Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I got it to go once and just took the veg off, nuked it for 20 seconds to warm the meat and melt the cheese before reapplying the veggies and I thought it was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Arby's has the meats.

Yes, and they will give it to you a little at a time. Very little.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I love the meats!

----------------

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

https://www.chewboom.com/2023/07/17/arbys-launches-new-online-only-1-2-3-classics-menu/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Who could've guessed that I would be ordering 20 mozz sticks for lunch today, but here we are

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
gunna be living off arbys for the rest of the month

lets see if selling by bulk at lower cost can win out over selling less with a higher price

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 17, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I picked up Arby's when heading to the woods because I could eat the tenders and curly fries while driving and I got a single classic beef and cheddar, because I think the roast beef sandwiches are fine even at room temp, $21. )=

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hit up the new deal getting the french dip, curly fries and mozz sticks. The dip was okay, the mozzarella sticks were amazing and the fries were cold by the time I picked them up.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fries are always cold by the time you get them. They like to put the fries in the box / bag while still making the rest of the order because fast food places can't get fries right anyway.

A cool life hack if you don't use all the au jus for your french dip. Get a french dip & a regular roast beef and you can dip em both in the au jus!

I did decide to take this offer today. 2 French Dips & 2 Regulars & Mozz sticks.

It's not an offer that you have to redeem, so you can stack an offer on top of the order. $3 off $10. $9 + tax total. Good deal.

----------------

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 22, 2023

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I started ordering the crinkle cut fries because around here at least (Colorado Springs for the curious), they're a seldom used menu item that astronomically raises the odds you'll get them made to order.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can believe that. I finally gave them a second try, and they were hotter and fresher than any curly fries I've gotten in ages. I mean, they still taste like I tossed some store brand frozen ones in the air fryer, but that's at least one positive :v:

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Arby's has pretty good discounts on offer in their mobile app if you go there with any kind of regularity, for better or worse. For some inane reason it refuses to save your payment info, though.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Toadsmash posted:

I started ordering the crinkle cut fries because around here at least (Colorado Springs for the curious), they're a seldom used menu item that astronomically raises the odds you'll get them made to order.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can believe that. I finally gave them a second try, and they were hotter and fresher than any curly fries I've gotten in ages. I mean, they still taste like I tossed some store brand frozen ones in the air fryer, but that's at least one positive :v:

I mean it makes sense that if you order the inferior option that most people don't choose at most fast food places, you will either get something fresh (because no one else ordered it recently), or something that has been sitting for half the day (because someone else did a long time ago and they aren't going to bother making more for the next and possibly last person for a while).

If you are gonna roll those dice, you might as well shoot for the good stuff.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wife and I got the deal and it was good. The curly fries were even hot and good. Not a cold fused mess that usually goes in the trash after ripping off a few curls. A+++

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
appreciate arbys because I can get a bad gyro that still hits the “i want a gyro” craving when partner’s feelin roast beef and I’m not

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Twenty Four posted:

I mean it makes sense that if you order the inferior option that most people don't choose at most fast food places, you will either get something fresh (because no one else ordered it recently), or something that has been sitting for half the day (because someone else did a long time ago and they aren't going to bother making more for the next and possibly last person for a while).

If you are gonna roll those dice, you might as well shoot for the good stuff.

At some point a place has given you bad curly fries enough times that you just have to give up.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i never see anyone bring up the old homestyle fries. straight cut. i remember them going from always being available, to only available at some stores, to just not available

when they were hot they were magnificent

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They were so good I never bothered with the curly fries

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

I don't know why I didn't just start asking for fresh fries all the time as often as I used to go there. The curly fries are still heavenly when they can be bothered.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Once again, the correct answer is that they need to bring back the goddamn potato cakes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Toadsmash posted:

I don't know why I didn't just start asking for fresh fries all the time as often as I used to go there. The curly fries are still heavenly when they can be bothered.

Maybe they make them for you but probably not because apparently a bag of fries is worth $300 so managers are going to do what they can to sell that whole thing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

They've gotta have microwaves in there to heat up the burgers and stuff, make they just toss a handful of fries in for 30 seconds when you order em fresh

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Just buy 10 orders of curly fries. They will have to make new ones at some point.

----------------

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I noticed they brought back those hushpuppy breaded fish bites, so I grabbed those for lunch today. They're pretty good, I just feel like they don't really go well with anything on the side menu except the plain fries. Especially the jalapeno poppers, there's just a weird contrast between the plain, vaguely southern-ish style fish and the spicy pepper nugs.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I got the bacon ranch burger today. It was pretty drat good, but their shredded lettuce is horrid. A ranch drippings delivery system of nefarious design.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nikumatic posted:

appreciate arbys because I can get a bad gyro that still hits the “i want a gyro” craving when partner’s feelin roast beef and I’m not

The closest Arby's to me is a few minutes from a kickass Greek restaurant so in terms of gyro cravings it's a coinflip situation.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There is a new relatively affordable gyro place in town but it is a push between if they or Arby’s is better. Like the other places in town that bill themselves as Greek places are better, but, expensive.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Rick posted:

There is a new relatively affordable gyro place in town but it is a push between if they or Arby’s is better. Like the other places in town that bill themselves as Greek places are better, but, expensive.

I went to one Greek place that wanted like $25 for moussaka. There's like 5 diners within 20 miles of me that make it better and cheaper.

Do gyros usually not come with feta? I was about to say that this was my only real complaint about the Arby's gyro, and I could've sworn that that the two gyro shops in Greek town in Chicago both made gyros with feta, but the more I look online the less it mentions feta.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Feta isn't standard.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Is it more of an American thing? I just checked the menu of every place I've ever gotten a gyro (with the exception of Arby's) and they all come with feta.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Has Arby's today and it was great! Best poppers in the business, even with that weird bronco berry sauce. Also a curly fry, plain roast beef, jamocha shake,. I want to eat more of it. I really like their 3 pepper sauce, which they also have in packets. I am hungry now. :( Why doesn't this hospital have an Arby's

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Arby's just knocks it out of the park for sides with the mozz sticks and the poppers, I don't think I've had better ones at a big chain. Cream cheese in particular sets the poppers apart, I don't know why that's not the standard. gently caress, I need some poppers now :negative:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

AvesPKS posted:

Is it more of an American thing? I just checked the menu of every place I've ever gotten a gyro (with the exception of Arby's) and they all come with feta.

American gyros are pretty different from Greece. Feta might be regional? I've had gyros with feta but I would expect any generic one to just have onions, tomato, and tzatziki.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Grand Fromage posted:

Feta isn't standard.

Should be.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
goddamn i knew i forgot something yest

the drat poppers w bronco sauce..

We have four or so gyro places running by immigrants here and it's always just been lamb, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce

never seen any feta unless its maybe mixed in with the sauce

absolutely no lettuce, either. its a sin or something

Philthy fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 30, 2023

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

the poppers, I don't think I've had better ones at a big chain. Cream cheese in particular sets the poppers apart, I don't know why that's not the standard. gently caress, I need some poppers now :negative:

For years I'd agreed with you, always preferred cream vs cheddar cheese filled poppers, until I tried the cheddar filled from Sonic. I'd have to say I prefer them more from Sonic than Arby's at this point.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Blasphemy, they're Sonic's best side and second place to Arby's, but a distant second.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
If it doesn't contain cream cheese, literally throw those shits in the trash I don't wanna eat 'em. I don't want to see 'em. Arby's makes the only edible poppers in fast food. And you can get 'em with some kind of weird pepper jelly :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Got the greek gyro for the first time in quite a while, I know it's partly that I haven't lived near an actual greek restaurant in years, but that thing's surprisingly decent. I've gotta give them props for keeping a particular meat and multiple components on hand that are unique to such an oddball offering for a big fast food chain. I'll have to remember it exists more often.