Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

No Wave posted:

I'd be able to engage with HA critical stuff more seriously when they arent the only thing holding humanity back from extinction.

Is that not exactly what they're setting up in this chapter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Caidin posted:

Saitama instantly handled them as they arose in what would become uncharacteristic timeliness, though. VM only seemed to have time to wreck a street before getting splattered, Beefcake instantly blew up to several miles tall and only had time to stomp around a minute before also getting chunked.

A street?!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

sirtommygunn posted:

Is that not exactly what they're setting up in this chapter?
I doubt rollerskates is a match for the monster association but sure, maybe.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Not sure if in the manga/web comic, but the opening scene of OPM anime was a bunch of heroes that were taken out strewn about (I think Smile Man and a few others) before showing Vaccine Man. So heroes were on the scene there.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the insidiousness of AI

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

A street?!

Ugh, fine. Two streets.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

Jerusalem posted:

The loving billboards and commercials :lol:

I wish this was anyone except Tatsumaki, butt it was right there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

RareAcumen posted:

A street?!

a couple blocks then, same poo poo

tasumaki got a quarter rear end

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
An AI spliced in chapter 43 for me. That's better.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if Fubuki would be stronger not wearing heels

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

??????????????

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

Next you'll be asking if she wouldn't be more combat ready if her dress wasn't painted on :rolleye:

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

Next you'll be asking if she wouldn't be more combat ready if her dress wasn't painted on :rolleye:

Everyone's clothes are painted on
Dohoho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

oh jay posted:

Imagine telling someone to give up on saving some people because they can't save all people.

I keep being told that people die when they are killed and I just don't know how to handle that

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Mr. Lobe posted:

Some would argue that she would be more combat ready in a tank top.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Killer robot posted:

Tanktop Master: The world isn't ready for that much power.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder which S Class would be lured over to the new association.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Axel being offered S Class is a real sign of desperation. Can you imagine sending him and his little club at that giant rat monster from a couple chapters ago?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Bucswabe posted:

Axel being offered S Class is a real sign of desperation. Can you imagine sending him and his little club at that giant rat monster from a couple chapters ago?

Metal Bat is S Class

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

Metal Bat is S Class

Metal Bat doesn't lead a gang of 50 and lose 5 guys to a Disaster Level Demon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wonder where Sweet Mask is. With how strict he is about what an S class should be like, I can't imagine he's cool with this plan.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Caidin posted:

Metal Bat doesn't lead a gang of 50 and lose 5 guys to a Disaster Level Demon.

Exactly. I actually believed that Metal Bat could have handled that situation.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wonder where Sweet Mask is. With how strict he is about what an S class should be like, I can't imagine he's cool with this plan.

I honestly thought that was Sweet Mask saying, "Of course the commercial is great, I produced it" in the recent chapter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Killer robot posted:

I think wearing a tank top under her dress would give her the boost needed to break into S-Class

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

TheKingslayer posted:

I honestly thought that was Sweet Mask saying, "Of course the commercial is great, I produced it" in the recent chapter.

Isn't it?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

No Wave posted:

Everyone in Japan is completely hosed and dead without the three dozen S class heroes that exist

Japan doesn't exist on OPM Earth, there's just a massive supercontinent in the shape of the RL Saitama prefecture.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Metal Bat would be in the body improvement club

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheKingslayer posted:

it is, but I think the other guy is asking if Sweet Mask is ok with them bringing Axel in as an S class hero, given how strict he is about gatekeeping that rank

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Metal Bat would be in the body improvement club

His closest analogue in that series is a member of that club

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestonJew posted:

it is, but I think the other guy is asking if Sweet Mask is ok with them bringing Axel in as an S class hero, given how strict he is about gatekeeping that rank

Yeah, this was my point, sorry if it wasn't clear. There's no reason why Sweet Mask wouldn't want more heroes, but he's been very clear about thinking the S-ranks are a very exclusive club and he's the gatekeeper to it. Some random guy that doesn't even respect the Hero Association seems like the exact kind of person he'd never allow in.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sweet mask can block standard promotions from a to s. he can't do anything about the arbitrary appointment of complete outsiders to s class.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

His closest analogue in that series is a member of that club

he would be a member of it along side, not instead of.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

sweet mask can block standard promotions from a to s. he can't do anything about the arbitrary appointment of complete outsiders to s class.

Exactly, I don't think he ever got a say for Genos, right?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Super Rad posted:

Exactly, I don't think he ever got a say for Genos, right?

They did consult Sweet Mask on Genos IIRC.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Genos is popular, powerful, and most importantly hot so he easily passed Mask's requirements yeah.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

His problem is also he's far TOO self-sacrificing to the point of suicide for anyone not backed up in a black box, which is like the least problematic S-Class type trait (from the perspective of SM and the association at least)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

skaianDestiny posted:

They did consult Sweet Mask on Genos IIRC.

My recollection is they told him they had invited a new S class, but didn't actually consult him on the appointment. He showed up and sort of interviewed Genos after the fact

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

How often does vs. come out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'not very'