Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."

Super Waffle posted:

I worked at the Simpsons ride in Orlando (this one is Hollywood) for two and a half years. Wasn't the worst job ever, most of the people there were good and there was a certain level of satisfaction when you had a solid team, things went smoothly, and you could get that wait time down. But god did that ride make people sick. I've seen pukes you wouldn't believe. I'm talking puddles of vomit. And when the house lights came on at the end of the night you could look up and see two decades worth of dried hurl crusted onto the walls, sometimes just painted over.

That's why they call it Krustyland!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Improbable Lobster posted:

i recently learned that possums don't actually eat ticks more often than other animals of sinilar size, apparently the study that determined that was pretty flawed iirc

e: https://horsesport.com/magazine/health/opossums-ticks-old-myth-debunked/amp/

huh, interesting

kinda like how "alpha wolves" exist only in zoos

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Super Waffle posted:

I worked at the Simpsons ride in Orlando (this one is Hollywood) for two and a half years. Wasn't the worst job ever, most of the people there were good and there was a certain level of satisfaction when you had a solid team, things went smoothly, and you could get that wait time down. But god did that ride make people sick. I've seen pukes you wouldn't believe. I'm talking puddles of vomit. And when the house lights came on at the end of the night you could look up and see two decades worth of dried hurl crusted onto the walls, sometimes just painted over.
:patriot:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
spring cleaning for ant folks

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

i recently learned that possums don't actually eat ticks more often than other animals of sinilar size, apparently the study that determined that was pretty flawed iirc

e: https://horsesport.com/magazine/health/opossums-ticks-old-myth-debunked/amp/

It was the 70s, dumping a big box of ticks on an animal was "in".

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
"Ey!!! You tried dumpin some ticks on it Johnny?!?!" - Common scientist expression in the 70s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Super Waffle posted:

sick

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Super Waffle posted:

I worked at the Simpsons ride in Orlando

How often did they have to restock the Bort keychains in the gift shop?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ChubbyChecker posted:

huh, interesting

kinda like how "alpha wolves" exist only in zoos

or mantises and spiders eating their mates in captivity (because there isn't enough room for the male to escape)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i mean if the only reason the female doesn't eat the male is that he can usually get away, im not sure there's really an important distinction to be drawn. not at all the same as wolves doing weird poo poo, or apes being sadistic assholes*

*ok chimps are sadistic assholes no matter what but ykwim

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean if the only reason the female doesn't eat the male is that he can usually get away, im not sure there's really an important distinction to be drawn.

misandry rears its ugly head again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean if the only reason the female doesn't eat the male is that he can usually get away, im not sure there's really an important distinction to be drawn. not at all the same as wolves doing weird poo poo, or apes being sadistic assholes*

chimps would be racist, if they could

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Achmed Jones posted:

it was thought the behaviour happens in the wild when it almost never does. it's not that they eat their mate after mating like people thought, they'll just cannibalize each other whenever and only really don't try to eat each other when they're mating

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mediaphage posted:

let them dig

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

ants are cool as long as they stay out of my house

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Elder Postsman posted:

ants are cool as long as they stay out of my house

true of most wild animals, really.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
they need to grow some balls

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kept in close confines in captivity doves will slowly and methodically peck each other to death, since in the wild one peck is enough to remove another dove from their personal space, and they never needed to gain instincts on when to stop.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FEMA summer camp posted:

How often did they have to restock the Bort keychains in the gift shop?
bort reynolds

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/@FauconsPelerinsIllkirch/videos

https://www.tumblr.com/minmos/717789095065272320/good-news-guys-i-found-a-falcon-nest-cam-where posted:

good news guys. i found a falcon nest cam where two wood pigeons come by several times a day trying to build a new nest on top of the falcon nest. the falcon nest with falcon eggs currently inside of it and two parent falcons guarding it

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

lol owned

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

having seen what red tailed hawks will do to pigeons, i'd imagine this ending poorly for the pigeons

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cruisin for a bruisin, or flappin for a slappin?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Midjack posted:

cruisin for a bruisin, or flappin for a slappin?

tweetin' for a beatin'

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

tweetin' for a beatin'

peckin' for a wreckin'

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

down by the lake i hear they're quackin for a whackin

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

and don't get me started what they're doin in the farmyard, it is dirty

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Oinkin' for a boinkin'?

Brayin' for a slayin'?

Crowin' for a bl - oh my!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

joe rogan talking about bondo apes but it's actually just two or three smaller chimps glued together with polyester resin

anyway,

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

mediaphage posted:

nooo :(

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

joe rogan talking about bondo apes but it's actually just two or three smaller chimps glued together with polyester resin

anyway,

:godwin:

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012

please do your best

3D Megadoodoo posted:

anyway,

hopkins green stapler

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The dumb redneck kid who hosed up drawing a swastika went into office layout design

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

PokeJoe posted:

let them dig

to be clear this is the ants doing their own spring cleaning. happens every year

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Playboy September 1965 (not a Dril Pencils post)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
same as it ever was