Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, I have a couple of questions about shipbuilding, if anyone could spare a moment:

Firstly, are there any preferences on the AI's part, when it comes to buying ships from the player? For example, will they always buy the cheapest or most expensive option available?
Alternatively, will they try to buy a set list of modules, and if you don't have prints, they simply won't buy the module/ship? (e.g. if you're missing shard turrets and they want two of them, they might just order the ship with a couple of empty turret slots as a result)

Secondly, is there any difference between the component versions (i.e. mark 1, mark 2, mark 3) on a manufacturing level? As in, do mark 3s cost more advanced electronics than mark 1s?
So for my own ships, is there any point to building them with mark 1s, even if their life expectancy is super low? Or... does it just cost the same amount of materials anyway, so I might as well give them mark 3s for everything?

Sorry! Just trying to better understand how it all works, to maximise my profits

I also have these questions. I have a ton of npc ship orders stacked up but i have no idea what they are or what I'm missing that's making them not get made. It would be real nice to have insight into your own shipyard that isn't "i dunno boss, they said to make unknown ship but we don't have a bill for it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Personally I don't let anyone build at my shipyards, these are for my own use. The money isn't worth it. If anything its good to supply fleet missions with your own build ships for maximum profits.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

The price of any component is actually just the amalgamated price of all its inputs (plus, iirc, a labour fee.). Thats why the prices of ordering ships at AI shipyards can go up and down, because the price of building its individual components has changed with the supply of resources.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

The price of any component is actually just the amalgamated price of all its inputs (plus, iirc, a labour fee.). Thats why the prices of ordering ships at AI shipyards can go up and down, because the price of building its individual components has changed with the supply of resources.

Oh, I actually never noticed that! Is there anywhere that we can view a breakdown of the material/component price for modules, by any chance? Since I'd be very interested in knowing which ships and modules cost what, personally. I had a look yesterday, but I couldn't seem to find anything

EDIT:

FrickenMoron posted:

Personally I don't let anyone build at my shipyards, these are for my own use. The money isn't worth it. If anything its good to supply fleet missions with your own build ships for maximum profits.

Also, you're probably right there! I'm gonna keep selling ships atm personally, but I may shut off supplying ships to most or all races later on, once I'm rich. For blocks of time anyway, at minimum - such as if I'm trying to rush out a fleet of destroyers and don't want them to be held up by NPC orders

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, I have a couple of questions about shipbuilding, if anyone could spare a moment:

Firstly, are there any preferences on the AI's part, when it comes to buying ships from the player? For example, will they always buy the cheapest or most expensive option available?
Alternatively, will they try to buy a set list of modules, and if you don't have prints, they simply won't buy the module/ship? (e.g. if you're missing shard turrets and they want two of them, they might just order the ship with a couple of empty turret slots as a result)

Secondly, is there any difference between the component versions (i.e. mark 1, mark 2, mark 3) on a manufacturing level? As in, do mark 3s cost more advanced electronics than mark 1s?
So for my own ships, is there any point to building them with mark 1s, even if their life expectancy is super low? Or... does it just cost the same amount of materials anyway, so I might as well give them mark 3s for everything?

Sorry! Just trying to better understand how it all works, to maximise my profits

I think the AI will only order ships if you have all the blueprints they want. If you don't have a part they won't buy. I've read this includes consumables too.

You can see the cost of the different MK levels in the encyclopedia in game, but yeah higher MK items cost more resources. I tend to use the higher MK parts in my own ships. Mostly just because I have the resources so why not?

One thing to think about, they nerfed shipbuilding money making. You actually will make more money building ships and then manually selling them to the AI shipyards.

For example I was getting ~7-8 million credits for a Rattlesnake being ordered in my shipyard. If I manually sell the ship I get 18-20million.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
The only AI preferences I could pin down was if it was a ship they could build in their own shipyards then they'll order it ( so you want to build ships for Argon? you better have an Argon hull, engines, shield and weapons blueprints on hand - thrusters are at least universal ). In my vanilla game when I was selling to the other factions I focused solely on having the high tier engines and shields ( just for my benefit ), and as long as I had the construction materials on hand the AI would buy away. Remember, the AI has infinite cash, so they don't care about the price, if you have the resources on hand they'll order ships as they need to ( based on their jobs queue ). I don't believe that they have specific part requirements, so if you only have 1 kind of eligible turret or weapon they'll just order that.
Mk1 equipment is cheaper because the bill of materials required is smaller than Mk2 and Mk3. You wanna know why Split Combat Engine Mk4s cost so much more than the Mk3? because they use way more parts than the Mk3 engine ( 87 AM converters, 126 ecells, 169 engine parts for the Mk3 Combat Engine M vs 335 AM converters, 636 ecells and 1039 engine parts for the Mk4 combat engine M ). You should be able to see the bill of materials for ship equipment in their entry of the encyclopaedia.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 29, 2023

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Mine started as a natural vertically integrated evolution of a hull parts and claytronics factory starting point for the half dozen npc factions bordering heretic's end fighting the Xenon so I'm this case i definitely want anyone not getting my surplus shipments to pay me to make their ships directly

This will also (if i can get it working as intended) be an incredibly profitable thing once i kick off a few plot wars

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

axelord posted:

I think the AI will only order ships if you have all the blueprints they want. If you don't have a part they won't buy. I've read this includes consumables too.

You can see the cost of the different MK levels in the encyclopedia in game, but yeah higher MK items cost more resources. I tend to use the higher MK parts in my own ships. Mostly just because I have the resources so why not?

One thing to think about, they nerfed shipbuilding money making. You actually will make more money building ships and then manually selling them to the AI shipyards.

For example I was getting ~7-8 million credits for a Rattlesnake being ordered in my shipyard. If I manually sell the ship I get 18-20million.

Oh wow, on all points - I always forget about the encyclopedia! And yeah, maybe I'd better just restrict the sale of ships and just resell manufactured ships... Interesting

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

The encyclopedia lists the inputs, yeah. And when you're buying a ship from an ai shipyard you can IIRC expand any of the components and it'll show you what they're built of. I always quit before getting my own shipyard so I can't speak as to that.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
And yes, Shipbuilding for the AI was nerfed to you getting something like 30% of the cost to build just after CoH was released, so giving them access to your production is actually very bad for money. You'd be better off either feeding the resources directly to their shipyards, or building the ships yourself and then selling them to the faction. The faction will then just recycle the ships at their nearest wharf/shipyard and reuse the parts themselves but at least you get paid for 100% of what you put in. Of course, as always there is a mod to fix this.

If you want to give the AI actually decent combat worthy vessels, the only way to do so is to supply them via the faction ship supply missions.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 29, 2023

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The only fun thing to do with letting the AI build at your shipyard is befriending FAF and letting them build rattlesnakes. Or the Yaki.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

FrickenMoron posted:

The only fun thing to do with letting the AI build at your shipyard is befriending FAF and letting them build rattlesnakes. Or the Yaki.

Unil your shipyard is a multi faction warzone with turrets, mines and wrecks outside the docks gumming up the works. But hey, if you're recycling as well you can make back some of those lost resources.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Is there a mod that lets you just drop minefields like the scale plate have in Silent Witness? Or maybe a command i don't know about?

Also good tips, will be immediately disallowing ai shipbuilding and just continue selling end products from the shipyard. I jacked up the prices to 20% ish and figured that covered any incidentals but if it's net 30 off the top that's clearly insufficient to do so

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I'm pretty sure there's an option to create a minefield, isn't there? If a ship has mines, I think the option is there in the same context menu as satellites and the like. (Just under 'military' instead of 'civilian')
That being said, unless something has changed recently they don't process OoS IIRC, so they're generally not worth using. Even if they're the friend/foe tracker variety, sadly.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

HiroProtagonist posted:

Is there a mod that lets you just drop minefields like the scale plate have in Silent Witness? Or maybe a command i don't know about?

Also good tips, will be immediately disallowing ai shipbuilding and just continue selling end products from the shipyard. I jacked up the prices to 20% ish and figured that covered any incidentals but if it's net 30 off the top that's clearly insufficient to do so
It's net 70% off the top with the slider at 100% ( there's a 0.3 multiplier on ship sales from the shipyard applied to the player according to the game files ), setting that slider to 150% ( not that it ever matters to the AI, as they have an infinite cash bucket ) means at best you're only getting 45% of the total value of resources put in ( so we're looking at 100x0.30x1.5=45 ) . You might not notice the squeeze if you're self sufficient, but if you're importing anything from the AI then you're probably running that shipyard at a loss.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 29, 2023

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
ty those are all good tips i somehow managed not to learn in 450+ hours of playing :dumb: its been said before and will doubtless be said again many many times, but stuff like "how do i set minefields" should not be questions anyone asks with as much playtime as someone like me has but egosoft redefines the standard of "not tell(ing) you poo poo"

also it was really hard to tell my shipyard was even operating at a loss at all because the transaction log summary gets obfuscated by all the transfers from the station account to mine and perpetually read as in the red as a result. i just did quick math off the top of my head and went "yeah seems right, few million there, few million here, looks good."

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I have no clue why they implemented a ledger in such half-assed way.

Businesses keep a record of receivables for a drat good reason. And they actually categorize them so it’s clear exactly where the deposits are coming from. Or maybe Egosoft’s accounting is also a clusterfuck?

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 29, 2023

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Is there a way to mass apply a load out to defense modules? I made an Argon disc and Argon bridge load out, but whenever I build a station I'm currently having to go in to each module individually and apply the load out which seems... Inefficient

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Egosoft unfortunately has a habit of just never completing features because as always their ambition outstrips their reach.

There is, theoretically, a way in the UI to tell a ship to lay down 10 lasertowers or 20 mines or somesuch, but it doesn't work; there's no ai coding for the ship to actually do that and so the # field is locked to 1.

Similarly there's a pretty decent UI for looking at the status of a station account - but because of the way payments/accounts are organized, the inability to filter or sum things, and the lack of a few critical useful settings, you would basically have to construct your own spreadsheet anyway if you actually wanna get useful information beyond 'eyeballing the accounts bar'.

WebDO posted:

Is there a way to mass apply a load out to defense modules? I made an Argon disc and Argon bridge load out, but whenever I build a station I'm currently having to go in to each module individually and apply the load out which seems... Inefficient

If you copy the module itself it also copies the loadout. Even if you are making unique stations, you could use a template 'starter' that has loaded-out defense modules you can copy.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

WebDO posted:

I just discovered you can save the platform loadout the same way you save a ship loadout. After you have it set up hit the save icon and it'll be for that specific module and not the whole station as long as you're in the screen where you assign the turrets.

After that you can just copy that first module and it'll be prefilled for all the others at that station.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I ended up restarting my online save using a custom game with the boron stuff completed, because I couldn't fix the Vigor reputation - so this time my PHQ has enough storage for 2x high mass teleports.

Also, I captured another Yasur mk1 and modded it differently - but finding extended fuel containers loving suck, so I can't give it the whirlygig mod that I want. :mad:

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 29, 2023

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I ended up restarting my online save using a custom game with the boron stuff completed, because I couldn't fix the Vigor reputation - so this time my PHQ has enough storage for 2x high mass teleports.

Also, I captured another Yasur mk1 and modded it differently - but finding extended fuel containers loving suck, so I can't give it the whirlygig mod that I want. :mad:
Do you have a fleet of ships defending a sector at a gate? Do you have an advanced satellite parked at the gate to True Sight in Second Conflict ( or any ai other faction warzone like the Gate from Tharka's Cascade into Hatikva's choice )? Do you have a bajillion Kha'ak fighters dying to your L Miners in Asteroid Belt? Do you have a cluster of stations in Nopelio's Fortune that keeps on getting visited by rival Venture ships?

Get a handful of S fighters ( fast tanky M frigates work better in areas that might be extra spicy ), set them to repeat orders and then tell them collect drops. You can have them collect drops in a number of locations but you don't want to go over the top because the drops will likely despawn before your collector gets to them. Periodically teleport to the captain and get them to hand over their inventory. You're supposed to be able to order ships to drop their inventory off at your stash in the PHQ but I couldn't work that out, and you're likely to run into the issue of your collectors missing out on juicy loot while they trek back and forth from your PHQ.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 30, 2023

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ZombyDog posted:

Periodically teleport to the captain and get them to hand over their inventory.

This is a good idea - but to add to the quoted bit, once the pilot has something in their inventory, you can also issue the (repeated or otherwise) 'Deposit Inventory' order to them, which will get them to drop off their collected junk to your Player HQ. I tend to set a ship on a loop of collecting>depositing in a sector near to my PHQ, although obviously it's much less useful if they're far away from your PHQ
(Since this way, at least they'll keep on top of the task. So if they die I won't lose as much compared to if I was trying to remember to keep on top of it regularly. I still need to pick the stuff up from the PHQ when I need it though, but that's pretty rare)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ZombyDog posted:

Do you have a fleet of ships defending a sector at a gate? Do you have an advanced satellite parked at the gate to True Sight in Second Conflict ( or any ai other faction warzone like the Gate from Tharka's Cascade into Hatikva's choice )? Do you have a bajillion Kha'ak fighters dying to your L Miners in Asteroid Belt? Do you have a cluster of stations in Nopelio's Fortune that keeps on getting visited by rival Venture ships?

Get a handful of S fighters ( fast tanky M frigates work better in areas that might be extra spicy ), set them to repeat orders and then tell them collect drops. You can have them collect drops in a number of locations but you don't want to go over the top because the drops will likely despawn before your collector gets to them. Periodically teleport to the captain and get them to hand over their inventory. You're supposed to be able to order ships to drop their inventory off at your stash in the PHQ but I couldn't work that out, and you're likely to run into the issue of your collectors missing out on juicy loot while they trek back and forth from your PHQ.
Oh right, Extended Fuel Containers are drops from XEN ships - I just checked my collector that's been circling in Hatigvah's Choice I, and it had a few hundred of them :v:

It's too far from my PHQ to use repeat order to collect items and deposit inventory though. :(

Major Isoor posted:

This is a good idea - but to add to the quoted bit, once the pilot has something in their inventory, you can also issue the (repeated or otherwise) 'Deposit Inventory' order to them, which will get them to drop off their collected junk to your Player HQ. I tend to set a ship on a loop of collecting>depositing in a sector near to my PHQ, although obviously it's much less useful if they're far away from your PHQ
(Since this way, at least they'll keep on top of the task. So if they die I won't lose as much compared to if I was trying to remember to keep on top of it regularly. I still need to pick the stuff up from the PHQ when I need it though, but that's pretty rare)
Yeah, I wish there was a place closer to my PHQ that had some persistent XEN advance, but XEN in this seed seem pretty nerfed compared to the last one.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I tried a mission for MIN to escort some L freighter which spawned a huge incursion by VIG with 20+ barbarossas and 200+ fighters attacking this one ship and their shipyard. What the hell haha.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I tried a mission for MIN to escort some L freighter which spawned a huge incursion by VIG with 20+ barbarossas and 200+ fighters attacking this one ship and their shipyard. What the hell haha.

I actually had the same thing happen last night too, as I was trying to boost relations with them! (I MAY have lost a bunch of rep due to Empyrean Curs plot fallout, ages back...) Crazy - I assume wiping out those spawned-in VIG ships permanently impacts relations with them? It's been a while since I last did a job like that, but I swear it's only ever been SCA/XEN/KHK who comes in on raids

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Weirdly enough the Heron made it after I went oos. 3 barbarossas were glued to its rear end but couldnt destroy it in time, It had like 20% hp left. The rest of the VIG force all died to the min shipyard, that thing has some serious turrets.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Is there any reason why a station would send miners several sectors away? I've got 5 resource probes up in Heretic's End showing a ton of ore but my dudes keep going to Barren Shores instead for some reason.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Higher resource density, HE actually has pretty low density all things considered. IF you want them to not go there forbid activity in that sector.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Ahh thanks, that makes sense I guess.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Egosoft kinda gives you the tools but it's definitely not transparent as to why the AI managers make the decision they do. It's absolutely busy work setting up trade rules and blacklists, and even then it's super easy to miss a checkbox and suddenly you've effectively shut down your station because you newest rule is working against you default civilian travel rule, or you've hit the wrong checkbox and rather than telling your miners to avoid that sector, you've instructed them to only operate there and now they won't unload to your station that you've inadvertently blacklisted.

I try to keep it down to a default rule to keep civilian ships out of enemy owned sectors ( but I have to manually add contested sector's as well - Zyarth would last longer if they did the same ), and an internal only trade rule. The system isn't perfectly simple, at one stage I managed to shut down all of my stations when I thought that since I was self sufficient I could default station trade, supply and ship sales to me only and then manually unrestrict the wares I wanted to dump on the market - it just stopped my interstation trade dead instead. I couldn't work out what went wrong so I had to revert to normal and then go back and manually restrict wares again which is pain in the rear end when you have over a dozen stations.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 31, 2023

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

This game has some weird interactions:

Brantlee's Astrid got stuck outside the sector that Tidebreak is in, and when I went there to scan it, it was just stuck on "Fly to Leap of Faith" and "Calculating parameters", and I couldn't dock at it despite being told to do so.

In trying to scan it, I accidentally shot it with a shield-breaker weapon, which made it hostile.
Then the entire VIG sector descended on the suddenly-hostile Astrid, because I'd already gotten them to +20, only for them to stop shooting as soon as the pilots bailed, and I could take over the ship.
I then did the talking and the throwing their poo poo in their face, at which point I lost ownership of the Astrid again, and could complete the plot up until being ready to port my PHQ onto the station - which I left for next day, since it was late.

When I came back to the game after leaving it in SETA, the station I was supposed to destroy had disappeared, and I couldn't cause the Astrid to bail (not even using the trick of pause-buffering 100 laser towers, which can take down entire bases).
So I finally just gave up, and paid the money to VIG to reset my rep, and am back at +20 with the questline completed.

Still can't grab the Astrid, but the only thing I'd use it for is grabbing condensate since it can hold a lot of that, and since I have enough materials stocked up for two PHQ moves, I can just move the PHQ there whenever I need a big cash infusion, as I have the blueprint needed to build condensate ships.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I'm new to X4 from a decent amount of X3, and just got to the point where I can join the venture system. Should I? And if so, does the coalition / team I choose matter in terms of difficulty and rewards? Is there a goon team we're all picking if it matters?

The posts here and elsewhere make it seem like my small amount of property (one corvette, 10 miners) is going to get steamrolled by someone who's been playing since the game came out.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The ventures are not really worthwhile at this moment.

Also who was it that recently sided with Northriver and got in trouble with VIG after? I know why now after siding with Northriver myself. The defense station in Windfall I is an illegal plot because you don't own the sector. You need to pay for it!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Drunk Badger posted:

I'm new to X4 from a decent amount of X3, and just got to the point where I can join the venture system. Should I? And if so, does the coalition / team I choose matter in terms of difficulty and rewards? Is there a goon team we're all picking if it matters?

The posts here and elsewhere make it seem like my small amount of property (one corvette, 10 miners) is going to get steamrolled by someone who's been playing since the game came out.
I joined the ventures because I've been playing for more than 500 hours and figured I needed something new - for your first time around, especially if you want a chance to save often so that you can decide which plots you want to advance, you should stick to a regular game-start.
Doing multiverse ventures involves only having one savegame, so it's very easy to gently caress up.

FrickenMoron posted:

The ventures are not really worthwhile at this moment.

Also who was it that recently sided with Northriver and got in trouble with VIG after? I know why now after siding with Northriver myself. The defense station in Windfall I is an illegal plot because you don't own the sector. You need to pay for it!
Eh, it's fun to have a Swiss Army Knife ship in the form of the Yasur, that's modded to go 21km/s, accelerate and turn so fast that it's hard to keep up.

I've been bitten so many times by illegal plots, but this time it wasn't me - I'd never side with Northriver :guillotine:

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I joined the ventures because I've been playing for more than 500 hours and figured I needed something new - for your first time around, especially if you want a chance to save often so that you can decide which plots you want to advance, you should stick to a regular game-start.
Doing multiverse ventures involves only having one savegame, so it's very easy to gently caress up.

Without too many spoilers, are there certain plots I should avoid? Or do you mean I can save when there's a fork in the mission path, and see where each side leads to?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Drunk Badger posted:

Without too many spoilers, are there certain plots I should avoid? Or do you mean I can save when there's a fork in the mission path, and see where each side leads to?

It, uhhh, can take a while to really feel the effects of some of the plot choices. If you're worried, just google the outcomes but you should generally know which choices will benefit you (war is always good for you if you're selling to one [or both] sides)

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
I'm tempted to just start over now that I have a good idea as to what I'm doing, probably keep the online save as stock but do an offline game with mods. Not sure if I want to pick an existing storyline, or go with a budgeted start. Are there any plot lines that are a pain to start if you don't use their associated game start, or do I just need to find the right sector in a custom start?

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Drunk Badger posted:

I'm pretty sure all the plots that have big effects to the universe have a point where you have to go back to Dal and discuss your options. So you can keeps ping the plots till the point where Dal asks you come back to the HQ to make a choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

It, uhhh, can take a while to really feel the effects of some of the plot choices. If you're worried, just google the outcomes but you should generally know which choices will benefit you (war is always good for you if you're selling to one [or both] sides)
Eh, inter- and intra-species war depends heavily on the seed.

The current seed I have, I've got everyone except ZYA and FRF allied (I don't think it's possible with ZYA and FRF?), I'm making a shitload of money just from ships being ordered to throw against the XEN grinder.