Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I assume at least one person voting me is scum so we could go there. But I think Toal is a good vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I assume at least one person voting me is scum so we could go there. But I think Toal is a good vote

Swear to me on Harold Krell's life that you are town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (4): Green Wing, Sandwolf, shwinnebego, Yami Fenrir
saladscooper (3): Maugrim, Green Wing, PlasticAutomaton, fool of sound, shwinnebego, Green Wing, shwinnebego
Toalpaz (2): Illusionis, Mr. Humalong, Illusionis, b-minus1
CubicalSucrose (2): Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, saladscooper, Illusionis
fool of sound (1): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, Cloacamazing!
shwinnebego (1): Green Wing, Green Wing, CapitalistPig
CapitalistPig (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, shwinnebego, shwinnebego
Sandwolf (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
MockingQuantum (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Cloacamazing! (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Green Wing (0): Yami Fenrir, saladscooper, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, saladscooper, Yami Fenrir
Maugrim (0): b-minus1, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, b-minus1
Illusionis (0): shwinnebego, saladscooper, shwinnebego, saladscooper
Tired Moritz (0): saladscooper, Cloacamazing!, Cloacamazing!, saladscooper
Yami Fenrir (0): Illusionis, Illusionis, shwinnebego, shwinnebego

Not Voting (4): CubicalSucrose, MockingQuantum, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 04th, 2023 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 hour, 48 minutes.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm caught up and considering things, I do feel the similarity to Stellaris 2 Binus that Yami mentioned, but I do feel rather iffy about some of the votes on him.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

shwinnebego posted:

again my historical record of reading binus is very bad so i can appreciate that people don't wanna listen to me

but

i really think binus is town in this game

shwinnebego posted:

alright buddy you drive a hard bargain but you've got yourself a deal ##vote binus

shwinnebego posted:

for the loving record i am only voting binus because no one is going for salad or cpig

for. the. record. aight i'm gonna get lunch and then do some work/go to meetings, won't really be around except the occasional phone check till deadline

Like this is just bothering me when Salad is the second highest wagon and would be highest if Shwinn was still on Salad

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

tbh I'm probably OMGusing but Yami's also kinda bothering me a bit.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I'm here for deadline, currently catching up. Sorry, kind of tired from Hoverboard. Not really feeling either option so far.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm here for deadline, currently catching up. Sorry, kind of tired from Hoverboard. Not really feeling either option so far.

Nice new av.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Ahahahaha, holy poo poo, I seem to have a new avatar.

Thanks!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I’ve reread salad and hmmm I don’t think they’re too scummy besides the hilarious ironic scumclaim. Think I gotta move my vote but where to

##unvote should have time to scour posts in a bit

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Maugrim posted:

I’ve reread salad and hmmm I don’t think they’re too scummy besides the hilarious ironic scumclaim. Think I gotta move my vote but where to

##unvote should have time to scour posts in a bit

I reread salad too and got the opposite feeling, though I couldn't point to any specifically scummy posts really, just an iffy feeling

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I think salad looks slightly worse than binus, the sheer amount of people going "Here's an itemized list of examples where binus sounds different from town binus" makes me suspect there's scum trying to get rid of him early. Salad's a bit vibes I guess?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The amount of people coming in and very willfully misreading the case on binus makes me nigh-certain that binus is scum. Coupled with the fact that he still can’t point to anyone as scum with even a shred of conviction.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Cloacamazing! posted:

I think salad looks slightly worse than binus, the sheer amount of people going "Here's an itemized list of examples where binus sounds different from town binus" makes me suspect there's scum trying to get rid of him early. Salad's a bit vibes I guess?

Who are these "sheer number" of people saying this?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Green Wing posted:

Who are these "sheer number" of people saying this?

Sand, Yami, shwin, GW. That's a pretty high number considering it's D1.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

Sand, Yami, shwin, GW. That's a pretty high number considering it's D1.

I have said nothing if the sort, for one thing.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

Just got off work and the upshot of what I've seen so far today is that honestly, I'm more confident about my binus vote than before, largely on the same basis that I put down the vote originally, that has been echoed by others - townreads a'plenty, scumreads a'few. I do feel bad for somebody that leaves games early a lot, but in the last game we were in together he made it longer so I don't feel too bad, and this scummy impression that only increased since I was last able to read the thread. That's good enough for a D1 vote in my eyes.

Green Wing posted:

One to watch here, ive seen Scumnus put out these very assertive town reads on people under suspicion d1 before now in order to get town cred if one of them flips
If in right about this then I can only think that saying "aalad and gw" would be too obvious.
Ironically it does actually make me think salad is town so I'm going to switcheroo. ##vote binus
Townreads on d1 - scummy!

Reposting my reasoning for voting here. This is not anything like what cloaca is claiming it is.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

The amount of people coming in and very willfully misreading the case on binus makes me nigh-certain that binus is scum. Coupled with the fact that he still can’t point to anyone as scum with even a shred of conviction.

is it willful misreading if I'm just not very smart

I'll accept that I'm just not very experienced in the ways of binus and I'm much more likely to be wrong here than our more experienced binus-knowers, so I'd vote for him to avoid a no-execute and either eat crow or gloat afterwards

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Putting down a shitload of townreads d1 is scummy whoever it comes from, it also happens to specifically line up eith a scumtell, but it's also *scummy behaviour from anybody*

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Green Wing posted:

Reposting my reasoning for voting here. This is not anything like what cloaca is claiming it is.

uhhhh yeah it is lol

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Green Wing posted:

Okay, so your post is "Here is a list of things I have seen scumbinus do" instead of "Here is what townbinus does different". Same difference? You're being weirdly defensive about this.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I assume the "itemized list of examples" part is what's in contention but I guess I read that as hyperbole

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

Okay FINE I'll read this thread

Started with b-:

B- feels like they're just going along with the flow rather than having their own opinions, which feels really unlike them.

Cloaca I'm.alsp looking for the "itemised list of how this differs from townbinus" in yami and can only find this please advise

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

Okay, so your post is "Here is a list of things I have seen scumbinus do" instead of "Here is what townbinus does different". Same difference? You're being weirdly defensive about this.

It was a weird thing to assert that differs from my perception of thread reality so wildly that I'm genuinely puzzled by it.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

Genuinely, what list? I feel like I'm going crazy here

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
You know what, this is getting too weird. ##vote GW

If you're legitimately scumreading binus, you shouldn't have a problem standing by that read. You're trying to sound like you're not pushing him too much incase he flips town is what I'm guessing.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I'm absolutely standing by that read, but you're describing an argument I and others simply didn't make in order to minimise it

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Pretty comfortable voting binus (on the back of Sand's reads, with a strong caveat that Sand is still null regardless of what binus flips) or Salad, or Toalp.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Sandwolf posted:

This imo.

Plus I feel like a lot of attacks on the b- votes is happening here rather than actual scumhunting from some folks imo.

Just makes me want to vote B- even harder tbh.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

You know what, this is getting too weird. ##vote GW

If you're legitimately scumreading binus, you shouldn't have a problem standing by that read. You're trying to sound like you're not pushing him too much incase he flips town is what I'm guessing.

Bonkers description of what is going on, I'm sticking on this vote because I think he's scum.

For future readers reference, this is the post that started this kerfuffle, which is the false creation of a sheer number of people (which there is not) using a solely meta read (which is not the case). It's a weak dismissal of vote leader argumenrs and the creation of a false narrative.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Binus/plastic/cloaca/shinn-or-yami for my scum reads coming to the final hour.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I don't really know what's going on right now but I'm gonna ##vote binus

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Green Wing posted:

Bonkers description of what is going on, I'm sticking on this vote because I think he's scum.

For future readers reference, this is the post that started this kerfuffle, which is the false creation of a sheer number of people (which there is not) using a solely meta read (which is not the case). It's a weak dismissal of vote leader argumenrs and the creation of a false narrative.

Binus/plastic/cloaca/shinn-or-yami for my scum reads coming to the final hour.

Bruh I was one of the earliest people to go after b-

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Well clearly you're bussing then :D

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

CubicalSucrose posted:

Pretty comfortable voting binus (on the back of Sand's reads, with a strong caveat that Sand is still null regardless of what binus flips) or Salad, or Toalp.

How is Sand null if Binus flips scum with this strong push on him. Kinda feels like you're not even considering the possibility that Binus will flip scum.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

Bruh I was one of the earliest people to go after b-

Youre there with schinn because I think there has to be an early safety bus there by now. That's what I'd do. Thus falls down if he flips town. Plus you both give me vibes. Weakest reads there tbh.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

This imo.

Plus I feel like a lot of attacks on the b- votes is happening here rather than actual scumhunting from some folks imo.

Just makes me want to vote B- even harder tbh.

Clo’s posts have felt a bit “maybe I can get in there and shift the narrative,” but I’ll reserve that judgement for after a flip.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Illusionis posted:

How is Sand null if Binus flips scum with this strong push on him. Kinda feels like you're not even considering the possibility that Binus will flip scum.

I’ve noted it, if binus flips town, that’s who I’m gonna look at next.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Clo’s posts have felt a bit “maybe I can get in there and shift the narrative,” but I’ll reserve that judgement for after a flip.

Same, but this EOD feels super fishy y'know?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Green Wing posted:

Youre there with schinn because I think there has to be an early safety bus there by now. That's what I'd do. Thus falls down if he flips town. Plus you both give me vibes. Weakest reads there tbh.

I can see this too but again I’m going to reserve making calls off of binus until I see binus flip or see someone pushing binus flip scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Same, but this EOD feels super fishy y'know?

Something certainly feels off but I can’t tell what it is. I have no reason to actually think this beyond paranoia but it feels like it could be town protecting a scum binus, or scum protecting a town binus or something weird like that.

Like, if I (and everyone else voting binus) is wrong, it’d be so easy for scum to sit here providing token opposition without shifting the vote. Feel like shwinne may have been guilty of this before switching his vote?