Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The MSJ posted:

That is one handsome Kong.

He looks totally different in the trailer they released so I'm guessing this is based off earlier concept art for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Do they have that one song about ice and fire

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
A Kong of Ice and Fire

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does that mean the Friday 13th legal stuff was settled?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mister Chief posted:

Does that mean the Friday 13th legal stuff was settled?

I read an interview with Fuller where they can apparently use anything that happened in anything named Friday the 13th, but the movies themselves are still in rights hell. I think that means they can reuse plots and characters but can't, like, show a clip of Kevin Bacon getting stabbed in the neck?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I thought it might be something like that. Like Hannibal only had rights to Red Dragon material.

Maybe they can’t say Jason so he will just be The Shape or Mr. hockey.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also they can't use the name, probably.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They’re gonna call him Jace.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They can call him Jason, just not use "Friday the 13th"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's Machete Mike, the Camp Geode Pond slaughterist.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's Jay's son

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

RIP Kenneth Anger

ruddiger posted:

Went to a Kenneth Anger screening last night, I wish there were more posters for his movies. His titles are always so evocative. Invocation of My Demon Brother. Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome. Rabbit's Moon. Scorpio Rising. Lucifer Rising. Kustom Kar Kommandos. Such great names.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Dungeon something? I need more info on this fantasy cooking anime.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I only know the premise and I'm really looking forward to watching it lol

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Dungeon something? I need more info on this fantasy cooking anime.

It's called Delicious in Dungeon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJQb5BP1nTU

The healer of an adventuring party gets eaten by a dragon. The party want to go rescue her, but are too poor to afford any more food for their continued adventures. They decide to save money they're gonna cook and eat the monsters they kill. It is legitimately one of the greatest manga of the last decade.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It uses the food gimmick to get really in-depth with the biology of monsters and the larger ecology of the dungeon, while also using all these shared meals to get really in-depth with the characters. So it's this richly detailed world populated by deep, well-realized characters. It's also really funny.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Looks awesome, I'll track down the Manga.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gripweed posted:

It uses the food gimmick to get really in-depth with the biology of monsters and the larger ecology of the dungeon, while also using all these shared meals to get really in-depth with the characters. So it's this richly detailed world populated by deep, well-realized characters. It's also really funny.

So it's Hitmen for Destiny The Anime. Also: Nethack, a game I used to be addicted to when I had no computer that play modern games.

There seems to be more than one fantasy cooking anime. Funny that it's practically a subgenre now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The MSJ posted:

So it's Hitmen for Destiny The Anime. Also: Nethack, a game I used to be addicted to when I had no computer that play modern games.

There seems to be more than one fantasy cooking anime. Funny that it's practically a subgenre now.

Oh yeah, Otherwordly Izakaya Nobu is really good too. Low fantasy though, basically a medieval Germanic town that gets visited by a modern day Japanese Izakaya. The only fantastical beast is a mention of a Kraken.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ll watch it. Arnie is the best

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was on a plane yesterday and somebody in the seat in front of me was watching FUBAR and cackling like a maniac. But you can't trust people on planes to accurately assess a movie, that's how I thought Date Night was a good movie.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

kiimo posted:

I was on a plane yesterday and somebody in the seat in front of me was watching FUBAR and cackling like a maniac. But you can't trust people on planes to accurately assess a movie, that's how I thought Date Night was a good movie.

Oh my goodness, Date Night. My parents raved up and down about this film, pushing it on me for probably six months whenever I would talk to them.

I finally saw it and it was fine. A couple of things made me laugh and there were some clever moments but it was not the incredible experience it was hyped as. To be fair I thought the directors improved in some important ways for the D&D movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I love all of the BTS videos they posted on Twitter for D&D showing all the practical suits and sets and effects

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Oh my goodness, Date Night. My parents raved up and down about this film, pushing it on me for probably six months whenever I would talk to them.

I finally saw it and it was fine. A couple of things made me laugh and there were some clever moments but it was not the incredible experience it was hyped as. To be fair I thought the directors improved in some important ways for the D&D movie.

The D&D dudes were Game Night, not Date Night.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_ posted:

I love all of the BTS videos they posted on Twitter for D&D showing all the practical suits and sets and effects

Ohhhhhh, Behind The Scenes. I was very confused for a moment.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Look it's probably not good, but it's the closest we've gotten to classic arnie in years and Im gonna take it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Anyone else seeing the Christian version of the Futurama "not sure if" meme?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

edogawa rando posted:

Anyone else seeing the Christian version of the Futurama "not sure if" meme?

That’s a fuckin Kuleshov Effect image if I’ve ever seen of.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

fishing with the fam posted:

The D&D dudes were Game Night, not Date Night.

I got mockbustered only it was with real movies, sorry.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Aren't you forgetting to ask someone?"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What is this out of curiosity? The girl on the left and the thing in the center remind me of Gridman

Speaking of, do we have any idea yet when the movie for that is coming stateside?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Larryb posted:

What is this out of curiosity? The girl on the left and the thing in the center remind me of Gridman

Speaking of, do we have any idea yet when the movie for that is coming stateside?

It's an indie anime called, I think, Bousei no Volicia. There's like no information about it in English. It's a sequel to or by the creator of or set in the same world as an anime called Vapor Trail

https://twitter.com/Vapor_Trail_O/status/1662020837715890177?s=20

As for Gridman Universe, no clue. I don't think there's been an announcement of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

this is fan-made, there's been no official marketing for this show yet (which hasn't even started filming)