Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Shard posted:

I didn't see him

When Matt does the Empire jingle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
I like Saraya even if she isn’t given much to do. I was penalized for this opinion by the gods not having Sling DVR collision even though I had it set up. I’m assuming it will be on demand next week but that really sucks.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHc-Z3X3eYM

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Saraya is a rich woman's Rebel

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Outcasts are a great act but that doesn't mean they aren't humongous losers bad at wrestling attached to a world champion

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Saraya's fine, there are just people in the women's division I'd rather see. Plus it continues to irritate me that sometimes when she does the finger-thumb L she uses the wrong hand.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Outcasts are a great act but that doesn't mean they aren't humongous losers bad at wrestling attached to a world champion

Toni Storm is a bad wrestler? :confused:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The tone and quality between the men's and women's main events is pretty wide and the Outcasts are a big part of it. They're getting better but God drat it was dire when the women's division was "Jamie has the belt but the focus is on the Outcasts calling people losers and acting like it's highschool".

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

nah the bad wrestlers are attached to the world champion

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

read the post to the very end

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Never read posts all the way to the end just reflexively smash reply at the exact point it makes you mad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Outcasts would be a better act if they dropped all the Bella Twins tribute poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Never read posts all the way to the end just reflexively smash reply at the exact point it makes you mad
if a post is two sentences or fewer, read it all. otherwise just skip it completely

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

The Outcasts would be a better act if they dropped all the Bella Twins tribute poo poo

Saraya, Toni, and Ruby would be a great act if they were just mean and angry and not mean girls.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

read the post to the very end

I misread champion as championship, my bad

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Rarity posted:

As somebody who dropped wrestling from 02-20, what does this mean

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Mean Girls stuff is what is making them fun, c'mon now. Cardboard Saraya was great as was the Renaissance Painting that put Ruby over Britt. They just need better foils and some direction in the division.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

Saraya's fine, there are just people in the women's division I'd rather see. Plus it continues to irritate me that sometimes when she does the finger-thumb L she uses the wrong hand.

it's cause she's british, that's how they drive

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
“the Outcasts act like oblivious lame annoying middle school bullies who haven’t grown up” is a weird criticism of the act because that’s the entire point?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

“the Outcasts act like oblivious lame annoying middle school bullies who haven’t grown up” is a weird criticism of the act because that’s the entire point?

I'd just love to see literally anything else in women's wrestling because we have 30+ years of absolute garbage acts that were all about being middle school mean girl bullies and it would be cool if AEW which is great about being fresh and new could actually do something fresh and new with the division.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

The tone and quality between the men's and women's main events is pretty wide and the Outcasts are a big part of it. They're getting better but God drat it was dire when the women's division was "Jamie has the belt but the focus is on the Outcasts calling people losers and acting like it's highschool".

Hayter having sick title defenses was pretty cool, I liked that.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Saraya is a great get...on paper, but her in ring stuff hasn't really recovered and she's only as good as those she works with, and the goofy rear end Ronnie Radke poo poo doesn't help. Every time they try to make something of the women's division it feels stymied by injuries, certain talents just not being where they need to be yet, visa issues, and other things out of their control. Yuka Sakazaki was the latest blow - I genuinely believe they wanted to start building the division around her and bringing back the joshi focus they had at the start but a neck injury is no joke. Mercedes fell through, Jamie got injured, Britt kind of fell backwards into her role and is dealing with injury too, Thunder Rosa got injured mid-hot-run, Jade isn't there yet in the ring, Taya's run has been cursed and the Canada tour paused her heel run and Stat program, Toni is awesome and Ruby is cool but that's two people, and Athena is currently crushing it in ROH but they might not want to split her time right now. And whenever they book Riho they have to deal with pretty much the worst people on the planet saying utterly heinous poo poo and like, who the gently caress would want to work under those conditions?

I don't know where they will go with it all but I feel like it's a blessing that Willow is as hot as she is right now and that she has what it takes to start pulling the division together but I really hope that more people can join her because Willow, Stat, Toni, and Ruby do not a division make.

No idea why they don't put Emi Sakura and Hikaru Shida on my TV every week though. But yeah, the state of the women's division is just sort of a bunch of unfortunate circumstances piling up that I really hope they can pull themselves out of soon.

On the heel side Nyla could use more screen time, and I have no idea why they aren’t putting Abadon on TV right now, especially after they’ve been putting in the work to get into great physical shape recently. I think with JAS falling apart and Tay out on maternity leave Anna Jay is probably getting a repackage soon supporting Jungle Boy (unless she goes back to Dark Order, which she shouldn’t).

Skye Blue seems to be getting a big face push too and they’ve been improving, I’d like them to keep investing in their young stars like this and give Julia Hart more in-ring time, they should be leveraging how well her work with HoB has been received into a more prominent role in the division.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hayter better be at Wembley and clothesline some fools

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'd just love to see literally anything else in women's wrestling because we have 30+ years of absolute garbage acts that were all about being middle school mean girl bullies and it would be cool if AEW which is great about being fresh and new could actually do something fresh and new with the division.

It's definitely the worst iteration of female heels in AEW, but I never thought it was as bad as most people here do

I actually think Saraya is pretty funny ringside, and if she just does bull's angelito a few times a year I'm perfectly happy. I like Ruby but she REALLY needs some big wins to feel like a threat. Maybe the best promo behind Britt in the division though. Toni rules.

The shtick is decidedly not good but they're easy to hate. I think part of the problem is it's hard to emphasize their essence without talking about wrestling outside of AEW, which is not easy to work into a promo.

It also doesn't help that the faces aren't prominent enough on the show for it to feel like the Outcasts are affecting them outside of the matches

E: why does nobody do Bull's Angelito? Move is incredible

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I'd like to see athena more on the wednesday or saturday shows

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

The Taxman posted:

It's definitely the worst iteration of female heels in AEW,
Oh how quickly we forget the Nightmare Collective.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

pressedbunny posted:

Oh how quickly we forget the Nightmare Collective.

Before I started watching! DOESN'T COUNT

Based on descriptions though, I will concede the point

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lamuella posted:

Britt does the D.M.D. pointing in reverse so it looks correct from our viewpoint which is why she's GOAT.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bard Maddox posted:

Well then maybe the commentators should stop talking about them like they're an existential threat to the women's division, because those two things don't fit together.

Also I hope Brodie gets to choke someone out again.

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1681025492214861829

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I guess that’s a fair criticism. I don’t really mind it because they’re all very talented and doing well with live crowds even running well-trod ground. I even like the lameness of it because it gives opponents on the way up like Willow and Skye Blue ammo to play off of even if the interference spots are overplayed. plus Ruby Soho keeps going Full Goto in big matches which always rocks

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well then maybe the commentators should stop talking about them like they're an existential threat to the women's division, because those two things don't fit together.

Also I hope Brodie gets to choke someone out again.

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1681025492214861829

To be fair, they have successfully taken the women's championship and ruin outcomes all the time, which could be considered an existential threat to a fair and prosperous women's division (in wrestling terms)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i see the outcasts, i fast-forward, it's just that simple

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MassRafTer posted:

Hayter having sick title defenses was pretty cool, I liked that.

I wish she had more than just three defenses and didn't get completely swept up into tag team stuff.

The Eliminator matches were cool but the idea of the Eliminator is such a WWE thing and I wish they'd stop doing it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Vandar posted:

I wish she had more than just three defenses and didn't get completely swept up into tag team stuff.

The Eliminator matches were cool but the idea of the Eliminator is such a WWE thing and I wish they'd stop doing it.

They were cooler when AEW had rankings because it was a way to jump into contention. Now it's just kinda filler.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Vandar posted:

The Eliminator matches were cool but the idea of the Eliminator is such a WWE thing

How so?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vandar posted:

The "champ loses to someone and someone gets a title shot" is a tired WWE trope. The idea of the Eliminator, as explained two weeks ago on Collision, is that if you can beat the champ in a non-title match you earn a shot; if you lose, you can't challenge for the belt again as long as they hold the belt. It gives it a bit more gravity to me than the tired poo poo WWE does because that's like the only way WWE seems to know how to setup challengers for the past 20 years.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Ganso Bomb posted:

The "champ loses to someone and someone gets a title shot" is a tired WWE trope. The idea of the Eliminator, as explained two weeks ago on Collision, is that if you can beat the champ in a non-title match you earn a shot; if you lose, you can't challenge for the belt again as long as they hold the belt. It gives it a bit more gravity to me than the tired poo poo WWE does because that's like the only way WWE seems to know how to setup challengers for the past 20 years.

Apparently that "can't challenge again" thing was just for the FTR/BCG match and not for every Eliminator.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
White Women Worldwide seemed like a cool faction at the start; Toni and Soho had legitimate You People gripes and are good, but like. Since it started Toni and Soho are having worse matches than before, with dumb obvious group cheating as a major factor of their competitive matches. If this was just violent storm and ruby who do more chair shots and stuff I'd be down, but I just feel at an all time low for Soho, and I know Toni can put better matches than this

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

White Women World Wide is what I’m going to call them now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Whenever Nyla and Riho aren't on my screen I open my window and yell "Where are Nyla and Riho?!". No one knows.