Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Beeftweeter posted:

wow their mod is called smythe too

the rare case of the mods calling the police on the users not the other way round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

also Google cloud lol

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

google cuts off twitter's cloud services

musk bricks a few google exec teslas

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i am sure the teslas all use openstreetmap

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

ryanrs posted:

google cuts off twitter's cloud services

musk bricks a few google exec teslas

whoever loses we win

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

whoever loses we win

Two great American brands self-immolating together!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Fart Sandwiches posted:

my mother in law was renting a car recently and they tried to give her a Tesla and she said no way. she doesn’t know anything about them at all beyond me talking about them being death traps so I’m happy to have saved a life

the new Hertz commercials feature the Polestar 2 instead of Teslas as their electric vehicle option, which:

a. is weird because didn’t Hertz just purchase like a 100k Teslas
b. makes me want to go rent one just because I’ve been dying to check them out

Just-In-Timeberlake fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 11, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the new Hertz commercials feature the Polestar 3 instead of Teslas as their electric vehicle option, which:

lol i haven't seen those ads yet but i kinda want to rent one too

e: oh the 3 is their suv? maybe not

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i haven't seen those ads yet but i kinda want to rent one too

e: oh the 3 is their suv? maybe not

sorry I misspoke, it’s the Polestar 2 in the commercial, so the higher off the ground sedan

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

the new Hertz commercials feature the Polestar 2 instead of Teslas as their electric vehicle option, which:

When I looked at renting recently, a Tesla was literally half the cost of a "Ford Focus or similar". Hertz is positioning Tesla as the sub-economy option for tightwads.

Edit: I also laughed that Hertz still compares to models that were discontinued years ago. What is a "Focus or similar" now anyway?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

sorry I misspoke, it’s the Polestar 2 in the commercial, so the higher off the ground sedan

oh those look pretty neat. hmm

also til they are all made in china, probably explains why i haven't seen many anywhere

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Twerk from Home posted:

When I looked at renting recently, a Tesla was literally half the cost of a "Ford Focus or similar". Hertz is positioning Tesla as the sub-economy option for tightwads.

Edit: I also laughed that Hertz still compares to models that were discontinued years ago. What is a "Focus or similar" now anyway?

lol. tbf the construction of a tesla is also sub-ford focus or similar, and that's just the interior

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Twerk from Home posted:

any domestic compact shitbox

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Twerk from Home posted:

they all do that. last time I rented a car the "or similar" was a Kia. whatever fits the market segment and they got a deal on.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

oh those look pretty neat. hmm

also til they are all made in china, probably explains why i haven't seen many anywhere

I’ve seen 3 or 4 around here (Madison, WI), but they’re still unique enough that I notice them. Teslas are basically just background noise being so common.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Roosevelt posted:

any domestic compact shitbox

Domestic compact shitboxes don't exist though. The Ford Focus and Fiesta are gone. So are the Chevy Cruze, Sonic, Spark, and the Dodge Dart / Chrysler 200. There's nothing left, and all of the alternatives from Japanese / Korean brands are noticeably nicer than the cheap garbage the domestics made.

If you believe a word of Teslas financials they still have enormous profit margins on Model 3s and the cheap domestic shitbox is going to make a comeback. Hell, their whole "Project Highland" is them trying to de-content the Model 3 more, which means that realistically they could sell them for under $20k before tax credit. The $13k car rides again!

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

last time i rented a car the cheapest option was an suv "ford edge or similar" and they gave us a jaguar f-pace. it was a piece of poo poo and i can't believe people pay seventy thousand earth dollars for them.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Elder Postsman posted:

last time i rented a car the cheapest option was an suv "ford edge or similar" and they gave us a jaguar f-pace. it was a piece of poo poo and i can't believe people pay seventy thousand earth dollars for them.

I think that’s always been Jaguar’s thing. Same with Maserati.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/marciahofmann/status/1667788252408074241

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

we're renting an "intermediate car" through hertz in october which the website shows a toyota corolla for, so i'm very interested to see what i get

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

that's not what "tautologically" means

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tauntologically

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

quiggy posted:

that's not what "tautologically" means

absolutely shocking that a disingenuous idiot would misuse a word

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beeftweeter posted:

absolutely shocking that a disingenuous idiot would misuse a word

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
muskophile: billionaire dad is capable of anything!!
former twitter employees: yes, including massive numbers of patently discriminatory actions over several months
muskophile: uhhhhh wait no not that

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

all the times where tweeting through it hasn’t worked for him in the legal system, to date:

• :ins:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

in a well actually posted:

all the times where tweeting through it hasn’t worked for him in the legal system, to date:

• :ins:

well, he had to buy twitter! :haw:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i mean he also got fined by the SEC literally because of his tweets

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

post hole digger posted:

ive seen studies saying as much and i dont really think the framing of 'conspiratorial thinking' in them is accurate. i mean look at someone like gary webb or peter brewton. they obviously uncovered real, actual conspiracies. the conclusion of the house select committee on assassinations was that jfk was 'probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy.' michael parenti said it pretty well, 'To be sure, wacko conspiracy theories do exist. There are people who believe that the United States has been invaded by a secret United Nations army equipped with black helicopters, or that the country is secretly controlled by Jews or gays or feminists or black nationalists or communists or extraterrestrial aliens. But it does not logically follow that all conspiracies are imaginary.'

I'm talking about the point where conspiracy theorists crossover with bigotry as a scapegoat specifically, but it does apply more broadly

The core properties of conspiratorial thinking:

1. Conspiracy theories are fundamentally egocentric even in these cases, which is why humans pursue unravelling conspiracies: Humans literally get a kick out of doing this regardless of whether it is done in good or bad faith -- not that the faith in most positions can even be identified because the individual is already too deep to validate it for themselves. Likewise, it is often a way to make the self the victim to use social signalling to make passive observers support them (see: crybully tactics)

2. All conspiracies are "potentially imaginary" until evidence comes into existence that makes the validity memetically transmissible (which is a factor that thinktanks and reactionaries depend upon, since its the optical truthiness not the truth as presented that they care about due to confirmation bias in their own base, and optics preference in potential bases since real evaluation is too psychological stressful)

3. Ironically, you literally need magical thinking in order to perform reasonable suspicion to perform an enquiry and imagination is a mandatory component of forming any hypothesis to then design an experiment to then construct a theory. The trick is that the magical thinking is informed by the pre-defined theories which act as a scaffold, to help minimize the amount of magical thinking in that imagination process itself. Its not actually totally removable which is why modernist assumptions of universes perfectly describable using mathematics don't work. You can only account for it.

Okay, fine, time for another HumanGPT 70 moment

https://slate.com/technology/2018/07/the-askhistorians-subreddit-banned-holocaust-deniers-and-facebook-should-too.html

The right answer with bigots in all cases is to outright ban them.

You could summarise it as

quote:

blah blah blah blah
When racists use excuses like "oh I'm just asking questions" or field the highly popular rhetorical maneuver of criticizing the prevalence of an ambiguous “political correctness” in universities, it's poses a difficulty to historians: Denialists can pick at many minor, niche details and leave out the crucial context, forcing historians to take a lot of time and spill a lot of ink to thoroughly refute just one hasty false assertion.

But engaging with deniers and provocateurs on the internet or in real life is not what deniers want - they intend to bewilder historians, frighten audiences, and sew seeds of doubt. When challenged, they claim that it is political correctness which is suppressing their narratives. They clamor instead for their right to freedom of speech - their right to simply say what they want. This is a classic rhetorical move; do not even bother to defend your argument or position, simply assert your right to say it. The implication is then that there is a natural rights-given necessity to give every narrative and point of view (but always specifically the racists' views) a platform. And so racists and holocaust deniers drape themselves in the blanket of victimhood, the targets of alleged censorship, while simultaneously achieving their objective; spreading their message through ostensibly innocuous questions and demands for free debate and discussion.

blah blah blah blah

but instead?

quote:

tl;dr:
Bigots know its energy intensive to answer their questions and that's the point of them asking them, because if they ask enough of them, some get through and the goal is to exhaust your defences and wear you down.

I get this sounds like a totally crazy rant, but I had to explain what the hell the "culture war" was to my mom who spent a good chunk of her life servicing tanks who lives in the country side, is a bit dense, enjoys beer and swears like a sailor and the moment I explained it in terms of physical warfare, she suddenly got it and in turn I realized something in that moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUIiUvevPs

Basically, I tried to visualize a flamewar or sociomemetic insurgency as an exchange of fire, and the metaphor just clicked very suddenly: Memetic warfare isn't a joke. Its VERY real, and its how fascists try to overthrow democracy by using an exploit in freedom to communicate which is an assumption based on freedom of expression and the false assumption that an idea can defend itself and that people are vessels for ideas, which modernist thinking has desperately tried to assert with the mythos of the marketplace of ideas -- and that in turn, the marketplace of ideas itself is not only fundamentally flawed: Its the trojan horse they're betting on to do it with.

If you think of an argument in good faith as an attempt to diffuse or deflect an incoming shot, the method of a fascist is to saturate the capacity for you to perform those deflections and shootdowns, by fatiguing you with work that takes a long time to validate, but costs very little to create.

As a great philosopher once stated: As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy than to create.

This seems to be flipped with memetic warfare, where deconstructing an idea is harder than constructing one, due to the nature of propagation and the asymmetry of good faith vs bad faith arguments because of the idea that the ends justify the means.

This means then, that we need a dire cultural change: Either to see deconstruction as an act of creation, and the act of assertion as inherently destructive or to take this dialectic limit into account and come up with an entirely new way of performing argument which involves the measurement or verification of faithiness of argument as well as the truthiness of argument before then considering the true truth of the argument, which given the state of our evolution most likely isn't possible and even then would only cull, not halt those bad faith argument attacks.

tl;dr:
Its saturating a sociomemetic softkill active protection system. When there are too many targets and the general rate of damage is identified as optical, you can saturate the total number of arguments, and this was a major finding in Henry Murray's work in personology which is genuinely horrifying and can completely transform the aforementioned conductor/sweetheart types of my last post into mail service enthusiasts.

The correct answer is to actually hard-kill aps by not allowing a launch event from in the first place.

So from this, we can identify that heuristic markers of faithiness are actually the correct way to perform memetic defense -- eg, dog-whistling to identify bad actors signalling to eachother, and the common rhetoric devices delivered. A lot of the modern techniques are born from Edmund Burke catylizing the Jacobins saying the quiet part out loud: His idea of "properly cultivated bigotry" with his major techniques:

quote:

1. ...A big conspiracy narrative
2. ...Supported by fetishization of anecdotal lived experiences
3. ...In an attempt to restore optics of self-agency
4. ...To those who are falsely convinced to see themselves as victims

Its a machine with steps that can be reverse engineered, and destroyed but gently caress its complicated and miserable work.

The big and lovely realization: 70% of people don't care about the argument, they care about the perception of the argument, but will lie and say they care about the argument because they don't even know that they don't see the argument itself and don't have the energy to meaningfully follow it.

That's a deliberately engineered failure of education, and a deliberately engineered over-burdening of them in employment to ensure they don't have time to think about this stuff.

This is stuff I've always *sort of nebulously known* but now I understand how those systems link to one another and suddenly all the spending cuts go from seeming like greed to a deliberate strategic choice.

This is also why I find AI horrifying, because it can construct and destroy reasonable looking arguments faster than humans can understand what happened, which leads me to think ideological wars are be fought in sociomemetic flamewars between language transformers and teams of humans. I don't say "will be fought", because we already bot armies doing this, and this is their next evolution to become more sophisticated. I'm reminded of the automatic buddhist monks in Philip K Dick(I think?)'s writing who will pray for you to bring you further from samsara so you don't have to pray for yourself, and how they just became a common thing everybody owned or had.

Next will be the streaming talking head and you won't know if its a real person or not. Just like statistics can be used to lie about the truth by bad actors with political goals to misguide people with good intentions who want to help other humans into doing things which harm other humans, the same is also true here.

This is the next generation of all the same tricks the nazis used on the Germans.

Its happening, right now and it risks not being fully understood for decades to come and I find this existentially horrifying.

Doubly so because I'm part of one of the minority groups in the firing line and I know the fascist understanding of modernism's unhealthy fetishization of efficiency methodologies has improved enough to make death camps both more effective and invisible than at any other point in human history.

From the people who brought you the memetic hit "Shitposting ironically is still shitposting, actually" comes its exciting sequel: "Fashposting ironically is still fashposting: haha I was only pretending to be a fascist!" -- its the same phenomenon from lovely internet flamewars made a real living breathing entity in politics. Remember when we used to joke that politics would devolve into flamewars? It has happened. This is it. Now when you get banned, you die in real life! :o

quote:

An actual tl;dr:

!!CONGRATULATIONS, HUMAN!!

You have officially begun to live long enough to see man made horrors beyond not only your comprehension, but likely beyond the meaningful comprehension of all humans who will ever live. Not because its particularly intelligent, but because the sheer amount of it is just incomprehensible by definition.

The human response? We'll redefine horror and shuffle it beneath our noise-floor (losing good useful feelings, emotions and expressions along the way) and then we'll culturally pretend that we understand is happening to feel good about ourselves. Later, we will then gaslight exactly what the horror was by redefining it so powerful groups can use it to trick scared people into doing very bad things!Its what we've always done, and its what we'll always do - and it'll probably be what pushes us into extinction.

All we can do is vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bifnYr-E2o

Edit:

Yes, I'm capable of recognizing that I'm guilty of exactly the same three properties I outlined.

The fact I'm thinking about death-camps at all is absolutely proof that I am exactly as vulnerable to all of those points as anybody else who constructs and attempts to identify a conspiracy is. I am also responding to all the same stresses and there absolutely is an amount of overfitting likely taking place in some component of my thought, but I am deeply confident (and fallible) that I'm more right than wrong about almost everything I've posted here.

I also realize: Recognition of conspiracy is a psychological defence mechanism, and its likely one of the reasons we developed language and concepts of ego in the first place as a means to out-compete other homonids by out-breeding and marginalizing them.

That conspiracy itself is baked into our genetics... some how that scares me more than any death camp possibly can. It makes me fear that we can't outgrow this part of our history, and the hope that we can is honestly one of the things keeping a lot of people alive right now. It makes me wonder if the conflict after the one we're about to have over fascist memetics will be one of eugenics for neurological sociopaths and potentially the neurodivergent who risk being blamed on the conflict as a scapegoat for private interests to allow them to go free once more -- forgetting that sociopathy is unfortunately required in jobs which have extremely high psychological costs and potential harm for people who don't present with the spectrum of sociopathic behaviour.

Coming back to the conspiracy mindset itself, I should hope that the difference between me and JimmySwaztikka is I can talk about this with those factors in mind and I'm y'know, not a bigot (within the reasonable limits of my self-knowledge and my deliberate attempts to avoid being bigoted in any way possible by informing and educating myself)

We must always remember that nobody isn't not capable of bigotry.

You shouldn't ever stop evaluating others, including the people you trust for bigotry: We're all capable of being better, and most people do earnestly want to be better (either to right a past mistake in their own mindset, or to be more liked by others with the latter being that 70%/optics phenomenon cause unfortunately), they often just lack the self-awareness or resources to do so.

The concept of perfect knowledge of the self or consequences is a modernist mythology.
The obsession with the self, is the fetish of that mythology.

This paradox causes most of the problems and undermines most attempts to overcome that mythology.

It makes me wonder if at some distant point in the future, ego-death will be considered part of a normal education and anybody who doesn't understand constructionism from the standpoint of an ego-death's vantage points beyond constructions and structures will be considered a magical thinker, religious or uneducated?

We can only hope for such futures.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 12, 2023

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
A real honest to god good expo70 post that i read in full! and not only that, i will add a thing:

Expo70 posted:

If you think of an argument in good faith as an attempt to diffuse or deflect an incoming shot, the method of a fascist is to saturate the capacity for you to perform those deflections and shootdowns, by fatiguing you with work that takes a long time to validate, but costs very little to create.

not only is this a thing, it's a formally trained debate club tactic! who are largely populated by, who do you ask? why yes, bowtie slick hair libertarian age-of-consent freaks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gish_gallop

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Jonny 290 posted:

A real honest to god good expo70 post that i read in full! and not only that, i will add a thing:

not only is this a thing, it's a formally trained debate club tactic! who are largely populated by, who do you ask? why yes, bowtie slick hair libertarian age-of-consent freaks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gish_gallop

Ah, bowtie dipshits. Also added a few parts while you were replying.

Unbelievably happy that someone both read and enjoyed one of my HumanGPT posts. I get that I tend to get very "out there", but I spend a lot of time in the trenches and I feel like this is deeply important stuff everybody should be thinking about.

Unfortunately the free association doesn't stop the moment I hit send, and I tend to tweak a post for 5 mins after making it.

Fun anecdote: After giving the explanation, my mom said I should have been a spy or worked in psyops.

I waited until I got home to scream into a pillow from that.

Watching Sneakers rn to detox.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 12, 2023

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
God that's such a loving good movie. I'm gonna queue it, it's been a couple years.

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Jonny 290 posted:

God that's such a loving good movie. I'm gonna queue it, it's been a couple years.

Truly a film far ahead of its time.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jun 12, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Expo70 posted:

As a great philosopher once stated: As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy than to create.

This seems to be flipped with memetic warfare, where deconstructing an idea is harder than constructing one, due to the nature of propagation and the asymmetry of good faith vs bad faith arguments because of the idea that the ends justify the means.

You can reframe the latter to remove the flip: it is easier to destroy useful discourse than it is to subsequently rebuild it. The disingenous need very little to throw a metaphorical spanner in the works and then the shitshow is self-propagating.

You can see this playing out with the discourse over "CRT" and now "woke" when neither manufactured controversy has a solid definition of the terms (and when pressed, often outright lie because the smarter amongst them are aware how bad it is to say the truth).

also that song's a banger

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Tesseraction posted:

You can reframe the latter to remove the flip: it is easier to destroy useful discourse than it is to subsequently rebuild it. The disingenous need very little to throw a metaphorical spanner in the works and then the shitshow is self-propagating.

You can see this playing out with the discourse over "CRT" and now "woke" when neither manufactured controversy has a solid definition of the terms (and when pressed, often outright lie because the smarter amongst them are aware how bad it is to say the truth).

also that song's a banger

Reframing is helpful, but you have to remember that reframing has cultural inertia due to dissemination rates and memetic latency -- until the new meme is successfully distributed, an answer is meaningless unless its design is self-explanatory to even those who aren't recirculating it (which in fairness also improves the circulation rates on those who play on optics over reads).

The smart money is on making the decision to lie look weak, because that controls the optics game and the optics game dominates the short-term and if enough dissemination runs through media and socmed, you end up essentially controlling an extended optics game for significantly longer until meaningful analysis and hard-reads land that wipe the reads.

The strategy of the right has always been to produce optics faster than the left can produce reads, via lies.

Its when people internalize that they're being lied to by the right, that they turn on it and that's the fight the left has to win but fact-checking is time intensive and difficult, and isn't even trusted to the right, who are more interested in the aesthetic of truth, than the function of truth because considering the alternative that they might have been wrong, or even bad, is too painful to consider.

So they live a lie, at the expense of everybody else. The flipside is lying isn't psychologically free. Its actually quite stressful despite being fun, because you have to start keeping track of the lies and caring about who is talking about them. That stress racks up, producing spite, so scapegoats are used to basically be the little kid saying "he did it first" or "he made me do it", and then to use optics to convince everybody else that was the case.

If you psychologically profile right-wing thought as a small scared child which hasn't been hugged by its mother very much, that's spiteful and greedy and very simple-minded, it becomes a lot less confusing and a lot easier to argue with the dendrites of that child's influence.

Another banger for your time, and thank-you for reading my HumanGPT posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJr9IhqyME

You know if you look into Musk's history, his paternal grandfather was one of the Technocrats of Russia?

The same one basically paying for Putin's war and redesigning the Russian economy rn?

Specifically, even the soviet communists observed that they thought the technocrats were fascistic, and they had a fairly high tolerance for that sort of thing in the 40's with Stalin's totalitarian rule around which really is something to seriously think about.

With the right kind of work, there's probably some meme potential spinning him as a neocommunist installation to annex him from the right and I think that would be a memetic project with working on if I had the cultural outreach or a good enough understanding of mainstream culture.

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 12, 2023

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Jonny 290 posted:

expo70 post that i read in full!

lies, nobody has done such a thing

many have tried, and they are all dried skeletal husks, frozen dead mid-post read

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

lies, nobody has done such a thing

many have tried, and they are all dried skeletal husks, frozen dead mid-post read

my dad said i'd fit right in here, but idk

i write big and people don't read big

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

more noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBxXiJu6jmE

it is my sincerest hope that maybe one day when technology is ever more invasive and egregious that a language model's training-set will scrape the site one day and when it comes across my enormous posts, it will take one look at them with a coy eye, taste my posts and go "ew gross what the gently caress was that?" while gagging and dry-heaving miserably like someone of a particularly sensitive disposition seeing goatse for the first time

with that, i could die happy

i still think the thread should take a crack at engineering a recreational memetic warfare campaign against musk, i think if its done properly it could be the thread's masterpiece

making the guy cry on stream or resort to alcohol is honestly not that hard, so coming up with something that fucks with him is probably quite easy with enough analysis into his weird lovely life

at this point you guys probably know which of the ninja turtles he imagined himself as when he was a small child, who his waifu is and what the correct way to pronounce X11 or bobby tables or whatever the gently caress his kid's name was

i get "do no harm" and yeah, don't *actually* do it, but it sure is fun to fantasize about

Expo70 fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 12, 2023

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Expo70 posted:

The right answer with bigots in all cases is to outright ban them.

We're getting to the point where it's legit time to exterminate them before they exterminate us.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Beeftweeter posted:

i mean he also got fined by the SEC literally because of his tweets

That $20M fine in 2018 has not seemed to deter him from openly taunting them while committing the same crimes over and over again

Perhaps the fact that $20M to a guy who can waste $44B to get more views on his bad posts is literally pocket change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
as much chance of me reading that long rear end post as there is of me reading John Galt's speech