Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

SirSystemError posted:

And a full-power Brave Blade run to the very end.

1/30 (but I feel like it should be extra because :stare:)

CourtlyHades296 posted:

Run 3 down with White Mage/Berserker/Ninja/Knight. Did full power Brave Blade, and didn't even need to do Fork Tower this time.

But... you... you have a Ninja... :negative:

Whatevs. 2/30

Ace Transmuter posted:

I did this too, but it'll take me a bit to get the screenshot.

I trust you. 3/30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

girl dick energy posted:

There Are Even Twelve Of Them
$2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

I beat Leviathan anyway. On the one hand, I have no water boost so it's pointless. On the other hand, I have Shell and Golem. :black101:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

nrook posted:

:toxx: Hunting Rare Game: I will donate money for each run that defeats specific normal enemies before other specific bosses. Specifically, I'll donate $1 for each time one of the following enemies is beaten before the boss:

King Behemoth before Azulmagia

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Triple crown with MIM/BER/BLM/FRE/GLA(Replaced Berserker)

girl dick energy posted:

$2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

I needed them anyway to get Gladiator so may as well add to the pile!

I also had a max Brave Blade as well with two classes that could benefit from knight swords, but forgot to screenshot and it's a bit of a pain getting them from the steamdeck.

Omega was haaaaard, I eventually lucked out and manage to get in 9 triple reflect thundagas but I probably made at least 30 attempts until I lucked out with a pre-emptive. Overlevelled as well since I kept the brave blade charged.

Shinryu was much easier. Power staff bonk from Mime, everyone swapping between phoenix down spam and !Finisher/Apollo Harp attacks

Finally NED wasn't too bad with all the AOE available to me.

Slight hiccup but not much I could have done about it, but my Mime and Freelancer had huge HP pools thanks to mastering Berserker and having their +25 Stamina carrying over. Gladiator Strength was higher so the carried over Attack power was at least legitimate. As penance, a new toxx with very specific conditions:

:toxx:

I couldn't help it!

10$ For every completion where your Mime and Freelancer gain a passive benefit from mastering a class you don't have access to by the end of the game.

This is possible if you have a mime or freelancer (Either through Meteor runs or Job fair) who take advantage of stats from a class that is removed from your list (Through Job fair, Fifth Job, Extra Jobs, Forbidden, or any other methods i'm forgetting)

Generally meaning for this to be for stat bonuses gained by mastering a class, but can also apply to passive abilities too like Thief or Geomancer map abilities. Not counting active abilities because you shouldn't be using those anyway. Basically anything that you gain in mime or freelancer that you have no control over.

Giving 20$ for myself but opening up another 5 slots for up to 50$ on top.

This is less of a challenge toxx and more of a penance. Also amazing luck to have both Mime and Freelancer in a meteor run!

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

:toxx: gently caress You, Yoshi-P, I'm Not Learning That! :toxx:

avoiding learing blue magic by accident is a lot easier when you job fair your fifth job into blue mage
mighty guard and white wind are because they're great, L3 flare was specifically for killing azulmagia in style, dark spark and L2 old were for potential shenanigans (which i never got up to), and flash and dark spark were accidental acquires, dark spark from halicarnassus and flash from i don't even remember what

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'll do the 0 power chicken knife once again, $10 up to a Max of $150 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Rynyin posted:

I couldn't help it!

it's not a meteor run, but natural + forbidden does force a freelancer on your team. this was three runs ago so i don't have the stat screen for proof, but i did master ranger before losing it

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Run #1 - Typhoon BERSERKER RISK! (but no Berserker :smith:) - Knight / White Mage / Summoner / Black Mage

The road to Exdeath is long and pointless... I mean, when you think about it. Knight is very much a "hold A to win" kinda job and it made for a somewhat boring run. I felt like I could open up my other jobs at certain points in the game, like rod breaking, Titan/Gaia Gear, Gold Hairpin/-agas, etc. But mostly I just clubbed my way through. Bosses were fun.

Bregor posted:

You're Actually a Coward if you take the Brave Blade

Oh yeah I did my own toxx. 4/30

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Decided to do a Typhoon Upgrade run for my second go-around. First pull? White Mage.

Ok, no worries. 4 WHMs is boring but easy, and !White 6 doesn't take that long to grind out. Plus i'll earn some cash to buy rods just in case the second pull is RDM or something.

Second pull?

:bang:

4 'zerkers. Rad.

Being dramatic, of course. I just finished Fire Ship, so I can always just skip the job entirely and not bother grinding out Equip Axes. But what fun would that be? Let's see how far I get.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

nrook posted:

:toxx: Hunting Rare Game: I will donate money for each run that defeats specific normal enemies before other specific bosses. Specifically, I'll donate $1 for each time one of the following enemies is beaten before the boss:

Jackanapes before Byblos
Skull Eater before Archaeoaevis

Picking up two I didn't get before:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
gently caress me in the Ozarks if I'm trying Omega with this team

nrook posted:

Jackanapes before Byblos
Prototype before Sol Cannon
Exdeath's Soul before Stoker (the Island Shrine boss)

Of course, you still need to beat the boss, too. I'm still brainstorming, so I might come up with other ideas or change this before the fiesta actually starts. I'm welcome to other folks' ideas too.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Bregor posted:

i was originally planning to "use" the brave blade by throwing it at ned, but it turns out the brave blade can't be thrown, so i had to settle for throwing ragnarok instead

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

Probably gonna be one run and done for me this year. To make up for it, I came up with a fun :toxx:. Don't worry, it should be much easier to complete than my previous attempt at one.

One of my favorite silly little things to do in FFV is mess around with the dancing werewolves in Quelb that give you Requiem. Basically, they turn whenever they bump into something, including you. That means that by standing in the right spot, you can break them out of their loop. The other half of this is that if there's nowhere to go in the direction they would turn, they just stay there, running in place. Forever. (Or until you leave the screen, anyway.)

Getting them all stuck on corners is simple enough, but what if we took things... a step further?

:toxx: I will donate $1 for each person who can get all three werewolves all the way down here, capped at $50. (Only one entry per person, please!) It's trickier than it looks, even once you figure out the method for it, because all the other werewolves wandering around can potentially throw a wrench in things.

Disclaimer: I haven't played the Pixel Remaster, so apologies in advance if it changes how their pathing works in a way that makes this no longer possible.

E: I'll also accept the three spots below the bushes instead. From what I can tell, though, that seems like it would be significantly harder to pull off, so I'll also tack on a one time $5 bonus if someone can manage it.

I have herded the werewolves, but not sure if this counts as "trapping" them. Galuf can wiggle back and forth to keep them in werewolf prison, just about!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Android Blues posted:

I have herded the werewolves, but not sure if this counts as "trapping" them. Galuf can wiggle back and forth to keep them in werewolf prison, just about!

Sure, why the hell not. :toot:

How'd you end up in that situation, out of curiosity? I don't think it should be possible to have all three of them down there without being stuck in place, unless my fears about PR changing their behavior turned out to be correct.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

Sure, why the hell not. :toot:

How'd you end up in that situation, out of curiosity? I don't think it should be possible to have all three of them down there without being stuck in place, unless my fears about PR changing their behavior turned out to be correct.

I have belatedly realised that I absolutely forgot the terms of the toxx and herded the wrong werewolves. The Requiem ones are tricky and interesting, but I'll give that a go too!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh lol, tbh getting three random werewolves to wander over to the right spots seems like it might actually be even more difficult. I'll go ahead and count it anyway, and give you credit for the requiem guys too if you get them sorted out.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Werewolf Shepard

rip tuss

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Red Metal posted:

i was originally planning to "use" the brave blade by throwing it at ned, but it turns out the brave blade can't be thrown, so i had to settle for throwing ragnarok instead

I would absolutely approve of hucking the Brave Blade at NED, shame they don't let you do it. 5/30

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bregor posted:

Okay I'm a dumb idiot, and so I feel the need to cleanse myself with a :toxx:

It seems like every time I take a hiatus from the Fiesta, when I come back, Gilgabot gives me a team with a) a Knight, and b) no way to avoid Chicken Knife's Flee effect. So I get this idea in my head that I should not run away from any random encounter in the entire friggin' game! And every time I regret it as soon as I get blown off the Big Bridge in W2! I'm also a coward for refusing to shift gears, and therefore, I should pay. I will donate $5 for every full-power Brave Blade used on NED, up to $150 total (in honor of the totally epic and also extremely not-worth-it attack power of the dumbest sword in the game). Don't do it! It's really dumb! But if you insist, at least you'll be teaching me a lesson.

girl dick energy posted:

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

nrook posted:

Exdeath's Soul before Stoker (the Island Shrine boss)
Stingray before Leviathan

Of course, you still need to beat the boss, too. I'm still brainstorming, so I might come up with other ideas or change this before the fiesta actually starts. I'm welcome to other folks' ideas too.

Omega is down with Black Mage/Summoner/Ninja/Chemist and all twelve Sealed Weapons are obtained.

CourtlyHades296 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 1, 2023

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Am I too slow? I had to recover my twitter account. BUT I do have a copy of FF5 for my Switch.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Registration has been decoupled from Twitter. Go to the official website to register and get your jobs.

Also the switch version is great. Fixes most problems from the PC version, and the built-in boosts and no encounters mode is just excellent for Fiesta QoL

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Aerofallosov posted:

Am I too slow? I had to recover my twitter account. BUT I do have a copy of FF5 for my Switch.

Right on time, fiesta goes through the end of August. One thing I would suggest is doing a normal run since running freelancers is lame.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I am hopeless at the werewolf herding, but on the bright side, I've discovered a softlock in a game that I thought didn't really have those!

This is really funny, honestly. Normal NPCs will move out of your way if they're blocking you, but the Requiem werewolves do not care at all.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also, :toxx:

Meticulous Monster Masher

I will donate $5, up to a maximum of $50, for each person who posts a screenshot of their fully completed bestiary.

Run 4 done with Black Mage/Summoner/Ninja/Chemist. I decided to forgo the Sealed Temple this time.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

nrook posted:

Prototype before Sol Cannon

Started a Natural Volcano run and ended up with Ranger/Time Mage/Beastmaster/Dancer.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

girl dick energy posted:

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:

I redeemed the first tablet, but here's the other three in my inventory.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Android Blues posted:

I am hopeless at the werewolf herding, but on the bright side, I've discovered a softlock in a game that I thought didn't really have those!

This is really funny, honestly. Normal NPCs will move out of your way if they're blocking you, but the Requiem werewolves do not care at all.

i feel like this should count as a success

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Oh for sure, it's hilarious and I'll absolutely be counting it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Mustached Demon posted:

$2 for every pridefully named buttz up to $100

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Rynyin posted:

I couldn't help it!

10$ For every completion where your Mime and Freelancer gain a passive benefit from mastering a class you don't have access to by the end of the game.

This is possible if you have a mime or freelancer (Either through Meteor runs or Job fair) who take advantage of stats from a class that is removed from your list (Through Job fair, Fifth Job, Extra Jobs, Forbidden, or any other methods i'm forgetting)

Generally meaning for this to be for stat bonuses gained by mastering a class, but can also apply to passive abilities too like Thief or Geomancer map abilities. Not counting active abilities because you shouldn't be using those anyway. Basically anything that you gain in mime or freelancer that you have no control over.

Giving 20$ for myself but opening up another 5 slots for up to 50$ on top.

This is less of a challenge toxx and more of a penance. Also amazing luck to have both Mime and Freelancer in a meteor run!

See, this is my kind of toxx. I love trying to make the most out of crappy jobs with interesting combos or stat boosts, or in this case abusing the crap out of a rule, more than just trying to be OP or handing everyone !mix or whatever.
I also took a fifth job for the first time this run. So I sacrificed the Geomancer, but the Mime got to keep that juicy Mag stat for throwing scrolls and kissing succubus...ly. If you want I took a screen of Mime Krile with high Magic if you want that verification, but I mean, Geo is the quickest job to master so of course I did.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Second run in the bag! Decided to go with an Upgrade Run this time. Started out auspiciously enough with WHM, then BER. Once that hurdle was cleared, the remaining jobs were GEO, MNK, and NIN. I considered stopping there since NIN with !White is sick, but I had taken Extra Jobs this time around and I didn't want to be a coward. I was worried i'd end up with Oracle, a class I'm unfamiliar with, but my worries were for naught:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2W1Wi2U9sQ&t=180s

Mustached Demon posted:

$2 for every pridefully named buttz up to $100

Does Buttz count? :v:

girl dick energy posted:

I did take a screenshot of my inventory for this, but the GBA jobs require you to get all of the tablets to unlock them. Will a shot of the Cannoneers be enough or should I upload the inventory screen? Either way is cool with me. I did grab all of the weapons.

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 3, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Do !Bladeblitz or !Finisher get around the Chicken Knife proc? Either way I respect the :black101: 6/30

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Finish the game in under 10 hours (in game time) and get $10. Each additional hour shaved off is another $10. A screenshot of the menu in the final room of the void within ~5 minutes of the hour marker (to account for the exdeath battle) will suffice as proof. GBA and PR both show the room you're in, SNES doesn't so it'll be on the honor system.

I wasn't going out of my way to do my own toxx, but this party is broken especially with item duplication for turtle shells, dark matter, and dragon fangs all being possible on GBA

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bregor posted:

Do !Bladeblitz or !Finisher get around the Chicken Knife proc? Either way I respect the :black101: 6/30
i have legitimately no idea

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Actually are there any !attack commands that don't bypass the flee? Bladeblitz and finisher shoukd work.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

!Aim never has, and I believe PR added a couple more to the list, though I don't remember which ones off hand.

Honorable mention to Goblin Punch, which ignores the !Flee proc, but also ignores the unique formula for chicken knife's attack stat.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Goblin Punch is a magic attack whose power matches the user's equipped weapon.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

There's the samurai sword slap/mineuchi that is just an attack with a different name and like 2 weird interactions.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Neo XD and

Shinryu down.

Ranger, Dragoon, Geo (replaced with Black Mage as 5th job) and Knight.
This is the first time I ever hard to grind in the void as I just couldn't hit the Almagest part hard enough before getting bodied by it, but at least the process gave me enough time to set up the Wander Wand for a super easy Shin kill.
That's my... holy poo poo fifth run of the year. Once you get this game down it's so chill and calming to play.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

!Aim never has, and I believe PR added a couple more to the list, though I don't remember which ones off hand.

Honorable mention to Goblin Punch, which ignores the !Flee proc, but also ignores the unique formula for chicken knife's attack stat.

!Aim doesn't trigger !Flee in PR. Last I tried !Mug did in PR though but I think that may have been fixed.

Also since there was talk in the discord about how apparently in PR !Dance is magic it inspired me to make this inspired by Arcade Pit's Team Battle intro video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMPN6k35Jrk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

FeyerbrandX posted:

!Aim doesn't trigger !Flee in PR. Last I tried !Mug did in PR though but I think that may have been fixed.

Also since there was talk in the discord about how apparently in PR !Dance is magic it inspired me to make this inspired by Arcade Pit's Team Battle intro video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMPN6k35Jrk
:master: