Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If there's one request to make for this app I'll love to see swiping left be utilized for bringing back to the parent thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Please add a random chance for frog friend to be joined by additional friends when they show up.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Two frog friends or mb even three??

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Could you make there a chance for the frog instead to be the full width, and just peek up from the bottom instead of completely visible?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Quackles posted:

Could you make there a chance for the frog instead to be the full width, and just peek up from the bottom instead of completely visible?

Seconding Kilroy frog

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Special frog for wednesday

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

get in frog with the get in frog grin. -> :getin: <- that one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Use the shortcut

No

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Android Apocalypse posted:

If there's one request to make for this app I'll love to see swiping left be utilized for bringing back to the parent thread.

What even is a “parent thread” on SA?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

What even is a “parent thread” on SA?

I'm guessing they meant parent subforum, so going straight to the subforum where the thread is.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
When I am in a thread, and I follow a link to a new thread, I xan swipe back and get to the thread I started in. This is both the closest thing to a parent thread I can think of and already the ideal behavior, so they must mean parent forum and for the reasons displayed in this post i disagree. I like swiping returning you to prior locations.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Yeah, having swiping back take you to a place you never actually came from sounds bad

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Also you can always get to the thread's parent forum by scrolling up a bit and tapping the link on the now visible top bar. Works just fine.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Clicking the page number dropdown crashes the app 100% of the time for me. Anyone else with this issue since the update?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

works fine for me, iPhone 13 Pro on 16.5.1

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Latest app, iOS 16.5.1 on the original 12.9 IPad Pro crashes when trying to do any 'active' action on the app (posting, editing posts, voting threads) but only after the app has been open a little while, opening it again after the crash and trying the same action succeeds. May just be the age of the device / memory constraints & background app cache handling, but posting for the record.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Grassy Knowles posted:

When I am in a thread, and I follow a link to a new thread, I xan swipe back and get to the thread I started in. This is both the closest thing to a parent thread I can think of and already the ideal behavior, so they must mean parent forum and for the reasons displayed in this post i disagree. I like swiping returning you to prior locations.

this.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah you don't break global back actions actions being relative to your personal path, that's just objectively bad UX.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

weekly font posted:

Clicking the page number dropdown crashes the app 100% of the time for me. Anyone else with this issue since the update?

Still does this for me on 15.7.6, iPhone 7

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Image uploading from the awful app has been messed up since the last update or two.

On M1 iPad pro and iPhone 11, if I choose do not paste, it gives me this:

[url=][/url]

If I choose paste, it acts like the normal paste function. Why would I want it to do that? iOS already has that ability. And there's no way to change it once you've selected it. At no time does it give me the option to select an image from my photo library or the camera anymore.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

Image uploading from the awful app has been messed up since the last update or two.

On M1 iPad pro and iPhone 11, if I choose do not paste, it gives me this:

[url=][/url]

If I choose paste, it acts like the normal paste function. Why would I want it to do that? iOS already has that ability. And there's no way to change it once you've selected it. At no time does it give me the option to select an image from my photo library or the camera anymore.

Scroll up. Image uploading was removed as part of the ongoing Imgur drama. Create and use a shortcut (also see upthread) to get the functionality until a long term solution is settled on and implemented.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

Why would I want it to do that?

Because imgur is hosed, get the net

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How come I can’t choose to add my sig from the post preview like on the Android version?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Warbird posted:

Scroll up. Image uploading was removed as part of the ongoing Imgur drama. Create and use a shortcut (also see upthread) to get the functionality until a long term solution is settled on and implemented.

Does SA not have their own image storage? I thought that was the entire point of being able to attach a file to a post.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

How come I can’t choose to add my sig from the post preview like on the Android version?

Because signatures suck

Sent from iPhone

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Mister Facetious posted:

Does SA not have their own image storage? I thought that was the entire point of being able to attach a file to a post.

Attachments currently only allows one image at the end of a post and is stored inefficiently

Attachments 2.0 is in the works and then the app will hopefully implement it

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

This guy still hasn’t scrolled up

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

its like../ tell me you haven't scrolled up, without telling me you haven't scrolled up. normal world

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's faster to geta one sentence answer.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

It's faster to geta one sentence answer.

Oh absolutely but a toll of several additional sentences of razing will be imposed.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it's not really any faster eit3ehr

edit: i ask questions instead of looking stuff up a lot because it's more fun. but i say that

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Hey, anyone else noticed you can't upload images from Awful anymore? :thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

101 posted:

Hey, anyone else noticed you can't upload images from Awful anymore? :thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk:

Works here. Ios8 iphone 3gs awful app v some old small number

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Pics of the 3gs please.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Grassy Knowles posted:

Awful S II MAXX

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

Pics of the 3gs please.

It’s not that I’m lying and cannot upload images, but how do i take a picture of the thing I’m taking a picture with smart guy?

101 posted:

Awful S II MAXX

Many thanks for this

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

101 posted:

Awful S II MAXX

Speaking of, and I think I've mentioned it before, but I'd love to start/help facilitate another Awful fresh start. iOS 16+. SwiftUI. Composable Architecture. No CocoaPods. Not a whiff of Objective-C. No 665 issues.

I have a feeling (because I feel this way) that more people would contribute if it was more reflective of a modern Apple codebase, but I have no idea if that would actually bear out in practice.

Maybe when I get a moment I'll tool around and get a proof of concept working. I've never looked at AwfulCore, but I assume that would transfer and do the heavy lifting on the scraping side of things.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

in the next update maybe next to the button that takes you to this thread you could say Hey here's the deal with imgur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

iOS Awful App: image upload was removed because Imgur hates you