Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

you could also just ask for an exception since going over the bridge every day will probably lead to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
just don't go in

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

got to love c levels who push everyone back to the lovely open plan offices “for increased collaboration” and then show up for 1 day in a blue moon because they are so busy c leveling somewhere else

anyway my take is that our rules have nothing about how long you have to stay in the office per every “office day”, therefore

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

collaboration means if someone in management suddenly needs something done asap, they can just walk over and force people to do it right this second

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

collaboration means if someone in management suddenly needs something done asap, they can just walk over and force people to do it right this second

what else would it mean

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PokeJoe posted:

what else would it mean

its not my job to educate you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
once I had a bit of an altercation about something to do with marginalised cultures and the person was like “it’s not my job to educate you” and then something about paying people and so I sent her $10 on paypal which was her fee which she probably didn’t expect anyone to take her up on and so she “educated me” but gently caress I got swizzed she didn’t know poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
drat, you sure showed them who the fuckin' idiot was

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
got into an argument at a party and paid $10 to have someone send me a goatse link

-echi

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

fart simpson posted:

its not my job to educate you

no, it's PragerU's job.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

Lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jonny 290 posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

you fuckn know it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my buddy was just working with a guy who told him that he'd tested positive a few days ago but he's got no symptoms so it's fine lmaoooooooo we are doomed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

covid is over. im looking forward to covid 2: sars 3

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i hear they’re using AI to replace the main actor

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

current covid status: apparently still over

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

once the onions came back into the Costco food court, I knew the pandemic had truly ended

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

current covid status: apparently still over

one of my teammates tested positive for covid this week. he's fine ofc, just a minor cough

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

covid has been resolved goldmine thread

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it's cool we eradicated covid. go team!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stereotype posted:

it's cool we eradicated covid. go team!

:)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol i still mask everywhere Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

mediaphage posted:

lol i still mask everywhere Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I’ve gotten confirmation that our company has started issuing reports about people whose attendance has been below the officially mandated threshold. A bunch of people have been getting “counseled” about that, but apparently I actually am special and my boss + his boss have made good on their promise that I could ignore that crap. Feels good to be special, sorry plebs.

It might help that I actually do wear a mask 100% of the time. None of the people I know who have been counseled mask in the office.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

TehSaurus posted:

I’ve gotten confirmation that our company has started issuing reports about people whose attendance has been below the officially mandated threshold. A bunch of people have been getting “counseled” about that, but apparently I actually am special and my boss + his boss have made good on their promise that I could ignore that crap. Feels good to be special, sorry plebs.

It might help that I actually do wear a mask 100% of the time. None of the people I know who have been counseled mask in the office.

If they wanted people to wear masks they should try telling them that instead of just telling them to come into the office unmasked more often.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

tk posted:

If they wanted people to wear masks they should try telling them that instead of just telling them to come into the office unmasked more often.

i took it to mean that ops request was taken more seriously because they clearly are feeling more impacted by the pandemic than perhaps some other coworkers

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

mediaphage posted:

i took it to mean that ops request was taken more seriously because they clearly are feeling more impacted by the pandemic than perhaps some other coworkers

That sounds much more reasonable. So it can’t be true.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lady at work today in response to message on board in staff room that says “please make sure you have enough RAT tests at home” : does anyone really have covid anymore? i’ve already wasted three years of my life

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

lady at work today in response to message on board in staff room that says “please make sure you have enough RAT tests at home” : does anyone really have covid anymore? i’ve already wasted three years of my life

people are stupid

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

mediaphage posted:

people are stupid

i know i am, but i still mask and take precautions

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

mediaphage posted:

This would be the reasonable interpretation. But we all know companies can’t be reasonable, so maybe they think I’m indispensable. Jokes on them, obviously. The only thing worse than my posting is my programming.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

echinopsis posted:

~35% of all covid deaths in the US were diabetics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

people are stupid

idk if I’d say stupid, it was just so blatantly selfish, in a way I hadn’t quite seen before

I also work with her daughter who is 17 and one of the brightest people I know and has such potential
and it’s amazing how one can make the other

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cum and eggs sure are amazing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it almost sounds like a meal at Denny's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis