Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

or go watch that naito ibushi g1 match with The Neck Bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

boxcarhobo posted:

or go watch that naito ibushi g1 match with The Neck Bump

It should really be stressed that another thing about Ibushi is he hates necks. Especially his own.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He was in a segment with Tanahashi once where they were supposed to be drawing something on sketchpads, Kota couldn't figure out how his pen worked. Eventually Tana opened the pen for him, he was trying to remove the wrong side of it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

He was in a segment with Tanahashi once where they were supposed to be drawing something on sketchpads, Kota couldn't figure out how his pen worked. Eventually Tana opened the pen for him, he was trying to remove the wrong side of it

Tana was absolutely convinced it was a bit while Ibushi kept insisting it wasn't

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The Elite shouldn’t have told Ibushi about Blood And Guts, but instead conspired to lure him to the ring and trap him in the cage, so he can just start wrestling out of pure instinct, like when this happened:

https://youtu.be/Ak9WKctt1lo

I like to think this sort of things happens to him several times a day and he’s never ever questioned why it keeps happening.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Takeshita’s jacket is the most iconic look in wrestling right now, prove me wrong

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
https://twitter.com/ibushi_kota/status/1253698973916778498?s=20

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anyone who wants more Ibushi stories please check out this old thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917196&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/WillWashington/status/1679536587447623712

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That Mox’s vacation was still ongoing and he hadn’t reunited with The Shield in WWE yet

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Now that it's official, I definitely want to see Kota get Skinamaring-ed in the space between the two Blood and Guts rings.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My question is the Dark Order subplot - where is it going. Does it factor into the ending? Or do we get a definitive blowoff to the bcc stuff and then Hangman feuds with the dark order? Or it goes nowhere and they were just used as props in the bcc feud.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

My question is the Dark Order subplot - where is it going. Does it factor into the ending? Or do we get a definitive blowoff to the bcc stuff and then Hangman feuds with the dark order? Or it goes nowhere and they were just used as props in the bcc feud.

We hear from Dark Order on Rampage and I’m excited to see what groundwork they lay for their next chapter. I assume they won’t factor into Blood & Guts and are effectively done with Hanger for now since they got the big win last week.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

yea ok posted:

i'm sure Ibushi vs Nakamura from wk9 is on bilibili or something. just go watch it

OK that owned. Those guys worked STIFF.

What the hell kinda gimmick was Nakamura doing there though? Wrestling Michael Jackson?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

some day a referee is going to learn the ancient art of looking over your shoulder, and wrestling will never be the same again

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1679200706169827347

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

skye blue’s neckbreaker looks way better than the code blue and should be her finish

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That weird loving top rope leaping German Suplex was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

E:

also genuine lol at this story

Like StarkRavingMad says:

StarkRavingMad posted:

I just love the progression from "I'm going to Chicago and nothing bad will happen this time" to instantly "I've lost everything I own"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 13, 2023

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What the hell kinda gimmick was Nakamura doing there though? Wrestling Michael Jackson?

Yep, Nakamura often cites Michael Jackson as one of his main inspirations

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

This company is dead.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Takeshita’s jacket is the most iconic look in wrestling right now, prove me wrong

School shooter matrix jacket

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mox is quitting

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjE5NiWpv0

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Yep, Nakamura often cites Michael Jackson as one of his main inspirations

Well he nailed it then!

e: I now love Kota Ibushi.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 13, 2023

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

yea ok posted:

This company is dead.
BBTK is a fuckin control freak that wants his little stories to play out exactly like what's in his head

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

quote:

Any physicality involving ... celebrities and special guests.

... Those weren't cleared already? :raise:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

... Those weren't cleared already? :raise:
presumably consent was sought from the guest but not Management

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

that PAC would associate himself with people from Blackpool

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm selling my blood and guts tickets before the market crashes after that gets out

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That weird loving top rope leaping German Suplex was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

E:

also genuine lol at this story

Like StarkRavingMad says:

My favourite part about that story is that Ibushi tweeted through it without bothering to text Kenny, so Kenny's mentions get blown up by people telling him that Ibushi is having some issues and he needs to be collected. Kenny said these sort of calamities only befall Ibushi when they aren't travelling together (i.e. when Kenny is around to make sure Ibushi doesn't drop his passport in the lake and lose his wallet to a bird). Kenny says that they found his wallet at least.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

presumably consent was sought from the guest but not Management

Ah I can see that.

And as for Moxley he should do like doctors offices and get a paper detailing all the permissions he needs, laminate the paper, have someone sign and date it, take a picture, then erase it for the next time.

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013

yea ok posted:

This company is dead.

We got a Nick Gage deathmatch on TV, so it’s a company that succeeded in my book.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Most of the ban list I think I'm fine with, some of it I expect they'll keep doing anyway because lol, the "clear it with the coaches" seems more like "let's try not to do a DVD on the apron in every match tonight"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah most of it is just normal producer stuff like, let's not have avalanche poisonranas in three matches on the show. But that's part of what makes it fun :(

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am 100% invested in this MJF / Cole stuff.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My favourite part about that story is that Ibushi tweeted through it without bothering to text Kenny, so Kenny's mentions get blown up by people telling him that Ibushi is having some issues and he needs to be collected. Kenny said these sort of calamities only befall Ibushi when they aren't travelling together (i.e. when Kenny is around to make sure Ibushi doesn't drop his passport in the lake and lose his wallet to a bird). Kenny says that they found his wallet at least.

lol that owns

Did he ever explain how he lost all his worldly possessions in a couple of hours?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The lamest outcome I can think of to this Cole/MJF thing is MJF turning on him with the big "Haha got you" poo poo, so I hope they do literally anything except that

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

yea ok posted:

This company is dead.

All good stuff IMO. I loving hate blind throw into the turnbuckle spots, especially after what happened with Otani.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
I've explained to my friend (only watched WWF in the 80s/90s) that Ibushi is a pro wrestling Goku. Absolutely devastating in fighting, takes high risks with no hesitation, trains to physical perfection and then surpasses it. But also you can clearly see there's no brain matter behind his eyeballs when it comes to anything outside of fighting.

Along with that primer I also sent my friend the classic DDT KOD Openweight Title match Ibushi vs. Yoshihiko (2015) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LApVz53Spw

bluexy
Jun 23, 2023
Someone in the audience gives Nick Jackson a regular Coke instead of a Diet Coke and now nobody gets to take drinks from fans. 1984.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

"All blading must be cleared by a coach"

The coach: