Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

silentsnack posted:

can't tell which is funnier...

toddler logic: "I said someone doxx this dude for me and snapped my fingers, that means you're supposed to do it right away"
or
completely misunderstanding copyrights: "when I have an idea I'm like a god creating valuable intellectual property that is entirely mine, if you independently have the same idea as me then you're a criminal stealing the thing I never bothered to write down or publish"
or
definitely rational and healthy behavior as sane people do: "my life sucks but I've got a list of people I need to get even with, including That Girl Who Didn't Laugh At My Really Great Joke In Sixth Grade"

He also thinks the word "parallax" is his now apparently. I got bad news for him re: DC Comics, let alone the fact that Parallax is kinda just a fuckin word.

Also a reminder, this was also Boris. And he was once asked not to use a slur and went off on an insane rant about how disgusting "western" women are and how asian women stay hot longer.

When anyone had a problem with any of this, he just threatened to stop development on ENB. It's closed source and other mods couldn't do stuff that ENB could, so he got away with it. Now he's going to have a harder time putting a gun to his mod's head and making weak-willed people go "but I wanna use ENB, so I guess we have to just let him be a monster!"

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Agents are GO! posted:

I've never really felt the performance hit from ENB was worth it. :shrug:

Same with Reshade. It doubles SSAO, fucks with the gamma, and puts a weird wet glossiness on everything for the incredible price of 100% max fan speed 24/7.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol I love whenever one of these psychopaths that have the secret arcane knowledge of how to do whatever gets unseated by someone who isn't insane. With the ENB guy and the Open Cities person both taken down not sure who's left to compete for the cracy crown at least among the ranks of people who make very popular mods. Maybe the Sim Settlements team will turn out to be some kind of Jonestown situation or something

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Same with Reshade. It doubles SSAO, fucks with the gamma, and puts a weird wet glossiness on everything for the incredible price of 100% max fan speed 24/7.

I mean... you know you can choose what Reshade does, right? It doesn't have to do any of the things you list.

I'll grant you there are a shitload of horrible overdone "Photorealistic" presets for every game under the sun which look like arse, but it can be a nice tool sometimes. I remember using it for Dragon's Dogma to deband the sky, for example.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah I use reshade on FFXIV to just make the colors pop a little more, I like it.

The community also had its own insane modder drama a few months back, there was an XIV specific reshade split called Gshade and the developer went bugfuck nuts and so everyone just migrated right back to reshade lmao

Orv
May 4, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

Lol I love whenever one of these psychopaths that have the secret arcane knowledge of how to do whatever gets unseated by someone who isn't insane. With the ENB guy and the Open Cities person both taken down not sure who's left to compete for the cracy crown at least among the ranks of people who make very popular mods. Maybe the Sim Settlements team will turn out to be some kind of Jonestown situation or something

Whatever happened to that one modder who went mad about Minecraft stuff, got chased off to KSP and then also got chased off there for being bananas? I think that’s the same person it’s so hard to keep track of some of these antics.

Was that the wolf meat guy? Or the one that did the stuff that made your game crash if you had certain mods? Oh god help

Orv fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 9, 2023

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Orv posted:

Whatever happened to that one modder who went mad about Minecraft stuff, got chased off to KSP and then also got chased off there for being bananas? I think that’s the same person it’s so hard to keep track of some of these antics.

Was that the wolf meat guy? Or the one that did the stuff that made your game crash if you had certain mods? Oh god help

careful, you might inadvertently summon a wiki and generate a bunch of silly drama which future generations of internet weirdos will need to archive and study

Orv
May 4, 2011
Eugh

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Orv posted:

Most ENB presets make me question if the people making them have eyes and tweaking it manually makes my Bethesda modding ennui be a thousand times heavier so not a big loss

I Have not seen a single shader preset that is better than the original.
You want better lighting you have to work for it and get your hands dirty baking.

DaysBefore posted:

Currently theres is only one person able and willing to crack denuvo's new DRM and shes a crazy transphobe who puts large terfy screeds in her crack releases.
Im anticipating a meltdown on that end.

At least she hasnt reached the point where shes putting malware in the releases, i think

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 9, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Empress is scary I don't think I could cross that hurdle

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Yeah I was definitely going to suggest Empress as well. :v:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

DaysBefore posted:

they will build jonestown...in Starlight Drive-in!

Also, its nice using Community Shaders+Reshade. All CS lacks and ENB has right now (for me at least) is better subsurface scattering for skin.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 10, 2023

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Midnight Voyager posted:

He also thinks the word "parallax" is his now apparently. I got bad news for him re: DC Comics, let alone the fact that Parallax is kinda just a fuckin word.

poo poo I remember parallax mapping being a selling point of the STALKER Complete mod back in 2008 or 2009 and it's been in a bunch of games, absolutely hilarious of him to think/act like it's his innovation

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's in the original FEAR, from 2005.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Tankbuster posted:

they will build jonestown...in Starlight Drive-in!

Also, its nice using Community Shaders+Reshade. All CS lacks and ENB has right now (for me at least) is better subsurface scattering for skin.

Good news, Doodlum's working on subsurface scattering for CS as we speak.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Midnight Voyager posted:

Community Shaders is getting a lot of features that used to be exclusive to ENB.

https://imgur.com/a/doCyGnR

The guy who made ENB is having a motherfuckin normal one.

Nice meltdown. Even by modder drama standards.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Midnight Voyager posted:

And he was once asked to use a slur and went off on an insane rant about how disgusting "western" women are and how asian women stay hot longer.

do you mean he was asked to not use a slur?

I ah, yeah, see what you mean. Contrast this with, say, the fallout 4 NV mod releases, or black mesa's promo work.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Discendo Vox posted:

do you mean he was asked to not use a slur?

I ah, yeah, see what you mean. Contrast this with, say, the fallout 4 NV mod releases, or black mesa's promo work.

Yes, that's what I meant, whoops

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR7UAWLNBKc

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Weeeeeeak. When I saw the Valve logo, I was hoping for a total conversion mod. Lemme see every weapon, environment, and effect redone with lego.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Agents are GO! posted:

I've never really felt the performance hit from ENB was worth it. :shrug:

I got served this on yt the other day and man it's really something that the VA stopped being stilted when it was the bandit dude threatening to have his way with the lady player character

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Skippy McPants posted:

Weeeeeeak. When I saw the Valve logo, I was hoping for a total conversion mod. Lemme see every weapon, environment, and effect redone with lego.

bro there have been LEGO peg-leg pieces for decades, and they've actually started doing half-leg pieces specifically for minifigs with modern prosthetic legs, don't just rip off his leg and have him stand like normal.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Balmora Burger Franchise
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47613

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't have a source but it's too sick not to share

https://twitter.com/SavinTheBees/status/1676019593918451712

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I don't have a source but it's too sick not to share

https://twitter.com/SavinTheBees/status/1676019593918451712

You need a copy of Tony Hawk's Underground 2 on PC. Then you install the THUGPro mod (https://thpsx.com/thugpro-info/) and then the Firelink Shrine mod (https://thpsx.com/creation-details/?obj=1474).

There's also a Solaire mod (https://thpsx.com/creation-details/?obj=2367) you can install too.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Idea I had in the shower that I'm sure someone's already made: a mod that replaces all of the loot in the final treasure chests of a bandit cave or other dungeon with a note that says "the real treasure is the friends you made along the way."

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

Idea I had in the shower that I'm sure someone's already made: a mod that replaces all of the loot in the final treasure chests of a bandit cave or other dungeon with a note that says "the real treasure is the friends you made along the way."

Nier is like that

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Nier is like that

In NieR the note would actually say "the real treasure was the friends you murdered along the way, you monster"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Moon Slayer posted:

Quest added: Find this loving "friend" that keeps stealing all your treasure

E: you find him and he goes "thank the gods, you had this weird rock in one chest and this goddess won't shut up"

Dareon fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 14, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXIQ95F7Hw

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Finally, a new F-Zero game.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
they never explained why a racecar driver could do fire punches/kicks, he just showed up in smash bros being able to do that for some reason

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

StillFullyTerrible posted:

they never explained why a racecar driver could do fire punches/kicks, he just showed up in smash bros being able to do that for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyr2qzeLMTY

seems normal tbh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Racecar driver and bounty hunter. Also, you can do more things than just your job too. Some of the top members of the Justice League are: A journalist, a police investigator, two billionaires, museum curator, middle school student? (No idea how old kid Shazam is in comics right now)

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
poo poo, man. I don't even do my job well.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

updating my list of "times norio wakamoto has voiced a demon"

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

losing my poo poo @ those CC

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

losing my poo poo @ those CC

holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

They all can do that, they generally just don't publicize it.