Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Ouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

quality run though, put it on the list.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Still worth putting on the pro-watch list

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

hahahahahahaha

not a win, but that was immensely entertaining

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Two runs for the price of one.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Slickdrac posted:

Still worth putting on the pro-watch list

absolutely worth it, i consider that a winning run in my books

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Heartbreaking. He had effectively beaten the boss on the second attempt, but the fake death timer ran out before the boss did its DPS check animation (which the runner had clearly passed).

Great run either way. Gunfire Reborn is awesome, and I recommend it to anyone who likes cool FPS games. And it has fun online co-op too!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Does anybody else keep getting a twitch commercial that pretends a flea collar is a condom analog? It's loving weird.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Sounds like the algorithm m8

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

not sure about doing the whole crash n sane trilogy back to back to back, these games are great and all but the tech seems pretty one-note for something that's gonna be 2 and a half hours long. the commentary is saving it, at least.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

not sure about doing the whole crash n sane trilogy back to back to back, these games are great and all but the tech seems pretty one-note for something that's gonna be 2 and a half hours long. the commentary is saving it, at least.

I’m enjoying it, but admittedly JHobz is doing some very, very heavy lifting on this for me.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Steam stores this setting for you account locally on the computer so every single runner has to do it after the sign in and not everyone knows this so they might just assume they were off.

It was a remote run.

e: ooh amnesia run, these are always wonderfully broken.

Ravus fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 2, 2023

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The art in Shantae is super cringey

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

hemale in pain posted:

The art in Shantae is super cringey
It's worse on 3DS because all the portraits are in 3D and you can guess what they spent time emphasizing

The earlier Shantae games weren't like this

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Gonna enjoy VVVVVV, always like seeing it run very fast, and shoutouts pre-emptively to kick-rear end music.

Apparently there's been quite a few custom levels released to the game since it went open source, but I haven't checked it out in a few years. I wouldn't mind finding a well made pack of missions though if there is one.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Gonna enjoy VVVVVV, always like seeing it run very fast, and shoutouts pre-emptively to kick-rear end music.

Apparently there's been quite a few custom levels released to the game since it went open source, but I haven't checked it out in a few years. I wouldn't mind finding a well made pack of missions though if there is one.

VVVVVV is just a phenomenal game all round.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Did he just say "the d-pad"? There are people who don't play VVVVVV with the keyboard?!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat this music is so good.

And this section so intense

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Why did she do the Veni Vidi Vici section by the way? iirc all it gives you is a shiny trinket, which shouldn't be needed for any%.

edit: ah, that was a met incentive.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 2, 2023

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I thought we were going to hit 1m last night during Zelda or Pizza Tower/TF2, went to bed woke up and we're still at 800k :smith:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beasteh posted:

I thought we were going to hit 1m last night during Zelda or Pizza Tower/TF2, went to bed woke up and we're still at 800k :smith:

After a big incentive is hit things slow down unless it is the final day.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Agent355 posted:

Does anybody else keep getting a twitch commercial that pretends a flea collar is a condom analog? It's loving weird.

No ads when you Subscribe With Amazon Prime Gaming

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Quick someone donate with the Ballad of Mike Haggar

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

And they pull off a World Record at Final Fight 3 on stage, nice.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
:woop: New world record :woop:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Did something get cut, or how did we save 2 hours?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Slickdrac posted:

we've been slowly chipping away at schedule drift and getting back on track. and majoras mask alone came in 40 minutes under estimate, which helped a lot.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I don't think I ever beat Shinobi 3 on mega drive but I know I got close. The gap between hitboxes and hurtboxes is not clear from.watching but it is sure inconsistent.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Slickdrac posted:

I feel like something was cut from tonight/tomorrow morning; my reminders for today were all two hours off but the ones for tomorrow are almost dead on. I just don't know what got changed.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 2, 2023

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
No games have been cut since the Sonic block on Wednesday. I think they're just saving time where they can. The daily recaps have been short and they're probably cutting filler like the canned interview segments with MSF.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Good couch for Wild Guns

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I was just thinking the opposite but not every run has to be for me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think this guy might be from Texas. Not sure why, just a vibe I get.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i miss weird loving games like this

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Agent355 posted:

I was just thinking the opposite but not every run has to be for me.

If this was anything longer than a 20min run I'd agree his energy would be more grating

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I think this guy might be from Texas. Not sure why, just a vibe I get.

this is the kind of yeeeehawww you can't fake

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Wild Guns has a great couch, one of the better runs this week

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chainclaw posted:

Wild Guns has a great couch, one of the better runs this week

yeah the run's just a run but i'm loving crying laughing

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

This wild guns run has me crying laughing

:clint: any KEWPUHS or GEWMBUHS in this here game? :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Something about licensed video games is that after a few games within the setting of the TV show or movie, if the franchise is really popular, they keep going but most of the rest of the games are all generic "this level has a pirate theme and that one has a medieval theme and in this one the characters are all playing characters from Ali Baba like in that Sonic game" stuff