Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

He was hanging around a couple chapters ago.

Ya he’s been conspicuously absent from all this prep stuff. So definitely expecting his reappearance to be be pretty cool and hopefully shock Sukuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, Gojo has to lose so Roboco can come in for the save with her ultimate technique. It's all being set up this week, if you read the extended universe material.

I would be ok with Roboco showing up.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This chapter sucks!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

That's the thing though; if she's dead, we haven't really seen anyone mourn her or otherwise acknowledge it. I'm fine with the method of death being sudden/unceremonious, but the reactions are weird.

During the preparation arc, Megumi's response (or lack thereof) made Yuji assume she is dead.

Hamelekim posted:

They mention on one of the pages that one person hasn't fully recovered yet. I take that as being her, otherwise who would it be?

Based on the context, the person who has not fully recovered is as old if not older than Gojo, Shoko, and Ijichi and is affiliated with their group. It could be Tsukumo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, Gojo has to lose so Roboco can come in for the save with her ultimate technique. It's all being set up this week, if you read the extended universe material.

I knee-l.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New one have not even read it yet
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7375/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-223

Edit: It was super cool.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 19, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
lol at Gojo finally killing all the higher ups. gently caress em.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

LET'S loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOjo

Artelier fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 19, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

lol at Gojo finally killing all the higher ups. gently caress em.

They kept pretending they were in control. They were given ample warning what the consequences of their hubris was.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What an opening move, god drat.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

RIP jujutsu seele

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Holy poo poo Gojo really just pulling off with a heavily buffed hollow purple to test the waters and then taunt Sukuna after. This fight is gonna be nuts, also yeah we finally got Utahime's technique revealed and that's pretty drat strong.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ChaseSP posted:

Holy poo poo Gojo really just pulling off with a heavily buffed hollow purple to test the waters and then taunt Sukuna after. This fight is gonna be nuts, also yeah we finally got Utahime's technique revealed and that's pretty drat strong.

Your opponent is super powerful sorceror at the peak of his art

Basically a god, he can obliterate things with a silent thought

he starts chanting

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 19, 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm looking forward to the anime hopefully clearing up a lot of the fight scenes when it gets there

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I can't wait for Sukuna to pull out his HOWEVER on Gojo and for a brief panel it looks like he'll get a decisive kill, only to slip on a banana peel and as he falls to the ground he spots Takaba in the distance honking a clown nose.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

without me doing a big reread why is sukuna so absurdly overpowered?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jose posted:

In general it seems ancient sorcerers tend to be a lot stronger than modern ones unless you're a genetic freak like Gojo. The Heian era was the "golden age" of jujutsu and there's probably been a lot of knowledge lost between then and now.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

He's just quite literally history's greatest monster

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

Born with the right technique and no disregard for anyone else in an era where everything was PvP.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Sukuna also seems to have an understanding of curses that nobody else in the manga claims.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jose posted:

jjk's is a world where you can be gifted with magic powers that are only more powerful if you actively have disdain for other people because they run on the energy from negative emotions. sukuna is the most gifted of a bygone era where sorcerers constantly fought each other and he loves hurting people

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

grieving for Gandalf posted:

jjk's is a world where you can be gifted with magic powers that are only more powerful if you actively have disdain for other people because they run on the energy from negative emotions. sukuna is the most gifted of a bygone era where sorcerers constantly fought each other and he loves hurting people

People aren't ready for the fact that Dogbert would be amongst the most powerful sorcerers in existence

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Sure, he's arguably the most talented sorcerer ever, but we'll all be crapping ourselves when he busts out the Blessed energy techniques on Gojo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

really hope we get to see kashimo go all out. maybe after gojo dies unexpectedly and he wins.

i think its kashimo i'm thinking of the lightning guy

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I would say it's more about how maladjusted you are. Takaba doesn't seem to have any malice and is just plain nutty.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gojo has a perfect interlocking mechanism of cursed techniques that has basically no weaknesses outside of Gojo having a conscience. He was only sealed because he was unwilling to commit mass murder to win. Otherwise he could've just waxed multiple very, very, very high tier cursed spirits and Kenjaku effortlessly.

Most of these busted ancient sorcerers would have struggled or lost to the disaster curses. Mahito was technically the weakest and only lost to a big tag team of students he went out of his way to torment.

Sukuna is a gigantic cursed energy battery with a very strong technique and such an in depth knowledge of curses he can do poo poo that is literally considered impossible by even the strongest/most knowledgeable sorcerers to ever live- like using his domain without creating a domain. He now also has a powered up version of Megumi's shadow shikigami, one of which just straight up figures out your techniques and counters them automatically.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah sukunas greatest power is that hes a genuine genius at curses and sorcery, being possibly beyond everyone barring kenjaku and tengen, even then its marginal.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lamebot posted:

I would say it's more about how maladjusted you are. Takaba doesn't seem to have any malice and is just plain nutty.

And now I'm realizing this clash of interpretations would determine which Chainsaw Man protagonist would be the more terrifying sorcerer.

Asa has more disdain for others, but Denji is way more batshit crazy.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i hope after JJK ends that Gege does more battle manga stuff. The weird jojo-like stuff he thinks of is very fun to read.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

UnderFreddy posted:

i hope after JJK ends that Gege does more battle manga stuff. The weird jojo-like stuff he thinks of is very fun to read.

He needs to become a disciple of Togashi, so that someone can continue writing HxH and Togashi can finally rest

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

And now I'm realizing this clash of interpretations would determine which Chainsaw Man protagonist would be the more terrifying sorcerer.

Asa has more disdain for others, but Denji is way more batshit crazy.

Innate Talent is also very important.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Wait did Gojo really kill the Jujutsu higher-ups? I thought Kenjaku wiped them all out already? Or is that why Gakuganji looked so moribund?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Unknown for now. It could be Gojo since he always hated them and definitely considered it pre-sealing, or maybe Kenjaku when he had a spare few minutes, or maybe even Inumaki and Okkotsu when they were in that weird place last chapter which has the same kind of dark vibes as the murder-scene. Everyone hated them lol.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

Wait did Gojo really kill the Jujutsu higher-ups? I thought Kenjaku wiped them all out already? Or is that why Gakuganji looked so moribund?

Chapter 191 has Kenjaku admit to having some people in HQ on his side and he says he removed those who were still backing the execution of Geto (his current body) or were responsible for putting Yuta on Yuji. But it didn't read at the time like a total slaughter of the conservative faction which the new chapter implies.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah this looks too messy for gojos work. I like the implication it was gakuganji, and gojos sly "maybe you should be in charge" was him saying he knows.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Whether or not gojo killed them, it’s very funny for him to basically say “I didn’t kill you because you will do what you’re told” to Gakuganji

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I love when characters bust out their best moves at the start, this fight is gonna be fun.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
narratively it doesn't make any sense for the cut from Gojo's comment to the dead higher-ups if he didn't do it. Like there's not really another take away from that framing, especially considering he's the character who has constantly threatened to murder them if they step out of line and now that they have whoops suddenly they're all corpses.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I figured Gojo murdering the higher ups the second he got out and realized what they did was a given. They really went for it and made a bunch of insanely bad decisions. He probably thought what Maki did was hilarious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah this looks too messy for gojos work. I like the implication it was gakuganji, and gojos sly "maybe you should be in charge" was him saying he knows.

This was my read as well.