Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The chapter does seem to suggest repeatedly that he's not actually 100 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean we see Mukaku fight one of the Worm Head's direct officers a few chapters earlier, so maybe there actually are 2 Mukakus running around right now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Flashback to Mukaku’s master teaching nine Gaoh Mukakus

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I mean we see Mukaku fight one of the Worm Head's direct officers a few chapters earlier, so maybe there actually are 2 Mukakus running around right now.

That's what I'm thinking. Mukaku from a couple chapters ago didn't know where Ryuki was. But this Mukaku immediately turned his back as if he was confirming a location when Ryuki was mentioned. This Mukaku having any knowledge of what happened in the forest would be explained by Tiger Niko sharing at the very least his version of what went down. Which might also explain why the narrative doesn't match what Ohma's Niko said in the previous series. Tiger Niko just wasn't around for what happened afterwards

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GoldenPrice posted:

By beating Gensai here agito will break his limits and achieve his true form.

I wanted to compile all the edits, lost interest on page 158 and didn't see any more. Really thought there had been a bunch more.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I miss Kuroki's Friend, hope he's doing well on the US military base

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tweet my meat posted:

Kuroki's Friend is Niko No. 3.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

Turns out he's Gerry Strydium, aka Yujiro's soldier friend

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

I wanted to compile all the edits, lost interest on page 158 and didn't see any more. Really thought there had been a bunch more.

No idea what page it is but my favourite edit was after the end of THE MARTYR OF MUSCLES JULIUS REINHOLD's Kengan Omega match where he sets up to high five Wakatsuki followed by the page of slapping Wakatsuki from the first series.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
still kind of wild julius was sinvolved in killing a guy by standing still with an F1 car chained to him

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

still kind of wild julius was sinvolved in killing a guy by standing still with an F1 car chained to him

It's just one more thing in the big list of 'pointless evil poo poo that served absolutely no purpose and had no real effect' that Hayami did.
Julius would rather just lift a bit more, but oh well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There's a certain aesthetic you have to have if you're gonna be the Heel.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Jose posted:

it was way cooler than anything Toa Mudo ever did

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Toa Mudo spammed like two or three moves.

Juilas didn't spam moves because moves are for weaklings.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Artelier posted:

No idea what page it is but my favourite edit was after the end of THE MARTYR OF MUSCLES JULIUS REINHOLD's Kengan Omega match where he sets up to high five Wakatsuki followed by the page of slapping Wakatsuki from the first series.

Forgot all about that one

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I want to see Julius fight someone who isn't a muscle bound freak like he is. And the ballet dancer doesn't count, that person got eliminated in the jobber rounds of Koga's b-team tournament.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

yum posted:

I want to see Julius fight someone who isn't a muscle bound freak like he is. And the ballet dancer doesn't count, that person got eliminated in the jobber rounds of Koga's b-team tournament.

I am sad we did not see Julius vs Carlos

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Julius vs Cosmo would be interesting. As good a grappler as he is, are Cosmo's limbs even long enough to wrap around Julius's neck for a chokehold, or to force enough hyperextension on Julius's joints for a lock?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There are some match ups that're a complete wash in the way that Mockey vs Rei was and I feel like Julius vs Cosmo is another one of them. Another one I think of like that is ballet guy vs Saw Paing.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

fizzy posted:

Julius vs Cosmo would be interesting. As good a grappler as he is, are Cosmo's limbs even long enough to wrap around Julius's neck for a chokehold, or to force enough hyperextension on Julius's joints for a lock?

If Seki can overpower Okubo’s grapples with pure power, I have no doubt Julius can outmuscle Cosmo. I feel Cosmo’s main chance is striking and fighting dirty, which Cosmo is willing to do. A swift dick kick is going to hurt regardless of size difference.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

team overhead smash posted:

If Seki can overpower Okubo’s grapples with pure power, I have no doubt Julius can outmuscle Cosmo. I feel Cosmo’s main chance is striking and fighting dirty, which Cosmo is willing to do. A swift dick kick is going to hurt regardless of size difference.

Someone as immensely steroided as Julius probably doesn't have sufficient dick or balls left to kick, though.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The way they have portrayed Julius is that he is basically superhuman with superhuman strength and durability so you need some opponent with really out there wacky super moves for them to stand a chance. The guys who are just really good regular fighters with decent punches, cardio and some regular techniques basically have no way of beating Julius

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think cosmo is physically capable of grappling julius. he's too large, so cosmo would not be able to get any sort of lock. also, julius could simply use his enormous body to pulp cosmo's limbs by flexing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zzulu posted:

The way they have portrayed Julius is that he is basically superhuman with superhuman strength and durability so you need some opponent with really out there wacky super moves for them to stand a chance. The guys who are just really good regular fighters with decent punches, cardio and some regular techniques basically have no way of beating Julius

Wakatsuki was legitimately one of the only characters in the KAT that stood a chance at beating Julius. I honestly think Gensai and Agito would struggle harder and even if they win they probably would be so injured that they would have to withdraw. Muteba was confident he had a way to take down Julius but same thing applies; if Julius can just grab you he's going to do to his opponent what the Hulk did to Loki.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

Wakatsuki was legitimately one of the only characters in the KAT that stood a chance at beating Julius. I honestly think Gensai and Agito would struggle harder and even if they win they probably would be so injured that they would have to withdraw. Muteba was confident he had a way to take down Julius but same thing applies; if Julius can just grab you he's going to do to his opponent what the Hulk did to Loki.

Gensai can punch holes in metal with his fingers, so I imagine he could beat Julius via blood loss (and he has a level of skill where I imagine Julius wouldn't be able to grab him).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Gensai can punch holes in metal with his fingers, so I imagine he could beat Julius via blood loss (and he has a level of skill where I imagine Julius wouldn't be able to grab him).

But I imagine that being able to hold back an F1 race car with your body via chains wrapped around it, makes you even more durable than metal, so it's hard to say.

Here's the real question, who do we think has higher durability, Julius or Yoroizuka Saw Paing?

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
Cosmo can just hit him in the head a couple dozen times, Julius isn't gonna deflect that with skull muscles or whatever

Given that Cosmo's superpowers are "really good at dodging at the last second" and "really good at attacking people's weak points with impeccable techniques", I think he'd be a pretty decent match for a guy that can one-shot nearly anyone and basically doesn't feel attacks to anything but a weak point

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Blood loss is a viable win, so would be landing a devil's lance on a major artery. But at least in the KAT Julius showed some very quick reactions to changes in his opponents attack angle. There's also the possibility he pulls something similar to Wakatsuki vs Muteba and lets himself get pierced to secure a hit/grab on Gensai. Maybe going for his legs to try and topple him would be a safe bet.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The reveal that Julius is big brain too rules so much

Love this massive muscle man

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Vizuyos posted:

Cosmo can just hit him in the head a couple dozen times, Julius isn't gonna deflect that with skull muscles or whatever

he might

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

gott totter: gehirn

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In the sequel, Kengan Bulkaga, Cosmo has bulked up even more and now has Watanuki-level physique, which allows him to perform insanely powerful submission techniques while throwing Agito-level blows and showcasing Muteba-level underhanded tricks.

He will end the sequel with a win ratio of 2-4, and the 2 of the losses will be against Chiba. And one of the wins will be against a random one-off guy to show off how powerful Cosmo has become, which will make it all the more shocking when he ends up jobbing.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In the sequel, Kengan Bulkaga, Cosmo has bulked up even more and now has Watanuki-level physique, which allows him to perform insanely powerful submission techniques while throwing Agito-level blows and showcasing Muteba-level underhanded tricks.

He will end the sequel with a win ratio of 2-4, and the 2 of the losses will be against Chiba. And one of the wins will be against a random one-off guy to show off how powerful Cosmo has become, which will make it all the more shocking when he ends up jobbing.

At least Cosmo gets screentime, unlike e.g. Nezu. I'd really like to see what Nezu is capable of when he isn't being caught off-guard by Sasuke.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Nezu's pretty much out of the game.

I still think disillusioned middle-aged man fighting for a soul-sucking franchise that promotes dreams and fun for children is a better concept than delinquent who likes Mickey Mouse and gets KO'd in a single panel.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I still think disillusioned middle-aged man fighting for a soul-sucking franchise that promotes dreams and fun for children is a better concept than delinquent who likes Mickey Mouse and gets KO'd in a single panel.

Nezu liked Mockey Mouse, not Mickey Mouse. Big and important distinction.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Neither are all that interesting if they only got one real showing ending in the fastest KO in the entire tournament. But fwiw as long as Nezu has a loyal friend able to drag him out of his depression both would have been fine. It's a shame that Nezu didn't come back because Bishamon was supposed to be the third highest ranking of these underground fight clubs and he could have made for a good mentor for Koga even as a retired fighter as I'd easily bet he'd still be a capable fighter just rusty.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the one thing koga never runs short on is mentors. i think he's had more of them than birthdays.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the one thing koga never runs short on is mentors. i think he's had more of them than birthdays.

Seki
Jose (maybe? He mainly sparred with Koga on Seki's orders)
Cosmo's Teacher
Adam (sorta? He tested Koga and I guess that counts)
Kazzy (sorta?)
Ohma
Lulong or Lolong or Rolan or whatever his name is
Agito
Koga's Uncle (the karate guy)

Who am I missing? I'm sure there are at least 2.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Seki
Jose (maybe? He mainly sparred with Koga on Seki's orders)
Cosmo's Teacher
Adam (sorta? He tested Koga and I guess that counts)
Kazzy (sorta?)
Ohma
Lulong or Lolong or Rolan or whatever his name is
Agito
Koga's Uncle (the karate guy)

Who am I missing? I'm sure there are at least 2.

Ryuki helped him with his footwork, etc.
Carlos trained him after their fight
Kokuro trained him and sparred with him for a while
He also got some advice from Liu about how to defend against grappling but not sure he’d count as a teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

team overhead smash posted:

Ryuki helped him with his footwork, etc.
Carlos trained him after their fight
Kokuro trained him and sparred with him for a while
He also got some advice from Liu about how to defend against grappling but not sure he’d count as a teacher.

Compare with Rihito, who only needed one (1) teacher in Kuroki to make it to the top of the Berserker Bowl.