Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A Fancy Hat posted:

This was one of my favorite bits last night because imagine trying to explain it to someone outside of the wrestling bubble.

Jake Hager sadly hands over his purple hat.

I was thinking this during that segment too, lol. Like how serious this moment was between Jericho and his former right hand man involving one man solemnly giving the other man a purple bucket hat in disapproval and meant to be played 100% straight. Wrestling rules.

Also I think the "Fed lite" complaint re: Better than You BayBay is really loving dumb but it doesn't need to be relitigated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hell yes, MJF hulking up because Big Bill dissed the T-shirt. Even Cole is looking righteously furious. This is the best dumbest poo poo ever.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

explosivo posted:

I was thinking this during that segment too, lol. Like how serious this moment was between Jericho and his former right hand man involving one man solemnly giving the other man a purple bucket hat in disapproval and meant to be played 100% straight. Wrestling rules.

Also I think the "Fed lite" complaint re: Better than You BayBay is really loving dumb but it doesn't need to be relitigated.

It kind of is. I think a lot of this is working specifically because it's MJF and Adam Cole doing classic babyface spots while bonding because they're both kind of slime. The slime and the tension makes the rest of it compelling.

It will be awful though when Cole breaks MJF's heart

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MJF got the crowd to pop for a loving bodyslam and to chant for a double clothesline.

And in a few months he's going to cut a scathing promo on how loving dumb we are for doing that.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, if they ever turn MJF all the way face, he's gonna be a god drat monster. It's absolutely incredible how good he is at this stuff.

E: MJF's hesitant little smile when Cole set him up for the "we're better than you, bay-bee!"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 13, 2023

hotep botnet
Jul 10, 2023

by vyelkin

A Fancy Hat posted:

MJF got the crowd to pop for a loving bodyslam and to chant for a double clothesline.

And in a few months he's going to cut a scathing promo on how loving dumb we are for doing that.

no he's not :ohdear:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So the referee saw Toni Storm attacking Skye Blue, and instead of calling for a DQ, is just ejecting the two? AEW referees justifiably get a lot of poo poo for how dumb they act.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
MJF and Cole need to star in one of those buddy comedies where they go on wacky adventures.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, Bullet Club vs FTR 2/3 falls for the titles on next Collision?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So the referee saw Toni Storm attacking Skye Blue, and instead of calling for a DQ, is just ejecting the two? AEW referees justifiably get a lot of poo poo for how dumb they act.

He didn’t see. He turned around when he heard the sound of a human body hitting the steps.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How does QTV manage to get worse and worse?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"referee discretion"

also, AEW barely does DQs, and that is a good thing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Looking at the live thread and Shard I want to hug and pet your cat, that is a very cute little furball.

enigmahfc posted:

"referee discretion"

also, AEW barely does DQs, and that is a good thing.

100% agreed, but they should stop booking dumbass spots where the ref not DQing someone is such a bizarre move that it makes them look like the world's biggest geeks, like that poo poo with Don Callis getting ejected at the pape and then just being allowed to come back out to openly interfere in the match a few minutes later. That could've been done in any number of better ways.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Maybe you’re confused but the rap video, which was very good, was part of the QTV segment

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

He's a goblin I love him

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't get this at all, last night's was arguably the best yet merely by merit of Harley revealing that she has actual talent. Not a great segment by any means but by QTV standards it was terrific.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

He's a goblin I love him

High five, fellow goblin owner. Here's mine.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Harley has, to my complete surprise, made QTV a non-fast forward segment. It makes zero sense that she could walk up to the Acclaimed and somehow get over. Now Aaron Solo has the banaca spray and I'm here for it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

HOLY poo poo THAT AVALANCHE POISON RANA AND THEN THE NECKBREAKER

E: that match was excellent. Great move to have Wayne debut against Swerve considering the guys have work well together.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Shard posted:

He's a goblin I love him

PAC? me too, glad he's back

e: oh you mean your cat

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PAC IS BACK! AND HE'S GOT A CHAIR! THE BASTARD!

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
pac is bac!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Apparently Nick Wayne's theme is by JPEG mafia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9qp06U4s24

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That was a good, fun Dynamite!

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Pylons posted:

Time to knock.

I never thought I would say this considering his underwhelming commentary debut but Alex Marvez rules. The Marverick has yet to successfully interview anyone in AEW but dammit he's gonna try.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Ex called him Al Scoops last night lol

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

magiccarpet posted:

Harley has, to my complete surprise, made QTV a non-fast forward segment. It makes zero sense that she could walk up to the Acclaimed and somehow get over. Now Aaron Solo has the banaca spray and I'm here for it.

I'm also surprised, but she's making the absolute most of whatever time she gets, and it helps that she's new and not someone with multiple restarts like QT and Solo.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

hotep botnet posted:

I think Willow can beat Athena to set up a title match at ROH, then she can lose to Ruby, it'd be a bit dicey, but very neat.

this is sort of what I'm thinking too, but tony also likes faces to just win sometimes, and legitimizing willow before giving her an ROH title match that she wins would also work for me. honestly any of the 3 of them winning seems reasonable I think.

also someone pretend I edited the matrix bit to say "pac is fightin ibushi" because drat they're gonna kick the piss out of each other

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Add Harley Cameron to the list of people that have absolutely washed Top Dolla and Hit Row.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Missing out on pac vs mjf at Wembley is fine if it means pac vs ibushi in a singles at Wembley

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

whats that sonny? golden lovers vs bullet club gold, you say?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Refs calling for a DQ instead of an ejection in any sort of match with stakes is a mistake. No one wants to see someone move on in a tournament thanks to the heels cheating.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Apparently Nick Wayne's theme is by JPEG mafia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9qp06U4s24

Finally, Tony getting more Peggy in AEW

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Got my Collision/All Out tix :woop:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: lol give it up, Sammy. Your face turn isn't going anywhere.

wrong, Sammy rules

Gumball Gumption posted:

Refs calling for a DQ instead of an ejection in any sort of match with stakes is a mistake. No one wants to see someone move on in a tournament thanks to the heels cheating.

yeah whenever this comes up it feels like another case of WWE conditioning people to expect certain things to aways end up the same way when in fact there are plenty of other options

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Harley Cameron is great because not only does she fit really well into QTV's TMZ gimmick by being blisteringly attractive and obnoxious in equal measure, she's also just really funny and having fun with the gimmick as well.

I'm in the minority in that I really enjoy QTV, just thought that Hobbs was a poor fit, but with Johnny TV I think the group makes a lot more sense now. I can't help it; I love Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping. I think they're fun and have a unique promo style that adds variety and also lasts like two minutes at most out of a two hour program if a segment is a dud.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah QTV works way better as a bunch of lower card goofballs for faces to clown on instead of being an anchor around Hobbs's waist

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

100% agreed, but they should stop booking dumbass spots where the ref not DQing someone is such a bizarre move that it makes them look like the world's biggest geeks, like that poo poo with Don Callis getting ejected at the pape and then just being allowed to come back out to openly interfere in the match a few minutes later. That could've been done in any number of better ways.

That's the whole reason I don't really like how often then they "break" the rules of their reality. At least if these were really brilliant scenarios where the heel outsmarts everyone in a new way it would be fine, but it rarely turns out to be anything clever and leaves people standing around looking dumb.

If the story requires that someone just stands around for a while with their thumbs up their rear end or a face gets taken in by obvious lies from the heel, then the story should be revised. If you absolutely need a heel to cheat to win every week, then you need to write at the very least new variations on how they cheat. MJF has used the Diamond Ring to win plenty of matches, but the story isn't that he simply smuggles it in in his trunks every time, which is great because it makes sense a face would have trouble stopping a resourceful heel from finding a new way to cheat. If MJF was just pulling the ring from his tights every match, faces must be really dumb not to have the ref check MJFs tights before the match, and I don't think many people want to cheer on dopes.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pinwiz11 posted:

Got my Collision/All Out tix :woop:

Get anything decent?

The Combo Tickets sucked! It got in right away and it was all just 5 lower bowl sections, so not great.

The Individual All Out tickets went quickly and had better options. Was like 125 in the queue and got a seat center with the ring at the top of the lower bowl facing the hard cam. When I went back all they had were 3rd deck available.

Ended up snagging a Collision ticket as well, because there was like a 4th row lower bowl dead center with the ring, which is like my favorite seat!

So with all three shows I just dropped $450, yikes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

High five, fellow goblin owner. Here's mine.

trap ?