Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

Hearing that he's being renamed to Boopie

They're going to bring in that guy from House of Torture to team with him.

Sho Boopie! Sho Boopie! Sho Boopie!
A team that's hard to get!
But you can beat them yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
at least we'll always have griff garrison

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it:
Scheduling 3 tournaments running at the exact same time was not a good idea! Cut the men's owen for this year.

On the other hand tournaments are cool and we should do more. Give me a trios tournament and a young lions tournament and an old timers tournament and a women’s tag tournament. And then do a tournament with all the winners from the previous tournaments, not sure how that would work but we can figure that out later.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Oh oh oh and a death match tournament, we definitely need a death match tournament. One of those one night death match tournaments where by the end the finalists are all hosed up and gross looking. I love those.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I guess they signed that former nxt bodybuilder that hated drake wuertz and that Dave meltzer liked, ej nduka. good for him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

"Hung Bucks? we'll see!"

:aaa:

I never thought of this and now it's all I want from the match

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

RealityWarCriminal posted:

at least we'll always have griff garrison

Who the gently caress is Griff Garrison?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I guess they signed that former nxt bodybuilder that hated drake wuertz and that Dave meltzer liked, ej nduka. good for him.

I just checked this wasn't a Beepie joke I didn't get. He got Trench's spot?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah they both suck at being entertaining.

Pretty much. Pillman will probably be fine in an environment where they just have him work a very basic style.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pillman's probably gonna flounder if he signs in NXT because he's not as good as the indy darling workers they still have and they probably don't think of him as an exciting future prospect. He'll probably be just a mid card wrestler up and comers can beat

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Who the gently caress is Griff Garrison?

The one in Varsity Blondes who wasn't Beepie or Julia the Cheerleader.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wish BPJ luck, but I won't particularly miss him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
According to Cagematch, Griff Garrison had one ROH match last month and then a couple of weeks ago he and his longtime partner Marcus Kross got a tag team win in SFCW

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

1glitch0 posted:

The one in Varsity Blondes who wasn't Beepie or Julia the Cheerleader.

That was Jungle Boy Jack Perry

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The main role that the Blonds had was just being the designated face jobber team and that is a role that AEW does need. It’s just that the Blonds weren’t really good enough to get anyone over. The Sydals were really good in that role but Mike Sydal hasn’t been around for a few years now.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Sandman McMahon posted:

On the other hand tournaments are cool and we should do more. Give me a trios tournament and a young lions tournament and an old timers tournament and a women’s tag tournament. And then do a tournament with all the winners from the previous tournaments, not sure how that would work but we can figure that out later.

If the thing about WBD wanting more PPVs for HBOMax is true Tony should bring back some one-night-tournaments. Give us King Of The Ring HBO Max

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

pillman's only positive trait is his last name and they'll take that away from him in nxt

he and arn anderson's son should form a failson tag team of no charisma in wwe

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

ok everyone. post your favorite variety blonds match.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

When crowds first came back, the varsity blonds were really over with the crowd. Both them and the Acclaimed got really big reactions, and I was pleased but surprised by both of them. That was definitely the high water mark for BPJ in AEW though.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

The Pac/Fenix tiny hammer temptation story was so good.

The average creative mind: What if he lifts this massive hammer and hits him with it? This huge hammer that takes all the muscles in the world to life. Thor's hammer being lifted by Atlas.
The wrestling genius mind: What if it was a tiny hammer?

Edit: And by "genius mind" I mean Groucho Marx circa 100 years ago.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mr. Squishy posted:

When crowds first came back, the varsity blonds were really over with the crowd. Both them and the Acclaimed got really big reactions, and I was pleased but surprised by both of them. That was definitely the high water mark for BPJ in AEW though.

The Varsity Blonds were the means by which a real star, Julia Hart, got established in AEW and for that they deserve our gratitude.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Gosh the story of handing her over was interminable though.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Gosh the story of handing her over was interminable though.

It dragged for sure but the payoff was amazing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mrenda posted:

The average creative mind: What if he lifts this massive hammer and hits him with it? This huge hammer that takes all the muscles in the world to life. Thor's hammer being lifted by Atlas.
The wrestling genius mind: What if it was a tiny hammer?

Edit: And by "genius mind" I mean Groucho Marx circa 100 years ago.

I remember someone else at the same time was doing a "face tempted by small object and the easy out it presented" at the exact same time. Wardlow using the diamond ring maybe?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

rantmo posted:

It dragged for sure but the payoff was amazing.

Sad, corrupted Julia just sitting on the ring steps during some of their matches, not responding to anything was funny as heck.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Squall posted:

Sad, corrupted Julia just sitting on the ring steps during some of their matches, not responding to anything was funny as heck.

Now that I think about it, the way it seemed to drag actually made me start to doubt if the turn was actually going to happen, or if she was just going to sulk at ringside forever (which was, indeed, very funny) and that sort of, not suspense really but I can't think of a better word for it, is unusual in AEW and now that it's all said and done, it was good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pylons posted:

That match is tonight (taped on Wednesday)

MassRafTer posted:

Willow/Athena is on Rampage tonight.
please do not gaslight me with fake made up shows

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gavok posted:

They're going to bring in that guy from House of Torture to team with him.

A team that's hard to get!
But you can beat them yet!

Gosh I hope not. SHO actually has personality.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Pillman won two televised matches in AEW. 1vs1 against Max Caster in his hometown (after MJF dissed his whole family) and 8vs8 against 2.0 and Acclaimed where Jurassic Express did the heavy lifting.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rantmo posted:

The Varsity Blonds were the means by which a real star, Julia Hart, got established in AEW and for that they deserve our gratitude.

nobody cared about them anyway until Julia showed up so yes, it's pretty clear they were only Julia Over

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Orange Carlisle posted:

pillman's only positive trait is his last name and they'll take that away from him in nxt

he and arn anderson's son should form a failson tag team of no charisma in wwe

They did tag once or twice in aew lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

nobody cared about them anyway until Julia showed up so yes, it's pretty clear they were only Julia Over

people post pictures of now famous wrestlers as jobbers on Main Event or Velocity or whatever but to me the funniest version of this was that Julia Hart was on Smackdown i think, not as a jobber or even as a valet or something, she was a fake contest winner in a KFC sponsor segment

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

They did tag once or twice in aew lol

lol goes to show dont let your dreams just be dreams

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Young Bucks had a sick title defense against the Blondes where they sprayed Julia in the face with the cold spray and then tricked me for like half a second into thinking the Blondes would win. Definitely the highlight of Beepie's run in AEW.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So how much dong do the Hung Bucks hang?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

So how much dong do the Hung Bucks hang if the Hung Bucks can hang dong?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Julia Hart fuckin owns

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

The Young Bucks had a sick title defense against the Blondes where they sprayed Julia in the face with the cold spray and then tricked me for like half a second into thinking the Blondes would win. Definitely the highlight of Beepie's run in AEW.

the bucks rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Captain Foo posted:

Julia Hart fuckin owns