Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

in a world where the iiconics are no longer on television i'm glad harley cameron is carrying on their legacy of hot australians being annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

No, she (usually) likes belly rubs. But sometimes she just wants to play with my soft hand.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Harley Cameron is great because not only does she fit really well into QTV's TMZ gimmick by being blisteringly attractive and obnoxious in equal measure, she's also just really funny and having fun with the gimmick as well.

I'm in the minority in that I really enjoy QTV, just thought that Hobbs was a poor fit, but with Johnny TV I think the group makes a lot more sense now. I can't help it; I love Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping. I think they're fun and have a unique promo style that adds variety and also lasts like two minutes at most out of a two hour program if a segment is a dud.

Harley wants to gently caress Bowens like we hosed Bin Laden.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Need to hear Juice scream “IBUSHIIIIIIIIIIIII!” now

Also, as per usual,

quote:

give the goblin some gold

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. MJF and Adam Cole advancing to the finals of a Blind Tag Tourney. I watched the Golden Elite glitter in the dark under the tittymaster's hateful gaze. All those moments will be lost in time, like V-triggers in a pape. Time to knock.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

At the very end when Kenny was really getting going talking about how what the Golden Elite had was bigger than Deathjutsu, bigger than their beefs, that he was going to say something like "the power of love/friendship" that would have ruled imo

hotep botnet
Jul 10, 2023

by vyelkin
PAC should win the title from OC

it's like poetry

it rhymes

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Where’s Bonk???

He’s still celebrating pac coming back

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I hope we get another House Rules match sometime

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/platinummax/status/1679509440746213378

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Missing out on pac vs mjf at Wembley is fine if it means pac vs ibushi in a singles at Wembley

The Bastard versus the guy who uses the Bastard Driver. Black Arrow versus Phoenix Splash. :getin:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Good and fun Dynamite.

Kommander is fine, but there are so many other luchadores on the roster I'd rather watch so yeah. Great finish tho, the liontamer looked brutal from Jericho last night.

MJF/Cole is just brilliant stuff. I don't know who will turn on who first, but I almost want them to run this thing all the way to taking the tag titles because its been such a fun bit I don't want it to end. I don't think they should be beating FTR or BCG but I'm gonna enjoy that match. I'm not sure if they hit the double clothesline or if its used against MJF by Cole/Strong. The vingettes are funny, they've built a really good in ring schtick together. MJF being the punchline just shows how good that dude really is. He's so good at this thing. Fun match too, loved the push up punchline where only MJF gets punished for finally buying in. I hope that MJF is really trying to setup Cole as "im not as strong as I really am" so he can destroy him for big heat and some kayfabe elevation whenever they fight again.

Britt being mad at him for hanging with a heel is prime hypocrisy, but what is she even mad about? He quite clearly didn't cheat on her and MJF did his thing. ITS ALL ON CAMERA.

Sammy/Garcia v Darby/OC was very fun. I enjoyed the entire dynamic and while the ending was a bit cheap, it was well woven into the larger stories AEW is telling. Darby's kid pal was debuting, Swerve can't stand Darby and wants to gently caress with his opponents so him showing up to ruin their match before he put away Nick Wayne I liked. Darby and OC didn't need to go further, they're already p well over and are a sometimes team anyway (i get its a "blind" tournament, but come on that isn't really true).

I did not care about Harley, she was annoying. That segment with the rap was the most surprising thing on the show. I was fully expecting it to be an awful joke, but nah even if that's fully produced that was a very good thing. Hot and talented? Hopefully she can go in the ring if that's part of the plan because i was compelled by that effort. QTV is schlock garbage, but that's the point and that was the best thing they've done so far.

Ruby Skye was good and fine, Skye shouldn't be winning but she's gotten to continue to look improved and strong with her recent outings. It's very weird to me that Ruby is the actual main character of the Outcasts, but Toni has the belt and Saraya gets way more "attention" than Ruby. She's gonna win this thing so she finally has an accomplishment to her name and gets to rub Britts face in it.

Swerve and Nick was very good. Nick is clearly still young, but drat he is very talented. The finishing sequence is loving astounding. I hope they slow play him a bit like Hook (speaking of not even child locks can stop him).

Pac makes a lot of sense, kinda forgot about him, but he made it all make sense with just a few lines. And he's still a violence hammer pervert so BCC will love him in Blood & Guts. Ibushi was obvious, but it was still a good reveal and Kenny playing it up like a maniacal anime character all night was great LOOK AT THE SCREEN. Okay sure why not. Next week is gonna be wild.

drat it feels good to be all elite. Gotta share a photo of my cat boys apparently.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

If I find a picture of one of my cats yawning I'll add it to the Cats Booing Callis collection.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Astro7x posted:

Get anything decent?

The Combo Tickets sucked! It got in right away and it was all just 5 lower bowl sections, so not great.

The Individual All Out tickets went quickly and had better options. Was like 125 in the queue and got a seat center with the ring at the top of the lower bowl facing the hard cam. When I went back all they had were 3rd deck available.

Ended up snagging a Collision ticket as well, because there was like a 4th row lower bowl dead center with the ring, which is like my favorite seat!

So with all three shows I just dropped $450, yikes!

I got a seat that was basically the mirror of where I watched All Out the last couple of years, so I lept on it. It's a solid seat that does the job for the price, so I'm happy. (I need to be frugal this year due to the Eurovision trip and saving for next year.)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lmao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Newgrounds krewe rise up

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Someone said this is now the Cats Booing Don Callis thread? gently caress Don Callis, all my homies hate Don Callis

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

If I find a picture of one of my cats yawning I'll add it to the Cats Booing Callis collection.

BOOOO DON CALLIS BOOOOO!

Oh my god is that Kota Ibushi?!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I thought this was the best Kommander match I've seen. Maybe it was working with Jericho, but the match flowed well, whereas previous singles efforts from him got pretty clunky in between the beautiful high spots.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DOOOOOOONNNNNNN

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Boo

E:

Shard I gotta say as a cat enjoyer, your cat is cute as a button.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Why Don why!?

https://imgur.com/a/kLqY8KZ

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 13, 2023

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BOOOOOO

BOOOOOO SHE SAYS

hotep botnet
Jul 10, 2023

by vyelkin
so don should be able to take a bump to end this saga, what are we thinking? i'd like to see an OWA off the top of the seating area balcony through some tables, make it happen boys

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

hotep botnet posted:

so don should be able to take a bump to end this saga, what are we thinking? i'd like to see an OWA off the top of the seating area balcony through some tables, make it happen boys

A second huge vertical gash on his head, next to the last one. Then eventually he can have a Switchblade logo on his head.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Mr. Squishy posted:

I thought this was the best Kommander match I've seen. Maybe it was working with Jericho, but the match flowed well, whereas previous singles efforts from him got pretty clunky in between the beautiful high spots.

Do you subscribe to ROH? If so, seek out him versus El Hijo del Vikingo from this year's Supercard of Honor if you haven't already, Dave gave the match ****3/4 and it's almost certainly the best thing Komander's been a part of in ROH/AEW to date.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I don’t care how contrived the setup for the Kommander Special is i will mark

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kota is gonna moonsault off the top of the cage, yeah? Maybe with a roman candle in his rear end or something?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
*Kenny walks into the dressing room and sees Kota sticking a firework in his butt*
Kenny: No Kota-kun wait, the match doesn't start for another hour!
Kota: ...We have a match?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So let's pretend someone here hasn't seen Kota Ibushi wrestle and doesn't know what he's about. Obviously I know everything about him and I've memorized all his matches, but let's pretend it's some clown who hasn't seen any of it.

Would you explain the basics of Kota to that clown?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So let's pretend someone here hasn't seen Kota Ibushi wrestle and doesn't know what he's about. Obviously I know everything about him and I've memorized all his matches, but let's pretend it's some clown who hasn't seen any of it.

insane athlete, also just insane. smooth movement, can do acrobatics with the best of them, and generally has no regard for his own safety. can also be as intense as anyone, really hard strikes and kicks. will gladly beat the poo poo out of anyone. was banned from sumo hall for years for doing a moonsault off the balcony after being told he would be banned from sumo hall for years if he did a moonsault off the balcony.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Kota is a wrestling elemental. There are no thoughts in his head other than about wrestling. He likes to do flips, take neck bumps, and he turns into a Murder Demon who throws knees to the back of his opponent's head until they're dead. He's also in absurd shape.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Imagine a jacked af guy who can do Last Rides and phoenix splashes with equal talent. Possibly one of the dumbest people in wrestling in the most charming way, he doesn't like fiction because he gets angry at books "lying to him" and got lost once for hours when he was just a block away from his hotel. He is the son of a wealthy family and could have done anything and he chose to light himself on fire while moonsaulting into bingo hall tables. He has exchanged every single brain cell for more wrestling prowess. He is, imo, the most pure wrestler imaginable because there is nothing else this man wants to do, or is capable of doing, and he's one of the greatest in the world at it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

yea ok posted:

insane athlete, also just insane. smooth movement, can do acrobatics with the best of them, and generally has no regard for his own safety. can also be as intense as anyone, really hard strikes and kicks. will gladly beat the poo poo out of anyone. was banned from sumo hall for years for doing a moonsault off the balcony after being told he would be banned from sumo hall for years if he did a moonsault off the balcony.

DLC Inc posted:

Imagine a jacked af guy who can do Last Rides and phoenix splashes with equal talent. Possibly one of the dumbest people in wrestling in the most charming way, he doesn't like fiction because he gets angry at books "lying to him" and got lost once for hours when he was just a block away from his hotel. He is the son of a wealthy family and could have done anything and he chose to light himself on fire while moonsaulting into bingo hall tables. He has exchanged every single brain cell for more wrestling prowess. He is, imo, the most pure wrestler imaginable because there is nothing else this man wants to do, or is capable of doing, and he's one of the greatest in the world at it.

lol that sounds great.

I mean obviously I already knew all that, but on behalf of this clown thank you.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

it's me, I'm the clown

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm sure Ibushi vs Nakamura from wk9 is on bilibili or something. just go watch it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The clown is Kota Ibushi

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Boo

E:

Shard I gotta say as a cat enjoyer, your cat is cute as a button.

I agree!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Others have already explained Kota, but here are some notable matches:

vs. Nakamura at WK9.

vs. Tanahashi in the G1 28 final.

vs. Naito at WK15.

vs. Yoshihiko in DDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yea ok posted:

i'm sure Ibushi vs Nakamura from wk9 is on bilibili or something. just go watch it

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86x53p

Yeah, tell that clown to watch this match