Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am really excited for this, Ben Stiller Show is my favorite sketch show after Birthday Boys...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Literally stunned

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

wow an actually famous person. what better way to celebrate 500 than a fun throwback to the first 3 episodes

cams
Mar 28, 2003

listening to cbb for the first time in years because he had the hollywood handbook boys on

was listening to scott always this tedious

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I like Scott, and I like the boys, but them together is interminable to me. Just irony on snark on irony. I need some modicum of earnestness to enjoy either. I had to turn it off after not too long.

Give some of the other recent episodes a shot if you're so inclined, CBB has been really fun lately and I say that as a previously lapsed fan.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I’ve been listening to HH and their sister shows for a very long time now and I’m not sure if I’d even want to sit through a CBB with them

Looking forward to #500. Methinks Sean called in a very big favor for this one. Let’s see how it goes

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Crazyweasel posted:

I’ve been listening to HH and their sister shows for a very long time now and I’m not sure if I’d even want to sit through a CBB with them

Looking forward to #500. Methinks Sean called in a very big favor for this one. Let’s see how it goes

Probably got the connection working on the God of War commercial this past fall.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Crazyweasel posted:

Speak on that

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i think scott and the boys mix well when there’s a good premise to hang their styles on (the early hh where scott and jeff ulrich negotiate the boys next contract being a good example) but if they’re trying to find something during the show it can get rough fast

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I’m liking the will Hines dirtbag era

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Hines stuck to his character bit too much in this one, I personally would have been interested in hearing more about clawed foot bath tubs

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

feedmyleg posted:

I like Scott, and I like the boys, but them together is interminable to me. Just irony on snark on irony. I need some modicum of earnestness to enjoy either. I had to turn it off after not too long.

Give some of the other recent episodes a shot if you're so inclined, CBB has been really fun lately and I say that as a previously lapsed fan.

In their last ... two? appearances I remember Scott playing a straight man who got pissed off about their nonsense. Him playing along with them is much less funny

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Have to say, 500 seems to be the most accessible episode to me in ages in having someone famous, it obviously cracking them up, and making a virtue of how impenetrably stupid some of their stuff is. I think. anyway.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

cams posted:

listening to cbb for the first time in years because he had the hollywood handbook boys on

was listening to scott always this tedious
Ha this whole line of reasoning is surprising to me, I think the boys are one of the few people who can get one of those genuine Scott laughs, like you hear on Threedom sometimes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm just disappointed that Scott didn't ask them about dropping the act until plugs, because if it had come up earlier in the show I feel like they would've taken it to 11.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

All time bye on handbook today

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
What an absolute corker of an ep. Perfect encapsulation of what HH is about.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Good ep, realized right after the commercial break the premise is also just for them to prime potential new listeners on what they are in for “ok so the first three have famous people, then it gets kind weird for a long time”. But its also just a good on the face of it in that I assumed Adam Scott was always in their orbit, especially with Ghosted, and wondering if he’d ever jump on for Try Month

Also I have to say, very courageous of Kevin to drop some of those jokes on Stiller

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Thanks doggie killed me

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Hillarious a huge get and it's almost impenetrable if you haven't been listening for ages

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Hamburger sandwich

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Really liked today's CBB presents with Will. I love hearing experienced improvers sabotage the games.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah that was a fantastic CBB Presents, and feels endlessly refillable. CBB mainstays coming in to gleefully play out the worst improv moves/tendencies they've experienced during their careers.

Christine starting their second attempt at the one word story game with a confident "Dirty." was especially great.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah Sitcom D&D did a few episodes like that last year. It ends up having experienced improvers recreate terrible improv classes is a hilarious gimmick.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

drainpipe posted:

What an absolute corker of an ep. Perfect encapsulation of what HH is about.

Yup. Really hit a lot of the notes that made me a loyal listener years ago. May the sun always shine on hamburger sandwich.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I hope one day I can stop contract-killing because I learned about love through the Nympho Dude podcast.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Erin's character (or just her) is such an incredible combination of depressed and horny on College Town.

Also love the boys coming in super hot on HH.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Erin's character (or just her) is such an incredible combination of depressed and horny on College Town.

I was Googling "if this is love meatballs YA book cover" when I realized "Wait, I bet if I check her Instagram she's done the work for me." (The boy on the cover is such a nothing.) Erin's a delight. That episode a few weeks back doing the "questions to fall in love" quiz with no guest was one of the best yet, because that was an hour of pure "Erin and Seth have an earnest goof-around chat and sometimes pull in a character detail."

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm so glad HH is on Headgum now, I forgot how much I missed the boys bullying podcast network owners and engineers.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I thought their segment was fine but they were better bouncing off the other guests

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hello all. I made a feedback thread for RGD. Since this sub might be full of people who live in their bookmarks, I am linking it in here too. Come tell me about RGD.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

This is a weird question, but did MyPillow ever advertise on Earwolf shows? I feel like I remember Paul Scheer promoting MyPillow on an HDTGM ad years ago (like, pre-Trump, let alone QAnon).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
HH is just really spoiling me at this point with another Clea episode.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Earwolf adjacent: Newcomers is coming back on August 15, and they're going to be watching all of the Batman films for their season.

I dipped out of their Marvel season because I'm just not interested in MCU takes but did they generally like those? I feel like them watching a lot of Batmans back to back is going to turn into a bit of a slog for both them and the listeners.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Chairman Capone posted:

Earwolf adjacent: Newcomers is coming back on August 15, and they're going to be watching all of the Batman films for their season.

I dipped out of their Marvel season because I'm just not interested in MCU takes but did they generally like those? I feel like them watching a lot of Batmans back to back is going to turn into a bit of a slog for both them and the listeners.

The MCU season was kinda rough, at least to me. I wasn't concerned with whether or not they liked the movies (they mostly hated them iirc), the discussion just wasn't that interesting. They were much more engaged in the Star Wars and Fast/Furious seasons and it felt like they actually wanted to learn about their cultural blindspot, this felt more like it was an unwanted obligation to them (skipping movies because they're only required to do 20 episodes, adding just enough filler segments to hit 60 minutes for each, etc). Some of the guests weren't fans and hadn't seen the movies either, so the episodes are mainly reading the plot off Wikipedia and riffing on it.

Batman will hopefully be better since it's not all one single canon & style.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
prediction: they will increasingly love the first four batman movies and get increasingly bored during the last four

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I'm so glad HH is on Headgum now, I forgot how much I missed the boys bullying podcast network owners and engineers.

My most-anticipated podcast now is whenever HH can get Jake to do an episode. They've built up so much lore around Amir "sending him to New York" so quickly.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

scary ghost dog posted:

prediction: they will increasingly love the first four batman movies and get increasingly bored during the last four

Nicole is on record as having thought the most recent one owned and was not long enough. Of course, she might've been high or drunk in a theater, so rewatching at home for her job might be less fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Nicole is on record as having thought the most recent one owned and was not long enough. Of course, she might've been high or drunk in a theater, so rewatching at home for her job might be less fun.

its three hours long. ive listened to newcomers before, i know what to expect