Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Shimeiji Simulation is an artistic masterpiece tbh

I hope things go well for Majime-chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
tfw you accidentally marry a tengu

Tenkoi in Hachioji

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

sinky posted:

Tenkoi in Hachioji

Great first two chapters. Excited to see these two grow closer.

This chapter title has me unreasonably anticipating what is otherwise a cheap dinner.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I think this might be the first chapter of Torture Princess to technically feature torture. But, as you might have come to expect, this is due to Shenanigans™

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The real torture would be offering her a biscuit from Popeye's biscuit with no drink.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Brought To You By posted:

The real torture would be offering her a biscuit from Popeye's biscuit with no drink.

Everyone knows that Church's Chicken has the best biscuits what with them crumbling and having honey baked into them.

Shadows House 164

At this point there's no question that Anthony is a villain and likely worse than the adults

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
If there's a sliding scale between the two, it's much more "surreal" than "daily life," but I've started putting Q-Rais' new monthly serial up: Bardiche Hotel. It's... very surreal, even for him.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

At this point there's no question that Anthony is a villain and likely worse than the adults

I don't know about that.

Anthony's crimes: Murdering two children

The Adults' crimes: Conspiring to kill at least hundreds, likely thousands of children, brainwashing tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of people on the island.

I wonder if Christopher really died of suicide. Anthony was always the brains of the two, wasn't he? And we only have Anthony's word that it was a suicide. Officially, it was a "failed unification", right? For all we know, Christopher might still be alive.

Nebrilos fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 19, 2023

copy
Jul 26, 2007

jfc the new shadows house :stare:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Giant Ethicist posted:

If there's a sliding scale between the two, it's much more "surreal" than "daily life," but I've started putting Q-Rais' new monthly serial up: Bardiche Hotel. It's... very surreal, even for him.

I enjoyed that. Hope hotel lady doesn't mind putting up with dozens more clueless bears, though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

copy posted:

Yeah no loving poo poo! :catstare:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nebrilos posted:

I don't know about that.

Anthony's crimes: Murdering two children

The Adults' crimes: Conspiring to kill at least hundreds, likely thousands of children, brainwashing tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of people on the island.

I wonder if Christopher really died of suicide. Anthony was always the brains of the two, wasn't he? And we only have Anthony's word that it was a suicide. Officially, it was a "failed unification", right? For all we know, Christopher might still be alive.

Fair point.

I agree about suicide Hypothesis as well. My point was more based on the fact that the adults seem to be operating on the idea of creating more unified shadows while Anthony is more of an enigma. For all we know, he's not trying to do anything different than that and simply wants to be the one in charge.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

copy posted:

Oh my god

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Was shocked at the insane amount of nudity/fan service in the latest Flying Witch: https://mangadex.org/chapter/abf0758d-e81a-4602-9c76-45be55011654

The chapter itself is v. cute and normal tho

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

Fair point.

I agree about suicide Hypothesis as well. My point was more based on the fact that the adults seem to be operating on the idea of creating more unified shadows while Anthony is more of an enigma. For all we know, he's not trying to do anything different than that and simply wants to be the one in charge.

In fact, for all we know Anthony might be Christopher

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug
'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess, brought to you by the power of wanko soba. Not sure if a secret was revealed but it's clear who had the best time.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think I posted the one shot years ago, but the artist who is obsessed with putting Maids on skateboards has an official serialization now. Maid Skater

Listening to the soundtrack of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is optional.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I think I posted the one shot years ago, but the artist who is obsessed with putting Maids on skateboards has an official serialization now. Maid Skater

yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

This rules and is pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a manga version of the drawings.
Be warned, though - not even 5 pages in and you're hit with some extremely NSFW content:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Maid or Die

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's a new Please Give Me Your Blood

Lotus is an extremely dedicated adoptive dad

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

there's a new Please Give Me Your Blood

Lotus is an extremely dedicated adoptive dad

It's not that I think Zyugoya will go a dark route, but I'm still not comfortable with Lotus and Kirishima's relationship given she's like 9 and still technically going to be a food source for him when she's older. Hits different from the other human/vampire pairs where both parties are adults and the dynamic is romance and mutual respect (or simping in Amari's case). Sure, Lotus is clearly attached to the child and goes above and beyond to improve her living conditions and self esteem. But his thoughts paint his attachment as something he's examining though a clinical lense on top of being far more twisted as his mentor warned. It's all still a big experiment to him at the end of the day and he hasn't figured out whether or not having a personal and emotional attachment to a human is good or bad. Still waiting for the mother to enter the picture.

That aside, the cook off from the previous chapters let the three pairs shine. It was nice to see Razberry humbled and have to acknowledge the efforts of others.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I agree to an extent, but this chapter imo put him firmly on the good side since he literally risked his life for her and endured immense suffering, which was entirely unnecessary and only served to improve her happiness. you could I guess argue that is part of his initial clinical goal since happy people are healthier people, but this was such an unforced error in that department that I'd say he's not the bad one.

however, his mentor is the one I imagine will ruin this happy family if anyone, potentially in disastrous zyugoya style

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I feel like Lotus' actions are exactly what the mentor was warning about.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

sinky posted:

Tenkoi in Hachioji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtuxw2KGukQ

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kyte posted:

I feel like Lotus' actions are exactly what the mentor was warning about.
I was typing out a longer response last night but fell asleep :v: this is the tl:dr of what I what I was getting at.

Captain Invictus posted:

I agree to an extent, but this chapter imo put him firmly on the good side since he literally risked his life for her and endured immense suffering, which was entirely unnecessary and only served to improve her happiness.

So I'd re-read the story and I'd like to add something to my previous post. When you look at Sumire entering into a life-or-death fight against Razberry it makes sense because 1) Vampire culture is inherently more cutthroat, 2) Sumire's personal history with Razberry, 3) the non-specified months of Cohabitation with Ren up to that point, 4) this still being part-romance story and the two getting closer to a real relationship, 5) the breakthrough moment where both human and vampire finally came to terms with their current situation.

The last one is important as Ren finally realizing that Sumire needed validation for her efforts as well as criticism for her mistakes is what allowed her to finally feel at peace with their current arrangement and cohabitation. All that justifies her not wanting someone else to take Ren from her and by virtue, put her back on the fringe of vampire culture and unseat her from her current position of happiness. And during all this you have Lotus asking why Ren is likewise willing to put himself in danger for her and then commends the answer. Just like the later flashback to Movie night with Razberry, he's open to the seemingly heretical idea of forming mutual relationships with humans.

I'd say that Lotus has a comparable desire to put himself in danger for Kirishima that Sumire has for Ren. But without having known Kirishima nearly as long; at best it's been a month. It does seem like he wants to allow a relationship with a human to corrupt him and he's running headlong into the feelings he's developed in spite of the warnings he's been given. All while analyzing it in the forefront of his thoughts.

I was also reminded about the Revolution faction of vampires, Hellog just wants vampires to be elite aids to humans at the end of the day. The real bombshell is the faction that wants to make the world into the movie Daybreakers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The cat king saga continues in Mysteries, Maides, and Mysterious Disappearances

Didn't think I'd feel bad for the king of cats after she tried to brutally murder Sumire but here we are bullying her into tears. The near manic jumping between sweet and feral is very much in line with being a cat.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new shimeji simulation

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh boy, amidst the continuous updates for Dumb Angle Dances with the Devil we've been getting nonstop revelations, but this one is one of my favorite cliche's in all of fiction. When the comic relief character is actually badass

Also I have no idea what is going on now. Is Akutsu an angel's soul in a demon's body? Was he always an angel but raised in hell? Did he have a twin?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oh boy, amidst the continuous updates for Dumb Angle Dances with the Devil we've been getting nonstop revelations, but this one is one of my favorite cliche's in all of fiction. When the comic relief character is actually badass

Also I have no idea what is going on now. Is Akutsu an angel's soul in a demon's body? Was he always an angel but raised in hell? Did he have a twin?
what if demons are dead or reincarnated angels, or something along those lines? something's gotta be going on between the two groups, obviously. I wonder if Akutsu is the outlier or if this is commonplace. it was pretty obvious for a while that Akutsu was some form of fallen angel what with those black wings he creates, but recent chapters show he's just straight up literally one if he's really the reincarnation(or maybe not even that!) of the deceased brother.

also, yes, I also absolutely love it when the one-note gag characters get to be badass. especially if he's actually also an angel.
:allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

what if demons are dead or reincarnated angels, or something along those lines? something's gotta be going on between the two groups, obviously. I wonder if Akutsu is the outlier or if this is commonplace. it was pretty obvious for a while that Akutsu was some form of fallen angel what with those black wings he creates, but recent chapters show he's just straight up literally one if he's really the reincarnation(or maybe not even that!) of the deceased brother.

also, yes, I also absolutely love it when the one-note gag characters get to be badass. especially if he's actually also an angel.
:allears:

See, I'd always figured Akutsu was a half breed between the demon king and an angel which is why the Number 2 in the demon world was his foster father. Which is why his eyes black out like other demons do when he gets serious, but he also has those energy wings. This recent revelation complicates things a bit because we have to explain away how he has the same face as someone from the past. I'm just going to sit back and let the story spell itself out.

Something said in the comments for the chapter did get me thinking on a track I don't think I'd considered. Which is Lily possibly being of demon descent because as stated when Akutsu went on his winged rampage, she still hasn't manifested her own angel wings. As a parallel between the two if he's not quite a demon which is why he took so never properly acquired a demon magic trait, Lily probably isn't quite from heaven but chains is her trait. Lily being short for Lilith and the fact that she's introduced as mixed race as her cover for her school persona seems really obvious in hindsight. If sensei is an angel of some power it would parallel Akutsu having a demon of pedigree as a caregiver. I'm just hoping they aren't related.

The idea that angels and demons are much more closely intertwined would make sense. Provided the translation for demon powers being "grace" is accurate, it's a far more positive word and one associated with angelic figures and Christianity as opposed to demons.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Magical Girl 30's

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that rules but it's only got a single chapter and hasn't been updated in 4 months. still, even if it's just a oneshot as far as possibly never being updated again, that's really funny

the kind, considerate bad guy after her mask got blown away got me good

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Finally got a new chapter of Tengu in love

Even The monster knows how awkward this whole situation is for her. I love it

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I wonder if the bad guy is also a human and recognizes her

There's also this one about a 30~ retired magical girl who is married and returns to active duty
My Wife Could Be A Magical Girl

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sinky posted:

I wonder if the bad guy is also a human and recognizes her

There's also this one about a 30~ retired magical girl who is married and returns to active duty
My Wife Could Be A Magical Girl

that one is super weird because it makes it seem like fandom and loving your wife are equally important. it's to the extent that most of the manga is comprised of strange conversations that treat the wife and her magical girl persona as two different people.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that one is super weird because it makes it seem like fandom and loving your wife are equally important. it's to the extent that most of the manga is comprised of strange conversations that treat the wife and her magical girl persona as two different people.

Alan Moore's Miracleman, but with magical girls.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This is a fantastic plan, I 100% support it.
But screw that "From today on I'll be a human" crap. It's predictable drama for this kind of story but Ren's sister already doesn't give a gently caress about Sumire being a vampire so just tell mom and pop and they will be more concerned about when they can expect grandkids.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug
'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess is a rare indisputable Princess victory.

Total sympathy for Inki on this one. I couldn't do it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Books are our friends, I could never harm one.