Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Not related to DbD, a general question looking at Mucche's flip:

Somberbrero posted:

ilmucche, The Shadow of Connie Dottes, Mafia Traitor Parasite, was executed day two!

This role allows the player to establish out of thread communications with others. The Parasite may take a number of different actions targeting anyone with which they share a masonry.

Do we know of anyone who was masoned by him N1?

I'm guessing this question should be easy unless the answer is exactly "Maer" (who I don't think gave any indication), but there is something scratching at the back of my head.

We know Ilmucche outright lied about his night action, because he said he blocked Sand and Sand was not blocked (he bumped against Maer, who saw him visit).

Why?

If he had masoned someone, that was an easy, provable night action. And no one came up to say it. No one claimed to have blocked Mucche either. And again "I got RBed" was at least a better lie than "I RBed Sand" which ended up sinking him.

Because if the aanswer is "he couldn't claim anything because he did the NK" then I have a lot of questions actually. Unconnected, lone traitors do not usually have a NK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
And jusst to check, I went and took a look at Deadmeat in The Outfit 2 (a Sombergame) and sure as hell, he was a traitor, in a masonry, and he only gained access to the NK if he was last scum standing.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Well, read that as "attempted the NK" I guess, since no one died.

But we also know Maer, precisely, did not die N2 to being poisoned N1 - she was untargettable N1. She clearly wasn't N2, not because she died (well, lol) but also since Sand stole the egg, which he failed to do N1.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm not quite parsing what's up with snooze and meen, but I assume if it matters later someone will point it out

Shellception posted:

Tbh, I hope the drat thing doesn't cause us to have a like +5 hated player at endgame.

I need to die or be executed at some point before then I think; I'd like to see if wolo dying stops the curse, but if not, there's a real chance I auto-execute and waste an entire day phase through auto-death at a horrible time

if we hit scum again and the curse keeps going I think the next execution probably should be me

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I still feel good on Bif, but I still don't really get Bif as a player. Doubted Maer loudly as town mostly because of the jabby, accusatory tone used against them, and has constantly said they think I'm scummy for being not-accusatory towards them and understanding of things, which will also be wrong if I flip, so I'm not really sure how Bif approaches these situations because if someone doesn't do either of those and ignores you, it's also sus lol.

I do not trust the D1 miller claim but also it's mostly the wine over said claim hovering over everything

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Deadbeat Dad posted:

If there is a miller, there is also most likely a godfather of sorts. Even if the cop isn't straightforward because it jails, investigative stuff can't be that easy.

Still a few things bothering me is Snooze isn't necessarily going to flip town according to them, and then Sandwolf is like "I'm town but even if I flipped 3P.." and it's a loving Somb game. People just dusting their hands off celebrating the Sand stuff and being like "Yeah, it has to be the guy who cursed someone", I don't know, it seems to good to be true which is why I've also been sitting back and trying to think this game out.

if sand stays he get executed tomorrow

if sand goes there's no point touching him today

I agree that this setup seems far too simple as-is and someone is lying, I just don't know who (besides wolo probably)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Jen X posted:

if sand stays he get executed tomorrow

if sand goes there's no point touching him today

Absolute agree here, if we even need to reread Sand it's not gonna be today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I still feel good on Bif, but I still don't really get Bif as a player. Doubted Maer loudly as town mostly because of the jabby, accusatory tone used against them, and has constantly said they think I'm scummy for being not-accusatory towards them and understanding of things, which will also be wrong if I flip, so I'm not really sure how Bif approaches these situations because if someone doesn't do either of those and ignores you, it's also sus lol.

It's all situational, mate. If people think I'm town based on my activity and content that's usually fine, but going on about it too much starts to feel like buddying up or playing it safe on content, being too shy to fakecase me. In your case, your very specific phrasing before of saying my posts had "obvious sincerity" just feels really implausible to me, since I'm far more used to people totally misreading me even when I believe my sincerity should be obvious.

Like with Maer. Since I do expect that from Maer, I didn't bother casing her until a few different pings had racked up. It wasn't for the tone, it was the content and phrasing. I pointed out more than once how Maer would repeat back something I'd said very clearly and directly, but presenting this information as if it was something I was trying to cleverly keep hidden. If stuff like that keeps happening, eventually I'm going to start thinking it's actually on purpose.

I realise this whole post is kind of pointless, but I can't resist someone wanting to try and make actual sense of my meta lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'll give some more thoughts tomorrow as long as there isn't a turbo before 4 pm or something, right now I'm very meh on who I think is scum but it's a very blah answer of wolo? I guess? But it seems everybody feels similar which is what's giving me pause.

Maybe that's what he's going for?

It's not like he ever got much traction when I voted him before, and him disagreeing with Sand about ilmucche doesn't actually prove much if ilmucche wasn't in the main scum doc, so I don't get why wolo would veer off so hard already into sounding like a dead scum walking who's gotta avoid giving any further reads.

But if he's town, it makes even less sense why he'd show up to post absolutely nothing about who's scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

We know Ilmucche outright lied about his night action, because he said he blocked Sand and Sand was not blocked (he bumped against Maer, who saw him visit).

Why?

If he had masoned someone, that was an easy, provable night action. And no one came up to say it. No one claimed to have blocked Mucche either. And again "I got RBed" was at least a better lie than "I RBed Sand" which ended up sinking him.

Because if the aanswer is "he couldn't claim anything because he did the NK" then I have a lot of questions actually. Unconnected, lone traitors do not usually have a NK.

Somberbrero posted:

ilmucche, The Shadow of Connie Dottes, Mafia Traitor Parasite, was executed day two!

This role allows the player to establish out of thread communications with others. The Parasite may take a number of different actions targeting anyone with which they share a masonry.

He might have been doing one of those "number of different actions" to Sandwolf?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

He might have been doing one of those "number of different actions" to Sandwolf?

Yeah, that's the easiest answer. But thing is, literally almost anything he could have claimed to do to Sand (short of poisoning him or something which falls into NK) was less scummy than claiming to block a player that wasn't blocked.

Like, Sand claimed to him that he was a thief, tracking or watching him wouldn't have been out of the question, nor rolecopping, nor even doccing. We know he was not redirected (he targetted Maer and found her) and we know he was not blocked. Sand was literally not messed with in any way we can see.

I know this is not a perfect theory, and it probably falls short at a lot of places, but I'm racking my brain a bit here to imagine what fits.

My point being, maybe we are discounting the vote dynamic analysis too fast by shrugging and being "oh well we cannot know".

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

poo poo like this is why I often prefer to just ignore night actions entirely

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

poo poo like this is why I often prefer to just ignore night actions entirely

And that's fine. I'm not necessarily talking to you, I'm aiming to address statements like those:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Otherwise, going by posting and the ilmucche vote which we still don't know anything about re: communication with other scum, then it's very hard.

Of which there are a few (DbD's is just the latest). I'm saying that instead of being "oh we really cannot know" maybe we can look at who voted what and when assuming we instead can know, or "what if we could know" if you want, and see if something pops up to attention there.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Jen X posted:

I agree that this setup seems far too simple as-is and someone is lying, I just don't know who (besides wolo probably)

I do agree with this. It'd be really easy if it turns out all the remaining scum are among the 2-3 players than haven't had their night stuff confirmed. But there is some interesting connections to be made if someone is lying about their stuff, because there are a few people who confirm each other. Updated from Plastic's post here:

Deadbeat Dad - ???
Ignatius M. Meen - N1 Copblock Plas (success, TOWN, block confirmed by Plas). N2 Copblock Snooze (success, TOWN, not confirmed).
Jen X (She/Her) - N1 Watched Shell visit Meen (success, confirmed by Shell). N2 Watched Shell visit herself (success, confirmed by Shell)
PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever) - N1 ??? (failure, block confirmed by Meen). N2 Seems to have gotten a copy of Wol's curse (success, not confirmed)
Sandwolf (He/Him) - N1 visited Maer (Failure, hiding, confirmed by Maer). N2 Stole EGG. (success, confirmed by winning lol).
Toalpaz (She/Her & They/Them) - N0 gave Ouija to Shell (confirmed by Shell). N1 gave flare to Bif (success, confirmed by Bif). N2 gave item to Plastic (success, confirmed by Plastic)
wologar (he/him/whatever) - ???
Shellception - N1 EccoCop Maer, Wol, Meen (failure, but visit triggered, visits confirmed by Maer and Jen), N2 EccoDoc Sand, Plastic, Shell (success, selfvisit confirmed by Jen, unconfirmed otherwise)
Bifauxnen - N1 ???, N2 used flare (success, public action)
Snooze - Claims a passive power. Unconfirmed but registered as not moving N2.

Most notable connections I see:

- Toal is actually accounted for all nights. N0 did not count in terms of kills, but it counts as I got the Ouija N0. If Bif got her flare N1 like I assume (one action per night) then it going out N2 confirms Toal's N1 action, there is no lying here as it was public. The only lying possibility here is N2 Plastic - this would require both Toal and Plastic being scum together, and for exactly Plastic to be a godfather that fools TownMeen's cop, which while not impossible, is convoluted as all hell.

- JenX and I literally confirm each other both nights as not being killers. If Jen or I are lying, so is the other. We're in a bubble unrelated to the rest.

- Meen is not accounted for in the copping side, but he is off the kill N1 tho as he blocked Plas. The only way this is a lie is if both Meen and Plas are lying and scum together. Likewise, Plastic and Snooze cannot both be scum together unless one is a godfather. Or unless all three of them are scum, which would make the setup have 4 scum (Meen, Plastic, Snooze plus Mucche) in 13 players (plus one absconding player), which seems really high to me. Meen and Snooze can both be lying about N2 and scum together. I do personally think this is not very probable, tho.

- Sand is confirmed by Maer both nights, not that it matters, obviously Maer is not lying about him.

- Plastic is blocked N1 and copped town by Meen. If he lies about this, so does Meen. He receives an item from Toal N2. If he lies about this, so does Toal, and so does Meen's result. Again, unless exactly Plastic is a godfather, back to the four scum situation (Plas, Toal, Meen plus Mucche).

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Based on the above, some questions I'd raise to people who are better at looking at player connections than I am:

- Does it make sense for Jen and I to be scum together? (I know we are not, but I absolutely don't expect everyone to take me at my word here)
- Does it make sense for Plas and Meen to be scum together?
- Does it make sense for Snooze and Meen to be scum together?
- If Toal was to be scum - who with? Because it sure looks like she is actually unpaired from that scheme. For a Maer kill to happen N2 she'd literally need to be scum with wol, meen or dbd who are the only people no one can vouch for. Plastic is accounted for N2, Bif is accounted for N2, if I or Jen am not then it's again 4 scum with Toal, Snooze didn't move and if she is a ninja then Meen is lying on his TOWN result (again 4 scum).

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

And another from there:

Snooze didn't move AND was towncopped. There is zero possibility for her to have killed unless she is both a ninja and a godfather, or literally scum with Meen and no one else.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Somberbrero posted:

There was a job to do at the end of the day.

They started in the morgue. There wasn’t much of a discussion to be had on that point, anything else would be ignoring the obvious. People died at sea, and vessels of a certain size had to find a means to deal with it. Death was a part of life, right? Slowly, Kirchhoff led them downward, moving in tight formation through access corridors and down endless flights of stairs until they found their way down to the lowest ship deck.

Amongst all these Sensitives, it would have been impossible to ignore the sensation of discomfort that passed through the agents. The morgue was unusually large, something you would expect to find in a hospital rather than a passenger ship. The aura here was rotten, psychic residue covered the surface of most of the equipment in a thin, discolored film.

They went to work silently and intuitively, breaking into compatible groups to tackle the job.
There were minor spirits hiding, poltergeists that were eradicated through scientific ritual and funnel spirits that were consumed in psychic waves. Salt and iron flew about the morgue. Kirchhoff stood back, frowning. Working in teams was standard procedure, but it was also an excuse to discuss the real threat.

- -

Sinan was laying traps when he realized he was by himself. The door to the freezer unit he was working in slammed shut. Outside the door window, Kirchoff was staring at him. Sinan understood immediately, but that did not diminish his sense of panic. He reached for his livelihood, the enormously heavy bag he carried with him everywhere. It was gone, right outside the door.

“No. I can’t- Micah! MICAH!” He knew it was pointless, but Sinan slammed against the freezer door with thick-roped shoulders, causing it to shudder. Those on the other side could see the thick metal door buck and shimmy around where Kirchoff had easily twisted the handle, but it stayed put.

They went through his equipment bag, finding it full of heavy chains. These were the work of an enchanter, master-wrought artifacts that would ward off any spirit, with a curious textured aura that left vivid psychic imprints on Kirchoff’s hands. A powerful tool, but one useless without the key phrases and charms needed to activate them.

“We have no way of knowing what this really means,” Kirchoff said thickly. “If he survives the night, we can come back for him.” With the handle broken off, the point was moot.

Inside the freezer, Sinan watched as an orb floated down through the ceiling. He stayed still, and watched with relief as his capture-trap snapped shut around it. A minute later, another white orb pushed its way down through the ceiling, then another, and then another. With his last moments, he inscribed a message into the wall and, with shaking hands, put a silver coin under his tongue.

Opopanax, Sinan Hung, Town Enchainter, was executed day one!

The Enchainter has access to an ability that extends protection to their target while marking them with a passive observation effect.

please submit night actions now. 24 hours is the goal.

Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (7): wologar, Jen X, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Deadbeat Dad, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn
Bifauxnen (1): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, wologar, ilmucche, wologar
ilmucche (1): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Snooze Cruise, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn
PlasticAutomaton (1): wologar, wologar, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Sandwolf, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
wologar (1): Bifauxnen, PlasticAutomaton, Ignatius M. Meen, Bifauxnen, PlasticAutomaton, Bifauxnen, Jen X, Jen X, Bifauxnen
Jen X (1): Deadbeat Dad, Maerlyn, Shellception, Maerlyn, Deadbeat Dad
Shellception (1): Opopanax, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Sandwolf (0): ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, ilmucche, Opopanax, Opopanax, ilmucche, Toalpaz, ilmucche, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Deadbeat Dad (0): Jen X, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Jen X
Toalpaz (0): Jen X, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Jen X
Snooze Cruise (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Shellception, Shellception
Ignatius M. Meen (0): wologar, Shellception, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Bifauxnen, Shellception, Sandwolf, Toalpaz, Sandwolf, Maerlyn, Sandwolf, Toalpaz, wologar, Maerlyn, ilmucche, ilmucche
Execute No One! (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 11th, 2023 at 10:01 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Somberbrero posted:

Votecount for Day 2

ilmucche (7): Maerlyn, Sandwolf, Shellception, Bifauxnen, Ignatius M. Meen, Toalpaz, Jen X
Sandwolf (1): Deadbeat Dad, Toalpaz, Deadbeat Dad, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, ilmucche, ilmucche, wologar, wologar
Maerlyn (1): Toalpaz, Snooze Cruise, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, Jen X, Bifauxnen, Jen X
Jen X (1): Anonymous
Bifauxnen (0): Toalpaz, wologar, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, wologar
Deadbeat Dad (0): Bifauxnen, Maerlyn, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Maerlyn, Bifauxnen
Toalpaz (0): Jen X, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Jen X
Snooze Cruise (0): Sandwolf, Toalpaz, Shellception, Sandwolf, Shellception, Toalpaz
wologar (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Ignatius M. Meen (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn

Not Voting (3): Deadbeat Dad, ilmucche, wologar

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 15th, 2023 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 19 minutes.

Doing some cross vote analysis.... Carrying the one.... I really do feel like jen is the worst voter here. Jen then big but at least she used the FLARE.

I can confirm I gave plastic something.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Wolo, meen, and dbd are all kind of suspicious people.

I just think I know what dbd is doing and it's harmless.

That basically leaves wolo for scum on/off vote hiding.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Bifauxnen posted:

Wolo is even more scummy now since he seems to be outright refusing to play

My game of ghosts has just begun
Wraiths run from my head down to my toes
Ectoplasm pumping through my veins
Driving me insane...

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
The only thing that jumps out at me is DBD (and to a lesser extent, Jen) repeating "it can't be that easy". I don't remember who or which game it was, but someone commented somewhat recently that scum are the ones who usually make those kinds of statements.

But really, if I was any of you, I'd just be voting me.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
So, here goes: I visited Maer last night :angel:

I was looking for the Red Dragon Egg, but it looks like Sand got there first, or the egg was in another castle.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

So, here goes: I visited Maer last night :angel:

I was looking for the Red Dragon Egg, but it looks like Sand got there first, or the egg was in another castle.

Question. Did your action succeed?

Question the second - do you have an alt wincon?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

Question. Did your action succeed?

Question the second - do you have an alt wincon?

Yes.

No.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

wologar posted:

Yes.

No.

Are you a town thief

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I see.

Sand, since you've won already - any problem on confirming to us what kinda egg Maer had?

Wol, would it change anything if you claimed your N1 target?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Toalpaz posted:

Are you a town thief

No. I was looking for the egg because it would have given me an unstated boon. I can take no other items.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

I see.

Sand, since you've won already - any problem on confirming to us what kinda egg Maer had?

My N1 target was Sand!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Turns out the ship was actually an Easter Egg hunt huh

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Ok, I asked this before, but I think I talked a shitton today.

What was your rationale behind cursing Jen D1?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also, "have your eggs reddened? Swollen?" or is it a case of pelos en la lengua?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

Ok, I asked this before, but I think I talked a shitton today.

What was your rationale behind cursing Jen D1?

You give me a public day CURSE action, I'm going to use it, no matter how scummy it looks. I didn't know who to use it on so I posted this:

wologar posted:

Ok, with one hour remaining, let's spice things up:

Who wants to see something cool?

And Jen was the first to answer the call:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

Also, "have your eggs reddened? Swollen?" or is it a case of pelos en la lengua?

Gross.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

You give me a public day CURSE action, I'm going to use it, no matter how scummy it looks. I didn't know who to use it on so I posted this:

And Jen was the first to answer the call:

Aight, that part kind of... tracks. Did you know the curse was gonna just make her get a hated pileup, and if so, should we worry about it?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

My N1 target was Sand!

And since I'm asking - why Sand?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

Aight, that part kind of... tracks. Did you know the curse was gonna just make her get a hated pileup, and if so, should we worry about it?

Yeah, I knew. I tried to gloss over it so I could keep playing, but it was going to become self-evident anyway.

Worry how? The curse has no extra effects that I know of. And I can't curse anymore. Maybe getting the egg would have changed it somehow (or powered it up), but alas.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

And since I'm asking - why Sand?

Had to target someone. :shrug:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

Yeah, I knew. I tried to gloss over it so I could keep playing, but it was going to become self-evident anyway.

Worry how? The curse has no extra effects that I know of. And I can't curse anymore. Maybe getting the egg would have changed it somehow (or powered it up), but alas.

Worry as in "does that go on indefinitely and are we at danger of getting the shortest day ever in the future"

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

Worry as in "does that go on indefinitely and are we at danger of getting the shortest day ever in the future"

Oh, yes! Pretty cool, isn't it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

I see.

The same egg wolo refers to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

wologar (3): Jen X, PlasticAutomaton, Ignatius M. Meen
Jen X (2): Anonymous, Anonymous

Not Voting (7): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Sandwolf, Shellception, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz, wologar

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 18th, 2023 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.