Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Cross-Section posted:

Is it too early for some Star Wars Jedi: Survivor tips? I'm avoiding the main thread for fear of spoilers.
I'm still in the middle of it, but a couple small things:

-You can scan unknown enemies with your binoculars before fighting them. You don't have to wait to scan their corpse to add them to the database.

-You'll be let loose to explore the rather large first main planet fairly early, but I'd recommend following the story at least until you get the ability to tame and ride creatures, which makes getting around much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I finally mustered enough courage to try and play Kenshi, what should I know and what can I do in early game beside dying?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Szarrukin posted:

I finally mustered enough courage to try and play Kenshi, what should I know and what can I do in early game beside dying?

The wiki page's info is pretty good for a starting point, after that it's more personal taste.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Triangle Strategy? Got it on sale today.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I have a caveat to a tip on the wiki for Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

quote:

Buy horses. You always need more. They make the party move faster and they are a leveling requirement for a lot of units.

There actually is such a thing as too many horses; if your animals (including horses) outnumber your humans by too wide a margin, you'll get a "herd" penalty that makes you move slower on the campaign map.

I imagine it's hard to run into this by accident in the early game when you're too broke to be bulk-buying horses anyway, but if you're moving slower than you think you should be, mouse over your movement speed in the lower right to see if you have any penalties, I was confused the first time it happened. I don't know what the math for the penalty is specifically though.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I did some editing and added some more tips for Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (a surprisingly underrepresented series on the wiki)

* There are no automatic saves or level select in the campaign, so make sure to save at least at the start of each mission.

* Always have a minimum of two Harvesters collecting money for you, and preferably three. Having multiple more Harvesters than Refineries for them to unload in can lead to some "traffic jams" and odd pathfinding decisions on their part however, especially if your Refineries are far from each other.

* You can assign selection groups to the number keys with Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2 etc. for easier control. Also, Alt+1 etc. immediately center on the numbered group. The "T" key selects all units of the same type as the ones you have selected currently visible on the screen, also very useful.

* The basic GDI Titans and Nod Tick Tanks are the main workhorse of each army. Their shots are weak against infantry, but holding Alt has them try and squish them instead.

* The Nod artillery unit has perfect accuracy in the base game, making it extremely strong and high priority to both build or destroy as soon as possible. This was changed in the Firestorm expansion, making them much less of a menace against anything mobile.

* The GDI Disruptor tanks have high firepower but are best used in their own group, as their attacks also damage your own units except for other Disruptor tanks.

* In a way Engineers are the most powerful unit in the game thanks to their ability to instantly capture buildings. Especially as Nod, Subterranean APCs loaded with Engineers never goes out of style. The AI loves the trick too, so protect your key structures with pavement and/or walls.

* Pavement is your friend against the burrowing Nod APCs and Devil's Tongue tanks in particular. Also, most vehicles move faster on pavement, so at least paving the areas your Harvesters traverse on their way to tiberium fields pays itself back quickly.

* The EMP Cannon defense structure is invaluable in many missions it's available in, disabling nearly everything mechanical in a large radius (including your own stuff). It has limited range, but if you manage to build one in the range of the enemy base, it can be used offensively to disable base defenses as well.

* The patches of vehicle/building destroying tentacle-like tiberium growth can be eliminated by destroying the "mouth" in the middle of one. They have a lot of health and spawn damaging gas clouds when attacked, though. Infantry and hover vehicles can traverse them safely.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 12, 2023

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

These are all good tips. Underrated game.

IIRC walls also block Tiberium/horrible orange stuff from spreading.

In some cases the creep becomes a useful defense as the AI will mindlessly path through it, destroying their vehicles or infantry.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Anything for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom?

I know it's early days, and from the little I've played it seems like the tips for the first game will help, but I'm curious if there's anything specific, especially with the new mechanics.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ahobday posted:

Anything for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom?

I know it's early days, and from the little I've played it seems like the tips for the first game will help, but I'm curious if there's anything specific, especially with the new mechanics.

Just a couple for now

* Unlike BotW, you should follow the main story quest a bit after leaving the tutorial zone - until you do, you won't get your glider or activate the towers

* Every cave has a glowing creature you can defeat that will drop a collectible gem - when you do, a checkmark will appear on the cave's icon on the map

* Jump in every well you see

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Potential addendum to #1:

* probably also a good idea to head in the direction every NPC hints at for your first major journey as you'll stumble across a fairly important main quest on the way

Although I don't know if the game doesn't just place Impa near a different geoglyph if you don't; but it also seems to want you to visit the Forgotten Temple pretty soon either way.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Szarrukin posted:

Play as dirty as you can, as the game isn't remotely fair. Whatever approach you start with, the key is enduring. You will lose laughably to even the trash mobs to start with. But as long as you survive you will be gettin stronger.

Which is why you need to be careful around anything that might eat you.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Was reading the Battle Network entries and noticed this tip I posted earlier was in the BN1 page when it should be in BN2, BN1 does not have panel types

quote:

Certain panel types will deal double damage when hit with certain chips, regardless grass panels will deal double when hit by fire and ice panels deal double damage when hit by elec. You can stack this with elemental weaknesses to destroy some foes.

I also noticed how badly I bungled that sentence so I have rewritten it and added another tip as well.

-Certain panel types will deal extra damage when hit with certain elements, regardless of the enemies type. For example grass panels will deal double damage when hit with fire and ice panels will deal double damage when hit by elec type chips. You can take advantage of this and elemental weaknesses to destroy some foes.

-Grass panels will be destroyed when hit with a fire chip.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Anything for The Great War - Western Front?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

Anything for The Great War - Western Front?

At last I can talk about indie ww1 strategy games with someone other than my bored wife

Campaign

- Don't be afraid to do nothing on a turn to build up funds, the game is very long term and the enemy is not super aggressive. You need to spend money to replenish your troops after fights, so if you go into them broke then you're going to run into the red.

- Don't mix multiple nationalities of troops together, it gives a "disunity of command" debuff for morale.

- Generally speaking what troops you have are what you get. You can build new planes or (later on) tanks, but infantry only comes from certain technologies or random events.

- Supply Depots are the most important tile improvement you can make. Individual troops will carry a small amount of supply into battle but a depot will make that number exponentially higher. If you want to fight properly you need a depot on a tile, so put them down all along the front or you'll quickly find yourself running out of supply during the fight.

Battle

- The game has a detailed trench system and you'll see the enemy using it to create webs of networked trenches all over capture points. Don't do this. Enemies in the open will get mulched extremely quickly by fire from trenches, so you want to force an attacking force to go over the top in order to advance. Make small lines of trenches separated by a good distance to make them go over. Ensure that you have units spread out enough that a light arty barrage or two won't completely lock down your entire defensive force.

- When on attack you want to take advantage of their stupidity and focus almost entirely on stuffing troops into the ant farm of their trenches to melee attack each trench one by one. Make sure you give commands to have your troops go directly from trench to trench or they might try and get out to run over to your move command and get slaughtered immediately.

- Heavy artillery is for breaking up massed infantry pushes while light artillery is for covering your own pushes. Heavy arty gives sporadic suppression over a small area but does direct damage while light does minimal damage but suppresses wide swaths of land. You want start every advance by dropping light arty all over the enemy trench system to get their heads down and then pressing into it, including hitting then trenches while the arty is still going. That being said, light arty can also make for really good defensive play; get a few squads together to counterattack in the open and suppress the advancing squads to allow your guys to freely destroy them. Similarly the heavy arty can be used to burn down troops that are in normal trenches where the trenches around them are saturated, leaving them nowhere to safely run.

- You only lose "morale" (score) if a squad is destroyed, so don't be afraid to retreat even moderately damaged squads. You have a huge number of them to use and they are cheap, use them all. This is especially important in melee trench combat; you can't retreat an engaged squad, so if your squad is at 2/3rds health then you should be putting them into a firing trench rather than using them on offense because if they come in contact with a full health squad that is a guaranteed morale loss for you. If they are below half health just fully retreat and replace them.

- Planes are often not worth it. They are good to have as a backup on high-risk tiles but they are expensive to use compared to heavy artillery. On the other hand, observation balloons are pricy but will often save your rear end by mapping out enemy locations or warning of an impending attack.

- Emplacements like HMGs or arty can be destroyed with heavy arty or planes, but it's more efficient to use light arty to suppress them to get men in the trenches then get them close enough to throw grenades at it, which they automatically do if its in range. The last time I played it had this thing where troops would only reliably throw grenades if they are running past an emplacement in the trench, so if they aren't throwing them you can tell them to move back and forth between trenches to make them throw.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 18, 2023

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That's amazing, thank you. Do you find espionage is worth spending gold on, or is that better spent elsewhere usually?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's amazing, thank you. Do you find espionage is worth spending gold on, or is that better spent elsewhere usually?

I never personally found a use for it through at least midgame but I also probably am not playing optimally so take that as you will. I played a lot at launch so I'm not sure if the game has been updated to make the ai more aggressive, but it wasn't really necessary for me to know about offensives and buildups because there wasn't that many of them being done. I'd focus on getting supply Depots built and keeping your supply topped up within reason before doing a ton of spying.

Remember that you can only buy so much supply per turn, but also you tend to get a lot of it from special missions so you dont need to get a lot. Just don't go hog wild and blow it all on one offensive, because every expenditure in battle pulls from the global pool.

You can generally punch pretty far above cost if you get used to using the defenses effectively so even a few battalions can often tear the head off an attacking force. That being said, they aren't stupid and will gently caress you up if you're careless.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 20, 2023

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Any good tips for Darkest Dungeon 2?

I haven’t played the first one so I’ve got almost no knowledge going in.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Another biking video game, another list of tips. This time, it's Descenders thanks to PS+.

* It is important to not blow off the tutorial in this game if you want to do well. You'll want to get a feel for how jumping and moving in mid-air works because the game will certainly be expecting you to if you don't want to crash from landing incorrectly. Having to use the right stick to jump and using the left stick to do spins and flips in the air by default is tricky but doable.

* You can pump the brakes to help control your downhill speed (default L2) and there is also a dedicated sliding function (default moving the right stick left or right while on the ground) to also make sharp turns as necessary.

* You start off with one type of bike and need to unlock the other two by joining up with a sponsor. They all have pretty different stats and it's good to try to beeline for a sponsor just so you have options and find out which bike you like best ASAP.

* You can ride fakie (backwards), but only when your momentum allows and it's up to you to balance yourself so you don't bail. Also, your character will not walk backwards using the brake button when you're completely stopped. If you want to turn yourself around in a cramped area or without moving too much and causing a problem, hold brake and do some hops so you can turn yourself in the air while still landing in place.

* You can ignore the path given to you as much as you want in a given level, but in some cases, that may be a very unwise idea. Sometimes, the game will even take the path away from you and force you into an all-off-road level, but you will be handed a compass so you always know where the exit is.

* As you go through a career mode session, you will earn points from doing tricks and putting yourself at risk. For every point threshold you pass, you get a crew member selection at the end of the level that can alter either the levels themselves (for example, putting more stunt objects on the path) or your rider's biking abilities (reducing wobbling when traveling at very high speeds).

* You would do well to remember that bonus objectives are called that for a reason. Sometimes, what's asked of you is not worth breaking even for the +1 HP you're getting because you bailed trying to go for it.

* Keep in mind that you don't have to do the boss jump of a given region if you really don't want to, but it will still be up to you to reach the goal and finish the level anyway. You can only unlock shortcuts by doing the three bonus objectives, too, so may as well try to get those out of the way when you can.

* Some ramps will let you get more height off of them when you jump before hitting the top of the ramp. It'll take some practice to do it consistently, but you can do it.

* If your bail is particularly nasty, you may lose more than 1 HP from it. If you are put at 0 HP, you will enter Last Stand. In this state, you have to either find a medic node and complete it or finish a bonus objective to heal up. If you end up eating the ground from anything at all, even lightly tapping your arm against a ramp while you're going very slow, the run is over.

* As far as the PS4 version is concerned, turn off the news feed in the pause menu by hitting Triangle. For some reason, one of the pieces of news instantly crashes the game and it's not worth leaving that thing open when you pause at the lobby and walk away to do something, only to find out that it crashed when you come back.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 24, 2023

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is there anything for Octopath Traveller 2? Thinking of picking it up cause I'm in the mood for one of those games potentially.

I read some of the reviews that said there are some standout characters to potentially pick as your initial main character? I'm not sure if there's any mechanical reason for that or if it's just subjectively those reviewers found those characters more interesting.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thebardyspoon posted:

Is there anything for Octopath Traveller 2? Thinking of picking it up cause I'm in the mood for one of those games potentially.

I read some of the reviews that said there are some standout characters to potentially pick as your initial main character? I'm not sure if there's any mechanical reason for that or if it's just subjectively those reviewers found those characters more interesting.

Throne's a solid starting pick. A good balance of physical and magical stats means she pairs well with anyone' else's Job. She also starts near a good secondary job to unlock, as well as two solid early characters (the Scholar and Cleric specifically). Her Day/Night Path skills are also insanely useful in many situations.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

thebardyspoon posted:

Every character is viable as your first character, but the one you pick cannot leave the party until you finish their story, so make sure you like them and their abilities.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

It doesn't matter mechanically other than your first character being locked into your party until you complete their story, which takes a hefty amount of time. I'd suggest taking the warrior, the cleric, or the apothecary. I chose the warrior, as he will be a huge source of free damage early on (and later too. Hikari fucks).

As far as things to know:

you can switch between day and night at will, which changes some NPC locations (as well as your character's path actions).

Try and spread your attack types out amongst your group so you can break shields easier.

The merchant gets special events where he finds good investment opportunities. One is a ship; it is critical you complete it as you get the ship for travel, but the oceans are higher level than you'll be able to handle when you first find it so you can wait.

You only have to pay once to travel across the ocean. After that, you can fast travel between ports (and eventually whatever locations you find).

Play all the character's chapter 1 when you find them. You'll get some levels and starting gear out of it, and the stories are good; they range from "alright" to "absolutely riveting".

Gear is going to be your biggest way of boosting power, and has no level reqs. New characters can be given higher level stuff to get them up to speed while they catch up in levels. Which leads me to:

Level everybody up. It's tempting to have an A-Team, but you'll need everyone geared and leveled for the endgame or you will have a very Bad Time.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

moosecow333 posted:

Any good tips for Darkest Dungeon 2?

I haven’t played the first one so I’ve got almost no knowledge going in.

I'm not sure where to even start other than to say it's largely a knowledge game and learning things along the way is part of it, so don't jump into wikis *too* fast. But to give general advice:

- You're going to die so get used to it. You're not going to be able to beat the boss at the end of the run, it's just isn't going to happen, so focus on getting as far as you can with what you have.

- Your party is generally broken into frontliners and backliners, with each person's preferred location being on their information page. When you look at an ability it'll show what position you need to be in to use it and which positions on the enemy side it can hit. These are critical so many sure you have something that can hit each "slot" on the enemy team or may end up not being able to do anything if an enemy hides in the back or vice versa.

- The above is also very important because enemies tend to keep high damage dealers or units that can cause direct stress damage in the back rows, and they should generally be targeted first. You can do this by either having ranged attacks or with movement abilities, which cause the unit to get pulled (or pushed) around in the unit order. Pulling the backliners to the front allows you to attack them with your frontline hitters while also messing with what abilities the enemy can use, because remember that position determines avaliable abilities.

- You heal between encounters by a good amount but stress just builds over time. It's better to mitigate stress than to heal for this reason, and it's almost always better to kill an enemy rather than focusing on healing your way through the damage.

- The generally one exception is when someone is on Death's Door. This happens when your pawn's health drops to zero, and it means that *any damage* has an X% chance (shown by a red skull in the resistances menu) to kill them with the next hit. Conversely, *any* healing will take them back out of DD. You'll spend a lot of time going in and out of DD so don't be too scared of it.

- Damage Over Time (DOTs) is a big part of the game, and there are several of them (bleed, poison, fire). The DOTs trigger at the start of an enemy's turn and can trigger a kill if they are on death's door. If an enemy has a lot of health then it can often be better to drop some DOTs on them depending on their resistances, as they are additive and you can end up dealing 10s of damage per turn.

- Keep your torch lit. Letting it run down doesn't give bonuses this time afaik, you want to keep it as high as you can to avoid getting buffed enemies.

- You should use candles to initially unlock a few heroes and upgrade your stagecoach a bit, but don't go deep into a single character. Spread it around, and then put a few into unlocking items.

- Don't give up. You're leveling up your carriage and team every time you head back with a load of candles, so if someone bites it during a fight just haul their corpse to the next inn and carry on. There's really no reason to quit out of an expedition early, there's always the chance you'll get one more bonus out of one more pathway.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 24, 2023

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Adding to CuddleCryptid's post:

There are some characters that benefit way more than others by using the Hero Shrines such as Vestal and Fanatic. You could consider focusing Hero Shrines for the first region and ending the expedition early to quickly unlock the skills you want for a full run.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Another handful of tips for Tears of the Kingdom, specifically aimed at people who played Breath of the Wild:

* If you remember one tip, make it this: Focus on the main plot until you unlock your glider and the ability to activate lookout towers.

* Save your Diamonds, but other gems can be safely sold, especially Amber.

* Increasing max Hearts is much more important than it was in Breath of the Wild, partially because...

* Having reduced max hearts from Gloom damage disables the usual one-shot protection for being at full health.

* You may still want to get a full second Stamina wheel before too long, though, for reasons that will become apparent in time.

* If you find a good source of Sundelions (which make meals that remove said reduction), mark it on your map, and make a habit of picking up a few more every time there's a Blood Moon.

* Don't be afraid to just Roast food ingredients you have a lot of, especially ones with no special meal effects, or ones you don't really care about (i.e. Apples, Silent Shrooms). Roasted food stacks, but meals don't.

* Don't underestimate the usefulness of being able to attach monster parts to arrows. For example, Keese Eyes add a homing effect, which can be very useful against evasive flying enemies.
** They may also home in on weak points, depending on the monster and your firing angle.

* There's an NPC in Tarrey Town who can detach items from weapons without destroying them.

* You can and should find the shirt that increases climb speed in a seemingly-generic cave near the North Hyrule Plains stable, behind the waterfall.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 26, 2023

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I have never played Fallout New Vegas anything I should know? Any mods I should be using?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Flaggy posted:

I have never played Fallout New Vegas anything I should know? Any mods I should be using?

The entry on the wiki is surprisingly* thorough, but there are two things I'd call out:

1. Don't set any of your SPECIAL stats to 10 during character creation. There are implants you can buy later on that permanently increase each SPECIAL stat by one, and increasing a SPECIAL stat past 10 doesn't get you anything. You can get one implant for each SPECIAL stat, with the total number of implants being limited by your Endurance stat.
2. Partway through the story, you can reset any negative reputation you may have with either of the big factions. So, if you happen to piss them off early, you're not precluded from siding with them later on. Not that you have to side with anyone if you'd rather go your own way.

*Okay, maybe not surprisingly

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

girl dick energy posted:

* Don't underestimate the usefulness of being able to attach monster parts to arrows. For example, Keese Eyes add a homing effect, which can be very useful against evasive flying enemies.
Don't quote me on this yet but I have a hunch it might home in on weak points too, maybe someone can weigh in. I tried on a Hinox and it went right to the eye 2 times out of 2.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Don't quote me on this yet but I have a hunch it might home in on weak points too, maybe someone can weigh in. I tried on a Hinox and it went right to the eye 2 times out of 2.
A bit of preliminary testing seems to say the answer is "it at least tries", so I added something like that to the tips. (And also one about getting a second Stamina wheel.)

Paper Tiger posted:

The entry on the wiki is surprisingly* thorough

*Okay, maybe not surprisingly
I helped sort/trim that one! Which I'm still proud of.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 26, 2023

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just noticed all the other Zeldas sort under L for Legend and Tears under T for The.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

Just noticed all the other Zeldas sort under L for Legend and Tears under T for The.

not any more :)

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Flaggy posted:

https://vivanewvegas.moddinglinked.com/index.html

For modding, Viva New Vegas is an easy to follow and regularly updated guide that's designed to be used by new players for a smooth and bug free experience that stays true to the vanilla game. It's handy, since there are a lot of out of date and depreciated mods for New Vegas out there.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

You need a SHITLOAD of amber to upgrade the Hylian Armor (150 pieces I think). It's a plain armor with no special effects, so not upgrading it isn't really a big deal, but if you're a completionist keep it in mind.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

girl dick energy posted:

* If you remember one tip, make it this: Focus on the main plot until you unlock your glider and the ability to activate lookout towers.

Similarly for TotK I would heavily recommend doing this:

*Follow Josha's quest line after getting the paraglider as it will quickly unlock the camera which is needed for a lot of other quests in the game.

Additionally:

*Continuing to follow Josha's and Robbie's quest lines after that is also extremely helpful but lower priority. Just don't forget about them basically.

*While using Ultrahand you can press ZL to reset the object's rotation, at least it says reset but it really just tries to lay it flat, it's still handy for certain things and it's easy to miss this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

What's the reason for saving diamonds? I've only found one armour that they upgrade and it's not one I care about

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Tears of The Kingdom.

If you need food the easiest thing to do is have your horse trample the wildlife.

Dashing into birds and critters kills then and you can just hit B to jump off and get them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Tears of the Kingdom

Calls from the deep quest: The eyes will reset back to the surface if you get too far away but not reset the quest indicator. Do one at a time and take it to the destination directly.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well I just got to that yesterday so thanks!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cliff posted:

You need a SHITLOAD of amber to upgrade the Hylian Armor (150 pieces I think). It's a plain armor with no special effects, so not upgrading it isn't really a big deal, but if you're a completionist keep it in mind.

Same for flint, generally some of the armors take 100s of the really low rank materials. It's not worth selling materials like that unless you are desperate. There's tons of side quests and many of them give cash rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

pentyne posted:

Same for flint, generally some of the armors take 100s of the really low rank materials. It's not worth selling materials like that unless you are desperate. There's tons of side quests and many of them give cash rewards.

It's worth beelining the newspaper/rumors questline because that one gives you a ton of money and a really good armor set.