

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Nothing of mine, and 0 docked ships.

Edit: It was missile components.. They didn't show up on the list even, since I didn't own any missile blueprints. Actually the missile blueprints might have been enough, not even sure I managed to stock some components before it started building. I dont own any missile turret blueprints though but I guess that doesn't matter.

sloppy portmanteau fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 1, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's not necessarily a Behemoth - the AI can build anything at your shipyard whether or not you have blueprints for it. They're only necessary if you're building it for yourself.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019
Not in my experience. You'll need the chassis blueprint, but other stuff like engine, weapon, shields don't matter.

The only ship getting built now is a Behemoth, there would be some other orders if it were possible.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

The added benefit of either of these options is hullparts and claytronics 2 of the 3 (or 4 if you're doing boron stations) building blocks for all stations so you'd be making your way to producing the parts for your own stations yourself. Which means another good option is a power plant. Anything which brings you closer to vertical integration is going to be a good choice.

How many hull parts/claytronics production modules do you have running on a station? I'm just working on those and trying to figure out how many modules I should have at the end to make a decent amount of cash.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Claytronics are only used for station production but hull parts are used for ships as well, so you generally want a lot of them.

I would say like, maybe four or five claytronics should give you plenty, hull parts you could probably make dozens of and still find a buyer.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sloppy portmanteau posted:

Not in my experience. You'll need the chassis blueprint, but other stuff like engine, weapon, shields don't matter.

The only ship getting built now is a Behemoth, there would be some other orders if it were possible.

Unless something changed or I've won the lottery with a bug, I've been building everyone's ships the entire time. My HQ is the wild west lmao :shrug:

They could just be in demand at the moment? It'll switch from Unknown Ship to what's under construction once it begins if you don't have the blueprint, in my experience. If you do have it it'll always say what it is.

sloppy portmanteau
Feb 4, 2019

RBA Starblade posted:

Unless something changed or I've won the lottery with a bug, I've been building everyone's ships the entire time. My HQ is the wild west lmao :shrug:

They could just be in demand at the moment? It'll switch from Unknown Ship to what's under construction once it begins if you don't have the blueprint, in my experience. If you do have it it'll always say what it is.

The shuyaku only started getting built after I bought its blueprint. I don't have it restricted to ANT or anything either. It's worked this way since at least 4.0, I remember only having a Rattlesnake blueprint and ZYA, FRF and FAF were my entire business.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Is the Terran economy relatively robust on its own? I'm thinking of setting off the TER vs ARG war which would also bring in the Borons due to the mutual defence pact. Want to make money selling materials but don't want the war to end too soon either.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ughhhh posted:

Is the Terran economy relatively robust on its own? I'm thinking of setting off the TER vs ARG war which would also bring in the Borons due to the mutual defence pact. Want to make money selling materials but don't want the war to end too soon either.

In my experience they're fairly robust on their own, however they also DEFINITELY benefit from any ore-based production you make. So if you make a big silicon and... microlattice? factory with miners in their space, that should be a good boost for their warfighting ability. (While also giving you a major cash injection! My Terran refined goods megacomplex is my main cash cow, so I love the Terrans haha)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Doesn't the terran economy have issues with energy cells since most of their sectors are absolute garbage for energy production?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Ironically the far solar system sectors do better than the mid ones because they're close to the Segaris sectors which have decent solar output

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Zereth posted:

Doesn't the terran economy have issues with energy cells since most of their sectors are absolute garbage for energy production?

Yeah, not much money is in it, though. I put up a big SPP at the edge of Segaris space (on the Terran end, that is) and that sells a lot of ecells. Doesn't make nearly as much compared to manufactured goods, but yeah it's also a bottleneck - good point

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
The Terran economy in my game is stalled and struggling to produce anything, but Segaris is booming and rapidly taking over Terran sectors. Not actually claiming ownership of the sectors but there's an awful lot of Segaris stations spreading all over the outer solar system. I'm wondering how much of that is effected by the handful of miners I have working in their trio of original sectors.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sloppy portmanteau posted:

The shuyaku only started getting built after I bought its blueprint. I don't have it restricted to ANT or anything either. It's worked this way since at least 4.0, I remember only having a Rattlesnake blueprint and ZYA, FRF and FAF were my entire business.

Weird, I never bothered to buy most faction blueprints and I've been pumping out everything

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

RBA Starblade posted:

Weird, I never bothered to buy most faction blueprints and I've been pumping out everything

I last played quite long ago, after Split but before Terrans were added, and the shipyard I had was only selling the ships I had blueprints for.
And NPCs were buying their own faction's ships, nobody ordered Split ships because it was far from Split space, but Paranid corvettes were selling like hotcakes.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
I'm building my first station. It has 11 hull part modules and the necessary number of pre-req modules and miners to keep it fed, with plans to add worker accommodations later and I had a few questions:

Is there anyway to speed up construction (aside from SETA)? All the materials have been delivered and a constructor is at the site, but at 15 minutes per module this is going to take hours to complete. I built the docking piers and medium/small docks first and loaded the place up with cargo drones but that seems to have no effect. Seems like I can't hire additional constructors to get some parallel construction going.

Is there anyway to reorder construction? I noticed its building the station in the same order I placed down modules and that means the hull parts fabs are going to be built last even though if one metal refinery and one graphene refinery are functioning we could jump into hull parts immediately and get some cash flow while the rest builds. I ended up tearing it apart and starting over to get the modules into a more rational order but that was kind of tedious.

There doesn't seem to be clean multipliers for most production chains so I'm going to have small surpluses of energy cells, refined metal, and graphene. Will the station manager sell off the excess intelligently or do I need to micromanage that? I notice the production screen does indicate the surpluses after a few cycles.

I set buy orders so the manager will only source materials from my own ships and that's working fine for the miners but the manager keeps sending his transports out to buy refined metals and graphene, which we're making ourselves in greater quantity than we need. Will he knock this off once the stock levels reach a certain point or do I need to take away his company credit card?

Workers seem to magic extra productions out of thin space. Does this mean I'll eventually have to rebalance the build around that or are all modules linear in improvement (every module gets +x% more wares) and I can ignore it?

That was more than expected. Big game, not great exposure of underlying systems. I'm a temporarily recovering Satisfactory addict (lol recovering) and not being able to tweak my input/outputs to balance goods is triggering my OCD pretty hard.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 2, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sauer posted:

I'm building my first station. It has 11 hull part modules and the necessary number of pre-req modules and miners to keep it fed, with plans to add worker accommodations later and I had a few questions:

Is there anyway to speed up construction (aside from SETA)? All the materials have been delivered and a constructor is at the site, but at 15 minutes per module this is going to take hours to complete. I built the docking piers and medium/small docks first and loaded the place up with cargo drones but that seems to have no effect. Seems like I can't hire additional constructors to get some parallel construction going.

Is there anyway to reorder construction? I noticed its building the station in the same order I placed down modules and that means the hull parts fabs are going to be built last even though if one metal refinery and one graphene refinery are functioning we could jump into hull parts immediately and get some cash flow while the rest builds. I ended up tearing it apart and starting over to get the modules into a more rational order but that was kind of tedious.

There doesn't seem to be clean multipliers for most production chains so I'm going to have small surpluses of energy cells, refined metal, and graphene. Will the station manager sell off the excess intelligently or do I need to micromanage that? I notice the production screen does indicate the surpluses after a few cycles.

I set buy orders so the manager will only source materials from my own ships and that's working fine for the miners but the manager keeps sending his transports out to buy refined metals and graphene, which we're making ourselves in greater quantity than we need. Will he knock this off once the stock levels reach a certain point or do I need to take away his company credit card?

Workers seem to magic extra productions out of thin space. Does this mean I'll eventually have to rebalance the build around that or are all modules linear in improvement (every module gets +x% more wares) and I can ignore it?

That was more than expected. Big game, not great exposure of underlying systems.

Oh yeah???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Queen Polypheides is my wife Dandy; I'll never let you have her!